How to Make Money Online with Your BlogSpot Blog From $0 to $1,000
When I started Pitiya.com on BlogSpot blogging platform back in September 2012, I never thought I could make money online with my BlogSpot blog and take the blog to the current level.
However, after surpassing many barriers and learning a lot of lessons about blogging and Internet Marketing through BlogSpot, I were finally able to make a decent income and moved to WordPress. (I chose Bluehost as my first web-hosting)
I spent almost three remarkable years on BlogSpot. Those days were delightful — a lot of learned and was able to understand how to make money online with ZERO dollars in pocket.
Now, today, I will share with you how to make money through blogging with your BlogSpot blog.
I am going to share everything I learned about each money making scheme. So, keep reading this article from the first word to the last word. I am pretty sure that you will learn a lot of things.
One More Word From Me
If you enjoyed reading the article, please take a few seconds to share this article with your friends. It will help me and them a lot.
What You Will Learn:
- 19 different ways to make money blogging with your BlogSpot blog.
- 2Unique identifications, advantages, and disadvantages of each method.
- 3Tips to earn more money with blogging.
- 4Tools, software, and services I use for some money making methods.
Ways to Make Money Blogging on BlogSpot
Adsense is Google’s advertising placement program for website owners. It is the most popular CPC and CPM-based advertising network in the world.
In fact, top websites and blogs such as CNN, Forbes, WikiHow, Huffington Post and Time magazine monetize their sites with Google Adsense.
Publishers can monetize their sites through a few distinct ways. They are,
And advertisers can target people in a few different ways. A few targeting options are;
These above targeting options are as important as for you too. Because,
You will make less money with Google Adsense. (I will talk about how to increase your AdSense earnings later at this section)
How it works...
Making money with Google Adsense is very simple.
- 1You signup on Google Adsense.
- 2A member from Google Adsense will review your website.
- 3Decide whether your website adheres to webmaster guidelines and Google Adsense policy.
- 4Your site is approved to Google Adsense.
- 5You make an ad on Google Adsense dashboard. (on different dimensions)
- 6You place advertorial on your BlogSpot blog. (In most occasions, sidebar, within content and enable Google ads on Google search box)
- 7You make money from each Click and impression.
The process looks like easy to make money blogging with Google Adsense. However, many bloggers fail to make enough money and even some couldn’t get into Google Adsense.
Key Factors to Make More Money with Google Adsense on Your Blog
Your Adsense earnings solely depend upon a few key factors.
- 1Your Traffic Quality: When advertisers optimize their Adwords campaigns, if they find they get a high ROI from traffic coming from ads placed on your blog, they will whitelist your domain and bid higher for your site. So, your ads will own higher CPCs and so you will earn more money with Google Adsense ads.
- 2Keyword Competition: You will find terms such as “Low”, “Medium” and “High” in Google Keyword Planner. They are meant for AdWords advertisers. When a specific keyword converts better and advertisers make a profit, they spend more money to increase the rankings of ads. So, it starts a bidding war. More it continues, more money you will make, more money Google will make until advertisers stopped the bidding war.
These are the top key factors that matter to your AdSense earnings. As you see, many of above points are variables which you can change.
Posting quality articles will attract quality traffic.
Quality posts with in-depth content will rank for more long-tail keywords with buyer intent.
First, you need to focus on maintaining an authoritative blog. So, you will make money from Google Adsense effortlessly.
FAQ about Making Money with Google Adsense
Click the term to reveal its definition...
What are the meanings of CPM, Impression?
- CPM: Cost Per Mile. Cost for 1,000 impressions.
- Impression: The view of an element on a screen.
How to find high CPC keywords for your blog?
A good keyword research strategy will help you find high CPC keywords to increase Adsense earnings.
My personal and recommended tools for bloggers to keyword research:
- SEMrush: The all-in-one SEO tool for every marketer. Read my SEMrush
review to learn more about this search engine marketing tool.
- LongTailPro: If you have a niche blog, then you should already have this tool in your arsenal. If not, grab this tool find high CPC keyword phrases. You can easily find $100+ CPC keywords with low competition.
Exclusive Offer for Pitiya Readers!
Now you can open a free SEMrush Trial account (PRO) for 14 days. It normally cost you $99.95/mo. However, I was able to negotiate with SEMrush to give you a chance to open SEMrush PRO account.
What is "Retargeting"?
Retargeting is a customer targeting method. It is generally used for targeting people who have abandoned the cart.
What is a “Bidding War” in PPC advertising?
In PPC advertising, advertisers bid based on keywords. They use tracking tools and software (ex: ClickMeter) to track everything.
If advertisers found certain keywords have a higher ROI, then they increase the CPC bid to get more volume.
It may the beginning of a "Bidding War", when a few more advertisers starts increasing the CPC bid.
How do I increase traffic to my BlogSpot blog?
There are a few ways to increase traffic to your blog. Here are a few.
- Organic Traffic: Also known as search traffic. Most blog sites receive majority of traffic through search engines like Google.
