In this guide, you will find best email countdown timers to use on your email marketing campaigns.
Unlike several years ago, it’s harder to take the attention of your email subscribers. Due to the heavy competition, getting people to open emails and getting them to click your links in the message body is harder than ever before. There are many proven ways to increase conversions. One of those is utilizing countdown timers in email.
5 Benefits of using countdown timers in emails
- Boost conversions on your email marketing campaigns: Urgency is an emotional trigger that is used by almost every successful marketing company. By showing a real-time countdown timer in email newsletters, you can showcase that the offer or the promotion is limited for a specific time visually and boost conversions. Also, some email countdown services allow you to add a custom message to show up after the timer expires.
- FOMO: Fear Of Missing Out is triggered deeply when your offer or promotion is listed as time-limited.
- Increase clicks and engagement: Visual content can boost clicks from email messages. Rather than merely displaying the date and time, you can show beautiful countdown timers for emails and get more engagement.
- Run evergreen countdown timers: Selling products via email drip campaigns not only saves your time but also makes you money on auto-pilot. Utilize evergreen countdown timers in emails to make use of most of them.
- Dynamic countdown timers: Segmentation and personalization are key nowadays to stand out from hundreds of marketers and competitors who are fighting to take your subscriber’s attention every time. By utilizing Dynamic countdown timers, you can promote subscriber-catered offers.
How to use Email Countdown Timers
There are many ways to use animated countdown timers in emails. Here are some popular methods:
- Promote offers to your list
- Get people excited for a special announcement
- Countdown to a special occasion or holidays or mega sale season such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Double Eleven mega offer seasons
- Evergreen timers in emails
- Upcoming hotel stays or flight times
- Notify giveaway closing date and time
- Abandoned shopping cart emails
- Time-limited coupon emails
- Customer alerts for upcoming charges
- Trial expiration emails
- Event or webinar sign up emails
6 Best Email Countdown timers
Sendtric is an online countdown timer for both emails and websites with a clean and easy-to-use interface. One of the biggest advantages of Sendric countdown timers is that you will be able to create timers for free, and they will be free of branding.
Here are some key benefits of Sendtric:
- Clutter-free interface and easy to get started.
- It has a free plan, and it’s free of Sendtric branding.
- Advanced customization (PRO) – Give your email countdown timers a new look by language, timer digits, and appearance customization.
- Perpetual and Unique User Timers (PRO) – Boost CTR and conversions by using evergreen timers and displaying unique timers for each visitor
- Dynamic Timers (PRO) – Generate timers programmatically to show unique timers based on the subscriber’s stage on your marketing funnels.
- Timer Templates – Know how often your timer is shown and easily edit, duplicate and archive an email countdown timer.
Their paid plans start from $9 per month. The basic paid plan, which is the MICRO, that costs $9 per month allows up to 150,000 views/month. Sendtric’s FREE plan is more than enough if your list is small. But, one downside of the free plan is you cannot extend the timer for more than 30 days.
MotionMail is a real-time countdown timer provider for emails.
- Create unlimited timers
- Design your own countdown timer for email campaigns
- Customize time zone, language, and end date/time
- Preview the look on your screen
- Easily add to your email newsletters and drip campaigns as an image
- Credits roll over (From Boostrap paid plan)
MotionMail’s FREE plan allows up to 20,000 views per month. But, the downside of the free plan is the MotionMail branding cannot be removed, and most featured are blocked or limited. However, paid plans that start from $8 per month (100,000 views/month) allow brand removal.
NiftyImages is a powerful app to personalize emails and boost conversions. Among several tools of the NiftyImages app, the Countdown timer for emails is one of the most used.
- Quickly set up your countdown timer – No more advanced options. Set and go!
- 40+ languages to use
- Select from hundreds of Google fonts or upload your own .TTF font files
- Count up from a date in the past
- Add expiration image to show up after the timer is up
- Advanced Dynamic countdown timer options such as starting the timer as visitors navigate your site
NiftyImages does not offer a free plan. Paid plans start from $20 per month. The basic paid plan has got monthly 50,000 views in total for every countdown timer. If you are a seasoned marketer and want to take your campaigns to the next level, NiftyImages would be a good choice.
MailTimers is a dedicated countdown clock creation tool for emails. Therefore, you will experience all the tools needed for designing a good timer.
