Freelance jobs are getting bigger and bigger every year. And the potential of making big money through micro-jobs are higher than ever before.
According to freelance statistics, there are over 1.1 billion freelancers around the world! One billion! 😲
So, how do you take a place from other millions of freelance workers? Especially take an extraordinary place.
Are you a professional writer? Web developer? Graphic designer or a person with no clue anything about how to make money on freelance websites?
In simple words, have ZERO experience in freelance working?
Don’t worry. You are at the right place.
This is the post for;
- Beginners for Freelancing.
- Retires and work at home moms to spend their spare time on a good thing.
- College students who want to make extra cash by doing a part-time job.
- Employees who want to kick-ass their 9-5 daily job.
- Professionals who want to turn their knowledge, talents, and skills into real money.
- Professionals who are finding excellent opportunities to build their online business.
Whether you put into any category above, you will get tons of value from today’s article.
160 of profitable freelancing jobs to make money online from home.
If you have any question, correction or suggestion, please share them on the comment form at the bottom of this page.
If you enjoyed reading this article, found it is helpful, please don’t forget to share this article with your friends. If you are too busy, here are the social sharing buttons.
You know, Sharing is Caring!
High Demand Freelance Jobs to Make Money Online from Home
- High Demand Freelance Jobs to Make Money Online from Home
- Video Marketing
- Design and Creative
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Internet Marketing
- Programming and Developing
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Development
- Coaching & Teaching
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Converting, Translation, and Transcription
- SEM and Online Advertising
- Business & Finance
- Sales & Marketing
- Network Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Conclusion on Freelance Jobs
Video marketing might be probably the hottest and high paying job in the freelance jobs category. With the popularity of YouTube marketing and finding new techniques to increase conversions in online marketing, videography bumped up over other freelancing job types.
For example, you could use a 60-second long attractive video on a sales page instead of 1000s words of a pitch.
Videos are user-friendly. Videos are helpful. People love it. Businesses love it.
Therefore everyone need videos!
If you have a good ability, tools, and resources and of course a desire to be a videographer then you should take a look at these freelance jobs related to video marketing.
- Whiteboard video Animation: The latest trend of video marketing is utilizing whiteboard videos for promotions and campaigns. There are two methods to make whiteboard animations; Hand-written and using the software. The first method is difficult to implement because it takes more time, needs commitment, and experience in most cases. However, using whiteboard video animation software like Explaindio, VideoMakerFX and VideoScribe will make the job easier for you. Even it costs a few dollars per month when considering the amount you will make it cannot be countable.
- Video Editing: Do you have a good skill set for editing videos or make a new one from scratch? Then you should not miss this opportunity. Pricing is ranging from work type and quality, however, in most cases, you can earn a good amount as video editing is crucial for every business.
- Explainer video Creation: Explainer videos are another type of video that has populated over the last few years. The possibilities are unlimited to make money from being an explainer video creator. Some freelance videographers earn $1000+ per explainer video. You can use Explaindio, VideoMakerFx, or Sparkol’s Videoscribe to create explainer videos.
- Testimonials: Some businesses want custom testimonials. So, if you have a good speaking ability and can create professional selfie videos, you can post a job for providing video testimonials. There are a few testimonial gigs on Fiverr. You can check them out to find the potential of video testimonials.
- 2D and 3D video creation: A good niche to make a high income per sale. It has demand. So, you will not ever wait for a customer to appear. You will always get new sales day in and day out.
If you want to start your freelance career and show up quicker, then I suggest you tackle video marketing. Spend 10-20 hours per week on fine-tuning video creation software and ultimately you will find how much it is easy to create a thousand dollars’ worth of animation video in just a few minutes. You just need to locate the strategy behind a successful video creation.
Tools for Video marketing
Here are a few of commonly used tools in video editing and video recording
- Offeo – One of the best product video creation tools for e-commerce sites.
- Camtasia – Best screen recording software.
- Adobe Premiere – Most popular video editing software.
- VideoScribe – Whiteboard animation creation software
- Animatron Studio – Create cartoon-style videos
Design and Creative
The graphic design industry is never going to die. With the immense opportunities and different types of freelancing jobs, you can earn a good amount of income through designing graphics for clients in various industries including eCommerce, online marketing, and offline marketing.
