This is a complete guide on how to sell solo ads online and make money for beginners.
One of the best ways to make a passive income online is by selling solo ads. Here is why:
In this beginners guide, you will learn:
How to Sell Solo ads
What You NEED to Start a Solo ads Business
Like starting any business venture either online or offline, you need one thing. That is pretty common.
Yes, you need money. But, not hundreds of thousands. But a few hundreds of dollars would be enough.
Like you need to have web hosting to start a blog, to start selling solo ads online and make passive income, you need to have access to some very important tools and software.
Email marketing software
Build your list, store contact data, segment subscribers based on behavior, interests and send drip campaigns, newsletters and email broadcasts
Solo ads is mainly about email traffic. To generate email clicks, you need to have a robust email marketing software that has this set of basic, minimum features.
- 1High inbox rate: No matter how cheap an email marketing service is, if it cannot send emails to people's inboxes, it doesn't matter.
- 2Reliability: Believe it or not, most email popular email marketing services do not welcome solo ads providers! Yes, due to the business nature and activities behind some solo ads sellers, many email marketing services have taken strict measures to keep solo ads sellers from using their services. Hence, choosing one that supports solo ads business first is not only very important but also fundamental because if you lose your list, you lose your business. The worst thing that could happen to a solo ads businessman is awaking morning and finding out the email marketing account is removed from the database!
- 3Segmentation: This is 21st century. If you do not segment (e.g: target people based on their unique behaviors, interests etc.), your business won't yield a good ROI as you might expect.
- 4Limitless email sending capabilities: When you start selling solo ads traffic, you are going send LOTS of email messages. If any email service has a limit on the number of emails can be sent out, you need to worry. Because, those sort of limits certainly limit the growth of business.
There are more things to concern when selecting a good email marketing software such as contacts export features (You should back up your email list at least once a week), integrations with other tools (to seamless and deep data synchronization with other tools), personalization features, tagging, analytics and lead scoring. But, basic concerns I have mentioned above is critical.
Considering all of factors, Aweber is the best one for solo ads business, especially if you do not want to hassle with software-based email marketing services.
If you are looking for a hosted-solution for email marketing, I recommend Mautic. It is powerful, feature-rich, affordable toolkit with useful features such as visitor tracking. Most define it as the hosted version of Active Campaign which is another email marketing tool that doesn't welcome solo ads sellers.
Track link clicks, split traffic based on amount of email clicks ordered, redirect visitors based on specifications such as mobile-only, desktop-only, USA visitors so on and send final solo ads clicks report to customers.
Although there are over hundreds of email marketing tools, you cannot find many tracking and analytics software especially ones that have suitable features for solo ads niche.
A good tracking and analytics software should have these essential features for solo ads:
Considering the set of feature needed for a solo ads seller, there is one tool that is capable of all of above which is CLICKMAGICK.
ClickMagick is an awesome and pretty powerful, yet simple to use analytics and tracking software specially cooked for solo ads vendors.
Some of ClickMagick's key features are:
Watch this YouTube video to learn how to track solo ad traffic with ClickMagick.
Deliver bonuses, set an affiliate program to grow your business, Joint-venture program, more payment options for buyers
This step is not mandatory, but if you want to collaborate with other sellers, have multiple payment options for clients, have bump offers and different solo ads packages on the checkout page, you have to consider a good checkout software.
One of the best, if not THE best online cart software is THRIVECART.
ThriveCart is an amazing cloud-based cart software with tons of features.
Landing Page Builder
Build landing pages to showcase customer testimonials, custom checkout pages with personalized offers, pricing pages, bonus pages, contact pages and more.
Every professional solo ads seller build trust with testimonials and having a web real-estate, also known as website of own.
If you do not have a website dedicated to your solo ads business these days, you are far behind others because others have the edge over you by having the ability to convince and convert ones who are fence of buying from you.
Solo ads reviews from big marketers will boost the likelihood of converting prospects into buyers, especially ones who are uncertain about your business.
There are hundreds of online landing page builders out there. Some such as Clickfunnels have very robust features and large customer base. But, the issue is tools such as Clickfunnels are expensive especially for beginners who want to become a solo ads seller.
One of best landing page builders and best alternatives to Clickfunnels landing page builder is Brizy Cloud!
Brizy Cloud is my go-to landing page building software for different projects. And the best part is you can get most features for a very cheap price.
Other tools that will be useful when selling solo ads.
- PayPal Business account
- Google Docs (to cases such as having copies of email swipes of solo ads customers)
- DropBox or other file sharing platform
- Facebook account if you do not have already
- Skype account (to support customer questions directly)
- Gist — Install live chat widget on your site. Read my definitive Gist guide here.
Let's Make Money with Solo Ads
First of all, you will have to build your email list. But, there is ONE thing you need to consider before building an email list.
