Freelance jobs are getting bigger and bigger every year. And the potential of making big money through micro-jobs is higher than ever before.
According to freelance statistics, there are over 1.1 billion freelancers around the world! One billion! 😲
So, how do you take place from other millions of freelance workers? Especially take an extraordinary place.
Are you a professional writer? Web developer? Graphic designer or a person with no clue anything about how to make money on freelance websites?
In simple words, have ZERO experience in freelance working?
Don’t worry. You are at the right place.
This is the post for;
- Beginners for Freelancing.
- Retires and work-at-home moms spend their spare time on a good thing.
- College students who want to make extra cash by doing a part-time job.
- Employees who want to kick-ass their 9-5 daily job.
- Professionals who want to turn their knowledge, talents, and skills into real money.
- Professionals who are finding excellent opportunities to build their online business.
Whether you put it into any category above, you will get tons of value from today’s article.
160 profitable freelancing jobs to make money online from home.
If you have any questions, corrections, or suggestions, please share them on the comment form at the bottom of this page.
If you enjoyed reading this article and found it helpful, please don’t forget to share it with your friends. If you are too busy, here are the social sharing buttons.
You know, Sharing is Caring!
High Demand Freelance Jobs to Make Money Online from Home
- High Demand Freelance Jobs to Make Money Online from Home
- Video Marketing
- Design and Creative
- Content Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Internet Marketing
- Programming and Developing
- Social Media Marketing
- Website Development
- Coaching & Teaching
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Converting, Translation, and Transcription
- SEM and Online Advertising
- Business & Finance
- Sales & Marketing
- Network Marketing
- Online Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Conclusion on Freelance Jobs
Video marketing might be probably the hottest and high-paying job in the freelance jobs category. With the popularity of YouTube marketing and finding new techniques to increase conversions in online marketing, videography bumped up over other freelancing job types.
For example, you could use a 60-second long attractive video on a sales page instead of 1000s words of a pitch.
Videos are user-friendly. Videos are helpful. People love it. Businesses love it.
Therefore everyone needs videos!
If you have a good ability, tools, and resources and, of course, a desire to be a videographer, then you should take a look at these freelance jobs related to video marketing.
- Whiteboard video Animation: The latest trend in video marketing is utilizing whiteboard videos for promotions and campaigns. There are two methods to make whiteboard animations; Hand-written and using software. The first method is difficult to implement because it takes more time and requires commitment and experience in most cases. However, using whiteboard video animation software like Explaindio, VideoMakerFX and VideoScribe will make the job easier for you. Even if it costs a few dollars per month, it cannot be countable considering the amount you will make.
- Video Editing: Do you have a good skill set for editing videos or making a new one from scratch? Then you should not miss this opportunity. Pricing ranges from work type and quality. However, you can earn a good amount in most cases, as video editing is crucial for every business.
- Explainer video Creation: Explainer videos are another type of video populated over the last few years. The possibilities are unlimited to make money from being an explainer video creator. Some freelance videographers earn $1000+ per explainer video. To create explainer videos, you can use Explaindio, VideoMakerFx, or Sparkol’s Videoscribe.
- Testimonials: Some businesses want custom testimonials. So, if you have good speaking ability and can create professional selfie videos, you can post a job for providing video testimonials. There are a few testimonial gigs on Fiverr. You can check them out to find the potential of video testimonials.
- 2D and 3D video creation: A good niche to make a high income per sale. It has demand. So, you will not ever wait for a customer to appear. You will always get new sales day in and day out.
If you want to start your freelance career and show up quicker, I suggest tackling video marketing. Spend 10-20 hours per week on fine-tuning video creation software, and ultimately you will find how much it is easy to create a thousand dollars worth of animation video in just a few minutes. You just need to locate the strategy behind a successful video creation.
Tools for Video marketing
Here are a few of the commonly used tools in video editing and video recording
- Offeo – One of the best product video creation tools for e-commerce sites.
- Camtasia – Best screen recording software.
- Adobe Premiere – Most popular video editing software.
- VideoScribe – Whiteboard animation creation software
- Animatron Studio – Create cartoon-style videos
Design and Creative
The graphic design industry is never going to die. With the immense opportunities and different types of freelancing jobs, you can earn a good amount of income through designing graphics for clients in various industries, including eCommerce, online marketing, and offline marketing.