- Social Traffic: If used right, the social media marketing can lift your blog's traffic by a high margin. Social networks such as Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ receive billions of unique visitors in each month. You can start by creating pages for your blog and sharing valuable content while sharing your latest posts not only to drive traffic to blog, but also improve brand awareness.
- Q&A Sites: Quora is currently the most popular Question and Answer website out there. Be active on Quora, provide helpful answer to build your following and increase professionalism. Once you find a question related to your niche, link to your blog posts to drive referral traffic.
- Forums: People still use forums to get answers for their issues. Be an active member of related forums and develop your identity. Provide answers when it make sense. And link to your blog article(s) when it is necessary. Don't spam on forums. Else you will be banned without giving excuses.
- Niche Communities: There are several communities for certain niches such as SEO, Health, Education, Relationship. These sites allows you to submit links to your blog articles. Make use of those communities to drive traffic to your BlogSpot blog.
Quality traffic will certainly help increase your Adsense earnings. Organic traffic is the #1 traffic source for most websites. So, I recommend to optimize your Blogger blog for search engines.
I suggest you to check this article to learn how to write a blog post that search engines and people desire.
One of the oldest and high profitable online money making schemes is affiliate marketing. Some online marketers break even 7 figures per year just through modeling affiliate marketing.
How it works...
Affiliate Marketing structure is very simple and ANYBODY can become an affiliate!
- 1You partner or also known as become an affiliate with one company or product or service.
- 2You refer people to product/service’s landing page.
- 3People converts into conversions.
- 4You make money. Usually, a commission based on the product’s or service’s price.
The vast majority of companies utilize “affiliate leverage” as a medium to generate more sales.
In fact, it is a win-win and wins situation for all three parts.
- 1Product or service owner gets more sales. So, increases revenue. No need to spend a dime on marketing.
- 2Affiliates make more money. Some affiliate programs offer recurring commissions too. So, affiliates make money as long as the customer pays.
- 3Customers solve their problem. And in some cases, they get discounts, so save a few dollars while getting a solution for their issues.
DO YOU KNOW?
Customer acquisition part of some companies are 100% depending upon affiliates!
Benefits of Affiliate Marketing
As the affiliate, you receive a lot of advantages by promoting a certain product or service. Here are some of them,
As you see, affiliate marketing is awesome. Some big marketers also known as “Super Affiliates” make 6-7 figure income per month just promoting affiliate products.
As every money making methods, in affiliate marketing, you can see a few types. They are;
- CPA: You get paid once a person converts into a subscriber or a lead.
- CPS: You get paid once a person becomes a customer or bought something.
- CPI: You get paid once a person installed an App or software on their devices.
Here’s the catch.
Even though affiliate marketing is a highly lucrative online money making method, getting started on it is not so easy as it looks.
In general speaking, You should understand the difficulty of each affiliate marketing model.
Getting someone to enter his email address or phone number is easier than getting his credit card and pay for a product.
That’s why promoting a simple CPA offer is easier when you get started making money on BlogSpot blog through affiliate marketing.
Finding affiliate programs is easy. But, maintaining each account, tracking conversions, and auditing commissions are not easy in the long run.
That’s why since a decade ago, a few affiliate networks started to fill this gap between advertisers (product owners) and affiliates (bloggers, YouTubers, and email marketers).
Top Affiliate Networks for Bloggers
As a small businessman, you should choose an affiliate network carefully. Because promoting a product from a bad affiliate network can,
That’s why you should select one of these top affiliate networks. They are reliable and newbie-friendly.
Recommended Affiliate Programs for Bloggers
When your blog started getting exposure from search engines, social media, and forums, you will be received a few requests from companies and product owners to write reviews about their products and services.
Paid reviews is a good method to earn quick cash from your blog.
How it works...
- 1You negotiated a price with the advertiser.
- 2You get paid.
- 3You write the article and publish in your site.
- 4You notify the advertiser.
Always remember to,
Some advertisers will reach you like listing their product on your blog. But, they actually reach to get a text link from your blog. Be aware of those people and have strict terms.
Think about the long run. Not a few bucks here and there.
Direct Banner Advertising
Another profitable money making scheme. Advertisers and online marketers buy direct banner ads on large scale.
It is one stage of their scaling. So, you should be aware of what’s going on.
How it works...
- 1You send your media kit to your advertiser. Also, you may have to grant the access to your tracking system. For example, you will have to make the advertiser a moderator (not an administrator) on Google Analytics.
- 2Advertiser analyzes your blog and traffic stats.
- 3You and advertiser negotiate the price, ad type, placement, and size.
- 4Advertiser sends you creatives.
- 5Advertiser sends you payment.
- 6Set a time frame. In most cases, a month.
- 7Display the advertisement till the end.
Most direct media buyers prefer 350*250 (large rectangle) and 728*90 (leaderboard) ad types and show the banner ad on above the fold.
Tips to make money with direct banner advertising for bloggers
Partner with Media Buying Networks
Another popular method among BlogSpot bloggers to make money online is partnering with media buying networks.
You would have seen some websites (including Blogger blogs) make 4-5 figure income per month simply by selling ad spaces on their blogs with the help of a middleman.