- Intuitive timer builder – MailTimers has got a pretty smooth interface with basic to advanced settings
- Unlimited email countdown timers
- Create your countdown email timer on 30+ languages
- Edit timers anytime
- Transparent background
- Set up the expiry message
- Evergreen and Cyclic timers
- Adobe Photoshop Timers
- Real-time analytics
- Credits rollover
MailTimers has three timer types:
- Fixed date countdown timer
- Evergreen countdown timer
- Cyclic countdown timer
MailTimers has got free and premium plans. The free plan allows basic editing and has up to 100,000 views per month. Yet, the branding cannot be removed.
But, in the paid plans, you get all features along with features such as credits rollover. The cost of the basic paid plan, which is Startup is $9.99/mo, and it offers brand removal options and up to 150,000 views/month.
If you were looking for a good and cheap alternative to NiftyImages, give MailTimers a try.
CountdownMail is a feature-rich and easy-to-use tool to make countdown timers for emails. One of the features of CountdownMail is Dynamic links that let you redirect visitors based on the countdown timer’s settings.
Here are several key features:
- Three timer types – Fixed date, Evergreen, and Dynamic (based on the timestamp on the URL)
- Dozens of premade templates to get started for beginners
- Localization – Make your timers localized for your targeted audience
- Intuitive builder – Not only navigating through the editor but also customizing everything is easier.
- Modify instantly
- Manage timers easily
- Various embed customization options: Enable HTTPS, align your timer, and many more.
- Transparent timers and add background images
- Credit rollover
Herer’s a video tutorial on how to use CountdownMail to design a timer for emails.
CountdownMail has both free and paid plans. Its free plan is limited on features but offers unlimited views with branding on timers. The paid plan starts from $7.99 (the Starting Up plan). It got 100,000 views per month limit. Signup for free and give it a try over here.
PromoFeatures is another tool to make countdown time images for emails. But, like most other tools listed above, you can embed them on your website as well.
- Make unlimited countdown timers for email and web
- Customize the design with the easy-to-use visual editor
- Expired message customization
- Real-time analytics
- Import settings from other timers and more
PromoFeatures has got free and premium plans. The free plan allows up to 30,000 views for the web and email countdown timers. Paid plans start from $6.99 (Starter Kit) and let you remove the branding.
Recommended: 101 Best Inspirational Email Marketing Quotes
Best Email Countdown Timers Comparison
All websites mentioned above allow you to create countdown timers based on a fixed date and customize them to match your brand. But, some of them have unique features compared with others. Only Sendtric allows brand removal from their timers in the free plan. Here is a basic comparison table for the best countdown timers for email marketing.
|Basic Paid Plan Price||$9||$10||$20||$9.99||$7.99||$6.99|
|Views per month for basic plan||150K||100K||50K||100K||100K||150K|
Conclusion on Best Countdown Timers for Email
Urgency is an emotional trigger and a marketing tactic used by most marketers. Countdown timers on your email campaigns can work tremendously because of three basic reasons.
- Visual appealing faster – People’s eyes catch the visual content faster than text. In fact, visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text! Even better, since these are animated countdown timers for emails, those will catch the eyes quickly.
- Universally understandable – Your subscribers could be from all around the world. There is no need to worry about the time zones of individual subscribers because each countdown timer has a fixed date.
- Unique customization possibilities – Want to utilize countdown timers in email drip campaigns? And want to trigger the countdown timing based on the users’ email open time? The limits are not limited to email countdown timers.
Also, because email countdown timers are animated graphics (GIF), you will be able to embed them on any HTML email editor.
If you are yet to utilize a countdown clock for email, give it a try soon and compare results. I use countdown timers often on my emails for affiliate promotions and giveaway campaigns (and they work pretty well.)
So have you ever used any of these email countdown timers? Drop your comments below.
How do I add a countdown timer to my Outlook email?
Create your countdown timer first using one of these tools. Next, download it to your device. Use the ‘Insert inline picture’ on your Outlook email message to embed the countdown timer in email. See the screenshot below.
Can I add a countdown timer to an email?
Yes, you can embed countdown timers as GIF images by uploading or editing the HTML code.
How do I insert a countdown clock in Gmail?
Copy the URL for the countdown timer GIF image. In your Gmail compose mail, proceed through ‘Insert Photo’ >> Web Address (URL) >> Paste URL >> Insert.