How to Submit Your Website to Yandex Webmaster Tools
Yandex is one of top five search engines in the world. It has more than 60% of search engine market share in Russia. Like Baidu search engine, Yandex can drive more traffic to your site, even for competitive search terms that are hard to rank for.
Once you’ve properly optimized your website for Yandex search engine, Yandex crawler can index your web pages more efficiently and rank your web pages on Yandex quickly. Many bloggers ignore the importance of Yandex search engine as it is a regional search engine.
But, as a blogger who cares about his/her online business should pay close attention to these search engines. That’s how other successful bloggers have built their blogging foundation strongly.
Although you can add your site to major search engines without registration, I strongly recommend you to have a webmaster account on those search engine websites.
For Google search engine, you can use Google webmaster tools to control the search appearance. For Bing, you can use Bing webmaster tools and use its Keyword tool to find untapped keywords and other ranking potentials.
For Baidu search engine, you can use Baidu webmaster tools to get more traffic from Baidu. Also to get the more traffic from Yandex search engine, you could use Yandex webmaster tools.
These all webmaster tools ask you to verify that you’re the owner of website. In other words, prove your website ownership…
…By verifying your website ownership, search engines identify that you are a contributor of website and you are really careful about the SEO of your site. And, of course, website content too.
In search engine optimization, you have to follow some conditions and dos to optimize your website correctly to search engines.
Different search engines have different search features. Therefore, by adding your website to Yandex webmaster tools, you can make your website adheres to Yandex webmaster guidelines and so drive more search traffic.
Below are some benefits that you will receive if you submit your website to Yandex without registration.
- Check whether your site is indexed by Yandex.
- Analyze your website’s Robots.txt file, which will show that if you’ve prevented Yandex spider from crawling your site or not.
- Report a spam or remove your site listing in the Yandex search engine.
- Validate your sitemap. (This step will help you to find web pages which Yandex spider couldn’t crawl and index content properly.)
- Find for what keywords your website is ranking. (Although you can use a competitor analysis tool like SEMrush, this manual practice will give you an edge over statistics.)
You can submit your website to search engines without registration. However, as a blogger, I recommend you to create your free Yandex webmaster tools account and submit all your websites. That will not only help you to manage all your websites in one dashboard, but also Yandex to find who you are.
What will you receive by submitting your website or blog to Yandex webmaster tools?
Every search engine has huge databases which include tons of data about websites, blogs.
When you add your site to Yandex database, even Yandex crawler identifies that there is a website called ‘http://yourwebsite.com’ in the cyberspace that Yandex didn’t index yet, it can’t control over other things such as keyword optimization, link building, indexing all web pages etc.
Yandex provides a few tools for webmasters to properly optimize websites for search engines and for people.
When you’re a member of Yandex webmaster tools, you can;
- Change the appearance in search results: – This is one of the top features that many webmasters are expecting. How will it look like, if you can change your site’s listing in Yandex search pages? Yes, you can do some things like URL Letter case (ex: – Original: www.problogtricks.com, when edited: www.ProBlogTricks.com, www.PROBLOGTRICKS.com, etc.)
- Set site Geography: – You can set which web pages should appear in certain places. Ex: – If you want to list a certain web page only in New York city (Let’s assume it’s about SEO consulting services in New York), you can set the post region to “New York.”Attention: By setting up the site region feature, your web pages will not show for people in other locations.
- Check search queries your website rank for in Yandex SERPs: – One of the best information you will get from any webmaster tools is keyword data. Assume, you find keywords which people use on Yandex search box before landing to your website. How awesome is it? You can even improve the rankings and CTRs by altering web page title and meta description.
- More in-depth information about website performance.
Submit your site to Yandex webmaster tools and verify your site ownership
Step 1: Go to this web page and create a new Yandex webmaster account for free.
Step 2: Once you have registered and activated your account, Log in to Yandex webmaster tools from here: webmaster.yandex.com
Step 3: Once you have logged into your account, click on “Add Site” link.
