In this new article on starting a blog on BlogSpot (Google Blogger) blogging platform, you will not only learn how to make a successful blog but also how to improve its growth potential so that you will earn money from Blogspot in 2021!
Pitiya was started on October, 2012 on Google Blogger!
I did not think I would become a full-time marketer. But, starting a blog on Blogspot made that dream come true.
After successfully starting my blogging career on Blogger, I moved to the next ladder which is migrating to WordPress and grow my business.
But, If you are new to blogging or do not have enough income for compensating for fees such as hosting, premium themes, plugins, and other third-party tools, BlogSpot is such a fantastic place to get started.
That is why I thought to take a few hours and compile a complete article on starting a free blog on the BlogSpot blogging platform.
This is a little bit lengthier article. However, it includes techniques, tips, and strategies that you can’t neglect whatsoever, obviously, if you’re serious at this BIG thing: Succeed in blogging and stand out from others!
So, are you ready to start your blogging career on Blogger just Like me?
Is your answer YES?
So, why are we still waiting? Let’s start…
This start a blog Blogspot guide has seven sections. Let’s start with the basics. Here are several of those significant sections.
- Basics – Why you should create a blog, what’s the difference between a blog and a website, and why you should choose BlogSpot for your very first blog
- Things to do before creating a blogger blog
- How to create a free blog on BlogSpot under 5 minutes
- Useful tools for your very first BlogSpot blog
- Essential things to perform after creating a free BlogSpot blog
- Important things to do to maintain your site
- Blog growth tips and tricks for beginners
- What Is A Blog and Why Should You Have A Blog?
- Things to do before creating a Blogger blog
- How to Create A Free Blog on Blogspot.com
- Essential Things to do after creating a BlogSpot blog
- Set Up Custom Domain Name
- Install a Premium Template for BlogSpot blog
- Set Up Google Analytics for Your BlogSpot Blog
- Add your site to webmaster tools
- Set up social media profiles/channels for your brand new blog
- Create special pages for your business
- Start capturing potential readers of your blog
- Start Writing High-Quality Content
- Useful Tools for Your BlogSpot Blog
- SEOmofo – Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool
- Pingler – Ping your Blog post to various websites and search engines
- ContentStudio – Manage social media profiles
- SEMrush Keyword difficulty tool – Find Low competitive keywords
- SEMrush – A Complete Search Engine Marketing Tool
- Grammarly – Online Writing Aid tool
- Ubersuggest extension
- Baidu Ping – Ping Content to Baidu Search Engine
- Fetch as Googlebot – Get Google Indexed Your Blog Articles Faster
- Essential things to perform after starting a blog on BlogSpot
- Tips to Maintain Your Blog and Increase Traffic
- Conclusion on Starting a Blog BlogSpot Guide
What Is A Blog and Why Should You Have A Blog?
If you’re new to blogging, you might be struggling to understand the difference between a blog and a website. Although I am not going to dive very deep into blogging and its origin, here’s a brief description of the term of the blog from Wikipedia.
A blog (a truncation of the expression weblog) is a discussion or informational site published on the World Wide Web and consisting of discrete entries (“posts”) typically displayed in reverse chronological order (the most recent post appears first)
Do you know that every second, two new blogs (yes, brand new weblogs) are created by someone anywhere in the world?
Amazingly only a few of them could survive on the Internet and accomplish the success that web-owners expected. Now you may be thinking that if there are more than 5 million new blogs publicized monthly, what will happen to your free blog.
Some of your possible questions:
- How would your blog get traffic from search engines?
- How to rank for lucrative keywords in search engines to drive buyer traffic?
- How to compete with competitors?
- How to survive in blogging?
Although there are already more than 152,000,000 public blogs in the world, very few of them dominate the internet and get the attention of people.
Do you think by now there’s nothing to blog about, because of the number of public blogs and the post frequency on the Internet?
Nope. Although there are millions of blogs, many of them don’t get Google’s attention because of poor SEO practices and low-quality content.
Once you read the entire article, you will find everything you need to do to start a Blogger blog and make money blogging.
I think that by now you know what a blog is and why you can create a blog on any niche at whatever time.
First, answer these questions…
- Are you a good writer? I mean, can you write for a five-grade student?
- Are you a web designer or a creative freelancer?
- Is there any particular topic you know very well (ex: cooking, gardening, software development, Android OS, dog training, etc.)?
- Is there anything you’re very passionate about? (Ex: sports, campaigning, music, video games, interior design)?
