In this list article, you will find top email checker tools to verify email addresses manually, automatically, and in real-time.
You spend time and money buying traffic…
…just NOT to build an email list with fake details.
In an ideal world, all email addresses you will collect should be deliverable and not fake or disposable. But that is not the case.
An email address is worth a lot to many people, and they protect it. But how can you verify email addresses online to ensure your customer emails or email prospects are valid as a business owner?
The best way to ensure your email list is clean is by running those email IDs through an accurate email verification service.
Why Should Clean Your Email list?
Whether you are a solopreneur marketer, business owner, or working for an enterprise-level company, you should use an email verifier service. Here are several benefits of using a list cleaning service for you.
- Prevent fake signups – If you run a giveaway, for example, the chances are your campaign will generate a high amount of fraudulent signups normally.
- Block signups with disposable email addresses – With the birth of disposable or temporary email services, people use them instead of the real ones. You must use a good email list checker service to identify those temporary emails.
- Reduce your autoresponder or CRM software cost – Every fake email address costs you money.
- Improve email deliverability – The fewer fake email addresses your email service provider has, the higher chance of your emails getting more opens and, therefore, a top deliverability rate. For instance, if you use Solo ads to build your email list, chances are your email list will get higher bounces (hard and soft), so it’s better to clean up your email marketing list from time to time.
- Decrease bounce rate – Hard bounce rate happens when your contacts’ emails are invalid. You should verify those emails in bulk and remove any fake ones.
- Increase your email marketing campaigns’ ROI
- Protect your domain reputation score
4 Best Email Checker and Bulk List Cleaning Services
Emailable is a cost-effective email address verification service with many features to clean your email list in bulk and in real time.
Here are some key features of Emailable.
- Disposable email checker – Find temporary or disposable email addresses
- Role email detection – Email not used for personal uses, such as email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MX record detection – Get MX record for each email address.
- Domain validation – Validate email addresses by the domain level to find if the domain is known for spam or abuse.
- Spam trap remover – Improve your sender reputation and not get blacklisted by ISPs by preventing spam traps.
- Free email deduplication – Emailable’s Bulk verification tool will remove any duplicate contact for free
- Email bounce checker – Keep your bounce rates under control
- SMTP provider information and SMPTP verification, Syntax validation, email quality score, gender of email address detection, and more.
Single email verifier
The single email verifier is used to validate single emails.
Bulk verification tool
You can bulk verify multiple email addresses in multiple ways:
- By uploading your list
- Copying and pasting email addresses
- Selecting an integration source
Currently, Emailable integrates major email marketing services such as AWeber, ActiveCampaign, CampaignMonitor, ConvertKit, Klaviyo, MailChimp, Sendgrid, and CRM services such as Salesforce, Salesflare, and Zapier.
Real-time email verification widget
You can install the email checker widget on most email collector tools.
Emailable is free to use. Its free plan allows 250 credits. One credit equals to one email verification. So, a free account lets you check up to 250 email addresses. You must purchase credits or subscribe to a paid plan for more volume.
Tomba is an online service that provides several tools to find email addresses, enrich data based on an email address provided, and check available phone numbers of a person or company. Moreover., Tomba’s database contains over 450+ million emails from 76 million domains, and it is continuously growing.
You can verify email addresses on Tomba in different ways:
- Tomba website – Type any email address into the online email verifier to confirm its deliverability.
- Extensions – Tomba provides browser extensions for major web browsers. An email address can be verified by clicking the verification icon next to it in the Domain Search:
- Microsoft Excel – You can also verify a list of email addresses to get the deliverability status of each email using Tomba’s Microsoft Excell add-on.
- Google Sheets – Tomba’s Google Sheet Add-on lets you verify email addresses in a spreadsheet. Select a list of emails in your spreadsheet, and click on the “Verify email addresses” button. A new tab will open with the emails and verification status, confidence score, and one for the number of sources where the email is found.
- API – Validate any email address using Tomba’s API.