Identify your niche
It doesn't matter on what niche you want to build an email list, but if none of buyers are willing to purchase solo ads from you, your solo ads business won't grow.
Here are top niches for solo ads.
- 1Business opportunities
- 2Network marketing
- 4Make money online opportunities
Almost 80% or more of demand and supply is circled within the "Wealth" category that contains top four niches above. The broader the niche is, a larger audience (i.e: email subscribers) you can build up and serve more clients eventually.
In general, the "Make money online" and "Business opportunities" are two most popular niches among solo ads sellers and buyer alike.
- 1Easy to build an audience
- 2Lots of traffic available. People are looking for part-time opportunities to make quick extra cash online. Thus, it's a scaling, ever-growing niche.
- 3Evergreen niche. As long as money is involved in people's lives, demand will be there!
- 4Lots of ways to make money with this traffic. There are thousands of affiliate offers and product launches happening literally on every week on platforms like ClickBank, JvZoo and WarriorPlus. And some hold independent product launches by using ThriveCart, PayKickStart and SamCart. So, more opportunities mean more ways to earn money online without solo ads!
- 5People spend money to know how to make money. Ironic, isn't it? Yes, but, it's the reality. And it's good for solo ads business. Supply goes where the money rolls!
It's also important to have some expertise and knowledge on the niche that you are intending to build the list. Because at the end of the day, 7 out of 10 times, you are going to write emails!
Build solo ads email list
You should have three things to start building email list for solo ads.
- 1Squeeze page (also known as lead capture page)
- 2A List or set of tags to identify email subscribers built for solo ads
- 3Targeted traffic
Solo ads squeeze page
A Squeeze page or a lead capture page is a landing page with the primary and sole intention of generating leads.
The ONLY goal must be converting visitors into subscribers. Nothing more or less.
Here are some solo ads lead capture page examples.
Sometimes the best solo ads squeeze page is the one without no extra texts, bullet points and visual content!
Many solo ads sellers believe that any lead capture page with over 30% conversion rate is a good landing page. The more is better, obviously.
How to Create Solo Ads Squeeze Page
Watch the video below to learn How Igor Kheifets builds high-converting squeeze page for solo ads traffic.
Brizy's landing page builder has similar elements so that you can build your funnel entirely on Brizy Cloud as well.
7 Tips to Improve Lead Conversion Rate on Solo Ads Squeeze pages
When you have the ability to convert more visitors into subscribers, it will not only reduce the CPL (Cost-per-lead) and save money for future traffic buying opportunities, but will also increase your revenue.
Here are seven tips that I have learned over past years in lead generation campaigns.
- 1Write compelling headline — Headline is the #1 thing you should focus on your landing page. It matters a lot. Here is an excellent guide on writing good headlines.
- 2Use symbols to draw attention — Using weird symbols such as curved-arrows, GIF images with transparent background will take the attention of visitors.
- 3Use different colors and text styling — Using power words with bold text styles that are inside commas, and different colors for highlighting parts of words will increase the lead conversion rate. (ex: Learn How I Made "$143.85" Sharing Other People's Content on Twitter Spending 15 Mins per Week!)
- 4Minimize friction — Less barriers for site visitors will result in more conversions. For example, you might see higher conversion rate if only collected email addresses instead of the name and email. More fields = lesser conversion rate.
- 5Split test — Split testing or A/B testing can help you achieve a higher lead conversion rate and find a combination of elements that work for your niche/audience. Instead of general split testing on elements such as colors, heading etc., you can also test 1-step/2-step forms, quizzes, survey type forms etc.
- 6Use exit pop-up to collect more leads — Offer compelling lead magnet to people who try to exit from your lead squeeze page and collect more leads. Use ConvertBox to create beautiful exit-popups.
- 7Use different traffic sources — What works for Facebook traffic might not work for Google Adwords or Google Display ads campaigns. Same for other traffic sources such as YouTube ads, Tiktok ads, and Pinterest ads. All traffic sources have different audiences with distinct demographics, geographies, interests, and user behaviors. Use Google Analytics Content Grouping to find more about your user base.
List Building for Solo ads
The next step is building a separate list for solo ads.
Here is why you should separate solo ads list from others.
- Manage better — Usually leads you collected from others, for example from other solo ads providers might have already signed up to 50+ other lists on the same niche. Therefore, you should build a separate list for solo ads business. Thus, you can manage them better in future.
- Segment better — List segmentation is crucial in these days. You can segment the list with different criteria such as gender, past purchases, education level, average median income level, buying frequency, Click-to-action clicks, and interests so that you can get higher open and better click-through rates which leads to a higher revenue from email marketing and better inbox rate.
Most email marketing services have either or both of these; 1) List 2) tagging.
Tagging is more useful because you can build different list based on tagging alone and can move leads from one to another through visual workflows.
Once you've set up your email marketing software and lead capture page, the next phase is sending traffic to build your list to sell solo ads.