Even small gigs such as logo design can become costlier, anything between $10 – $250 (and even more sometimes). By using specific tools and after getting a good knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, you can get sale after sale with recurring customers.
Here are a few freelancing jobs in Design and Creative Category.
- Graphic Design: From creating small banner advertisements to productive graphic designs, there are hundreds of sub-categories for Graphic design. You need to tap into one sub-category one time and master it. Then amplify your skills and make the crowd want to hire you.
- Photo Editing: Although having a luxury and expensive camera does not mean that the person who owns it is a photo editing geek. Spending some time getting your hands dirty with your photo editing software will polish your photo editing abilities. Selling your skills as a service on a freelance website will earn you a few bucks per project. Don’t forget to take a few minutes to examine your competitors’ prices, as this will help you get a clue on how much money you can make as a freelance photo editor.
- Logo Design: Are you a real artist? Come handy thoughts every time you brainstorm ideas? Then this Logo design industry might change your life. With a small knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and other logo design software, you can make considerable income through logo design. If you do not believe me, check out a freelance website. Even on Fiverr, some logo designers make more than $50 per sale combined with gig extras.
- Artworks: Hand-drawn pictures always take people’s attention. This type of job is underground. So search a few software and post a job on a freelance website to find out how many people are waiting to get their faces drawn by you!
If you want to start your freelance career and show up quicker, I suggest tackling it with video marketing. Spend 10-20 hours per week on fine-tuning video creation software, and ultimately you will find how much it is easy to create a thousand dollars worth of animation video in just a few minutes. You just need to locate the strategy behind a successful video creation.
Tools for Graphic Design
Content marketing is a relatively new industry considering other marketing tactics, yet it is highly demanding. Lots of opportunities to make money as a freelancer.
Why is content marketing becoming so popular every year?
- Content marketing is the new SEO.
- B2C and B2C companies pay attention to content marketing over traditional advertising techniques to acquire new customers because the ROI (Return on Investment) of content marketing is higher than paid advertising in the long term.
- Content marketing builds brand awareness and credibility.
- Content marketing drives more sales than social media marketing.
Every business wants content. That is the reality. So No wonder demand for content marketing increased by 136 percent compared to last year.
Here are a few freelancing jobs you can do to make extra money as a part-time or full-time worker.
- Blog writing: Are you a good writer? Do you have a good ability for story-telling? Then, this industry is for YOU. Please don’t dismiss this offer; many freelancers have built their online businesses after writing content for big blogs and magazines. Not only writing for blogs will give you more money, but also new long-term customers too.
- Ghostwriting: When you do a job as a freelance writer, you also have all rights to work. However, some bloggers dislike having other names pop up on their blogs. They believe that it decreases the value of the post. However, in Ghostwriting, you write articles for clients and retain all rights to the work. Select this option only if you want to make some quick cash online.
- Press releases: Are you a native English writer? Want to write for online magazines? Then check out press releases jobs to make extra cash using your writing skills.
- Infographics: The latest distribution content method has a large number of opportunities in the marketplace for creative infographic creators. If you are familiar with Illustrator and artistic design, look for freelance marketplace opportunities.
Content marketing is the blood of every business now, whether it is a local business or an online business. The demand for a freelance writer is enormous. It is getting better and better for creative writers.
The best part is you do not need specific tools to make money as a freelance article writer. Microsoft Word or any other word-processing program such as Libre Office is enough.
If you want to build a solid online presence while making a good salary every month, I recommend selecting content marketing as your field.
Content Marketing Tools for freelancing
- ContentStudio – Discover content ideas, write articles, and publish content directly inside ContentStudio. Learn more in our Content Studio review.
- RelayThat – Generate quick blog featured images and social media graphics. Learn more in our RelayThat review.
Freelance writing is a never decreasing area in all freelance niches. If you want to be self-employed and make your online empire, so starting with writing for other people is a superb idea.
Because writing not only polishes your writing skills but also grows your knowledge.
The only thing that others cannot steal is knowledge, right?
Even in the future, you may start a blog to make some passive income. If you are interested in making a blog for a little cost, check out Bluehost WordPress Hosting. They offer a special discount for Pitiya fans!
