In this new Replug review, you will find out everything you need to know about Replug URL & link shortener. (and how it can help grow your business)
If you do not track everything that matters to your business, you won’t be able to compete with your competitors successfully.
Link Tracking is undeniably a smart marketing tactic that you should implement in your business to not only optimize your campaigns but also to gather important data that matters to your business’s livelihood.
Replug is an excellent URL shortening and link tracking tool. You are going to find out everything about it in this complete review on Replug URL shortener.
All You Need to Know about Replug Link Shortener
What is Replug?
Replug is a custom link shortener service that offers many features to supercharge your marketing campaigns.
Here are several things you can accomplish with Replug.
- Create Branded Shortened Links With Your Custom Domain
- Retarget Anyone Who Clicks On Your Links
- Add Call-To-Actions To Every Link You Share
- Create Beautiful Bio Landing Pages
- Measure Performance Of Any Link With Detailed Analytics
- Generate and manage QR codes
- Embed custom widgets on short links
Watch this short Youtube video to learn what Replug is.
How to use Replug
It is very easy to use Replug. Like other custom URL shortening services, you have to create an account first.
Sign up on Replug
First of all, Create your free Replug account over here.
Next, click on your profile icon and go to the “Custom Domains” section.
Add custom domain
Since Replug allows you to use a custom brand name, you can use custom branded links. For example, here’s a custom branded shortened link: https://link.upcontests.com/semrush (this link redirects to the SEMRUSH homepage)
Click on the “Add domain” button.
Now you will see a popup window that has three fields. (See the screenshot below for reference)
- Domain URL — Your branded domain URL that you’d want to use.
- Custom 404 redirection — Enter an URL that will show up when a user visits an incorrect link. For a live example, visit this link: https://link.upcontests.com/404page
- Branded domain — Enter an URL that will show up when a visitor enters the root domain name. For a live example, visit this link: https://link.upcontests.com
Once done, enable the HTTPS connection by installing an SSL certificate. You can do that by simply enabling the HTTPS option.
Add retargeting pixels
One cornerstone feature of Replug is the ability to embed retargeting pixels on shortened links. So, Replug will automatically fire Facebook pixels, etc., on CNN, BBC, New York Times articles you share.
Go to the “Retargeting Pixels” and click on the “Add Pixel” button.
You will be shown a popup window that contains fields to select the network and add pixel ids. Replug will automatically insert relevant retargeting pixel codes so you have to add the pixel IDs only.
Here are the supported networks.
- Facebook — Create a custom audience and a lookalike audience
- Google Ads — Retarget people who click on your links on Google search and display network and partner sites
- Twitter — Make a retarget list on Twitter ads and promote relevant tweets
- Custom retargeting pixel — If you want to fire a custom retargeting pixel code from another paid advertising network such as ProperllerAds, ZeroPark, VK ads, and TikTok ads, etc., you can do very easily.
Add 3rd party, custom widgets
One key feature that Replug offers that many don’t have is the ability to embed custom widgets on shortned links.
Note: You will only be able to display 3rd party apps on masked links not redirect links. (I will show examples on both later of this Replug review)
Here are a few 3rd party apps you can embed on Replug short links.
- Opt-in forms — Tools like Convertful, ConvertBox, OptinMonster, Sumo, Popin, Notifia
- Quizzes and forms — Typeform, Aidaform, SurveyMonkey, Outgrow, BrandQuiz
- Chat widgets — Interform, Gist, Drift, LiveAgent
- Video embeds — YouTube, Video, Wistia
- Any other app that you normally use
Click on the “Custom Widgets” menu item and click on the “Add Custom Widget Code” button.
Note: You can place CSS codes in the HTML field.
I have already installed the Convertful script on Replug so that I can create beautiful widgets on Convertful and do A/B testing, analyze performance, etc.
The next step is adding a UTM preset so that you easily attach them on Replug links later without adding manually.
By using UTM parameters attached to your links, you can easily track campaign performance and also find out how much traffic your site received from different social media channels in Google Analytics.
The next step is creating a new Brand on Replug. A Brand in Replug is a unique identity for business such as website name, social profiles, etc.,
For example, I have made two brands for Pitiya and UpContests sites.
Hover over the “Manage” tab in the top horizontal menu and click on the “Brands.”