7 Traffic Sources
Sell Solo Ads and Make money Online
Now you have an email list ready to offer solo ads for people. In this section, you will learn how to monetize your list through selling solo ads and make a monthly passive income.
Prepare your solo ads website
The very first step is setting up your website that addresses what you offer, who you are, where you are from, how you can be contacted etc.
I recommend Brizy Cloud for setting up website because,
If you do not have a domain name already, search a domain name with these free tools first. Next, purchase a cheap domain name through NameCheap and transfer it to CloudFlare. Learn why CloudFlare is good for your website over here.
Optimize your home page title for solo ads. Ex: "Best Solo ads for MLM, Biz Opp, MMO", "Buy Cheap Solo Ads for Forex, Binary Options, Investing." Use relevant keywords for your business. This will boost the search engine ranking for competitive and most-relevant terms such as solo ads, buy email traffic, buy MLM leads etc.
I also recommend using a good SEO (Search Engine Optimization) tool like SEMrush (Learn more about SEMrush SEO tool here) to track Google Keyword ranking for your site and competitors. So that you can know when your competitors have outranked you and can make necessary actions to increase organic rankings of your site. Learn how to track Google rank for keywords.
THE Page That matters
Above all pages, you must have a page or at least a section of homepage that is dedicated to testimonials and reviews from your solo ads customers.
Once you sold several solo ads, ask your customers to send a review. A video testimonial would be excellent. Use Aidaforms to collect testimonials including video testimonials.
Alternatively you can also ask buyers to drop solo ads reviews on Facebook so that you can directly link to the actual review from your website that will increase the trust furthermore.
Ways to Sell Solo Ads Online
There are two way to sell solo ads online.
- 1On a Solo ads marketplace
- 2On your own
Sell Solo Ads by using a Marketplace
If you are a beginner and just getting started on solo ads business, I would recommend using this method.
Udimi is one of the best if not the best solo ads marketplace out there. It's beginners's friendly and due to features you can earn more money.
Here is why Udimi is best for solo ads beginners.
Sell Solo ads by yourself
The other way to sell solo ads online is by selling yourself through your website.
Benefits of selling solo ads individually.
Many professional solo ads sellers such as Igor Kheifets have built a larger customer base through selling solo ads through his website, Igorsoloads.com. Now he's an established player and he earns millions of dollars each year by selling solo ads alone!
How to sell solo ads with a website
Here are some way to market solo ads business.
Advertise your website
Advertising is still a profitable way to make money. Advertise on Google for terms that are related to your business such as 'buy solo ads', 'buy email clicks', 'high-quality traffic', ' MLM leads', 'best solo ads sellers' etc.
Sell solo ads on Warriorforum
There is a dedicated section on Warriorforum for email marketing and entire forums for Buy and Sell services and Classified Ads!
Also, WSO (WarriorPlus special offers) is an excellent place to put your solo ads deals.
Sell solo ads on Facebook
Facebook is also a hot place to sell solo ads. But, be aware of scammers.
How to Increase Your Solo ads Revenue
Now you know how to become a solo ads seller and where to acquire customers. In this section, I will give some tips to increase your revenue so that you can invest more money on growing your list and thus improve the capacity of selling more clicks.
Best Solo Ads Sellers (Examples)
Now you know basic instruments of starting a solo ads business from scratch and how to grow your business. If you had to learn, you should learn from the best!
Here are several solo ads sellers who currently make hundreds of thousands worth of revenue each year through solo ads.
Igor is an experienced solo ads vendor in the space. And he guarantee conversions through his solo ads clicks.
Take a look at his pricing structure. (and promises)
Despite his promises such as 100% Tier 1 traffic, fresh leads and 10% free bonus, he makes over $1 per each lead. Due to his marketing techniques via email, Google Advertising and and YouTube videos, he has been able to make money.
Sarah Chew's Premium Solo ads
Sarah Chew primarily sells traffic through Facebook groups, Udimi and Skype. Most of her clients testimonials and reviews can be seen on her website and Facebook profile page.
There are three traffic packages based on traffic Tiers which are Silver, Gold and Platinum and different prices based on the traffic volume.
Final Words on Selling Solo Ads Online
Well, if you read everything in this guide, now you've improved your knowledge on solo ads industry and learned how to make money by selling email clicks.
Like every other scheme, there are barriers and competitiveness involved in this field as well. Two of the biggest issues are trust and transparency. There are lots of scammers thus honest solo ads vendors face the difficulty.
However, if you keep it up and trying and trying and doing it passionately, you will succeed. Why? Because, dishonest solo ads providers lack it, the persistence.
So, what is better time to start your solo ads business?
I say, NOW!
Follow instructions and tips I suggested above and start selling solo ads online and make money.
Why do you think people buy solo ads? Can you make a living selling solo ads? Let us know what you most like about selling solo ads in the comments below.