In this SproutGigs review, you will learn all details about SproutGigs, the pros & cons, and if it’s worth investing your time and efforts on SproutGigs.com while there are many freelance networks.
With the rapid technological developments, the nature of the service economy, and globalization, the gig economy has grown drastically in the last couple of years.
Particularly due to the Covid19, the freelancing market as a whole got millions of new workforce around the globe, not limited to the Asian market. According to a study held by the ADP Research Institute, the gig economy is expected to cross the $500 billion mark, accounting for a third of the world population.
- Gig economy has the second-highest number of work opportunities offered. (Hayes et al., 2019)
- 24% of workers across 19 countries are full-time gig workers, while 9% are also employed in a traditional setting. (Hayes et al., 2019)
- Gig economy’s market was worth $248.3 billion in 2019 and was estimated to reach $296.7 billion in 2020. (Sbai, 2021)
- Approximately 68 million workers in the United States work freelance. (Statista, 2021)
- 36% of the US workforce have done freelance work in the past 12 months. (Upwork, 2020)
- 75% of freelancers work in the arts and design industry, compared to only 25% of non-freelancers. (Upwork, 2019)
- 78% of gig workers plan to do the same gig work or more in the next year. (DaVinci Payments, 2021)
- 40% of workers participate in gig work while still employed, compared to 30% who prefer doing only gig work full time. (DaVinci Payments, 2021)
- Professional services account for the majority of part-time (14.9%) and full-time (17%) gig workers. (Hayes et al., 2019)
When considering freelance networks, there are several websites such as Fiverr, Freelancer, and UpWork, OnlineJobs.ph, PeoplePerHour.
SproutGigs is another freelance network that has become famous over the last couple of years. In today’s article, I will review SproutGigs crowdsourcing website and share my experience and how to make money on SproutGigs. So, make sure to read this entire SproutGigs review and share your experience.
- What is SproutGigs?
- Workers’ and Employers’ Role
- SproutGigs Review: Jobs for freelancers
- SproutGigs Review: Crowdsource Freelancers for Business Owners
- SproutGigs review: Features
- Is SproutGigs legit or a scam?
- Pros and Cons of SproutGigs
- My experience so far with SproutGigs
- SproutGigs Alternatives
- Final Words on SproutGigs review
What is SproutGigs?
SproutGigs is an online marketplace that connects businesses with freelancers. Picoworkers was rebranded as SproutGigs after introducing “gigs” to the platform. It works as a middleman where businesspeople can employ people to complete from small tasks to ongoing projects.
Unlike freelancing networks such as Fiverr, SproutGigs is a crowdsourcing website that lets employers and freelancers complete one-off small tasks (micro-jobs) or works on ongoing projects.
Since the entry-level is free and frictionless, anyone around the globe can start signing up on SproutGigs and start making money by completing small jobs.
Similarly, if you are a business, be it a small online business such as a website, or YouTube channel, a solopreneur such as a Tiktok star, podcast host, email marketer, affiliate marketing person, or even a startup or a company, you can start using SproutGigs to employ a large number of people from any country of your selection to complete small tasks.
Workers’ and Employers’ Role
In Fiverr, freelancers and employers make it up. An employer can buy a Fiverr gig from a freelancer. Fiverr is only there to connect people. Similar situation for Udimi where Solo ad buyers can buy Solo ad traffic from a seller where Udimi.com works as a middleman to prevent fraud.
Workers and Employers empower the SproutGigs. But it works differently.
The employer’s role is pretty simple. He or she can post a job on SproutGigs. There are several customization options that I will discuss later in this SproutGigs review. Once the job is completed, the employer can review tasks and mark each one as satisfied or dissatisfied.
The freelancer’s role is pretty simple. He or she can log in to their SproutGigs dashboard and complete any task available to them. Once the task is completed and you fill out the proof form, the employer will review your activity and pay you. SproutGigs grade your level by your performance.
Typically, the quality of service is based on the overall satisfaction ratings by employers. So, the greater service you provide, the higher the chance of making it into the top level and getting more benefits on SproutGigss!
SproutGigs’ role is to connect both people and to make the process as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
The specialty of SproutGigs crowdsource platform is that if you are a freelancer, you can participate in any number of micro-jobs and make money. Want to finish 100 jobs today? No problem.
Also, a key advantage of SproutGigs from the advertiser’s perspective is that you can hire thousands of workers for low wages and get people to complete small tasks easily. Thus saving hundreds of thousands of dollars and hours of time while growing your business online.
SproutGigs Review: Jobs for freelancers
On SproutGigs, jobs are classified into two groups.