Click on the “New Brand” button. Enter the details such as brand name (i.e: company, product, project, or personal name) and the URL (i.e: website, personal portfolio, or social profile web address)
Once the Brand is completed, the next step is creating a campaign in Replug.
A campaign in Replug is a structure of widgets, retargeting pixels etc., that is based on your primary goal.
You can accomplish two main goals:
- Collect leads through links you share
- Display a CTA button on Replug links and drive traffic to your link
One specialty of Replug over most other link shorteners is that you can display various widgets such as popups in other people’s content.
Call To Action campaign
A CTA campaign in Replug allows you to display CTA widgets and display a CTA button or link.
Watch the video below to learn how to create a CTA campaign in Replug.
Lead generation campaign
A Lead generation campaign in Replug gives you an opportunity to display Opt-in form on other people’s web pages.
Watch the video below to learn how to create a opt-in campaign in Replug.
Custom widgets campaign
The other option of the Replug campaign setup is the ability to embed 3rd party widgets on shortened links. However, the websites that you shorten links should support embedding the iframe HTML feature.
Create Replug Links
Once a campaign is created, you can start creating short links in Replug with your own branding.
It is very easy to create a Replug link.
How to create a shortened link in Replug
Follow the steps below to make a shortened link.
- Click the ‘New Link’ under the Replug Links section.
A Replug Link is a shortened and customizable link that you can create against any URL you visit.
- Create your Replug link
Now enter the details to make your Replug shortened link.
1. Select the branded campaign
2. URL — Enter the destination web page that you want to shorten
3. Add UTM — Select the UTM tracking preset you created earlier (or add a new preset)
4. Add tags — Tags make it easier to organize Replug links later. So, I recommend adding at least one tag.
5. Add note — Add a description of what your link is about
- Customize your Replug link
The next step is customizing the settings of your Replug link. There are several options.
1. Add a password — Make your link password protected. Replug allows you to create password-protected custom links.
2. Set up the link expiry — You can set up the link expiry date and time so that it will be disabled automatically after the time passed.
3. Customize link preview — Edit the appearance of your link in search engines. Replugs allow you to set SEO settings for the links your share online. It’s a pretty neat option if you asked me.
4. Customize favicon — Place your own favicon image in links. Favicon is an image that shows up in the browser tab. Create your Favicon over here.
Also, you would see the preview of the web page in the background. Once the Replug link is created, click on the “Save Link” button.
- Edit Replug link slug
Replug will generate a random slug for your link. You can customize the link slug and make it your own.
- Share your link
The last step is sharing your Replug link. There are two ways.
1. Using the Replug shortened URL — Share it anywhere including social media, text your friends, hyperlink on email messages, use on Medium blog links so on.
2. Download QR code — Replug automatically generates the QR code for your shortened URL.
You can check out the Replug link created in this review of Replug here: https://link.upcontests.com/convertful-demo
Now you know how to use Replug to create a link from scratch. But, that’s not what Replug only offers! There are more features. 🙂
I will share one of most exciting features in this Replug review: Bio landing pages
Another use case of Replug in your business is creating beautiful bio landing pages.
You might have seen many celebrities, influencers, and companies have bio links on Instagram, TikTok, and other social networks.
Build a bio landing page
Watch the video tutorial below to see how I make a bio landing page within five minutes.
See the Bio Landing page made with Replug here: https://link.upcontests.com/ucbiolink
Well, that is how to use the basic Replug feature. But, Replug has more features to help your business grow by managing links.
I will discuss a few of them in this Replug review.
I have been using the Replug link shortener since 2017. Before that, I used other Replug competitors such as PixelMe. But, once I started using Replug for some time, I migrated more than 90% of my shortened links to the Replug platform.
Because Replug had some features that no other custom URL shortener offered and there was an irresistible offer (Lifetime deal) and pricing was great for me.
I will share some of essential features in this Replug review.
Are you looking for a way to create branded shortened link for blog permalinks?
Replug Chrome Extension
Replug’s Chrome extension does not only makes it so much easier to create short links, but also save a lot of time.
Download the Google Chrome extension over here and log in to your Replug account by providing login credentials. Once done, you have the full power of using Replug!
Batch URL shortening
You might want to shorten hundreds or even thousands of links at once. Not most URL shorteners have the “Batch URL shortening.” But, Replug does.
You can import links with two ways.
