In this guide, you will find easy ways to make Money on Fiverr for beginners and strategically promote Fiverr gigs (advertise gigs free) so that you will stand out from others and earn more money quickly.
When people ask me, “Chamal, what’s the best way for me to make a quick buck online?” I say there’s not a “best way,” but there are good ways a novice can start to make money online.
I have seen many people start on Fiverr and make a few hundred dollars in the first few weeks without premeditated traffic. In fact, some people like Joel Young have become millionaires selling their services on Fiverr!
Also, I have seen people mix it up and suddenly give it up for “some” reasons.
I want you to get the most out of this guide and be a successful seller on Fiverr.
In today’s guide, you will learn…
- What are Freelancing and Fiverr?
- How others crush Fiverr Marketplace
- How can you enter Fiverr to for making money?
- The step-by-step formula to establish your first freelancing service on Fiverr that works
- How to come up with creative money-making ideas that work on Fiverr and any freelance website (and find how others do it)
- How to promote your Fiverr Gig
- How to dramatically multiply your earnings with a few simple tweaks
- How to strategically sell your service online
- Conversion rate optimization tips
- What reasons conduce to decrease sales and how to get rid of them.
- How to take your online business to the next level
- Advanced tips to retain your customers and build your own business by being non-dependent on Fiverr.
Without further ado, let’s learn how to make money on Fiverr.
- What is Fiverr?
- 4 Easy Fiverr Gig Ideas to Make Money
- Video Creation Services
- SEO Services
- Social Media Management Services
- Brand Mention Reports
- How to Promote Your Service on Fiverr
- Tips to Become Extraordinary on Fiverr and Beyond
- Final words on how to make Money on Fiverr
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a global marketplace where people can buy and/or sell services online. Services start from $5 (that’s why Fiverr is called FIVErr). But, as you make more sales, you can earn a lot of money from home.
Fiverr service providers are freelancers. Freelancers or Freelance workers are self-employed individuals who do not necessarily commit to a particular employer in the long term.
That means once you complete your service, you are not moreover allocated to the buyer. (However, according to terms of service, you may be required to revise your work. More about that later…)
Many employers have started providing freelancing services with the flexibility, freedom, and ability to make more money from home anytime.
Not just content writing, other fields such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMM (Social Media Marketing), Video Marketing, Paid Advertising, Programming, and web design have become better popularity and hence in competitiveness and quality of typical services.
In fact, fields like data entry, virtual assistance, and short and one-time, part-time jobs like data scraping, reports, auditing, etc., have greatly boosted in the last couple of years.
In the report, there’s an intriguing statement:
“Nearly two-thirds (63%) of freelancers told us that having a diversified portfolio of clients is more secure than having a single employer“
Why is Fiverr a better option for beginners?
Sure enough, there are a few other freelancing networks, like Freelancer.com. UpWork.com, Guru.com, and Envato Network.
However, unless you are not a professional in your field or know what you’re precisely doing first, you shouldn’t tap into those networks first.
Why the hell should you not give those networks a try?
Sure, you can. But, unless you don’t want to get frustrated and be faced with complicated situations, you shouldn’t try them at first.
It’s like fighting a small fish with big sharks in the ocean. (e.g., Professional vs. novice)
Although you can try micro task websites such as SproutGigs.com, payments on those sites are very, very low, which is not worth your time, actually.
Once you have the necessary knowledge, experience, and routine, you can tap into those big markets and get higher pay.
On the other hand, starting to make Money on Fiverr is not a bad idea.
Here are why:
- Fiverr is famous as a platform where quality workers can be found for a low price.
- Thus the above reason, there’re always lots of BUYERS.
- Those buyers usually purchase because they know they spend a little compared to other freelancer networks.
- And most of those buyers are looking for quick results. They usually don’t wait for weeks or research intensively before purchasing the mythological “perfect” gig.
- Therefore, those may end up buying your gig. Keeping buyers aside, Fiverr is a simple network where EVERYONE can start a gig today without spending hours.