- Do you have specific skills such as video recording, speaking which many people don’t have?
- Do you want to place the full-stop to the 9 to 5 job and make some lucrative monthly income online?
- Do you want a part-time job?
If your answer is the “yes” for one of the above questions, so you should start a blog. Having a blog will not only polish your writing skills and sharing your knowledge with others, but also gives you the ability to connect with other fellow bloggers and make money online through blogging.
Why BlogSpot? Not WordPress or Other Blogging Platforms?
There are a lot of blogging platforms online. Many are free to use. Others premium or freemium that have limits.
Sure, you can choose a hosting company and start your WordPress blog today. But, if you aren’t an expert in blogging or Internet marketing, so I recommend you to choose other blogging software such as BlogSpot. No doubt that WordPress has a lot of features and the flexibility you receive as a blogger.
But, what’s the best thing about BlogSpot is that it’s free to use everything and you can start making money blogging right today. Let me explain it better.
Although there are a lot of plugins and unique features on the WordPress blogging platform (both hosted and self-hosted types), you’re not guaranteed that your blog won’t be hacked.
Have you ever heard about ANY hacked BlogSpot blog?
I guess your answer is No. Because Blogger blogs are hosted on Google servers, it’s impossible to hack your BlogSpot blogs.
If you don’t use a reliable, WordPress-optimized hosting for your WordPress blogs such as BlueHost or WPengine, you’ll not be able to blog confidently because you can’t believe that your blog will not be down or something worse when tomorrow morning.
Another thing that prevents you from creating a self-hosted blog is that quality website hosting companies charge a higher price. If you are starting your blogging career from scratch, so you have to start from a hosted blogging platform.
After you learned the basics of blogging (how to write quality content, how to build a loyal audience) and other stuff such as conversation optimization etc., you can migrate from Blogger to WordPress.
But, now let’s learn how to create a free blog using BlogSpot.com from scratch.
So, by now, you’re concerned about why you must have a blog and the reasons to choose BlogSpot as your blogging software. Here are a few things you should complete before creating a blogger blog.
Things to do before creating a Blogger blog
Before making a free blog on Blogger, you should know why you’re blogging, what the reasons are, and what about you should blog.
I don’t want you to be like another 98% of bloggers who start a blog with good motivation, and after a few days they give up because of the lack of few characteristics.
A few reasons why amateur bloggers fail (Giving up blogging):
- Doesn’t have the consistency – If you’re one of those people who is tricked consistently for shiny money-making schemes, then you will probably quit blogging. I have found that this is the main reason why only a small group of people succeed in Internet Marketing. It’s not limited to Internet marketing, it’s a universal barrier many people face.
- Can’t make money blogging – If you want to make money blogging from day one, sorry to say that it takes some time than you think. John Chow, a multi-million internet marketer, has said that he got his first one dollar to his account after eight months of blogging. So, if you want to expedite the time to take to make money blogging, you have to dedicate more time to blogging and gain experience by reading blogs consistently.
- Doesn’t have a Plan – To do everything you should have a plan. Without a plan, you don’t know from what point you should start and from what point you should end. If you want to survive in the blogosphere, you should start creating your own gaming plan. Others can’t take you there, can only guide you to it.
- Try to do many things at one time – Do you know a secret how pro bloggers dominate the Internet, earn millions of dollars from blogging? Because they do what they do in high quality. Do you think that they can do tens of tasks at once? No, they take some time and do it in quality. If you are planning to start more than one blog online, I recommend you to stop it NOW and create only one blog. When you grow and your blog has got success, you can create more blogs thereafter.
- Don’t know what’s happening currently in the industry – If you are using old fashioned techniques, you’ll not get the success that you’re expecting. You should be listening to the happenings in your industry. (Ex: Google’s new algorithm updates, new blogging tools, keyword research tools, new ways to grow your blog such as competitor analysis and utilizing upcoming sources to generate traffic, etc.)
- Doesn’t have the motivation – This is one of the top reasons why novice bloggers give up blogging. Read your industry leaders’ success stories and get motivated.
So now you know why many bloggers are failing from blogging. You should take the above statements seriously, and mainly focus only on your blog. Before you create a free blog on the BlogSpot platform, you must concern about a few things.
What does your blog cover?
This is a straightforward question. But, if you chose a wrong answer, you will be paid off by having a plethora of problems such as content producing, building a brand in the industry, having a big picture, and building relationships with readers.
So, you should think more than once about the topics that will be covered in your blog. For example, here at Pitiya, you can find a good amount of articles that talk about make money online, blogging, SEO, Content Marketing, Social media.