Bulk email verifier
The bulk email verification tool lets you verify a list of professional email addresses. Webmail email addresses like Gmail and Outlook and disposable email addresses are skipped.
Tomba is free to use. Its free plan includes 50 monthly email verifications, browser extensions, LinkedIn prospecting, and API. You must subscribe to a premium plan for more volume and features.
- Free – 50 monthly verifications
- Starter – $39/month – 1,000 monthly verifications
- Growth – $89/month – 5,000 monthly verifications
- Pro – $189/month – 20,000 monthly verifications
- Enterprise – $389/month – 60,000 monthly verifications
EmailListverify.com is another site to check emails, verify email addresses in real-time, and clean email lists in bulk.
The site boasts that it has already verified over 5 billion emails and found 23% of them were bad.
Here are some features of EmailListVerify.
- Domain & SMTP validation – EmailListVerify checks the ISPs and removes all emails with invalid, inactive, parked domains or invalid accounts.
- Disposable email cleaner
- Spam trap checker
- Catch-all domains checker
- Syntax errors validator
- Hard bounce checker
- Removing email duplicates from lists
- MTA validator – Validate MX records
Single email checker
Single email checker in EmailListVerify.com shows you if the email domain is professional. Take a look at the screenshot below.
I use EmailListVerify’s API to integrate with UpViral to validate email addresses in real-time. In the API section of the ELV, you can see the summary of API usage.
EmailListVerify has two pricing models.
- Monthly subscription plans – Great for API integration. Pricing starts from 5,000 checks per day for $139
- Pay-as-you-go plans – Great for single email verification and bulk email list cleaning. API is also included so that you can use the tool. Pricing starts from $4 for 1,000 email check credits, and credit prices decrease as you buy higher packages.
EmailListVerify provides several free tools to get you started to achieve high email deliverability rates.
- Email Health checker – Check the DNS health of your email sending domain
- Blacklist Checker – Check your email sending IP or domain against over 100 real-time email blacklist servers.
- Email Extractor
- MX Lookup
Click here to sign up on EmailListVerify.
NeverBounce is one of the most popular accurate email list cleaning services. Like most other tools, it provides 1,000 free credits to get you started.
Here are some of the best features of NeverBounce.
- Bulk email list cleaning
- Real-time email verification
- Automated list cleaning by syncing your email service provider
Also, it has got more tools to help you clean your list and easily validate every email that matters to your business.
- Webhook – Integrate NeverBounce to your existing workflow to use the one-off validation tool.
- Zapier – Connect NeverBounce with other apps you already use.
- Integrately – Use other apps that are connected Integrately seamlessly. Learn more about it in our Integrately review.
- Custom application – Integrate single and bulk verification directly
NeverBounce has got two pricing models.
- Pay-as-you-go – Buy credits in bulk that never expires. Pricing starts from $0.008 per email.
- Sync (Automated Cleaning) – Sync your email service provider and let NeverBounce clean your list every day. Pricing starts from $10 per 1,000 emails.
Conclusion on best email checker tools
Qualifying leads should be one of the main priorities in your lead generation campaigns. Depending on your lead gen strategy, it can make or ruin your marketing campaign’s effectiveness based on the quality of leads.
For instance, if you are using CPA marketing to scale your lead generation process, one or two affiliates can really impact your business.
That is why you should consider utilizing a list-cleansing service to eliminate fraudulent email addresses.
In this post, I shared the best email checker and verification tools to validate emails in real-time. Additionally, those tools let you bulk upload emails so that you can clean your existing emails from time to time.
Bulk email verification is really useful in scenarios such as after launching a mega giveaway because the chances are higher of getting a notable portion of fake email addresses in a sweepstake or a referral campaign.
What I suggest is using a tool like Integrately to verify emails prior to sending them to your marketing funnels. The setup will be similar to this:
Your landing page >> Integrately >> Verify emails through a tool mentioned in this post >> Send the data to your email service provider or CRM if leads are not fake.
Learn more about Integrately in our review.
So, how do you use these best email checker apps? What is your best email verification tool? Share your thoughts below.