- You don’t need prequalifications to start a gig on Fiverr.
- You won’t face exams or tests.
- Lots of ways to increase your revenue besides offering different pricing tiers.
- Lots of ways to make Money on Fiverr (There is no exact formula for gigs. You can advertise any sort of skill or capability and make money.)
Here are three other reasons why I think you should start on Fiverr.
- It’s Quick: Having the simplest idea might be sufficient to make a quick monthly income from providing services on Fiverr. Ex: With AI and tools, background removal from images is quicker and easier than ever nowadays.
- As a side income stream: Do you already have a job or business? Then, Fiverr can be a great place to make an additional income.
- Money for new business: If you do not have enough funds to start a business, starting on Fiverr will be a great opportunity to learn and raise funds.
Now, as you know, Fiverr is the best place for you to start your internet marketing career as a novice. Let’s find out the best Fiverr gig ideas to make money online fast.
4 Easy Fiverr Gig Ideas to Make Money
Video Creation Services
Even though text-based content is still largely used all over the Internet, Videos have got a massive bump in popularity and usage in the last 4-5 years.
According to statistics and recent studies, video content format is one of the most popular and prominent in social media marketing.
That’s why you see fewer only text-and-image-based sales pages and more video sales letters nowadays.
The actual fact you and I both know is that it takes time and needs specific skills to make good, high-converting videos for each different niches and purposes and the situation in the customer circle.
That’s why you hear high fees for a few seconds of marketing, promotional, and sales videos.
Also, according to the video type, you will see price differences.
Here are a few.
- Whiteboard videos: Used mostly for sales videos
- Animation videos: Used for promotional videos
- Presentation videos: Used mostly for sales and explainer videos
- Spokesperson videos: Used for sales videos
- Buzzfeed-style videos: Used for promotional videos and news articles.
The best thing about video creation gigs on Fiverr is the high flow of new and recurring customers.
As the online marketplace expands, more entrepreneurs are outsourcing the video creation process. Most small businesses with a tide budget lean to hire people in Fiverr. In fact, people who use Fiverr over other expensive marketplaces save thousands of dollars each month.
That’s why people like him are famous because of their quality works and recurring buyers on Fiverr.
Also, short promotional video clips have been born because of new integrations and features of social networks such as Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube video ads.
If you wonder if there’s a shortcut to making high-quality promotional videos to sell on Fiverr, then I have great news.
I have been using a tool for some time that can create those promotional videos in minutes!
How to Create Videos Without a Software in Minutes and Sell on Fiverr
- Visit the Rocketium website and create your account.
- After signing, log into your Rocketium account and navigate to Dashboard >> Store. Then add fonts and music to your account. (Don’t worry. Most of those are free) For example, if you’re willing to create Buzzfeed-style videos in your local language, you may have to add the appropriate font to your Rocketium account first.
- After purchasing relevant fonts and music, click on the “Create a New Video” button to create your very first video.
- Now you will see two options on the next page.
- Select a relevant template to create videos.
- Once you have the experience and improve your video-creating skills, you can start creating a video from scratch.
- I recommend playing with Rocketium for a while. Understand how to create specific videos for each industry based on topics, purposes, etc.
- Create your Gig on Fiverr for your service. Make sure to select relevant categories and sub-categories, and add matching tags. These two settings will make or break your Fiverr Gig.
Believe it or not. Still, the SEO services section on Fiverr boasts of having a large chunk of customers.
Obviously, there are shady or black hat SEO promotions on Fiverr. However, some SEO services have yet to fill the marketing gap.
Or in other words, there are still opportunities to acquire SEO clients through Fiverr for whitehat SEO practices.
Here are some of the services you can start selling today.
- Keyword research
- Website Audit (Onsite and Offsite)
- Backlink analysis
- Technical SEO services
- SEO Plugins and Tools integration
- SEO Consultation services
Here are a few tools I recommend for SEO services.
- Semrush — An all-in-one digital marketing toolset for SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, digital marketing, and more! I use Semrush especially to improve the traffic of my sites (Learn more here). Use this Semrush coupon code to create a Semrush free trial GURU account.