- Small tasks
- Ongoing projects
Small jobs in SproutGigs are basically small tasks that do not involve high time or effort. Here are some small job types on SproutGigs to understand how each one is set up.
Type 1: Small tasks that require mouse-clicking when using a laptop or desktop
These are usually engagement-based tasks.
- Upvote a Reddit post
- Visit a website, view a specific number of web pages
- Visit a specified URL and click on a hyperlink on the page
- Visit Google and search and click
Type 2: Involves more than one-clicking
These could normally be categorized as small microtasks where users have to spend more time.
- Write a blog comment on an article.
- Review a product, service, or tool on Google Business Profile, Yelp, Trustpilot, or Amazon, or on a website
- Post comments on social media posts (ex: YouTube videos, Reddit posts, Facebook posts, Tweets)
Type 3: Need to have your own social media accounts
These are social media marketing-related jobs where a freelancer should have active social media accounts.
- Like a Facebook post
- Subscribe to a YouTube channel
- Comment on a Pinterest post
- Follow someone on Twitter
- Share a YouTube video
- Upvote a Reddit post
And the best part of SproutGigs for freelancers and employers is that there is a combination of several tasks.
- Like, comment on a Youtube video and subscribe to the channel
- Like and share a Facebook post
- Upvote and comment on a Reddit post
- Retweet and follow on Twitter
- Repin a Pinterest post and follow the brand
- Comment on an Instagram post and follow the brand
Yes, employers will earn more money from these tasks.
Type 4: Involves registration
One of the most popular tasks on SproutGigs is involved in online registration with an email address or a phone number (in rare cases). Here are some micro jobs examples:
- Create an account for free on the example.com website
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Sign up online for a service or a website and complete a task (ex: Sign up on Grammarly and install an extension)
- Register on crypto websites
- Sign up on the forum and post
Type 5: Requires more than clicking or typing
These mini-jobs require installing software, an app, or a plugin.
- Install a chrome extension on your browser
- Register on a website, download the software, and install it
- Download and install a mobile app
- Download a game, play for a certain time, and transfer coins to a different ID
- Download an application, mine crypto coins, and transfer them to a specific address
Type 6: Register for free trials
These are some of the high-earning tasks on SproutGigs. But you will have to use your credit card details to complete these.
- Sign up for a free trial on a website such as Semrush
Ongoing jobs (Gigs)
Ongoing jobs or gigs are suitable for people with certain skills. For example, if you have a photo editing and graphic design skills, you can take an ongoing project in SproutGigs and make more money than usual tasks in every period.
I have already shared some freelance job ideas before. SproutGigs’ gigs are comparatively new and work similarly to Fiverr gigs.
SproutGigs Review: How to Use SproutGigs as a freelancer
It is free to join, and you can get started now. First of all, head over to this page and create your SproutGigs account by entering an actual email address, your name, and your username. The username is shown for people.
Verify your email address, and once done, you will be asked for a form to fill out on the next screen.
- Country of residence
- Security question and answer
When you visit the SproutGigs dashboard (the jobs section), you will see a screen similar to the one below.
Here are the page options and some features.
- Filter jobs based on the job level – Some jobs are easier to complete, while some are not. So, SproutGigs categorize jobs based on the employee’s experience level. The three levels are 1) Starter, 2) Advanced 3) Expert.
- Category – If you are interested in a certain task, for example, YouTube actions or clicking website links, you can filter them over here. Here are the main categories.
- Sign up
- Search, Promote content, Search, Engage
- Video Marketing
- Facebook Micro-Influencer
- Twitter Micro-Influencer
- Instagram Micro-Influencer
- Promotion (voting & rating)
- Yahoo answers/Answerbag/Quora (other Q&A sites)
- Computer programs
- Comment on other blogs
- Reviewing products and services
- Write an article
- Mobile applications
- Blog/website owners
- Data entry, Collection, Extraction
- Surveys/ Offers
- Payment – Get tasks in a specific price range
- Location – Filter tasks allowed for a specific region
- Employer stats – Filter jobs based on employers’ satisfaction ratings and successful job ratios
- Sorting options – Filter gigs by most recent, highest paying SproutGigs jobs and crypto-verified accounts.
On each task, you can see the freelancer level (Starter, advanced, or expert), location, task satisfaction ratio of the employer, available jobs, and the average pay and task review time.
Once click on any SproutGigs micro job, you will see a dedicated job page where you can see job instructions and a place to submit proof.
Rating is significant on SproutGigs.com. The rating is based on the employer satisfaction ratio. For example, if 80 out of 100 microtasks you completed are marked as satisfied (i.e., rated your job as successful) by employers, your rating would be 80%.