Even a small gig such as logo design can costlier anything between $10 – $250 (and even more sometimes). By using specific tools and after getting a good knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, you can get sale after sale with recurring customers.
Here are a few freelancing jobs in Design and Creative Category.
- Graphic Design: From creating small banner advertisements to productive graphic designs, there are hundreds of sub-categories on Graphic design. You just need to tap into one sub-category one time and master it. Then amplify your skills and make the crowd want to hire you.
- Photo Editing: Although having a luxury and expensive camera does not mean that the person who owns it is a photo editing geek. Spending some time getting your hands dirty with your photo editing software will polish your abilities of photo editing. Selling your skills as a service on a freelance website will earn you a few bucks per project. Don’t forget to take a few minutes to examine your competitors’ prices as this will help you get a clue on how much money you can make as a freelance photo editor.
- Logo Design: Are you a real artist? Come handy thoughts every time you brainstorm ideas? Then this Logo design industry might change your life. With a small knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other logo design software, you can make considerable income through logo design. If you do not believe me, check out a freelance website. Even in Fiverr, some logo designers make more than $50 per sale combined with gig extras.
- Art-works: Hand drawn pictures always take people’s attention. This type of job is underground. So search a few software and post a job on a freelance website to find out how many people are waiting for getting their face drawn by you!
If you want to start your freelance career and show up quicker, then I suggest you tackle it with video marketing. Spend 10-20 hours per week on fine-tuning video creation software and ultimately you will find how much it is easy to create a thousand dollars’ worth of animation video in just a few minutes. You just need to locate the strategy behind a successful video creation.
Tools for Graphic Design
Content marketing is a relatively new industry considering other marketing tactics, yet it is a HIGH demanding industry. Lots of opportunities to make money as a freelancer.
Why is content marketing becoming so popular in every year?
- Content marketing is the new SEO.
- B2C and B2C companies pay their attention to content marketing over traditional advertising techniques to acquire new customers. Because of ROI (Return on Investment) of content marketing is higher than paid advertising in the long-term.
- Content marketing builds brand awareness and credibility.
- Content marketing drives more sales than social media marketing.
Every business wants content. That is the reality. So No wonder, demand for content marketing increased by 136 percent compared to last year.
Here are a few freelancing jobs that you can do to make some extra money as a part-time worker or a full-time worker.
- Blog writing: Are you a good writer? Do you have a good ability for story-telling? Then, believe me, this industry is for YOU. Don’t dismiss this offer; many freelancers have built their online business after writing content for big blogs and magazines. Not only writing for blogs will give you more money, but also new long-term customers too.
- GhostWriting: When you do a piece of work, as a freelance writer you also have all rights to work. However, some bloggers do not like to have other names pop up on their blogs. They believe that it decreases the value of the post. However, in Ghostwriting, you write articles for clients and they retain all rights to the work. Select this option only if you want to make some quick cash online.
- Press releases: Are you a native English writer? Want to write for online magazines. Then check out press releases jobs to make extra cash using your writing skills.
- Infographics: The latest method of distribution content, having a large number of opportunities in the marketplace for creative infographic creators. If you are familiar with Illustrator and artistic design, then look for opportunities in freelance marketplaces.
Content marketing is the blood of every business now either it is a local business or an online business. The demand for a freelance writer is enormous. It is getting better and better for creative writers.
The best part is you do not need specific tools to make money as a freelance article writer. Microsoft Word or any other word-processing program such as Libre Office is enough.
If you want to build a solid online presence while making a good salary every month, then I recommend you to select Content marketing as your field.
Content Marketing Tools for freelancing
- ContentStudio – Discover content ideas, write articles, and publish content directly inside ContentStudio. Learn more in our Content Studio review.
- RelayThat – Generate quick blog featured images, social media graphics. Learn more in our RelayThat review.
Freelance writing is a never decreasing area in all freelance niches. If you want to be self-employed and make your online empire, so starting with writing for other people is a superb idea.
Because writing not only polishes your writing skills but also grow the knowledge too.
The only thing that others cannot steal is knowledge, right?