- WebSite Auditor — One of the best or the best website audit software for Windows, Mac, and Linux-based computers. I have a WebSite Auditor Enterprise subscription which allows me to send white-label reports to my clients. Check this review of WebSite Auditor to find out more.
- WriterZen – Check Allintitle, Keyword Golden Score, and content optimization for SEO. Learn more.
- Ahrefs – One of the most popular SEO tools for link building. If you want to provide SEO services such as link building, backlink analysis, link disavow, audits, etc., Ahrefs would be a great tool.
- SEO Powersuite — SEO Powersuite by Link-Assistant consists of different SEO and social media marketing tools. Having a subscription allows you to sell branded reports to your clients on Fiverr.
- BrandOverflow — Another SEO software suitable for agencies. I use it primarily for tracking keyword ranking on Google. But, it offers many services such as SEO audit, backlink checker, and more. Learn more.
One Fiverr Gig idea to Make Money with Fiverr using SEO tools
One issue most web admins and SEOs face is not knowing how to improve SERP rankings. On-page SEO is the fundamental step in improving keyword rankings in search engines. Bad links, poor usage of H tags, HTML errors, images without alt tags, and mobile-friendlessness won’t help it whatsoever.
That’s where Website SEO Audit comes in…
You can offer website SEO audit services on Fiverr and make a good amount of money just by using the software alone.
I know many people do this. Here’s how to make money on Fiverr offering website audit SEO services.
- Download Website Auditor to your computer over here.
- Install Website auditor.
- Create a new project and Enter the website address you want to audit.
- Select default options and let the Website Auditor audit your website.
- After the audition, you can go to Reports >> Create a new report to make a new report from scratch or use an available template. Personally, I have made different SEO audit reports for each plan my clients are paying for me.
- You can export the website audit report(s) in two different formats: PDF (Portable Document Format) and HTML (HyperText Markup Language). PDF export format is widely used. However, there are advantages of using HTML export format as well. You can also offer HTML export as an extra offer.
7 Tips to make more Money with Website Audit services
- Offer site Visualization graphics and export files and an extra offer.
- Offer Keyword analysis in the higher pricing plan. (If used tiered pricing plans in Fiverr)
- Offer domain strength report as an extra gig.
- Offer a TF-IDF report in a higher plan or as an extra gig.
- Charge a fee to offer white-label reports.
- Offer discounts for recurring customers.
- Offer other services such as fixing HTML errors to make extra money through Fiverr.
In fact, you can make more Money with Website Audit services. Having regular, loyal customers is the key to making a high recurring income. Offer new customers discounts for the next order to increase your revenue.
Impress customers by giving bonuses and adding more value. Always think from the customer’s perspective.
Social Media Management Services
Social media management services are a specific category for most people. You don’t need technical and programming knowledge to manage Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and Pinterest boards.
While there are tons of social media management tools, you can start a gig on Fiverr to sell social media management services to make extra cash online as a part-time freelance worker.
How to make Money on Fiverr selling social media management services
You should have a good automation and management tool to manage multiple social media accounts.
I personally use and recommend Content Studio to anybody who is looking for a highly functional and powerful social media marketing tool.
Here’s a way to use Content Studio to manage your client’s social media accounts.
- Sign up for Content Studio over here.
- Connect your client’s social media page(s).
- Set up “Queue” in Settings to set optimal times to publish social media postings. Content Studio will generate the best times to post on your social media pages. However, you can alter the timings.
- Use the “Content Discovery” tool in Content Studio to find popular content to post.
- Publish viral content on your clients’ social networks.
Withal finding viral content and posting on social accounts, with Content Studio, you can set up automation campaigns to share others’ content too.
It’s really helpful to grow social media engagement and make your social accounts are not spam-looking.
Brand Mention Reports
It’s actually unbelievable to see there is not a single gig related to brand mention tracking and reporting on Fiverr. (At the moment of writing this article)
It means there is an excellent opportunity for you to start a brand mention tracking and reporting gig on Fiverr today and make money.