- Import via CSV
- Copy and paste URLs to shorten
Replug shines above the rest of link shorteners when it comes to link analytics as well.
In the overall statistics section, there are several link reportings.
- Click performance
- Conversions performance
- Visitors by browsers
- Visitors by operating systems
- Visitors by country
- Visitors by source/referrer
Link tracking analytics
Replug have the feature to analyze the performance of individual links.
Replug enables to receive link performance updates daily, weekly or the 1st day of the month via emails.
Also, you can send link reports up to 25 recipients at once. Very useful option to send reports to all stackholders automatically.
Another very fascinating feature I want to emphasize in this Replug review is the QR generator for links.
QR codes gained popularity as a scannable marketing source. Generate a smart QR code with every branded short link you create with Replug.
Download the code and use it in your visiting cards, flyers, or discount code as a marketing opportunity to cement brand authority.
Here are several ways to use URL QR codes in your business.
- Direct customers to a landing page/website
- Dial your business number
- Download apps
- View business location
- Direct customers to social media pages
- Shopping and E-commerce — Offer discounts, premium offers, etc.
Markets such as China adapted the QR code method very quickly and have got very astonishing results such as quicker payments via WeChat, AliPay, etc.
Temporary shortened links
Another very useful feature I want to show in this Replug review is the ability to create temporary links by defining the expiry date and time for links.
More Replug features
Here are more features of Replug worth noting.
- Archive links
- Export shortened links
- Disable and enable links
- Password-protected links
- Free SSL Certificate
- Append original link to the URL of the shortened Replug link.
- Disable Replug branding
- Add team members
Why should you be using Replug for your link management and marketing?
I showed how to use Replug and some of the best features in the review on Replug.
But, if you are still wondering why you should use Replug for your link management and marketing, here are eight reasons.
There are already awesome pieces of content for almost every topic you can think of in the Internet. So, why wouldn’t you use them to build your audience and improve the content diversification across all your social media channels?
Sharing other people’s high-quality, trending content will not only makes your posts go viral and build your follower base, but also get the authors of the shared content attention.
ContentStudio, the other partner company of Replug also makes content curation easier with Replug.
What’s more remarkable is you can display Replug CTA widgets on the article pages you share!
Retarget People Visiting Your Shared Links
Build a laser targeted retarget list on your favorite paid advertising networks and take your ad campaigns to the next level.
Since, Replug supports firing custom retargeting pixels for any ads network, you will not face any limitation unlike other link shortening services.
Drive New Traffic To Your Website
Display enticing popups and encourage people who read other people’s content to visit your website.
Collect Leads And Grow Your Email List
Install a 3rd party email list building tool like Convertful to show beautiful lead generation forms and build your list faster.
Also, you can use the Replug list building tools and the themes they offer along with integrations in case you do not wish to use a 3rd party email list building tool.
Create custom branded shortened links
Add your custom domain in Replug to put your brand identity at the forefront of the short links you create.
- https://link.upcontests.com/crello — Shortened affiliate link for Crello
- https://link.upcontests.com/onlinespellcheck — Shortened mask link for Online-SpellCheck.com website.
Brand the content you share to build trust with your audience. This significantly increases the chances of them clicking your links.
Here are several more uses of using branded shortened links in your marketing.
- Build brand authority and continue the professionalism in your business
- Shield your site against social media bans — Some shortened link services such as Bit.ly are blocked by social media networks such as Facebook due to the spam by other users. However, when you use a custom domain in your shortened URLs, you will bypass those bans.
- Convert ugly affiliate links into clean short URLs
Amplify Your SMS Marketing
SMS marketing is booming for some time now all over the world. It’s essential to have a URL shortener to convert ugly naked URLs to beautifully branded custom links.
Replug makes it so easier to do it by letting you create unlimited shortened links, edit slugs (to make them shorter as possible because only 160 characters are allowed per message), making links temporary (best for special promotional SMS messages), and tracking link performance through UTM parameters.
QR Codes In Your Marketing
Now, marketing has been pivoting towards mobile, particularly portable devices. QR codes are one of the best and the most popular ways to market your business.
Replug generates a QR (Quick Response) code for EVERY shortened URL!
Here’s the QR code image for the for the Grammarly.
Track And Optimize Your Marketing Links
Replug’s advanced link tracking features makes optimizing marketing links easier than ever.