SproutGigs requires users to have at least a 75% rating to get new opportunities and higher payout tasks.
How to increase ratings on SproutGigs
- Get started with easy micro jobs such as Reddit upvotes and social media tasks such as liking a Facebook page and subscribing to a YouTube channel. Maintain a higher ratio, like 90%, on the first several tasks. So, you will get more opportunities.
- Do not rush it up at first – Making money on SproutGigs is easy, so you would be tempted to complete as many tasks as possible in the quickest time. But, you might make errors such as typos in task-proof messages on the way. So, take time and complete your microtasks rightly.
- Provide requested proofs
Withdraw your earnings
- Your task interval timer must be 0 to withdraw. New users must complete a minimum amount of tasks to achieve a zero task interval. For example, if your starting interval time is 180 seconds, you will have to complete 18 tasks successfully to reduce it to the zero level.
- You can withdraw when you have over $5.00 in your earned balance.
- You can not withdraw money from your spendable balance (used for posting jobs on SproutGigs)
- Withdrawals are processed within ten business days.
- Litecoin, PayPal, AirTM, and UpHold are the supported payout methods. The processing fee is 8%.
SproutGigs Review: Crowdsource Freelancers for Business Owners
SproutGigs is an excellent place for business owners to gather thousands of people to complete a specific task you need. For example, if you want to get people to share a Youtube video on social networks, you can easily post a job on SproutGigs.com and get people to finish your work in a shorter time.
How to post a job on SproutGigs
It is very easy to post a job. Click on the ‘Post Job’ button at the top-right header.
The first thing you have to do is select the region.
The second step is choosing the job category and sub-category. When you are selecting the categories and sub-categories, the price and other details will be adjusted, and you can see them in the correct box.
The third step is creating the job and setting up proof. Start by adding a meaningful, short title and steps in simple English. Do not use complex wording. Explain every bit by using steps. You can add any number of steps for a micro job. I highly recommend screenshotting each step and pasting a link to it. You can use a tool like Nimbus web screen capture for it or CloudApp desktop software.
Also, if your job on SproutGigs involves visiting any external websites, I highly recommend using an URL link tracker as well. Use one of these URL shorteners. My favorite tools are Replug (review) and PixelMe (review).
The fourth and last step is job setting.
Here you have several job customization options.
- Entry level – It costs 25% and 50% more for advanced and expert-level users, respectively.
- Workers needed – Specify how many total workers you need to complete the task. For instance, if you need 100 people to like, share and comment on your YouTube video, enter 100.
- Payment per task – Enter the value of the task. Higher-paying jobs are done faster.
- Ask if you need screenshot proof – You will have to pay $0.05 minimum for one screenshot proof.
- Time to rate (TTR) – How many days do you need to rate tasks? A lower TTR will increase user participation.
- Autorate task – Set task rating options. You can automate task rating with the PCODE system if you use specific tasks such as registering on your website.
Last but not least, finally, review the SproutGigs job listing again to confirm every detail.
Here is a video tutorial by the SproutGigs team that explains the steps to post a job.
SproutGigs review: Features
You learned how to use the SproutGigs platform to make money and hire freelancers in this SproutGigs review. It stands out from other micro job websites for multiple reasons, specifically the features it provides for users.
Become an employer and freelancer
One SproutGigs account is enough for all your needs — No need to create separate accounts for being a freelancer and employer.
The beauty of SproutGigs is that you do not need special skills to make money. If you have very basic knowledge of using computers and the internet, you can take part in micro jobs such as subscribing to a channel, following on Twitter, sharing a Facebook post, etc., and making money for free.
Make more money
Yes, you can complete ten jobs today. Or 100 jobs or 500 jobs. Work more and earn more!
Low payout threshold
The minimum payout threshold is $5.75. Unlike other popular freelancing networks like Fiverr, Freelancer, and UpWork, where the minimum payout amount is high, with SproutGigs.com, you can basically earn money for basic needs.
Skilled and hard workers are appreciated on SproutGigs.com. It is like playing a video game. Make more money, level up your profile, and get more high-paying job opportunities!
Transfer earned money to spendable money
Last but not least, I want to mention this helpful feature in the SproutGigs review. Now you can earn money by completing micro jobs on SproutGigs and transferring those to the spendable cash wallet. So, you can get started today and hire other workers with the money you earned. How awesome is that?
Is SproutGigs legit or a scam?
Typically, you might have encountered many online crowdsourcing and micro job sites. Many of those are not legit and scam people. But, SproutGigs is neither illegal nor a scam. You can see Picworkers’ payments to freelancers.