Even in the future, you may start a blog to make some passive income. If you are interested in making a blog for a little cost, check out Bluehost WordPress Hosting. They offer a special discount for ProBlogTricks fans!
So, here are other ways to make money being a freelance writer.
- Article Writing: If you are a good writer and have the ambition to make a living in writing, you can do it. There are tons of job opportunities on freelance websites such as Freelancer, UpWork (previously oDesk), Guru, and Fiverr. Just find your talent and skilled niche and offer a reasonable price to get your first few sales. As time goes, you will find sales come after the sale.
- Legal letters/documents: Do you have a perfect knowledge of the law? If your answer is “yes,” then check out home-based job opportunities in freelancing websites related to legal writing.
- EBook Writing: Many busy internet marketers want to get things done pretty quickly. They might not have the time to involve in everything of their business. So, they hire freelancers who have experience in certain niches. For example, weight loss is a non-dying, yet high-demand niche. Everyone wants to lose weight. A small eBook will help internet marketers to hook up people by giving away weight loss tips. Pricing is always good in eBook writing because some marketers want to pay any amount to get eBooks written very quickly.
- Proofreading: People need quality content. So, the demand for high-quality proofreaders is higher than any other day. Even though there are tens of punctuation checkers, grammar checker tools to correct grammatical mistakes, they cannot fix everything. You can make a real income being a professional proofreader. The choice is in your hand.
- Handbook writing: Not so modern, but still a good niche to hanging on to. It takes some time to compile a complete book, but results are aspiring.
- Resumes: Many small businesses want to hire people who are talented in writing attractive resumes. Prices are ranging. You can still make a good income by creating resumes for clients.
- Essay and CV creation: From small gigs to large projects, you can find there are lots of opportunities to make money writing compositions and creating biographies for others.
Freelance writing tools
- Any word processing program you have. (Ex: Microsoft Office) or Google Docs
- Grammarly: Grammarly is an automatic proofreader, grammar checker, and similar word finding tool. If you wish for another tool like Grammarly, check out these alternatives.
Copywriting is another hot niche in freelance markets. A good sales copy can boost conversions at the roof.
You need specific writing skills and the ability to hook readers into a buying mood. That is every client expects a good sales copy.
Here are a few freelance copywriting job types.
- Sales Copy/ Sales writing: The most popular field of copywriting field. Marketers are willing to pay any amount for a good high converting sales copy. If you want to find out some great works, then check out some Clickbank or JVZoo offers. Freelance copywriters write some high converting (in the case of ClickBank, the parameter is Gravity) sales copies. You might not be able to find the copywriter, but you can get an idea of how far the copywriter skilled in copywriting.
- Landing page Copywriting: Some people want to rewrite, not equal, but similar landing page for a high converting one. With the use of writing skills, you can post a job on freelance workplaces to lure some long term customers.
- Blog Article Copywriting: This is another field of copywriting. If you have experience in a particular field, then blog copywriting is might be for you. Check freelance websites to find out projects that ask for rewrite articles that are published on another blog.
You need the commitment to have a good, high converting sales copy. So, if you are a good writer and want to be a copywriter, check out copywriting projects on freelance websites.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is another hot field on freelance categories with high demand. Every business wants to get their website SEO-friendly, increase search engine rankings.
As there are more than 200 search engine ranking factors used by Google, you have almost more than 200 freelance job opportunities.
Here are a few noticeable freelance SEO jobs for part-time and full-time workers.
- On-page Optimization: On-page SEO is prominent when it comes to optimizing websites for search engines. Yes, search engine submission also matters. However, many intelligent marketers know that, as described in Google’s High-quality content guideline, on-page SEO is the first choice for any SEO. So, if you have a good knowledge of SEO techniques, and have experience in working on content management systems such as WordPress, then look for customers who want to optimize their websites on-page.
- Link Building: As still, Google’s first ranking factor is “outbound” links, there is already a number of white-hat, grey-hat, and black-hat link building gigs on the web.
- Social Bookmarking
- Technical SEO
- SEO experts
SEO tools for freelancers
You can use these tools and software as a part of your SEO campaigns.
- Semrush toolkit — Semrush is the most popular search engine marketing tool for SEO and SEM. Learn more in our Semrush review.