So, here are other ways to make money being a freelance writer.
- Article Writing: If you are a good writer and are ambitious to make a living in writing, you can do it. There are many job opportunities on freelance websites such as Freelancer, UpWork (previously oDesk), Guru, and Fiverr. Find your talent and skilled niche and offer a reasonable price to get your first few sales. As time goes by, you will find sales come after the sale.
- Legal letters/documents: Do you have a perfect knowledge of the law? If your answer is “yes,” check out home-based job opportunities on freelancing websites related to legal writing.
- EBook Writing: Many busy internet marketers want to get things done quickly. They might not have the time to involve in everything in their business. So, they hire freelancers who have experience in specific niches. For example, weight loss is a non-dying yet high-demand niche. Everyone wants to lose weight. A small eBook will help internet marketers to hook up people by giving away weight loss tips. Pricing is always reasonable in eBook writing because some marketers want to pay any amount to get eBooks written very quickly.
- Proofreading: People need quality content. So, the demand for high-quality proofreaders is higher than on any other day. Even though there are tens of punctuation and grammar checker tools to correct grammatical mistakes, they cannot fix everything. You can make a real income from being a professional proofreader. The choice is in your hand.
- Handbook writing: Not so modern, but still a good niche to hang on to. It takes some time to compile a complete book, but the results are inspiring.
- Resumes: Many small businesses want to hire talented people to write attractive resumes. Prices range. You can still make a good income by creating resumes for clients.
- Essay and CV creation: From small gigs to large projects, you can find many opportunities to make money writing compositions and creating biographies for others.
Freelance writing tools
- Any word processing program you have. (Ex: Microsoft Office) or Google Docs
- Grammarly: Grammarly is an automatic proofreader, grammar checker, and similar word-finding tool. If you wish for another tool like Grammarly, check out these alternatives. Also, if you have a team of writers, check out Grammarly Business plans.
- Nimbus: Save notes, create documents, clip web pages, and more.
Copywriting is another hot niche in freelance markets. A good sales copy can boost conversions on the roof.
You need specific writing skills and the ability to hook readers into a buying mood. That is, every client expects a good sales copy.
Here are a few freelance copywriting job types.
- Sales Copy/ Sales writing: The most popular field of copywriting field. Marketers are willing to pay any amount for a good high, converting sales copy. If you want to find some great works, check out some Clickbank or JVZoo offers. Freelance copywriters write some high converting (in the case of ClickBank, the parameter is Gravity) sales copies. You might not be able to find a copywriter, but you can get an idea of how far the copywriter is skilled in copywriting.
- Landing page Copywriting: Some people want to rewrite, not equal, but similar landing page for a high converting one. With writing skills, you can post a job on freelance workplaces to lure some long-term customers.
- Blog Article Copywriting: This is another field of copywriting. If you have experience in a particular field, then blog copywriting might be for you. Check freelance websites to find out projects that ask for rewriting articles that are published on another blog.
You need the commitment to have a good, high-converting sales copy. So, if you are a good writer and want to be a copywriter, check out copywriting projects on freelance websites.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
This is another hot field in freelance categories with high demand. Every business wants to get their website SEO-friendly and increase search engine rankings.
As Google uses more than 200 search engine ranking factors, you have almost 200 freelance job opportunities.
Here are a few noticeable freelance SEO jobs for part-time and full-time workers.
- On-page Optimization: On-page SEO is prominent when it comes to optimizing websites for search engines. Yes, search engine submission also matters. However, many intelligent marketers know that, as described in Google’s High-quality content guideline, on-page SEO is the first choice for any SEO. So, if you have a good knowledge of SEO techniques, and have experience working on content management systems such as WordPress, then look for customers who want to optimize their websites on-page.
- Link Building: As still, Google’s first ranking factor is “outbound” links, there are already several white-hat, grey-hat, and black-hat link-building gigs on the web.
- Social Bookmarking
- Technical SEO
- SEO experts
SEO tools for freelancers
You can use these tools and software as a part of your SEO campaigns.
- Semrush toolkit — Semrush is the most popular search engine marketing tool for SEO and SEM. Learn more in our Semrush review.
- Long Tail Pro — LongTailPro is a long-tail keyword research tool. Learn more in this review.