These days, it’s really difficult to find a business that isn’t using social media to increase brand awareness and grow business.
Brand mention tracking allows businesses to find channels and sources where the business is mentioned and listen to the conversations.
You can create a Fiverr gig to provide brand mention reports on specific social networks, forums, and websites.
For example, you can provide services to offer reports for brand mention activity on the Reddit social network.
How to make Money on Fiverr offering brand mention reports.
Follow the steps below to track brand mentions and specific keywords on the web.
- We use Awario for tracking brands/domains and keywords and making mention statistics reports. Sign up for Awario’s free trial over here.
- Create an alert to monitor specific keywords or domain activity over the Internet. Make sure to select relevant options under sources, countries, languages, and date range.
- Let Awario track the brand name over the specified source for a few hours.
- Set White-label report settings and provide the link to your Fiverr customer.
As the brand mentions tracking is a tough job, and most web monitoring tools cannot monitor websites like Reddit and some forums except Awario. You can charge a high fee.
How to Promote Your Service on Fiverr
Now you’ve found four ways to make money on the Fiverr freelancing platform. The beauty of Fiverr is that the minimum gig price is $5, and you add extra add-ons to your primary offer.
For example, if you’re offering website audit reports, you can provide extra add-ons for custom reports, white-label reports, etc.
Fiverr takes 20% of the revenue you make through their platform. The customer/buyer has to pay the PayPal fee.
Here are a few tips to consider when listing your service on Fiverr:
- Title: Write a short and appealing headline that is user and SEO-friendly. Highlight special terms by using all Caps Lock keys. Ex: I will record 10 MINS explainer Video of your product for $5
- Description: Make use of all characters as possible. Use bold, italic, and highlight style formats to make your explanation more enticing. Make sure you include a few keywords in the descriptions. The more relevant words you add, your gig will rank for more Long Tail Keywords in Fiverr and other search engines.
- Images: Highlight your service by adding a few photos. You can use graphic designers like Canva, Stencil, or Pixeteller to make featured images. Also, use a tool like ShortPixel if your graphics are large in file size.
- Tags: Tags are a critical ranking factor in the Fiverr search algorithm. Using irrelevant tags for your Gigs will cause minor traffic and a terrible conversion rate. So search on Fiverr a bit deeper to find relevant services and their tags.
- PDF: If you offer services like Website SEO Audit reports, social media reports, keywords research reports, etc., then showing some examples of your works will help in increasing the conversion rate.
- Video: Fiverr has found that sellers who present their services on videos sell 220% or more than Gigs without videos. Create an explainer video about your gig and upload it to Fiverr. You can hire someone on Fiverr to create an explainer video.
The above tips are essential to rank your service on Fiverr and increase sales. Also, you could do a few things to get more cash-in-hand customers to your Fiverr landing page.
- Promote your gig on social media repeatedly
- Promote your gig on websites and blogs
- Get people to review your service
- Drive some traffic to your gig quickly
How to Increase Your Fiverr Earnings per Gig
Fiverr is one of the best money-making opportunities you would get as a kid, teenager, student, employee, housewife, and pensioner.
There are a lot of people who earn thousands of dollars each month through Fiverr. If you are finding legitimate money-making ideas that will make you a living, then Fiverr is one of those sources.
Here are a few tips to increase Fiverr earnings fast.
Offer Gig Extras
Remember the extra offers you see when checking out on Amazon?
Backend is where most sellers make most of their money from Fiverr. Let’s assume you’re offering Website SEO Audit reports. You can provide these gig extras.
- Provide report in HTML file format.
- Provide Site Visualization graphic based on inLink rank and traffic.
- Provide Content Analysis services.
- Offer Keyword ranking and optimization suggestions.
- Provide a TF-IDF report for keywords.
- Provide Domain Strength report.
These Value-added services will surely help you increase your earnings by at least 100%.
People want to save time. Therefore, they prefer getting their services done as quickly as possible.
