There are lots of things we don’t carry with our birth; Writing is one of those. Writing is a skill you should learn, practice, develop, and have expertise.
In modern days, as a treatment for busy day-to-day life, we use lots of tools. Writing tools is another type of tool which you can use to save valuable time and money. We can’t forget Grammarly and Ginger when considering the best writing tools.
They both might probably be the best online grammar checker tools used and recommended by hundreds of thousands of students, teachers, lecturers, writers, translators, freelance writers, content marketers, and even people who engage in micro gig jobs such as translation, transcription, and data scraping.
That’s why today, I thought to compare Grammarly and Ginger grammar checker tools and help you decide which tool you should pick up for your requirements.
Grammarly vs. Ginger: Which Grammar Checker is Better?
I have been using Grammarly for two years and haven’t looked for any Grammarly alternative since then. There are lots of reasons for that cause. As for the quality of service and the efficiency of grammar checking, I was addicted to using Grammarly more often than I used to use other online grammar checker tools.
Here are a few key features of the Grammarly writing tool that you can’t resist using despite being a student, teacher, blogger, content marketer, or freelancer.
- Writing Styles: One key point where Grammarly is better than most grammar checkers is its versatile writing style checker. Grammarly doesn’t just settle by applying the same writing style/rule. You can select the corresponding document type whenever you write a new article or proofread an existing document. You might write a legal document, academic paper, business letter, formal letter, medical report, essay, or even a web copy such as a personal blog post. You’re just a few steps away from selecting the preferred document type to direct the right way to get grammar corrections.
- Check Punctuation: A successful writing doesn’t complete if your article has one misused comma mistake. Grammarly is sufficient for correcting all those punctuation errors in seconds.
- Grammar Checker: Grammarly is made for correcting English grammar that other small grammar checkers can’t detect or correct. For example, Grammarly can understand the difference between Twitter and Twitter. In fact, Grammarly claims it can fix over 250 grammar and punctuation errors in a matter of seconds.
- Plagiarism Checker: If you’re a blogger or a freelance writer who produces content for internet marketers, you should already use any plagiarism checker tool. Grammarly’s plagiarism checker can identify even small similarities in a matter of seconds. It is amazing how an average, brand-new article can even have 1% plagiarized content.
- Vocabulary enhancement: If you are not a native English speaker or don’t know more complex words or synonyms than professional writers, then Grammarly’s vocabulary builder is probably the best tool you can get for a low price. It comes along with Grammarly’s other tools as a free tool for premium members.
- Autosuggestion: One of my favorite features of Grammarly is its autosuggestion feature. It suggests things to add or remove to improve the quality of the article. At the end of the day, we all want to have a high-quality article.
- Grammarly Mobile Keyboard Application: One of the most anticipated features that could help every business type based online or offline. Grammarly Android and iOS apps make it much easier to write grammatically correct messages, documents, and even guides with your mobile device.
One advantage of using Grammarly for your writing needs is viewing and editing your article anytime, no matter where you are.
Once you create your Grammarly account, you will receive free cloud space, and you can store, edit, view, and download documents easily and effortlessly. Grammarly works well on all devices no matter what you’re using; desktop, tablet, and mobile.
Currently, Grammarly has introduced browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari.
Also, if you’re a professional writer and use Microsoft Word every day, you would go for Grammarly because it provides software for grammar checking, punctuation correcting, and all other stuff you want to get done.
This is a screenshot of Grammarly’s online editor. It has a pretty nifty interface that reduces clutter and barriers and forms a perfect mode to write content naturally.
Also, when comparing Grammarly vs. Ginger, Grammarly’s ‘Set goals‘ feature cannot be ignored. This setting intrigue Grammarly AI writing assistant on what type of content you will compose.
One downside of using Grammarly is it doesn’t support some platforms. For example, suppose you want to use Grammarly to proofread articles and suggest synonyms while writing an article on Google Docs. In that case, you must download the document to your PC or copy & paste it to Grammarly’s online editor.
All in all, Grammarly is a perfect grammar checker and assistance to improve English grammar.
Ginger is the first grammar checker tool I have used. I used it for one and a half years before moving to Grammarly.
I moved to Grammarly not just because it doesn’t provide tools to correct grammar. In fact, Ginger grammar can correct all those silly grammar errors and rephrase sentences that any human may probably miss every time they proofread a particular article a few times. Here’re a few key features and benefits of using Ginger as your writing aid.
- Grammar Checker: Ginger Grammar is one of the key tools of Ginger. In fact, Ginger claims Ginger’s grammar tool boosts your writing productivity. Its groundbreaking technology fixes small grammar mistakes such as singular and plural errors to sophisticated mistakes such as the sentence or tense usage errors.