- BrandOverflow — Another all-in-one SEO tool for bloggers, freelancers, and digital marketers. Their agency plans include Whitelabel reports so that you can sell to your clients without branding. Check this review of BrandOverflow SEO tools to learn more.
- SEO Powersuite — One of the best SEO software for freelancers and digital marketers.
- LongTail Pro vs Semrush: What is the best keyword research tool?
- Semrush Pricing: What does Semrush cost?
- Long Tail Pro alternatives
With some great, most popular sub-fields on the entire web, such as affiliate marketing and even new fields such as viral marketing, freelancers can make an additional income through internet marketing.
I am not going to be very detailed on each topic. But, I guess you get the idea and the opportunities you can utilize to find a good freelance job.
- Affiliate Marketing – Offer affiliate marketing funnels and support to make money by promoting other people’s products.
- Conversion Rate Optimization – Provide services related to conversion rate optimization on lead generation, customer acquisition funnels, etc.,
- Sales Funnel Building – Use your expertise in funnel building and deliver personalized funnels for clients.
- Dropshipping – Set up the drop shipping business for freelance clients.
- Growth Hacking – Build giveaways and deliver growth hacking services as a freelancer.
- eCommerce – Build E-commerce websites using WordPress with Woocommerce or Shopify and deliver to clients. Offer Aliexpress, Esty, and Amazon shops integration.
- Product and service reviews – Offer product reviews for clients
- Buy and selling
- CPA marketing – Provide services related to Cost per Action marketing. Some are CPA network approval, landing page creations, affiliate tracker software such as Voluum integration, etc.
- Email Marketing – Offer email marketing services such as making email drip sequences, lead magnets, etc.
- Lead Generation – Help generate leads from clients’ websites and blogs by using tools such as Convertful.
- Viral Marketing – Help businesses grow their potential with word-of-mouth marketing by holding sweepstakes and evergreen referral campaigns. Use Upviral (read the review from here) and GrowSurf tools to build giveaway campaigns.
- Joint Ventures
- Solo Advertising — Selling solo ads can be profitable for you and your clients. People are looking for ways to buy targeted solo ad traffic. Become a solo ads dealer and sell your services on networks such as Udimi. Here is a review on Udimi for sellers and buyers.
- Site Flipping — Build sites and sell to your clients.
- PBN Building – PBN stands for Private Blog Network. Some freelancers offer to make the PBN network a service. This will take some time but can also make you more money.
- Landing page creations – You can create Opt-in (signup), thank-you, blog post pages for clients, and make money. Use a tool like Brizy to build your landing page cheaply.
- Traffic generation – Provide traffic to your client as a service.
- Online Courses – Create courses for your customers.
- Podcast – Help to make podcasts for people and make money.
- SMS marketing – Set up SMS marketing funnels.
Internet marketing is evolving every day and month. I cannot count how many job opportunities you can make as a freelancer developing talent in Internet Marketing.
For example, in email marketing, there are many possibilities to make online money freelancing, such as building email newsletters, email autoresponders, API configuration for various plugins, and even setting up the lead magnet.
Internet marketing tools for freelance jobs
- Convertful – Convertful is an all-in-one tool to make surveys, opt-in forms, notifications, and more! Learn more in our review on Convertful.
- Clickfuennls – One of the most popular funnel builders out there, with over 100,000 customers.
- Brizy – One of the best alternative landing page builders to Clickfunnels. Read my reviews on Brizy Cloud to find the pros and cons of the entire platform.
- ThriveCart – #1 online cart platform and one of the best alternatives to Samcart.
- Omnify – Create courses and sell
- Shopify – Create your online shop
- Replug – Shorten links and track conversions
- GrowSurf – Build professional giveaways and referral campaigns for clients
- Gist – One of the best CRM and marketing automation tools for marketers and freelancers
- Integrately – One of the best task automation tools with reasonable pricing. Learn more in our Integrately review.
- Best digital marketing agency tools for marketers
- Gist guide: How to set it up properly
- Best URL shortening services for marketers
With the ever-evolving technology, which is Information and Communication Technology, many businesses want to hire people with good knowledge and skills in programming and development.
Here are a few job opportunities to make a steady income from home.
- Software Creation and Development – Use tools like Figma to optimize your apps.