In fact, you should do more than thinking. Explore the niches that do not only have a high demand currently but also in the future as well. Enter your niche here.
How to find your blog’s field?
You already know what you’re going to post on your blog, right?
Then what to worry about! If you’re struggling to generate blog post ideas for your blog, check out this article which talks about different ways to find content ideas.
Okay, now you know many things about starting a blog and what reasons cause to fail from blogging. Let’s find out how to create a blog on Google Blogger.
How to Create A Free Blog on Blogspot.com
Here’s How to make your own blog on Google Blogger (BlogSpot).
- Sign in to your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create a free account from here.
- Now open this URL in your browser: https://www.blogger.com/go/createyourblog
- Now fill in necessary information such as Blog Title and Blog Address. Enter a short name for your address, so your readers will be easily able to type your blog address. In fact, your default blog address isn’t important, if you’re willing to use a custom domain name for your Blogger blog.
- Choose a Theme for your blog. You can change the BlogSpot template later.
- Click on the “Create Blog” Button.
That’s alright! You created your BlogSpot blog. But, there is a lot more to do.
Essential Things to do after creating a BlogSpot blog
There are a lot of things to do after creating a blogger blog. Below are a few of them. Follow them and make your website stand out from the crowd.
Remember I said that more than 5 million blogs originate monthly. Follow the below steps are you’re 75% fine.
Set Up Custom Domain Name
Why do you need to set up the custom domain name for your BlogSpot blog? Why should you not use the sub-domain name (yourblogname.blogspot.com)?
Have seen any web page from a .blogspot.com sub-domain blog rank higher for any particular high competitive keyword?
I think the chances are less that you have even clicked an article link on Google that is based on .blogspot.com domain.
I highly recommend you to set up the custom domain name on the Blogspot blog. In fact, it is one of the first things to do after starting a blog on Blogspot.
Another thing you must set up the TLD for your blog is that it gives authority in your niche, build trust, increase CTR, and can easily create brand awareness.
People will address your blog and search your blog everywhere, search engines, forums, and social media. Here’s how Google identified the ProBlogTricks as a brand.
Install a Premium Template for BlogSpot blog
Recently Blogger introduced new, responsive beautiful Blogger themes. However, if you want to make your blog stand out from other blogs out there, you should install a premium theme.
There are lots of differences between free themes and premium themes. You can find some of them over here.
Free BlogSpot templates are good and free of cost. However, premium Blogger templates are nice and have plenty of unique features such as custom social share buttons, fonts, different styles, etc.
Set Up Google Analytics for Your BlogSpot Blog
Once you set up Google Analytics, you can check what content people are reading in real-time and also check bounce rates, page loading times, average attention times which are direct search engine ranking singles.
So, you can make the necessary changes to optimize your blog for search engines.
Add your site to webmaster tools
One of the best ways, probably the best way to drive traffic to your blog is utilizing search engines.
Many blogs make money only through organic traffic. There are tons of opportunities to drive traffic to your blog.
Therefore, search engine marketing has become very competitive.
Luckily for you, I have written a complete guide on submitting your blog to search engines. However, if you’re serious at blogging and want to make your blog SEO-friendly with recommendations suggested by search engines themselves, then I highly recommend you to follow below search engine submission guides.
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console is for Google.com and Google’s other search engines. By submitting your website to Google Search Console, you can control the SERP appearance of your blog. And also find what keyword drives your blog most of the traffic and what you should do to fine-tune your website for receiving more search engine traffic.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Bing webmaster tools help you control the search appearance in Bing and Yahoo search engines.
- Baidu Webmaster Tools: Chinese largest search engine is Baidu. According to Alexa rank metrics, Baidu is one of the top 10 most popular websites in the world. So, start using Baidu Webmaster tools will give your site an edge over others who do not use it.
- Yandex webmaster tools: Yandex is a Russian-based search engine. If you want to drive more Russian spoken traffic to your blog, follow this tutorial, and submit your blog.
Not only verifying your website ownership with webmaster tools gives you the ability to decide how much traffic you’d receive organically, but also can increase the search traffic very dramatically.
Set up social media profiles/channels for your brand new blog
Not only social media sites help to drive traffic to your website but also help in increasing brand awareness and increase the search traffic indirectly.
Except for the Google search engine, Facebook and YouTube are the world’s two most popular social media websites.
Facebook is the world’s largest social community while YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine which can drive highly engaged visitors to your website.
