How to Submit Your Website to Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Baidu, Yandex
In this new SEO guide, you will learn...
- How to add your site to search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Baidu, and Yandex.
- How to make your search engine submissions not spammy-looking (Yes, anything overdoing might get your site to be penalized from the search index)
- How search engines index contents.
Search engine submission is not dead, yet.
During last few decades SEO industry has evolved at a rapid speed so that beginners get it overwhelmed even before they try basic SEO techniques.
There were days where you can add URL to Google, Bing, Yahoo! And other search engines expecting tons of traffic will come to your site.
Yes, that did. The results of submitting website to search engines were high.
In fact, you just needed to add a website to Google and build some backlinks. (despite link quality)
Search traffic would go over roof within just a few days.
…But, nowadays, it is just a daydream to expect such things like you submit website to Google, Bing and other search engines and hope next day, your analytics reports will show a HUGE spike in organic traffic.
Let’s be honest. With just search engine submission, you can’t win SEO battle. But, the earlier submitting URL to Google can start building a successful SEO journey.
In fact, it is a good start.
So, ready to add your website and blog to search engines?
So, let’s start…
What is Search Engine Submission and How Does It Work?
Search Engine Submission is the best method of getting traction of search engines to your website.
What does it mean?
Well, it is this…
Let’s assume that you just created a brand new blog. (if you don’t have a blog, just follow easy steps in this tutorial to start a blog just for $3.45/mo)
Now, you have added up a few quality posts that adhere Google quality guidelines.
But, You wait and wait till Google comes to your website and rank it on Google search engine result pages or well known Google SERPs.
But, you see that didn’t happen. So you assume that appearing website on Google SERPs will never occur sooner.
So, how to manipulate ranking on search engines faster?
That’s where search engine submission comes in.
Every Search engine such as Google, Bing, Baidu and even Yandex provide exclusive tools for webmasters just like you and me to add websites to search engines.
Why do search engines so care about your website? Don’t they have other hundreds of tasks to complete?
Well, even though that’s true. Most search engines such as Google serve and give their best to provide excellent and most appropriate content to people. Search engines know people’s searches are never-ending.
That’s why Google identifies 15% NEW search queries in EVERY DAY that they have never seen. (Nearly 500 million searches!)
Very interesting, right?
Yes, it is.
Once you add your website to search engines, search engine bots will start crawling your site and make an index of relevant content (i.g: keywords) to serve whenever someone searches on.
Here is the four-step formula that MOST search engines operate generally.
- Follow the URL and crawl the page.
- Make an index of relevant content on your web page
- Utilize search engine ranking factors to rank on SERPs.
- Whenever someone searches something, they serve relevant content.
Stage 1: Follow the URL and crawl the web page
Search engines use web spiders (also known as web crawlers) to dig content on the Internet. Here are the particular search engine bots for each search engines.
- Googlebot – Search engine bot for Google’s search engines. (Google web search, blog search, image search, news search, etc.) Contribute to the most significant portion of indexed content among other search engines.
- Bingbot – Microsoft’s search engine, Bing uses a web spider called Bingbot to find new content.
- Baidu-spider – The most famous Chinese search engine, Baidu uses this web spider to crawl web content.
- Yandexbot – The Russian search engine, Yandex uses Yandexbot to add new websites and blogs to their index.
Stage 2: Make an index of relevant content of web page
After crawling your web pages, search engines make an index of content which primarily includes images, headings and alt description.
That’s why most SEOs recommend you to pay attention for on-page SEO mainly, especially at beginning. On-page SEO just does not limit to text content, but also;
- Keyword added page title and URL
- Readability score
- Website design
- Internal linking strategy
- User experience and user engagement
- Mobile friendliness
Stage 3: Rank web pages on SERPs
You might expect the ranking of SERPs will happen immediately just after submitting website to search engines.
Even though it looks like that, search engines especially Google are very strict at ranking sites. Google alone uses more than 200 factors to position web pages on SERPs.
The manifest search engine ranking factors are;
- Website loading time
- Mobile friendliness
- Inbound links
- Keywords in title and text body
Stage 4: Serve content
When someone searches something on search engines, your web page will show up. Some search engines like Google uses modifiers such as rich markup, knowledge boxes. So, these all execute a fraction of a second.
That’s how search engine machine simply works.
Now let’s learn how to submit websites to search engines.
