Traffic is the blood of any online business. Whether you use free or paid traffic generation methods, it is critical to track the performance of your marketing campaigns so that you would achieve a higher ROI that results in faster growth.
At some point, you might have faced that you need a single link that points to multiple web addresses or URLs. How could you send traffic of a unique URL to various destinations? Or distribute traffic with a link?
That is why web link rotators or URL rotators are used for.
Previously, on the ultimate list of best link tracker services, you found several tools with the link rotation feature. But, in this guide, you will find out the top 5 URL rotator tools to redirect traffic to multiple URLs with very specific features.
What is a Link Rotator?
A link rotator is a unique link that allows you to route traffic to different destinations.
It’s that simple.
Suppose you want to send visitors who click a link to your website home page, blog index page, and newsletter sign-up pages. The best way to achieve it is through using a suitable link rotate software.
What are the differences between Link Rotating vs URL Shortening?
- Shorten ugly and lengthier URLs – An URL can take up to 2048 characters or more. If you want to make an extended web address to be remembered, the best way is by shortening it.
- Brand URL – Not only can you hide URL parameters like affiliate link data (i.e., ClickBank affiliate links, JVZoo links) but also create beautiful branded custom URLs. For example, https://link.upcontests.com/grammarly redirects to the Grammarly.com website. The original URL is a referral link with sub-tracking datasets.
- Mask URLs – Yes, URL shorteners allow you to mask URLs. Try this: https://links.upcontests.com/spellcheckplus
- Track clicks and conversions – Nowadays, URL shorteners allow you to track clicks, find where the clicks are generated, and monitor conversions with funnel tracking technologies.
- Password-protected links
Link Rotators have all the above functionalities plus more:
- A/B testing – Not all landing page builders have A/B testing functionality. For example, if you use Blogger or WordPress, they do not have any split testing capabilities. URL rotators allow you to A/B test pages.
- Use one URL to redirect traffic to multiple URLs – One of the main reasons why URL rotators are so important. For example, you can use a single URL and redirect its traffic to different pages of an affiliate product like a sales page with VSL, product page without VSL, and pricing page to test conversion rates and behavior flow of users. This eliminates many barriers and opens new doors to optimize conversion rates.
Best Link Rotators to Route Traffic for Marketers
Here is a list of excellent web traffic rotators to use in your marketing campaigns.
ClickMagick – The best traffic management tool for professional internet marketers
If you are in the Solo Advertising niche, you should already know what ClickMagick is capable of doing.
ClickMagick is a reliable traffic management toolkit with numerous features and tools to help you achieve better results.
Its Click rotator is one of the best I’ve seen.
- Multi-Mode Link Rotators
- Lightning-Fast Link Redirects
- Postback / Webhook / Server-To-Server Tracking
- Click Fraud Monitoring & Traffic Quality Analysis
- Automated & Intelligent Split Testing
- Conversion Tracking Of Any Goal Or Sale
- Unlimited Custom Tracking Domains
- Best-In-Class Automated Bot Filtering/Blocking
ClickMagick gives you almost unlimited flexibility and the power to do things other traffic redirectors simply can’t.
Create a link rotator in ClickMagick
Create your ClickMagick account over here and log in to your account. Once done, click on the ‘Rotators‘ tab and provide rotator name, rotator link slug.
Next, select the appropriate rotator mode.
ClickMagick’s Rotator Modes are click distribution methodologies.
- Fulfillment – Send all traffic to the first active URL in the rotator including repeat clicks from the same user – until that URL has received the maximum number of unique clicks (plus bonus) specified.
- Spillover – Send traffic to each URL in the rotator, one after the other, as repeat users hit your rotator multiple times. Best for solo ads vendors to maximize unique clicks
- Random – Distribute your clicks in a completely random manner to all active URLs
- Sequential – Send incoming clicks to each rotator URL in order, then when it reaches the bottom it will simply start over again at the top. Best for ad co-op as it ensures all URLs receive same number of clicks.
Enter a backup URL. The Back URL or Fallback URL is used when no link in the rotator is available according to specified settings.
Add URLs to rotator
Click on the gear icon at the far right of the rotator and select the ‘Add URLs‘ option.
Enter a new name for the link and set its status to ‘Active,’ ‘Paused,’ ‘Archived,’ and enter the URL to which you want to redirect traffic.
Additional ClickMagick link rotator settings
As a complete click rotator, ClickMagick offers various configurations. Here are some:
- Set priority – Use the Position option in URL settings to give more weight specific URLs
- Set max clicks – Once it reaches this amount it will be automatically paused
- Set max daily clicks – Max number of unique clicks per day that a URL can get
- Bonus clicks – Percentage of Max Clicks to over deliver. Best for selling solo ads on a website or Udimi marketplace or through solo ad arbitrage business model.
- Min T1 – Set mininum tier 1 traffic you want to deliver to a particular link in the rotator
- Max T1 – Set the maximum tier 1 traffic amount you want to deliver.
- Min mobile – Mininum mobile visitor percentage
- Max mobile – Mininum mobile visitor percentage
- Weight – When using the Sequential mode, this defines that one url should get more traffic than others. For example, adding 3 weights for a URL indicates that it should get x3 (three times) traffic than others. It’s a proportional traffic distribution method only available in the ClickMagick URL rotator.
ClickMagick link rotator allows rotating up to 10,000 URLs and sharing link statistics with others.
ClickMagick offers a 14-Days free trial on all plans.
ClickMagick does not offer yearly pricing packages. Its monthly plans start at $37/mo (up to 10,000 clicks). But, most features are offered from the Standard plan, which costs $77/mo (up to 100,000 clicks). Learn more.
Replug – Best URL shortener with advanced features
Replug is a quality link shortener with A/B split testing features (i.e., link rotations).