For Pitiya, I have set up the social channels in most every popular social media sites. Below are a few of those social channels. You can use below links to create your business pages for your BlogSpot blog also.
You can use the ContentStudio app or these social media tools to automate most of the social media marketing aspects. If you use Twitter to drive traffic to your blog, don’t forget to use these best Twitter tools for account management, analytics, and promotion.
Also, you may face trouble in designing beautiful graphics for your social media accounts. Follow this guide to make attractive images for social networks.
Create special pages for your business
Creating a blog is like starting an online business. You should add important pages to your website.
- About – Explain who you’re and what’s your story.
- Contact – Show different ways to reach you out quickly and conveniently. Add a contact form, show your email address and your social media profiles.
- Terms of service – Describe terms and conditions customers should adhere to.
- Earning disclaimer – Explain how you make money through your blog. (for example, affiliations with third-party companies.)
- FAQ – Show frequently asked questions & answers.
- Help/Support – Show how to fix a problem with your services or product.
Start capturing potential readers of your blog
This is one of the most important mistakes that most bloggers do at the beginning of blogging. Honestly, I did this mistake. What is it?
Not start collecting the email addresses of readers.
Now you know it. If you don’t collect the email addresses of your readers, you will put huge money on the table. Why?
Email list owns you. But, social followers aren’t owing to you. Another thing is that Email marketing has the highest ROI (return on investment), which is 4000%.
What that tells you. Averagely from one subscriber, you can earn $40. To learn more about collecting email addresses of blog readers, read this article: Power of email marketing – why you must have an Email list
Currently, I use Gist for managing all my email marketing campaigns. It’s more than an email service provider. But, you can use a tool like Aweber to get started. They offer a free trial too so you can test the tool and see if you like it.
Start Writing High-Quality Content
Now you have a well-set-up BlogSpot blog with the basic foundation. If your blog doesn’t have any content, people won’t come to your site, right?
You can post any type of content on your blog. However, if you’re willing to drive significant targeted traffic from search engines such as Google, then you will have to adapt to a good content marketing plan. It involves:
- Generating Blog Post idea(s).
- Analyzing competition in search engine result pages (SERPs).
- Finding the like-hood of ranking your blog on top 10 results or #1 page of SERPs.
- Keyword Research using a powerful tool like Semrush.
- Structuring content writing.
- Collect information for the blog post.
- Write the blog post.
- Publish and promote the blog post.
If you followed this routine, then you’d surely be able to see the incremental growth of your overall blog traffic day by day.
Yes, there might have fluctuations. However, all in all, you’re going on the right track.
Luckily for you, I have already published a complete guide to writing a blog post that will drive targeted traffic. I strongly recommend you to check it out. It covers all the above topics, plus explains how to rank for low competition keywords step by step.
Using long-tail keywords for your blog post is the best way to go as your BlogSpot blog is fairly new.
Useful Tools for Your BlogSpot Blog
Here are a few useful tools for your BlogSpot blog. Use them wisely to increase your blog traffic and take your blog to the next level.
SEOmofo – Google SERP Snippet Optimization Tool
You can use this SEO tool to optimize the title and description of your blog and blog pages for search engine visitors. As far as CTR or Click Through Rate concerned, SEOmofo’s Google SERP optimization is a very handy tool for Blogger bloggers.
Pingler – Ping your Blog post to various websites and search engines
It will take some time to crawl a new blog by Googlebot. But you can expedite it by pinging your latest posts to search engines. Pingler allows you to ping the latest content to hundreds of search engines at one time.
ContentStudio – Manage social media profiles
One of my favorite tools and probably the best social media and content marketing toolset in my arsenal. ContentStudio has very powerful features such as the ability to discover trending posts, automating social media posting, blog post editor, and more.
I suggest to give ContentStudio a try to grow your social media and content marketing campaigns.
SEMrush Keyword difficulty tool – Find Low competitive keywords
The SEMrush keyword difficulty tool shows you how much easy to rank on top of SERPs for keywords. See below screenshot.
SEMrush – A Complete Search Engine Marketing Tool
SEMrush is one of the top SEO tools that I use on a daily basis to grow my traffic.
SEMrush is a complete search engine marketing tool for both bloggers and search engine marketers. I am using it since 2013, and I am very happy with it. Find out more.
I was able to negotiate with SEMrush to get an exclusive discount for Pitiya readers. You can create a SEMrush Free Trial Pro account for 7 days. It normally costs you $99.95. But, you can have a SEMrush PRO account for free!