- Long Tail Pro — LongTailPro is a long-tail keywords research tool. Learn more in this review.
- BrandOverflow — Another all-in-one SEO tool for bloggers, freelancers, and digital marketers. Their agency plans include Whitelabel reports so that you can sell to your clients without branding.
- SEO Powersuite — One of the best SEO software for freelancers and digital marketers.
- LongTail Pro vs Semrush: What is the best keyword research tool?
- Semrush Pricing: What does Semrush cost?
- Long Tail Pro alternatives
With some great most popular sub-fields on the entire web such as affiliate marketing and even new fields such as viral marketing and there are in fact tons of ways for freelancers to make an additional income through internet marketing.
I am not going to very detailed on each topic. But, I guess you get the idea and the opportunities you can utilize to find a good freelance job.
- Affiliate Marketing – Offer affiliate marketing funnels and support to make money by promoting other people’s products.
- Conversion Rate Optimization – Provide services related to conversion rate optimization on lead generation, customer acquisition funnels, etc.,
- Sales Funnel building – Use your expertise in funnel building and deliver personalized funnels for clients.
- Dropshipping – Set up the dropshipping business for freelance clients.
- Growth Hacking – Build giveaways and deliver growth hacking services as a freelancer.
- eCommerce – Build E-commerce websites by using WordPress with Woocommerce or Shopify and deliver to clients. Offer Aliexpress, Esty, and Amazon shops integration.
- Product and service reviews – Offer product reviews for clients
- Buy and selling
- CPA marketing – Provide services related to Cost per Action marketing. Some are CPA network approval, landing page creations, affiliate tracker software such as Voluum integration, etc.
- Email Marketing – Offer email marketing services such as making email drip sequences, lead magnets, etc.
- Lead Generation – Help generate leads from clients’ websites and blogs by using tools such as Convertful.
- Viral Marketing – Help businesses grow their potential with word-of-mouth marketing by holding sweepstakes and evergreen referral campaigns. Use Upviral and GrowSurf tools to build giveaway campaigns.
- Joint Ventures
- Solo Advertising — Selling solo ads can be profitable for you and your clients. People are looking for ways to buy targeted solo ad traffic. Become a solo ads dealer and sell your services on networks such as Udimi.
- Site Flipping — Build sites and sell to your clients.
- PBN Building – PBN stands for Private Blog Network. There are freelancers who offer to make PBN network as a service. This will take some time but also can make you a higher amount of money.
- Landing page creations – You can create Opt-in (signup), thank-you, blog post pages for clients and make money. Use a tool like Brizy to build your landing page at a low cost.
- Traffic generation – Provide traffic to your client as a service.
- Online Courses – Create courses for your customers.
- Podcast – Help to make podcasts to people and make money.
- SMS marketing – Set up SMS marketing funnels.
Internet marketing is evolving every day and month. I cannot count how many job opportunities for you to make money as a freelancer developing talent in Internet Marketing.
For example, in email marketing, there are many possibilities to make online money freelancing such as building email newsletters, email autoresponders, and API configuration for various plugins, and even set up the lead magnet.
Internet marketing tools for freelance jobs
- Convertful – Convertful is an all-in-one tool to make surveys, opt-in forms, notifications, and more! Learn more in our review on Convertful.
- Clickfuennls – One of the most popular funnel builders out there with over 100,000 customers.
- Brizy – One of the best alternative landing page builders to Clickfunnels
- ThriveCart – #1 online cart platform and one of the best alternatives to Samcart.
- Omnify – Create courses and sell
- Shopify – Create your online shop
- Replug – Shorten links and track conversions
- GrowSurf – Build professional giveaways and referral campaigns for clients
- Gist – One of the best CRM and marketing automation tools for marketers and freelancers
- Integrately – One of the best task automation tools with reasonable pricing. Learn more in our Integrately review.
- Best digital marketing agency tools for marketers
- Gist guide: How to set it up properly
- Best URL shortening services for marketers
With the ever-evolving technology which is Information and Communication Technology, many businesses want to hire people who have good knowledge and skills in programming and development.
Here are a few job opportunities to make a steady income from home.
- Software Creation and Development – Use tools like Figma to optimize your apps.