Pros and Cons of SproutGigs
In the review of SproutGigs, you learned how to use SproutGigs to make money as a freelancer and business owner. Here are the pros and cons of using SproutGigs
- No skills are required to get started. No entry-level exams
- Complete multiple tasks
- New tasks are added on a regular basis
- Many tasks in different categories
- Transfer earned money into spendable money and use it to promote your businesses on SproutGigs.
- Low payout threshold
- Paid surveys
- Increase your earnings by leveling up
- It takes excessive days from finishing a task to withdraw money (normally seven days of time to rate and up to 10 days of the payout processing)
- It takes significant time to complete some tasks (ex: SEO + Promotion + Search + Engage) and can be confusing depending on the task.
- 8% processing fee. I think it is an excessive amount.
My experience so far with SproutGigs
I use SproutGigs for employing workers, not for freelancing. As far as my experience goes, SproutGigs has done an excellent job on UX. I especially like dark mode!
Their automated task verification system is a good idea. This allows you to save a tremendous amount of time. But, I think in the meantime, they can do an excellent job by integrating forum software so that people can hang out and share their experiences. It is just my idea, though.
Is SproutGigs worth it?
If you are getting started on internet marketing and want to make a few bucks part-time working from home, SproutGigs can help you make from $3 to $50 or $60 per 100 tasks. If you live in a third-world country where the wages are pretty low, SproutGigs can be a great freelancing network.
But, if you are a skilled worker, I recommend Fiverr and other freelancing networks. Check out these easy Fiverr gig ideas to get started today. I recommend establishing your own digital marketing agency if you want to go beyond providing your service on freelancing networks. One downside of running an agency is that getting started, acquiring clients, and making an easy income is much harder. But the question is, what valuable thing comes at ease?
On the other hand, if you are a business owner and want to promote your business to many people for a very low cost, give SproutGigs a try. The minimum task fee is $0.02! And SproutGig’s gig prices are less expensive related to other networks.
Are there any websites similar to SproutGigs to make money online? Yes, there are. But not many of them are not robust as SproutGigs. Here are several SproutGigs competitors.
If you have a specific skill set, try beginner-friendly freelance networks like Fiverr.com and KWork.com.
Final Words on SproutGigs review
There are many ways to make money online. Blogging, affiliate marketing, selling solo advertisements, starting a YouTube channel, and podcasting are some of them.
Freelancing is one of the fastest-growing industries globally, not limited to the Asian market but also in the US and the developed world. The Covid19 made sure a lot of skilled workers established their part-time job. The gig economy is expected to reach $873.0 Bn by 2027 in gross volume transactions.
In this SproutGigs review, I talked about SproutGigs freelance network from freelancers’ and advertisers’ points of view. In reality, making money from SproutGigs is hard. You need to complete thousands of tasks to make several hundred dollars. Most microtasks’ fees are in cents.
Therefore, I recommend SproutGigs for anyone who has not identified their skills yet and wants to make extra cash from home. But your review on SproutGigs might vary.
So, let us know your reviews on SproutGigs in the comments below.
Features and Benefits for Freelancers
Features and Benefits for Employers
Payments and Withdrawals
SproutGigs platform makes it easier for employers to hire hundreds or thousands of workers to finish their projects in a quick time. People can sign up as freelancers and complete micro-tasks and post gigs, and earn money. It is a win-win for both employers and employees. SproutGigs’ features, such as having a lower payout threshold and levels for workers, make the platform more robust and increase people’s trust. If you want a part-time job to make extra income from home, give SproutGigs a try.
- Hundreds of available tasks to complete. And new ones are added regularly
- Complete any number of tasks per day
- Multiple withdrawal options, including Crypto payout systems
- Hire people to crowdsource your mini projects
- Autorate tasks
- Affiliate program to make money from referrals
- High payout fee
- Consume a significant amount of time to complete some tasks [for workers], especially “Search and Engage” ones.
11 thoughts on “SproutGigs Review 2023: A Crowdsourcing Site for Freelancers & Employers”
I tried posting a job on picoworker following the laid down steps but it is not taking me to the next level which is job settings please what maybe the problem
sproutgigs scam my money, and banned my account.
Please help me
Please explain your question so we can help you.
My 2 account is ban sproutgigs
It’s 20% and not 8%
Hello, why can’t I get the PayPal option in the withdrawal methods list? Have been using it but today it just disappear. It’s giving me other options that I don’t have.
SproutGigs might have removed the PayPal withdrawal option temporarily or permanently. I checked my account and saw it’s gone. The best way to know what exactly happpened is to contact support.
Sprouts gigs is amazing platform
Why sproutgigs blocked?????
sproutgigs is such a wonderful site