The Ultimate Guide to Submit Your Website to Multiple Search Engines
Quick Not About Website Submissions
You can follow the steps to add URLs to search engines for free. However, I strongly recommend you to verify your website ownership with webmaster tools.
Submit Website to Google
Google is the king of the web. More than 63.9% of searches is based on Google. Unlike other search engines, to rank higher on the Google SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages), just adding URL to Google isn’t enough.
The search engine ranking on Google depends on more than 200 factors. Generally, Google crawls every site. So you don’t need to worry about the submission of your site to Google search engine. However, it could take a one day, one week, one month or more for Google to index your website. Make sure before submitting your site to Google, you didn’t block Googlebot from crawling and indexing through a robots.txt file.
So, here to how to submit your website to Google search engine.
- Go to the following web page: http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl
- Now Type the URL of your site in the text field correctly with HTTP.
- You’ll be asked to face the captcha challenge. Enter the text shown in the captcha box.
- After filling out the necessary information, click on the “Submit Request” button.
Recommended Tutorial: How to Check Google Keyword Ranking of ANY Website for SEO
Submit Website to Bing
If you submitted your site to Google, other search engines also would crawl your site soon. But for Bing, it could take more time rather than Google take to crawl your site and rank it on Bing search results.
So you would submit your blog to Bing search engines to drive traffic quickly. By submitting website to Bing search engine, your site not only is able to drive search traffic from Bing but also from Yahoo search engine as Yahoo get results from Bing. If you want to submit URL to Yahoo and Bing search engines at once, follow this easy-to-follow steps.
If you want to add URL to Yahoo search engine and drive more search traffic, consider verifying your website with Bing webmaster tools. (more on that later in this tutorial)
- Visit this page: http://www.bing.com/docs/submit.aspx
- Now type the text shown in the box.
- Type your website URL, example: http://www.mywebsite.com or http://mywebsite.com
- Click on ‘Submit URL’ button.
Submit Website to Yahoo!
Yahoo! is another popular search engine, which drives traffic to your site. Even though Yahoo gathers search results/indexed data from Bing search database, as its popularity, your website will receive a good amount of traffic from Yahoo after submitting site at Yahoo!.
Here’s how you can add your blog URL to Yahoo search engine to get more Yahoo search traffic.
- Go to the following link: http://search.yahoo.com/info/submit.html
- Now click on “Submit Your Site Free” link.
- You will be redirected to the Bing webmaster tools. Follow its instructions and submit your website to Yahoo.
Actionable Tips: How to Reduce Bounce Rate Of Your Website Step by Step
Submit Website to Baidu
Baidu is a Chinese based search engine. Baidu search engine allows you to submit your site to its search engine.
If you don’t submit your site to Baidu, it will take some time to get some traffic from Baidu.com. If you want to receive more traffic from China and Hong Kong, so the submitting website to Baidu search engine would be a crucial part of it.
Here’s how to add URL to Baidu search engine.
- Go to the following link: http://zhanzhang.baidu.com/sitesubmit/index [You can use the inbuilt translation feature of Google Chrome to translate Chinese text to English language or another available language]
- Just like adding URLs to Google, type your website URL in the space for URL address.
- Also, enter the text shown in the captcha.
- To submit the URL to Baidu search engine, click on “Submit” button.
More Traffic from Search Engines: Image SEO: How to Rank Images on Search Engines
Submit Website to Yandex
Yandex is a Russian-based search engine. Yandex adds new websites to their database by crawling the web regularly. You can speed up this process for your site like you did for the Baidu search engine. The same process goes to Yandex as well.
Here to how to add URL to Yandex search engine.
- Go to the following link: http://webmaster.yandex.com/addurl.xml
- Type your website, blog URL in the text box which asks for the URL address.
- Fill out the captcha text in the text field.
- To submit your website to Yandex database, click on “Add” button.
The Treatment for Low-Traffic Sites: The Beginner's Guide to Check Competitors' SEO Keywords
Submit Website to Ask, AOL, DuckDuckGo, Lycos & Other Search Engines
You don't need to submit your website to other search engines. Once you have added your website to major search engines especially Google, your site will also be shown in other search engines as well.
Because, Google has the largest search index, so search engines like DuckDuckGo use Google's data for its website purposes.
That’s it! You’ve successfully submitted your website to search engines.
These search engine submission tools are free to use. You can visit these pages anytime when you’re ready for making your next search engine submission.