- API developing – Offer services to build API for SaaS companies
- Program language experts: Java, Python, C++ – Provide services to build and optimize software programs.
- Android, iOS, and Huawei developers – Deliver app development services for Android, iOS, and Huawei OS.
- Data scrapping – Write codes to scrape content from the web.
- WordPress developers – Make money by offering freelance gigs related to WordPress development.
- Ajax and Jquery developers
- MySQL, Magneto, and Bootstrap developers
- Shopping Card developers
- Operating Systems developers
- Game programming and Game development
- Google App Engine experts
- Joomla experts
- Framework developers
- Mobile App Development
- Network Programming experts
- OAuth/SSO Setup
- Oracle programmers and developers
- SQL Programmers
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is an excellent way to build brand awareness and capture new customers to the business.
Every type of company nowadays utilizes social networks to amplify its marketing reach. Over time, social media marketing has become more complicated, so new opportunities have been born for freelance workers.
Here are a few freelance job types related to social media marketing.
- Social Media Optimization – Offer services that optimize websites and blogs for social media networks.
- Content creation and curation – Post scheduling and content creation are some of the most popular freelance jobs in this category.
- Facebook marketing experts – Help grow Facebook fan base, organic post reach, and group management.
- YouTube marketing experts – Provide services such as video creation, thumbnail making, etc.
- Twitter marketing experts – Help increase Twitter followers
- Linkedin marketing experts – Deliver services such as LinkedIn lead generation.
- Business page managers
- Personal branding services – Includes services such as brand promotion through services such as social media giveaway campaigns.
Social media marketing is not too hard to start. However, like other freelance online jobs, you should have built specific skills to become more attractive to clients. That is how you can start and grow your freelance career at a rapid speed.
Social Media Marketing tools for freelance jobs
- ContentStudio – One of the best social media marketing tools out there. It has features such as content discovery, curation, social media post scheduling, and inbox for all social media channels.
- Awario – One of the best brand mention monitoring tools for marketers and freelancers.
- Crello – Make attention-grabbing graphics for social media
- Offeo – One of the best product video-making tools. This one is for you if you are looking for a tool that can replace software like Adobe Premiere.
- Pixteller – Another animated image generator for markers. Learn in our Pixteller review.
- Stencil – One of the easiest graphic makers. I use this for making quick YouTube thumbnails. Learn more in our Stencil app review.
- PromoRepublic – Another very impressive social media graphic design tool designed for freelancers. It is equipped with hundreds of thousands of premade templates for special occasions, events, and holidays. Learn more in this PromoRepublic review.
There are already millions of websites on the entire Internet. Still, hundreds of new websites and blogs are created every day for different purposes.
That is why website building and development is a field with many available job opportunities. Here are a few of those important job boards.
- CMS experts (ex: WordPress, Ghost, Drupal, Joomla)
- Website Designers
- WooCommerce developers
- Membership site builders
Freelance tools for website development
Online consultation is probably the best way for any startup to start its own business. Many people fail at their first race due to not having a proper guidelines from an experienced person.
If you have experience in any field, you can start providing consultation services for money. Here are a few topics that are very popular these days.
- Parental consultation
- Internet marketing consultation
- SEO consultation
- Blogging consultation
- Social media marketing consultation
Many consultants earn $100+ per hour. So, this is an excellent way to make additional income while helping others succeed by sharing your experience.
Coaching & Teaching
Coaching is one of the best freelancing jobs in the world. The best part is only a few have been involved in this industry. They crush it and make a good monthly salary while only working a few hours per week. So, if you are looking for a flexible freelance job, this is for you.
However, you have to have specific skills such as teaching ability, a good experience of what you are teaching, or coaching.
Here are a few coaching jobs for anyone looking for a flexible freelance job online.
- Online teaching (single/group)
- Self-safe coaching
- Blogging coach
- E-Marketing coaching
- Business coaching
Online marketing and business management are not easy to do. When a company is becoming bigger, more issues arise, such as poor customer service.
That is why administrative support has grown fast within the last 5-10 years. Here are a few lucrative freelance jobs related to the administrative support niche.