- API developing – Offer services to build API for SaaS companies
- Program language experts: Java, Python, C++ – Provide services to build and optimize software programs.
- Android, iOS, and Huawei developers – Deliver app development services for Android, iOS, and Huawei OS.
- Data scrapping – Write codes to scrape content from the web.
- WordPress developers – Make money by offering freelance gigs related to WordPress development.
- Ajax and Jquery developers
- MySQL, Magneto, and Bootstrap developers
- Shopping Card developers
- Operating Systems developers
- Game programming and Game development
- Google App Engine experts
- Joomla experts
- Framework developers
- Mobile App Development
- Network Programming experts
- OAuth/SSO Setup
- Oracle programmers and developers
- SQL Programmers
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is an excellent way to build brand awareness and capture new customers to the business.
Every type of company nowadays utilizes social networks to amplify its marketing reach. Over time, social media marketing has become more complicated, so new opportunities have born for freelance workers.
Here are a few freelance job types related to social media marketing.
- Social Media Optimization – Offer services that optimize websites and blogs for social media networks.
- Content creation and curation – Post scheduling and content creation are some of the most popular freelance jobs in this category.
- Facebook marketing experts – Help growing Facebook fan base, organic post reach, and group management.
- YouTube marketing experts – Provide services such as video creations, YouTube thumbnail making, etc.
- Twitter marketing experts – Help increase Twitter followers
- Linkedin marketing experts – Deliver services such as LinkedIn lead generation.
- Business page managers
- Personal branding services – Includes services such as brand promotion through services such as social media giveaway campaigns.
Social media marketing is not too hard to start. However, like other freelance online jobs, you should have built specific skills to become more attractive to clients. That is how you can start and grow your freelance career at a rapid speed.
Social Media Marketing tools for freelance jobs
- ContentStudio – One of the best social media marketing tools out there. It has features such as content discovery, curation, social media post scheduling, inbox for all social media channels.
- Awario – One of the best brand mention monitoring tools for marketers and freelancers.
- Crello – Make attention-grabbing graphics for social media
- Offeo – One of the best product video making tools. If you are looking for a tool that can replace software like Adobe Premiere, this one is for you.
- Pixteller – Another animated image generator for markers. Learn in our Pixteller review.
- Stencil – One of the easiest graphic makers. I use this for making quick YouTube thumbnails. Learn more in our Stencil app review.
There are already millions of websites on the entire Internet. Still, hundreds of new websites and blogs are created every day for different purposes.
That is why website building and development is such a field with tons of available job opportunities. Here are a few of those important job boards.
- CMS experts (ex: WordPress, Ghost, Drupal, Joomla)
- Website Designers
- WooCommerce developers
- Membership site builders
Freelance tools for website development
The online consultation is probably the best way for any startup to start its own business. Many people fail at their first race due to not having a proper guideline, from an experienced person.
If you have experienced in any field, you can start providing consultation services for money. Here are a few topics that are very popular these days.
- Parental consultation
- Internet marketing consultation
- SEO consultation
- Blogging consultation
- Social media marketing consultation
Many consultants earn $100+ per hour. So, this is an excellent way to make additional income while you are helping others to succeed by sharing your experience.
Coaching & Teaching
Coaching is one of the best freelancing jobs in the world. The best part is only a few have involved in this industry. They crush it and make a good monthly salary while only working a few hours per week. So, if you are looking for a flexible freelance job, this is for you.
However, you have to have specific skills such as teaching ability, a good experience of what you are teaching or coaching.
Here are a few coaching jobs for any person who is looking for a flexible freelance job online.
- Online teaching (single/group)
- Self-safe coaching
- Blogging coach
- E-Marketing coaching
- Business coaching
Online marketing and business management are not easy to do. When a company is becoming, bigger and bigger more issues come around such as poor customer service.
That is why administrative support has grown fast within last 5-10 years.
Here are a few lucrative freelance jobs related to the administrative support niche.
- Virtual Assistant jobs
- Customer service Agents
- Skype Assistants
- Helpdesk workers
- Forum managers
- Blog management
- Social media account managers
- Call agents
Data Entry jobs have survived during the last few decades. It is still and will be in the future too. Even there are tons of software to automate every process; still, the demand for data entry jobs is high.