It will take some time to rank your site on the search engine result pages. (as I explained above how search engines rank websites on SERPs) It also depends on the crawling frequency, which will be decided by some factors like posting frequency, the number of quality backlinks, etc.
Alexa traffic stats would help to find the number of backlinks linking to your website. However, to get a detailed backlink report, you should use an advanced SEO tool such as SEMrush. View this guide to learn how to open a free SEMrush Guru account to try out SEMrush features for free.
As it takes some time to index your web pages, sit back and improve your website content. I would recommend using a quality automatic grammar check app such as Grammarly to proofread your content. Therefore, no grammatical errors would be occured.
If you submitted your site more than once, some search engines might/will regard it as a “spamming” activity which is used to manipulate SERP rankings. It could result in not indexing your site at all. So, before hitting the “Submit” button, make sure you had not submitted your website to particular search engine earlier.
One another important thing, though…
If you have added meta nofollow and meta noindex tags, before adding URL to search engines remove them. You can learn further about this case over Google webmaster guidelines.
Should I use automated site submission programs?
Don’t use any automated submission programs to submit your site to multiple search engines at one time. These activities may be considered as spam attempts and search engines like Google could remove your site from their database at sometimes.
Also, you should not submit all addresses of your entire site. Example for http://www.yourwebsite.com, don’t submit http://www.yourwebsite.com/contact/ and http://www.yourwebsite.com/this-is-a-post/, http://www.yourwebsite.com/this-is-a-page/ URLs. Web crawler will index these all of the available pages well.
Always think about the content quality and authority links linking to your site. These signals help search engines to find your site from more than 634 million websites (still growing) and rank web pages in SERPs.
Don’t be selfish, though. Just look at how I linked out to other sites as well. Be a webmaster who actually wants to help people.
Website Submission vs Website Ownership Verification
Although submission of your brand new website to major search engines is looking like easy and very simple, it is not always recommended to submit your site to search engines anonymously.
As SEO (search engine optimization) changes in every day and to manage your website presence in search engines, you must prove your site ownership with major search engines.
I have compiled a few guides establishing ownership with major search engines such as Google, Bing, Baidu, and Yandex.
As a webmaster, I recommend you to read all these articles and follow the steps given. So you can drive more organic traffic from search engines and mainly control website appearance in SERPs.
- Submit Your Website to Google Search Console – This tutorial will walk you through on how to submit your website to Google search Console (formerly known as Google webmaster tools) and increase your website’s search presence.
- Submit Your Website to Bing Webmaster Tools – As you already know Yahoo fetches search data from Bing search engine, you should make use of Bing Webmaster tools to drive quality traffic from both Yahoo and Bing search engines. Don’t forget that Facebook, the most significant online community in the world, uses Bing search results within their internal search tool. Therefore verifying your website ownership with Bing does not only help in driving traffic from Bing and Yahoo but also helps in getting more exposure on Facebook.
- Submit Your Website to Baidu Webmaster Tools – Although, Baidu is a Chinese-based search engine, Baidu is one of top most visited websites in the world, as Alexa metrics. Honestly, it is not easy to drive organic traffic from Baidu. It takes some time. At Pro Blog Tricks, it took almost six months to get enough search traffic from Baidu. So by submitting your website to Baidu database, you can expedite the crawling rate of your blog and increase the number of Chinese languages based traffic.
- Submit Your Website to Yandex Webmaster Tools – Just Like Baidu search engine, Yandex also takes some time to index your website content into their database and rank your site in Yandex search result pages. By following the steps in this article, you can increase the traffic coming from Russia and Ukraine very easily.
So, by now you have good knowledge on how to submit websites to search engines. Here are a few useful blog posts which will help in improving SEO of your blog and increase the organic traffic.
- How to Drive Competitor’s Organic Traffic to Your Website
- How to Find Long Tail Keywords using Long Tail Pro SEO Tool
- Best SEO Tools that can Change Your Blogging Career
- How to Conduct a Competitor Keyword Research Campaign Within Next 5 Minutes
I have shared a few of articles on optimize blog for search engines and ways to drive traffic to websites. Use the search box and find articles you wish to read.
Did this article help you? So give a few seconds to share this post with your friends on social networking sites.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to Pitiya Newsletter to stay up-to-date with new SEO trends and SEO tips.
If you have any question related to search engine submission, share it on the comment form below. I will do my best to help you out.