- Virtual Assistant jobs
- Customer service Agents
- Skype Assistants
- Helpdesk workers
- Forum managers
- Blog management
- Social media account managers
- Call agents
Data Entry jobs have survived during the last few decades. It is still and will be in the future too. Even though there are tons of software to automate every process; still, the demand for data entry jobs is high.
Here are a few hot data entry jobs for colleges, students, housewives, part-time workers, and even professionals who need quick cash.
- Word Processing
- Data Monitoring
- Data extracting
- Presentation and PDF creation
Converting, Translation, and Transcription
One of the uncomplicated freelance jobs for any person to start up. Are you a stay-at-home mom? Or a college student who wants to make an additional income to pay bills and class fees?
Then check out these profitable freelance jobs that pay well.
- Language Translation
- Voice Over
- Text to voice
- Voice to text
- PDF to epub, HTML, TXT, DOC
- PSD to HTML
- DOC to PDF
SEM and Online Advertising
SEM or Search Engine Marketing involves everything, including PPC advertising.
The chances are enormous for you to find a good freelance job in this niche. However, like most freelance niches, clients want to know your skills and previous work.
So, it is better to a freelance work if you are a search engine marketer and an online advertising expert.
Here are a few ethical freelance job positions to make money from home.
- Adwords experts
- Pay-per-Click marketing experts
- PPV experts
- Banner advertising
- Facebook advertising
- Competitor analysis expert
- CRO expert
Business & Finance
The industry that most large companies need. If you are a charted accountant, Engineer, or professional teacher in business and finance, you can evolve into freelancing jobs in business and finance to make a substantial income.
Here are a few freelance jobs you can engage in without investment.
- Business Analytics expert
- Excel experts
- Business planning analysts
- Statistics Analysts
- Tax Preparation Specialist
- Financial Forecasters & Modelers
- Accounting Assistants
- LinkedIn Recruiters
- Budgeting & Forecasting Contractors
- Bookkeeping Assistants
Sales & Marketing
Large firms want people who are specialized in the sales and marketing industry. There are only a few freelance jobs in this category. So, competition is not a problem.
Here are some of the freelancing jobs for marketing professionals.
- Marketing Research
- Competitor analysis
- Direct marketing experts
- Outbound marketing experts
- Brand strategy builders
- Inbound marketing experts
- Business Audit
- Project management
This is not a freelance-typed job. However, mentoring somewhat goes beyond consultation and coaching.
Even a good coacher is not a good mentor. That is why it is so difficult to find a good mentor nowadays.
Here are a few ways how mentors make money.
- Personal development (persona, spiritual, behavior development)
- Marketing strategy development (business plans, leadership development)
Network Marketing or Multi-level Marketing (MLM) is a pyramid scheme. Even though many people say bad things about Network marketing, great people such as Bill Gates, Donald Trump (a Network Marketing giant), and Robert Kiyosaki (Author of Rich Dad or Poor Dad book) say good things about Network Marketing.
If you have done MLM previously and want to make an additional income just by sharing your personal experience and techniques to grow downline, here are a few freelance jobs related to Mult-Level Marketing.
- MLM experts
- MLM Coaching
One of the great things about the internet is you can find numerous ways to make money online. Freelance is one of them.
Here are a few of those hundreds of ways to be a freelance worker in the online marketing industry.
- Craigslist posting
- Classified advertising
- IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS development
- Competitor Analysis
- Product creation: Plugin, Software, Video courses
With the speedy growth of mobile device users over the last few years, marketers have paid close attention to mobile marketing.
As a freelancer, you can also make a real income through mobile marketing. Here are a few ways to earn money by engaging in freelance jobs related to mobile marketing.
- Mobile app development
- Mobile Games development
- Mobile advertising experts
- Mobile Application promotion experts
- Beta testers
Conclusion on Freelance Jobs
One proven way to start your online business is to build a good rapport with your customers by converting them into long-term clients. The best way to be self-employed and do a remote job is to find a freelance job that pays well.
There are tons of freelance niches. However, not all pay you well and don’t have the buyers’ crowd.
You can victory freelance marketing by building a good talent, commitment, perseverance, and building anticipation to reach success.
Please select one of the above freelance jobs and master it first. You have Google, which can help you become the next marketer. You are just a few searches away from finding them.
Let me know why you want to find a good freelance job? If you already have one, we would like to know your experience. Share your thoughts through the comment form below.