Grammarly – Online Writing Aid tool
Every man isn’t perfect. Even you’re a very good writer; there are chances that your articles would have grammar errors, punctuation errors, high wordiness, and syntax errors.
Give Grammarly a try for free over here.
Ubersuggest is another free SEO tool for bloggers. What makes it special is that it provides a browser extension for Google Chrome. It shows the search volume and other details related to a search query.
So, you can find out the search volumes for long tail keywords in Google SERPs.
Baidu Ping – Ping Content to Baidu Search Engine
If you didn’t ping your recent blog posts to the Baidu search index, it would take some time for Baiduspider to crawl your website content.
So, every time you update your blog, make sure you use the Baidu Ping SEO tool to expedite the content crawling rate.
Fetch as Googlebot – Get Google Indexed Your Blog Articles Faster
Google may not crawl your blog posts right after you hit the “Publish” button. But, you shouldn’t sit and wait until Googlebot arrives at your blog and index content.
You should follow these steps to get Google indexed your web pages fast. (Generally, Google index my posts within 5 minutes)
By indexing articles quicker by Google gives you more advantages for you.
- Immediate rank on Google SERPs. Don’t have to wait for weeks or even months.
- Take advantage of special events. For example, if you wrote an article on valentine’s day, you don’t want Google to rank your site in March. Do you?
- Prevent getting punished over stolen content. Competitors or other people may copy and publish them on other blogs. If their web pages get indexed faster by Google than yours, you are in trouble.
Essential things to perform after starting a blog on BlogSpot
Now you have a good BlogSpot blog with quality content. But there are some important things to do for your Google blog. Here are a few of them.
Backup your BlogSpot blog (Not the Template)
Although your blog is on Google servers, it’s not guaranteed that your blog will never break down and lose all your posts.
So, the best thing to do on a weekly basis is backing up your BlogSpot blog. Go to Settings >> Other >> Exports >> Download blog to back up the blog.
Monitor website traffic and user activities on daily basis
Who knows when your blog hit by Google Panda, Penguin, or other Google updates? So, you have to monitor your blog traffic via Google Analytics.
Do this as at least a weekly routine. This will not only show you how much traffic your website receives but also motivate you to increase the blog traffic.
Monitor SERP performance
Use the above-mentioned webmaster tools to find the SERP positions of blog posts and the traffic driving keywords.
This will help you determine keyword positions and increase the CTR from changing the title tag.
SEMrush also provides a few great tools such as Keyword Position tracking to monitor SERP positions.
Nofollow comment links
Spammers add links in their comments. So, you have to block the passing of link juice to those web pages.
The best way to do it is by adding the Nofollow tag to links in the comments section.
Delete all spam comments
Spam comments add irrelevant keywords. They also decrease the keyword density of primary and secondary keywords.
So, the best thing to do is deleting those all spam comments. You can also restrict anonymous comments in Blogger.
Tips to Maintain Your Blog and Increase Traffic
By now, you have a very good BlogSpot blog which has the potential to get quality traffic and make money for you.
So, now you might want to maintain your blog well and increase blog traffic. Here’re some working blogging tips to take your BlogSpot blog to the next level.
Use social media to promote your blog/posts
Social media has become more powerful than any past day. It can drive viral traffic to your blog instantly if your copy is stunning and informative.
From your Facebook page to your Pinterest business page, use social media profiles wisely to build brand awareness, and increase the number of loyal readers.
If you have a budget, make use of viral giveaways to give a boost to your brand awareness and social followers, and email subscribers.
Social media not only gives you instant traffic but also boost your organic traffic indirectly. Use an online graphic making app such as Stencil, PixTeller, RelayThat, or Crello to design attractive pictures for your social media posts.
Crello is one of the my favorite graphic making tools.
Focus on building your email list rather than increasing followers on social profiles
I have explained why you should start building an email list. At the end of the day, what counts isn’t how much traffic your blog receives per month, but how much you make per month.
Email marketing is an excellent way to build new relationships with your readers and convert them into loyal subscribers and customers.
Even your blog is about dog training, start building your list from the day that you start a free blog on BlogSpot.
Now I suppose that you have created your list and want to add new subscribers to it. Here’re a few list building tips to increase the number of subscribers.
- Give a bribe to exchange the email address: Giving a bonus gift or service such as a PDF book, eBook, video course or coupon code is one of the best ways to boost the number of subscribers. You should experiment with new things to increase the leads because people have mind-blindness. So, you may use header widgets, menu bars, and footer widgets to increase the conversion rate.