Then enter your site URL with or without www. Because they are two different domains. (Ex: – demo.problogtricks.com, tools.problogtricks.com, and code.google.com, fiber.google.com)
Sites already have been added to Yandex webmaster tools will be shown below of input box.
After entering website URL, click on the “Add site” button.
Step 4: In this step, you would be asked to verify your site ownership.
Ways to verify your site ownership
- HTML File Upload: – Create a special web page containing the certain HTML code, that you will be provided. Then upload it to your site’s root directory.
- Meta tag: – Copy and paste meta tag to the header section of your site.
- TXT File: – Create a text file with the certain name which is provided by Yandex and upload it to the root directory of your website.
- DNS setting: – Create a new CNAME under domain DNS settings and add the TXT entry in the DNS.
My suggestion for BlogSpot and Tumblr users (also for other hosted blogging platforms) is to use the meta tag method. It’s easy, and there are minimum chances of getting troubles compared to other verifying methods.
Verify Website Ownership for Self-hosted WordPress blogs
If your website or blog is built with WordPress CMS, you can follow these steps.
- Log into your WordPress admin account and go to Plugins >> Add New.
- Then search for “Yoast WordPress SEO” plugin. After you found it install on your blog. Don’t forget to activate Yoast SEO plugin. After you’ve done it right, you can see an interface like this.
- Go to Yoast SEO Settings >> General. Then select “Webmaster Tools” tab as shown below screenshot.
- Copy and paste the meta tag value you received from Yandex webmaster.
- That’s all. Click on “Save Changes” button.
Step 5: Once you have completed verification, click on “Check” button to find out whether you have correctly verified your website ownership.
It may take a few seconds or a few minutes Yandex to verify your website ownership.
After all, you will receive a message to your Yandex webmaster tools account.
Now you can use their advanced SEO tools to make your site more search engine friendly than before. By following their guidelines, you will be able to drive more traffic from the Yandex search engine.
Any person who comes to your site from the Yandex search engine might be your next customer, subscriber or loyal reader. So don’t overlook these types of regional search engines. They can take your business to the next level absolutely.
Now… What’s Next…?
Submitting Yandex webmaster tools doesn’t guarantee that you’ll get traffic from the next day. You have to optimize your inner content. For your further use, I have incorporated another three webmaster submission guides. You should follow the steps on these tutorials as well if you actually want more traffic from search engines.
- How to Submit Website to Google Search Console
- How to Submit Website and Blog to Bing Webmaster Tools
- How to Submit Website to Baidu Webmaster Tools
Best SEO Articles
Blogspot SEO: The Complete Guide for Bloggers (2019 Update)
What if you can get traffic from search engines as WordPress blogs to your BlogSpot blog? Same traffic. Same People. Same conversion rates? But, Unlike WordPress blog users, you don’t have to pay hundreds of dollars for blog hosting and other search engine optimization packages. If you have a good BlogSpot blog, You don’t need to worry about Bandwidth limit, hacking vuln [...]
How to Submit Your Website to Google, Bing, Yahoo!, Baidu, Yandex
Should I use automated site submission programs?Don’t use any automated submission programs to submit your site to multiple search engines at one time. These activities may be considered as spam attempts and search engines like Google could remove your site from their database at sometimes.Also, you should not submit all addresses of your entire site. Example for http://www.y [...]
The Complete Guide to Tumblr Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Tumblr is the best micro-blogging platform in the world and it grows in every year. It’s a superb platform to create a blog and publish your stuff on the web. But, what about Tumblr search engine optimization or Tumblr SEO? It is sad to say that SEO on Tumblr is terrible. Especially if you're a novice to search engine optimization and blogging, then it would be a [...]
How to get Google Indexed Your Website & Blog Pages under 15 minutes
Yes, you can get Google indexed your website less than 15 minutes. How if Google ranks your new blog posts, web pages every time you publish them? How if people can find your fresh blog post on Google SERPs within a few seconds? In today’s SEO tutorial, you will not only learn why Google does not index your website and how to get search engines to crawl your site, b [...]
Recent Articles about Blogging
September 27, 2019
August 21, 2019
April 24, 2019