In my Replug review, I explained its pros and cons, and features. In this article, I will briefly explain how to use Replug to create link rotators.
How to create a link rotator in Replug
Create your Replug account over here and create a brand,
Click on the ‘New Link‘ button under Replug links.
Select the ‘Brand‘ and enter the main destination URL. Next, enable the ‘A/B testing.’
Add URLs you want to rotate under the ‘Split test URL‘ field and set a corresponding weight amount. Click on the ‘Equalize weights’ to redirect the same amount of traffic to every URL.
Like ClickMagick, Replug also lets you route traffic based on conditions like user geolocation, device, etc. Still, if you use the traffic routing rules, you cannot utilize the URL A/B testing (i.e., link rotation) functionality.
Replug offers a free trial on all plans, and its monthly subscription packages start from Basic, which costs $19/mo (5,000 clicks). The professional plan is the most popular one, and it costs $49/mo (50,000 clicks).
Voluum – Best link tracker for CPA marketing
If you are in the CPA marketing industry, you should have heard of Voluum already. It is the best affiliate link tracking tool with world-class infrastructure.
The specialty of Voluum over other software is that it uses AI to optimize your campaigns. So if you intend to use a traffic rotator to A/B test landing pages’ opt-in, and sales conversion ratios, Voluum would be an excellent choice.
Voluum is an advanced link tracking software mainly made for CPA (Cost per action) marketing. So, its price is higher than other tools.
JotURL – Feature-rich click rotator software
JotURL is a link shortener with URL rotation capability. From branded links to branded QR codes, JotURL is equipped with tons of features to empower your link management with various functions which include smart link redirection, rotation, and conversion tracking.
JotURL’s smart balancer lets you rotate links and route traffic accordingly following criteria.
- Sequential – Redirect clicks to the next destination page, click after click
- Weighted – Allocate how much (percentage) traffic goes to each landing page
- Random – Redirect clicks casually to your destination pages
- Switching over (cookies) – If the visitor returns, the balancer, using cookies, will show the next landing page in the list
- Weighted with memory (cookies) – Return user is redirected to the page she/he was redirected to on the first visit
- Random with memory (cookies) – Return user is redirected to the page she/he was redirected to on the first visit
- A/B testing – Route traffic to different web pages and track conversions (needs to install JotURL tracking script)
- Smart traffic redirection – Redirect visitors to different destinations depending on one or more specific conditions (language, country, OS, OS version, mobile device, browser, browser type, main browser version, number of visits, number of unique visits, QR codes (Y/N), already visited content (Y/N), Time.
JotURL has two main plan types: Standard and XL
JotURL Standard pricing is:
- Growth – €9/mo – 2,000 links, 5,000 events/mo
- Pro – €69/mo – 30,000 links, 100,000 events/mo
- Business – €169/mo – 100,000 links, 500,000 events/mo
JotURL’s XL plan type’s pricing is:
- Growth XL – €29/mo – 10,000 links, 30,000 events/mo
- Pro XL – €119/mo – 60,000 links, 300,000 events/mo
- Business XL – €249/mo – 250,000 links, 1,000,000 events/mo
All plans include the Smart redirector (with targeting), Smart link rotator, and Split A/B testing. So you can get started from the basic plan and upgrade as you need.
ClickMeter – A simple traffic router for affiliates and content creators
ClickMeter is an advanced link tracking software for affiliates, agencies, advertisers, and publishers. Its smart A/B test rotator allows split traffic to different landing pages without having to modify pages anyway.
Watch the video below to see how ClickMeter’s link rotator works:
ClickMeter’s link rotator’s features:
- Create unlimited rotators
- Rotate up to 50 websites or affiliate links in each rotator
- Advanced redirect modes: Sequential, Weighted, Random, Spillover
- Discover which destination URLs were clicked more
- Find out which landing page converted the most visitors
- Cloak destination URL and protect your affiliate code
- Limit the hits for any rotator
- Rotate other ClickMeter tracking links and mix additional redirect options: By nation, language, device (desktop, mobile), period of the year, etc.,
- Cap the maximum number of clicks you want to redirect
- Rotate other rotators for complex nested setups
- Edit Destination and rotator settings anytime and real-time
ClickMeter has three plans:
- Medium – $29/mo – 2,500 datapoints, 25,000 events/mo
- Large – $99/mo – 20,000 datapoints, 200,000 events/mo
- X-Large – $349/mo – 200,000 datapoints, 2,000,000 events/mo
ClickMeter is an alternative to ClickMagick with powerful features. It has got unique features like sub-accounts, so you can charge money by offering link rotation services.
When to use link rotators?
- When your landing page creator does not have split testing functionality
- Occasions, where you want to A/B test, offer for the traffic you have
- Route traffic to different parts of a site
- Rotate different landing pages to see optimal tripwire offers (perfect for promoting different affiliate offers with solo ads traffic)
- Selling clicks (Link rotator tools can maximize unique clicks so you make more money. Excellent for solo ad selling businesses)
- Test conversions on different funnels. If you have traffic and want to find a good sales funnel, using URL rotator tools can give you statistics on which funnel (opt-in page, bridge page, intermediate page, tripwire offer, and backend offers) are converting highly.
A good internet marketing campaign involves A/B testing. That is how you can determine which offers, traffic, and strategies are working well. Although you can use a basic URL shortener like Bit.ly for marketing campaigns, they are not well-polished for what you’d need.
Link rotators, on the other hand, are very beneficial in many ways. Be it an affiliate marketing campaign or an advertising campaign; you should use a quality URL rotator.
In this article, you found the top software to split traffic. So, what are your thoughts on these tools, and which is your favorite URL rotator? Please share them below.