- Use attractive signup forms: The very first thing before getting people signing up to your newsletter is getting their attention. I recommend using either one of these two opt-in form builders: ConvertBox or Convertful.
- Use Pop-up sign up forms: Pop-up forms is one of the effective ways to grow the email list. Don’t overuse this because it can ruin the user experience.
- Use exit pop up box: Exit popups are very effective at retaining the visitor on the web page and get their email address.
Use visual content on your blog
If you’re only posting texts on your articles, no one will read them thoroughly.
You need something that gets the attention of people in the first few seconds.
Use an attractive and relevant image on the top of the blog post (Above the fold).
Whenever a person lands on your blog post page, he or she looks at the visual content, not the texts.
There are various visual content types you can use within your blog post.
I use Crello to design attractive blog post feature images instantly. I suggest you check it out. It is very easy to design a beautiful graphic in or less than 10 minutes.
Videos: You can easily create a YouTube channel for your blog and add some relevant videos to your blog posts. Then embed them on your blog posts. It doesn’t matter if you embed others YouTube videos on your blog posts. It helps boost the average time per visit ratio of your blog posts.
Infographics: This visual content type has become very effective at getting more social shares and quality backlinks.
You can also embed other people’s infographics in your blog posts. You just need to use specific social networks such as Pinterest to find relevant infographics relevant to your topics.
SlideShare Presentations: I have used Slideshare presentations on Pitiya. It’s very effective because it retains readers more time on the page.
Another thing is that Slideshare presentations rank on Google. So, I get extra relevant traffic back to my blog posts, plus a few more relevant backlinks to deeper pages.
If you didn’t use Slideshare to drive traffic to your blog or promote your business, I recommend you to use it. Create your Slideshare account over here.
Like other methods listed above to increase the blog traffic, content repurposing is another very effective way to increase the blog traffic. When your blog has older content, you can repurpose them.
Convert blog posts into PDF format. You can do this very easily using PrintFriendly.
Then use a subscribe locker or social locker widget on your BlogSpot blog. People need to like/share or subscribe to your newsletter in order to download the PDF version of the blog post.
It will drive constant social traffic to your blog post. Take a look this example:
Use Convertful to make opt-in forms like this.
Even you can use existing blog posts as an exchange for email list building. I have used that technique in the past.
Now you can upload the PDF version of the blog post into various content syndication websites such as SlideShare, Scribd, etc.
These websites have good page ranks. So, the links within the blog posts get the link juice.
The downside of this content syndication is that there is no way to add the Nofollow tags in affiliate links in PDFs yet.
When you have a Slideshare presentation, you can record it using a screen capture software such as Nimbus Capture. After recording and making necessary enhancements, you can upload it to YouTube, Vimeo and other video sharing websites.
Create Different Types of Blog posts
To drive traffic to your BlogSpot blog, you have to test different post types. Because every post doesn’t perform well due to the post type. Meanwhile, you write evergreen content, write about trending topics in your industry.
There are a lot of post types you can use on your blog to get users’ attention. Read this post on QuickSprout to find different blog post types to use for your brand new Blogger blog.
Conclusion on Starting a Blog BlogSpot Guide
Creating a free blog on BlogSpot is not hard work. But, the hard work is maintaining your blog cleanly and gets rid of Google penalties.
In this ultimate guide, Start a Blog on BlogSpot, I explained what’s a blog, why you should have a blog, and why you should choose BlogSpot at first for your very first free blog.
Then I showed you how to make a blog on the BlogSpot.com blogging platform and other important settings for your BlogSpot blog you should implement just before and after creating your very site.
To works done easier, I cut off each section and walked you through the basics of blogging to how to grow your BlogSpot blog effectively.
You may hear that some people say that you can’t increase the traffic, make money blogging if you blog on the BlogSpot blogging platform. It is wrong. I moved to WordPress just after making a residual income flow through blogging when this blog is hosted on Google servers.
Creating a free blog on Blogger is just the first step. As you see, you can easily build a free blog in under 5 minutes.
Real challenges come after making your BlogSpot blog.
That’s why I wrote another whopping guide on SEO on BlogSpot blogs. It covers everything you need to know to optimize a Blogger blog for search engines and increase organic traffic.
I hope you’d like this guide on How to create a free blog using Blogspot.com. Please, could you do me a favor by sharing this tutorial with your blog readers and friends on social networks? I appreciate your help! 🙂
So, what are your future plans to improve your blog? Share your views in the comments section below.