You can get customers paid for getting their services done within one day. I have seen some graphic designers charge $20 just for the extra fast feature, but they charge only $5 for the basic service.
Maintain the response time at a better rate
People check your past service record before hitting the Buy button.
If they see your average response rate is higher than expected, I don’t think most people would consider purchasing the Fiverr Gig.
Orders in Queue
This is another objection that conduces to lower the conversion rate. If hundreds of orders are in the queue, people might think about your gig in two different ways.
- This person should provide a high-quality service.
- It seems like I won’t be able to get my service done quickly.
Therefore, to get more orders on Fiverr, you should complete more orders quickly. If you have a team spread out in different locations, Slack can help in team communication and collaboration.
Days on Average
This is another factor that might affect your Fiverr sales. As your gig becomes more popular, many more people will prefer to hire you.
Hence you will get more orders, and Orders-in-queue will increase every day. And you’ll find it’s more challenging to complete all orders quickly. Therefore, you have THREE options:
- Increase the fee: You will lose some sales
- Increase delivery time: You will lose some sales
- Hire people to improve service efficiency: More preferable
Even in many cases, the very first two options above help in making you more money, you shouldn’t play with your customers. Always try to maintain an excellent substantial delivery time while you charge a fair fee.
In fact, Fiverr has added an option to filter search results by average delivery time.
Tips to Become Extraordinary on Fiverr and Beyond
Top Fiverr sellers have become famous and make lots of money for a reason…
They think creatively (mostly outside the box) and structure their Fiverr gigs before considering the optimal title for the Fiverr Gig.
Mindset is for everything; success and failure.
Here are a few golden tips to step up your Fiverr gig and stay a step ahead of other sellers.
- Over-deliver your all customers (satisfy your clients to come back and recommend your service to others)
- Offer discounts for recurring customers.
- Build relationships with your clients. It’s better if you start building an email list of your buyers.
- Ask loyal customers to review your service.
- Display the Fiverr seller’s badge on your website. Here’s a guide to starting a blog on WordPress if you don’t have a blog.
- Use Live chat widget prompts to promote your Fiverr services on your website. Read this guide to set up Gist on your site.
- Use Awario to find potential customers looking for the same service you’re offering on Fiverr. Track specific buyer keywords such as “Looking for an SEO consultant,” “How to improve my website SEO,” etc., if you want to sell your SEO services.
- Move your business from Fiverr to your platform. Fiverr is good because it has ready-to-purchase customers. However, for some reason, you should consider moving your business from Fiverr. I recommend ThriveCart to create stunning and high-converting checkout pages.
- Use Omnify to build your service store. Once you have direct clients, you should consider using a service like Omnify to sell your services.
Final words on how to make Money on Fiverr
Making money online isn’t hard…
…If you followed a proven and/or right strategy.
The Internet Marketing space has evolved a lot over the last half-decade.
Nowadays, there are new social dominators like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, and Pinterest.
Similarly, if you’re looking for a part-time job or a micro job to make money online without a high investment at your end, then my first (and might be only) suggestion would be Fiverr.
Fiverr is where many freelancers, bloggers, and internet marketers put their first foot in this beautiful Online Marketing space.
If you don’t follow a strategy to make Money on Fiverr, you may be going to fail.
Fiverr is the baby step of freelancing… But, there is a high potential to make money too.
Just like Joel Young, the 34-year-old dad who became a millionaire just providing voice-over services on Fiverr, you too can become a _______. (Fill the blank)
One crazy money-making Fiverr gig idea could make you more affluent than 95% of people worldwide.
Your persistent and consistent workflow can make you even richer and a powerful man.
I strongly feel that you can make your first $1 on Fiverr if you follow the strategies I have shown above.
If you enjoyed reading this article and find it helpful for your colleagues and friends, consider sharing this post with them.
Always remember, “the more you give, the more you receive…“
So, which Fiverr gig ideas are you more interested in? Your comments on Fiverr and strategies are welcome! 🙂