This middle man is the media buying network.
How it works...
- 1You register on a media buying network.
- 2List your BlogSpot blog.Add the description, provide traffic information and provide the URL to blog.
- 3Set pricing model, the rotating number of ads, accepting banner ad types, sizes etc.
- 5Media buyers find your site on the media buying network. (or from the ad spaces on your site.)
- 6Media buyer buys ad space(s).
- 7Media buyer uploads creatives and the tracking link to the landing pages.
- 8You accept or reject the offer.
- 9If you accepted the offer, media buying network will show up the ad immediately.
- 10Media buying network will cut off their portion and you will own another portion. (ex: 20/80, 25/75, 30/70)
- 11You make money according to the conditions.
In media buying, there are essentially two pricing models.
- 1CPM: Advertiser pays for every 1,000 impressions.
- 2Fixed: Advertiser pays for a specific period. For example, 30 days.
Key Factors to Earn More Money Blogging with Media Buying Networks
The key factors to make money with media buying networks for bloggers.
Top Media Buying Networks for Bloggers
The key to making money with media buying networks is through having a lot of page views. Offer discounts and bonus for your retaining customers. So, you could make more money fo a long time and also increase CPM rates.
Become a Publisher of Native Ad Networks
Native ad networks arose a few years ago. Unlike Adsense, most Native ad networks are affiliate friendly. So, many advertisers spend 3-4 figures per day on native ad networks. So, there are huge opportunities for you as a blogger to make steady through Native Ad networks.
Look at these images.
Now you see how native ads look like.
They are placed on your site as internal links.
People don’t see them as Advertisements.
Therefore, Native ads get higher CTR.
So, ultimately you make more money.
How it works...
- 1You sign up with a Native Advertising network
- 3Native advertising networks show ads according to content your site.
- 4People click on the ads.
- 5Advertising network cut off their portion.You get paid the other portion.
Top Native Advertising Networks to Make money for Bloggers
Like media buying, to make a significant income through native advertising, your blog should receive a significant amount traffic.
Providing services such as coaching are absolutely a perfect way to get into Internet marketing. In fact, if you provide such services, you are a few steps ahead than other bloggers.
Yes, getting customers for your services are harder. But, the experience you collect on the way and the outcomes of being a service provider is immense.
How it works...
- 1You select one aspect you are very knowledgeable and experienced.
- 2Find opportunities in the market. My suggestion is looking in forums to understand problems your potential customers are facing.
- 3Plan your service. Is it a coaching service? Or a one-time service?
- 4Design landing page.
- 5Promote your service on the blog.
You can use forum marketing and write more tutorials related to your coaching on your BlogSpot blog to get more attention and customers.
Providing services seems like difficult to earn money online. However, if you find right angles and use your marketing abilities, it would be easier to get more clients.
Sell Your Own Products
To promote your own products, you must not have to buy expensive tools. If you’re on a small budget, you can use your BlogSpot blog to host selling pages.
How it works...
- 1You create your digital product.
- 2Hire a designer to design your product selling page. Or buy an HTML template from Themeforest.
- 3Upload your selling page to your BlogSpot blog.
- 4Drive traffic. Make money.
If you want to sell an eBook or something like that use Gumroad. They are cost effective and you don’t even have to worry about the payment processing side.
Build Your Email List
List building is a perfect way to build an audience that listens to you. So, no matter you are using BlogSpot, you can reach them out and build a business anytime.
I procrastinated list building when I was first starting my blogging career. However, I finally understood that I must begin to build an audience because 90+% of visitors won’t ever come to my site.
The best way to building an audience is through email marketing.
How it works...
- 1You register with an email marketing service such as GetResponse. They offer a free 30 day trial for beginners. So, create your free GetResponse account to get started on email marketing. (Read the ultimate GetResponse review to know more about GetResponse ESP and its benefits etc.)
- 2You create a campaign for your blog.
- 3You set up the autoresponder for your campaign. So, you can send emails automatically on every week or so to build the relationship with your readers.
- 4You collect people’s email addresses and names to get them on your list.
- 5After a few informative emails, you send an offer as a treatment for an issue.
- 6People purchase offers.You make money.
Even your Blogger blog is a barely new, I still recommend you to start building your email list. It will certainly help in future.
BlogSpot is a good blogging platform for people who want to make money online without a huge investment.
You can certainly make money from your BlogSpot blog. If someone says you can’t make money blogging with Blogger, it means either he failed in making money online with Blogger, or he tries to sell another money-making product for you.
Don’t listen to those and start building your blog. Put your every possible effort to grow the blog. If you are struggling to optimize your blog for search engines, I strongly recommend you to read my complete guide to BlogSpot SEO.
If you are getting started, you can try Google Adsense. However, my recommendation is Affiliate Marketing.
Once you are making a nice income every month, you can migrate your blog from BlogSpot to WordPress.
Be patience. Work hard.
One day your hard works will pay off certainly.
I could bet on that.
So, what is your favorite blog monetization method? Mine was direct banner advertising and affiliate marketing. So, what are yours?