- Track link performance through conversion rates across links you shared
- Monitor link performance metrics such as the number of unique clicks, total clicks, conversions in blogging networks such as Medium and Tumblr, and other website builders such as Wix, Brizy, and Clickfunnels.
- Use Replug link shortener as a YouTube link tracker. Use Replug links on videos and/or description and track performance.
Replug has three paid plans. They are:
- Growth — $19 per month: 5,000 clicks per month
- Professional — $49 per month: 50,000 clicks per month
- Agency — $79 per month: 200,000 clicks per month
Which plan is best for you?
Among the three paid plans for Replug, the Growth plan is the best choice if you are getting started. But, the downside is you cannot use a custom domain and remove the Replug attribution in CTA widgets.
If you are a small business owner and want to supercharge your link management, I recommend the Professional plan.
Replug Professional plan includes following:
- 50,000 clicks per month
- Five brands
- Unlimited campaigns, retargeting pixels, and links
- 5 custom domains
- Remove Replug branding
- 3 Team members/clients
But, the downside of the Professional plan is it does not include the Bio Links feature. Unless you use social media marketing as a primary channel (i.e: driving traffic through Instagram bio link purely), you do not have to worry about not having access to the “Bio Links” feature.
But, personally, I think the Bio Links should be included in the Replug Pro (Professional) plan.
If you want the full power of Replug, the Agency plan is for you.
It includes following extra:
- An additional number of Brands, team members, custom domains
- Bio Links
- White Label Dashboard
Features like API and particularly White Label dashboard would be very helpful for digital marketing agencies. But, if you are a solopreneur, you do not need those.
Features like Geo-targeting, Deep Linking is on Replug’s roadmap. But, I am not sure when those will arrive. Once they go live, I will update the Replug review.
Replug Free Trial
All Replug plans include free trials. So, you can get started for free today and test the Replug link shortener.
Review of Replug Pros and Cons
In the Replug review, I shared how to use Replug, features, why you should use Replug URL shortener, and pricing plans.
I have been using the Replug Agency for some years now. Here are the pros and cons of Replug.
- User Interface is better compared with other link shorteners
- Little to no server downtimes
- Google Chrome Extension
- Bulk link import and export
- RSS to link shortening automation
- Automated link reporting via email
- Custom widget embedding via 3rd party tools
- Advanced analytics
- Link masking
- QR code generator
- No link rotating features
- Cannot restrict link access based on the Geo-location
- A/B testing Replug CTAs
Is Replug Worth it?
If you want to accomplish any of these things below, you should consider giving Replug a try.
- Create branded shortened URLs and track your marketing performance
- Retarget people who click your links
- Track link click performance of your articles on Medium, Tumblr, Squarespace, WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or even social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Build beautiful, professional bio landing pages
- Supercharge your ContentStudio marketing campaigns
- Test a replacement for Bit.ly, Tinyurl.com, etc.,
- Track marketing campaigns on mediums such as push notifications, email marketing, Youtube marketing, and SMS marketing.
- Generate trackable QR codes and track performance on offline marketing campaigns
One reason I started moving all of my Bit.ly and other shrunk links to REPLUG was that I wanted to manage all of my links in one place.
I blog on WordPress, Medium, and vlog on YouTube, and run various marketing campaigns such as viral giveaways. So, I wanted to have a non-complicated and non-tedious method to manage all my links. Replug was an excellent option three years ago and it still is.
If you are in a situation like me, Replug is worth your investment. Give it a try and experience yourself if it is suitable for your needs.
Replug Review Conclusion
In past, only big brands such as CNN, Techcrunch, Mashable, and Huff Post had the ability to have a system set up that can manage all custom branded links at one place.
But, thanks to link shortening tools, you too can have a custom link tracker setup for your business.
And furthermore, if you sell digital marketing services to other people, you can offer link tracking management as a service as well.
Thanks to Replug, you can not only shorten a long URL into a branded tiny URL but also do much more.
I shared everything you needed to know in this Replug review.
I recommend giving a Replug try today to see how it can improve your business.
So, what are your Replug reviews? Share them in the below.
Replug$19 per month
Link management features4.7/5
Analytics and reporting4.3/5
UI and Ease of Use4.5/5
Pricing & features3.8/5
- QR code generator
- Link customization options
- Bio landing pages
- Browser extension
- CTA widgets
- No GEO-targeting options
- No A/B testing feature
- No link rotating features