In this NEW Yandex Webmaster Tools configuration guide, you will learn…
- How to add your site to Yandex webmaster tools for free
- How to work with the Yandex webmaster toolkit
- How to increase organic traffic of Yandex to your site
Yandex is one of the top five search engines in the world. It has got more than 44% of the search engine market share for the Russian Federation. Like the Baidu search engine, Yandex can drive more traffic to your site, even for competitive search terms that are hard to rank for.
Once you’ve properly optimized your website for the Yandex search engine, the Yandex crawler can index your web pages more efficiently and rank your web pages on Yandex quickly. Many bloggers ignore the Yandex search engine’s importance as a regional search engine.
But, a blogger who cares about his/her online business should pay close attention to these search engines. That’s how other successful bloggers have built their blogging foundation strongly.
Although you can add your site to major search engines without registration, I strongly recommend having a webmaster account on those search engine websites.
You can use Google Search Console’s tools to control the search appearance for the Google search engine. For Bing, you can use Bing webmaster tools and use its Keyword tool to find untapped keywords and other ranking potentials.
For the Baidu search engine, you can use Baidu webmaster tools to get more traffic from Baidu. Also, to get more traffic from the Yandex search engine, you could use Yandex webmaster tools.
All these webmaster tools ask you to verify that you’re the website owner. In other words, prove your website ownership…
…By verifying your website ownership, search engines identify that you are a contributor to the website, and you are really careful about your site’s SEO. And, of course, website content too.
In search engine optimization, you have to follow some conditions and dos to optimize your website correctly to search engines.
Different search engines have different search features. Therefore, by adding your website to Yandex webmaster tools, you can make your website adheres to Yandex webmaster guidelines and drive more search traffic.
Below are some benefits you will receive if you submit your website to Yandex without registration.
- Check whether Yandex indexes your site.
- Analyze your website’s Robots.txt file, which will show if you’ve prevented the Yandex spider from crawling your site or not.
- Report spam or remove your site listing in the Yandex search engine.
- Validate your sitemap. (This step will help you to find web pages that the Yandex spider couldn’t crawl and index content properly.)
- Find what keywords your website is ranking. (Although you can use a competitor analysis tool like Semrush, this manual practice will give you an edge over statistics.)
You can submit your website to search engines without registration. However, as a blogger, I recommend creating your free Yandex webmaster tools account and submitting all your websites. That will help you manage all your websites in one dashboard and Yandex to find who you are.
What will you receive by submitting your website or blog to Yandex webmaster tools?
Every search engine has huge databases that include tons of data about websites and blogs.
When you add your site to the Yandex database, even Yandex crawler identifies a website called ‘http://yourwebsite.com‘ in cyberspace that Yandex didn’t index yet. It can’t control other things such as keyword optimization, link building, indexing all web pages, etc.
Yandex provides a few tools for webmasters to optimize websites for search engines and people properly.
When you’re a member of Yandex webmaster tools, you can;
- Change the appearance in search results: This is one of the top features many web admins expect. What will it look like if you can change your site’s listing on Yandex search pages? Yes, you can do some things like URL Letter case (ex: – Original: www.pitiya.com, when edited: www.Pitiya.com, www.PITIYA.com, etc.)
- Set site Geography: You can set which web pages should appear in certain places. Ex: – If you want to list a specific web page only in New York City (Let’s assume it’s about SEO consulting services in New York), you can set the post region to “New York.” Attention: By setting up the site region feature, your web pages will not show people in other locations.
- Check search queries your website ranks for in Yandex SERPs: Keyword data is one of the best information you will get from any webmaster tools. Assume you find keywords people use on the Yandex search box before landing on your website. How awesome is it? You can improve rankings and CTRs by altering the web page title and meta description.
- More in-depth information about website performance.
Submit your site to Yandex webmaster tools and verify your site ownership
Step 1: Go to this web page and register a new Yandex webmaster account for free. One Yandex account is used for multiple purposes, such as emails, saving files on the cloud, and managing your website on the Yandex webmaster.
Step 2: Once you have registered and activated your account, Log in to Yandex webmaster tools from here: webmaster.yandex.com
Step 3: Once you have logged into your account, click the “Add Site” button.
Then enter your site URL with or without www. Because they are two different domains. (Ex: – www.pitiya.com, links.pitiya.com, and opensource.google.com, fiber.google.com)
Sites already added to Yandex webmaster tools will be shown below the input box. After entering the website URL, click on the “Ad” button.
Step 4: In this step, you will be asked to verify your site ownership.
Ways to verify your site ownership
- HTML File Upload: Create a special web page containing the certain HTML code that Yandex provides you. Then upload it to your site’s root directory.
- Meta Tag: Copy and paste the meta tag to the header section of your site.
- TXT File: Create a text file with a particular name provided by Yandex and upload it to the root directory of your website.
- DNS Setting: – Create a new CNAME under domain DNS settings and add the TXT entry in the DNS.
My suggestion for BlogSpot and Tumblr users (also for other hosted blogging platforms) is to use the meta tag method. It’s easy, and there are fewer chances of getting into trouble than other verifying methods.
Verify Website Ownership for Self-hosted WordPress blogs
You can follow these steps if WordPress CMS powers your website or blog.
- Log into your WordPress admin account and go to Plugins >> Add New.
- Then search for the “Yoast WordPress SE” plugin. After you find it install it on your blog. Don’t forget to activate the Yoast SEO plugin. After you’ve done it right, you can see an interface like this.
- Go to Yoast SEO Settings >> General. Then select the “Webmaster Tool” tab as shown below screenshot.
- Copy and paste the meta tag value you received from the Yandex webmaster.
- That’s all. Click on the “Save Change” button.
Step 5: Once you have completed verification, click the “Check” button to determine whether you have correctly verified your website ownership.
It may take a few seconds or a few minutes for Yandex to verify your website ownership. After all, you will receive a message to your Yandex webmaster tools account.
Now you can use their advanced SEO tools to make your site more search engine-friendly. Following their guidelines can drive more traffic from the Yandex search engine.
Any person who comes to your site from the Yandex search engine might be your next customer, subscriber, or loyal reader. So don’t overlook these types of regional search engines. They can take your business to the next level.
Submitting Yandex webmaster tools doesn’t guarantee you’ll get traffic the next day. You have to optimize your inner content. For your further use, I have incorporated another three webmaster submission guides. You should also follow the steps on these tutorials if you want more traffic from search engines.
- How to Submit Website to Google Search Console
- How to Submit Website and Blog to Bing Webmaster Tools
- How to Submit Website to Baidu Webmaster Tools
After submitting your website to all webmaster tools, you can start engaging in on-page SEO, content marketing, conversion rate optimization, and other Internet marketing aspects.
I currently use Semrush for keyword research, tracking rankings, auditing website SEO, finding competitors’ keywords, etc. Give Semrush a try over here. Learn more in this Semrush review and How to utilize Semrush for Blogging articles.
So why should you exactly optimize websites for search engines? Does it make sense?