Here are a few hot data entry jobs for colleges, students, housewives, part-time workers, and even professionals who need some quick cash.
- Word Processing
- Data Monitoring
- Data extracting
- Presentation and PDF creation
Converting, Translation, and Transcription
One of the uncomplicated freelance jobs for any person to start up. Are you a stay-at-home mom? Or a college student who wants to make an additional income to pay bills, class fees?
Then check out these profitable freelance jobs that pay well.
- Language translation
- Voice Over
- Text to voice
- Voice to text
- PDF to epub, HTML, TXT, DOC
- PSD to HTML
- DOC to PDF
SEM and Online Advertising
SEM or Search Engine Marketing involves everything including PPC advertising.
The chances are enormous for you to find a good freelance job in this niche. However, like other most freelance niches, clients want to know your skills and previous works.
So, it is better off being a freelance work if you are a search engine marketer and an online advertising expert.
Here are a few ethical freelance job positions to make money from home.
- Adwords experts
- Pay-per-Click marketing experts
- PPV experts
- Banner advertising
- Facebook advertising
- Competitor analysis expert
- CRO expert
Business & Finance
The industry that most large companies need. If you are a charted accountant, Engineer, a professional teacher in business and finance, then you can evolve in freelancing jobs of business and finance to make a substantial income.
Here are a few freelance jobs you can engage in without investment.
- Business Analytics expert
- Excel experts
- Business planning analysts
- Statistics Analysts
- Tax Preparation Specialist
- Financial Forecasters & Modelers
- Accounting Assistants
- LinkedIn Recruiters
- Budgeting & Forecasting Contractors
- Bookkeeping Assistants
Sales & Marketing
Large firms want people who are specialized in the sales and marketing industry. There are only a few freelance jobs in this category. So, competition is not a problem.
Here are some of the freelancing jobs for marketing professionals.
- Marketing Research
- Competitor analysis
- Direct marketing experts
- Outbound marketing experts
- Brand strategy builders
- Inbound marketing experts
- Business Audit
- Project management
This is not a freelance-typed job. However, mentoring is somewhat that goes beyond consultation and coaching.
Even a good coacher is not a good mentor. That is why it is so difficult to find a good mentor nowadays.
Here are a few ways how mentors make money.
- Personal development (persona, spiritual, behavior development)
- Marketing strategy development (business plans, leadership development)
Network Marketing or Multi-level Marketing (MLM) is a pyramid scheme. Even though many people talk bad things about Network marketing, great people such as Bill Gates, Donald Trump (a Network Marketing giant) and Robert Kiyosaki (Author of Rich Dad or Poor Dad book) say good things about Network Marketing.
If you have done MLM previously and want to make an additional income just sharing your personal experience and techniques to grow downline, here are a few freelance jobs related to Mult-Level Marketing.
- MLM experts
- MLM coaching
One of the great things about the internet is you can find numerous ways to make money online. Freelance is one of them.
Here are a few of those hundreds of ways to be a freelance worker in the online marketing industry.
- Craigslist posting
- Classified advertising
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS development
- Competitor Analysis
- Product creation: Plugin, Software, Video courses
With the speedy growth of mobile device users over the last few years, marketers have paid close attention to mobile marketing.
As a freelancer, you can make a real income through mobile marketing too.
Here are a few ways to earn money by engaging in freelance jobs related to mobile marketing.
- Mobile app development
- Mobile Games development
- Mobile advertising experts
- Mobile Application promotion experts
- Beta testers
Conclusion on Freelance Jobs
One proven way to start your online business is building a good rapport with your customers, by converting them into long-term clients. The best way to be self-employed and do a remote job is to find a freelance job that pays well.
There are tons of freelance niches. However, not all pay you well and don’t have the buyers’ crowd.
You can victory freelance marketing by building a good talent, having the commitment, perseverance, and building anticipation to reach success.
Select one of the above freelance jobs and master it first. You have Google who can help you become the next marketer. You are just a few searches away to find them.
Let me know why you want to find a good freelance job? If you already have one, we would like to know your experience. Share your thoughts through the comment form below.