- Sentence Rephraser: Ginger’s sentence Rephraser is an alternative to Grammarly’s vocabulary enhancement tool. Even if you’re a professional writer, it’s hard to change your natural writing tone. That’s another reason why ghostwriters charge higher fees in most cases. With this splendid tool, you can generate different sentences for written ones. It adds synonyms, idioms, and phrases to enrich your paragraphs. Not only that, but it also completes sentence fragments with a single click. Sentence Rephraser is an ideal and critical feature that will change how you express your ideas and improve your writing quality.
- Dictionary: Ginger Dictionary or Ginger Define (known in Ginger software) is undoubtedly a powerful, useful tool for every writer. It’s an alternative to Grammarly’s vocabulary enhancement tool. However, Ginger is far ahead in recognizing and providing perfect synonyms in a better way that even a ten-year-old student can understand.
- Text Reader: One unique tool that Grammarly doesn’t provide is Text Reader. If you’re not a native English speaker and want to learn English with a proper accent, simply, efficiently, and naturally, then Ginger should be your ultimate choice. Once you proofread the article, select the preferred native accent from the US and UK, choose a gender (male or female), and change the speed and volume of vocalization. Sit back and listen to how to pronounce your article correctly.
- Personal Trainer: One way to improve your writing skills is to write more. But, with a proper trainer, you can expedite the road to being a successful writer. Ginger’s Personal Trainer is a must-have tool for every non-native English speaker.
- Translation Software: Ginger’s Translation Software is the cutting-edge feature that puts Ginger higher than Grammarly regarding quality writing aid. Currently, Ginger supports over 50 languages, including Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Greek, Hebrew, Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, and Hindu.
- Ginger Mobile App: Just like Grammarly, with Ginger Software, you can check grammar and punctuation errors very efficiently with the mobile application. So, your SMS messages and documents made using your mobile devices will always be grammar-error-free!
Ginger is a top-notch grammar-checking software that is very handy for marketers, writers doing business with cross languages, and people who want to learn English speaking.
Ginger also has browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer.
Also, you can check grammar in MS Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook by downloading the software provided by Ginger.
Text-to-speak is an awesome tool you might want to check out if you didn’t do it already. One of the biggest advantages of Ginger grammar checker over Grammarly is that Ginger supports mobile devices (smartphones). So you can rectify your writing flaws instantly by using the Ginger mobile keyboard.
One disadvantage of Ginger grammar is that it doesn’t provide an online editor for busy people who want to edit articles online.
All in all, Ginger is another top-notch writing aid for every type of employee, people in business, and writer. One of my biggest choices if you asked what my favorite grammar corrector is.
Now let’s put those features and tools into a table to see how each writing tools differ from the other.
Grammarly vs Ginger Pricing Comparison
There are many similarities when comparing pricing for these two grammar tools. Both offer a free plan that allows various features. Read this article to learn more about Grammarly’s free vs. paid plans.
Grammarly’s current premium plans follow:
- MONTHLY: $30.00
- QUARTERLY: $60.00
- ANNUAL: $144.00
Also, Grammarly.com periodically runs special discount promotions. Common ones are 50% OFF and 55% OFF. Furthermore, Grammarly offers exclusive coupons for students and teachers.
The screenshot above shows that GingerSoftware currently runs a special promotional offer. I am not sure if this is real or a promotional tactic to utilize urgency to increase sales.
Ginger’s pricing plans follow as follows:
- Monthly: $13.99
- Annual: $89.88
- Two Years: $167.76
Grammarly vs. Ginger Feature Comparison
|Contextual Spell Check||YES||YES|
|Mobile Applications||YES (iOS & Android)||YES (iOS & Android)|
|Money Back Guarantee||7 DAY (Refund)||7 DAY (Refund)|
Grammarly vs. Ginger FAQs
Is Ginger better than Grammarly?
It depends on various factors. If you want to improve your writing while enhancing spoken English, you should use Ginger Software.
But, if you require a quality grammar checker app, plagiarism checker, and AI writing assistant tool that works on Google Docs, mobile apps, and web browsers, you should give Grammarly a try.
Is Ginger Worth it?
Is Grammarly Worth it?
If you are searching for a good grammar aid tool that can check punctuation, and grammar, suggest synonyms, and check for plagiarism simultaneously, you should go with Grammarly.
Grammarly’s online editor would be a plus advantage over Ginger because, with the online editor, you can save documents and edit them anytime, anywhere you are.
Final Words on Ginger vs. Grammarly
I have used both Ginger and Grammarly tools to assist my English writing and speaking purposes.
Currently, I am using Grammarly because it allows me to check plagiarism before I publish an article, provides reasons why my sentences are incorrect, and show instructions on writing particular sentences rightfully. So, at last, Grammarly is my English teacher! 😉
You can actually know how many points Grammarly gives for your article. You can increase the score just by using the tool. Follow suggestions and fix issues that come along the way you scroll down.
However, my views on Grammarly don’t indicate that I solely don’t like Ginger Software. In fact, I haven’t used it in a while.
So, what is your BEST tool from Grammarly and Ginger concerning quality, features, and needs? Share your thoughts in the comment form below.