In this guide, you will not only find out easy ways to make money on Fiverr for beginners in 2021 but also how to promote Fiverr gigs (advertise gigs free) strategically so that you will stand out from others and earn more money quickly.
When people ask me “Chamal, what’s the best way me to make a quick buck online?“, I say there’s not a “best way”, but there are good ways a novice can start to make money online.
I have heard and seen many people started on Fiverr and make a a few hundreds of dollars in the first few weeks without premeditated traffic. In fact, some people like Joel Young have become millionaires selling their services on Fiverr!
Also, I have seen people have mixed it up and suddenly give it up because of some lazy reasons.
I want you to get most out of this guide and be a successful seller in Fiverr.
In today’s guide, you will learn…
- What’s Freelancing and Fiverr?
- How others crush Fiverr Marketplace.
- How you can enter to Fiverr for making money.
- The step-by-step formula to establish your first freelancing service on Fiverr that works.
- How to come up with creative money-making ideas that work on Fiverr and any freelance website (and find how others do it)
- How to promote your Fiverr gig.
- How to dramatically multiply your earnings with a few simple tweaks.
- How to strategically sell your service online.
- Conversion rate optimization tips.
- What reasons conduce to decrease sales and how to get rid of them.
- How to take your online business to the next level.
- Advanced tips to retain your customers and build your own business by nondependent from Fiverr.
Without further ado, let’s learn how to make money with Fiverr.
- What is Fiverr?
- 4 Easy Fiverr Gig Ideas to Make Money
- Video Creation Services
- SEO Services
- Social Media Management Services
- Brand Mention Reports
- How to Promote Your Service on Fiverr
- Tips to Become Extraordinary on Fiverr and Beyond
- Final words on how to make money on Fiverr
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr is a global marketplace where people can buy and/or sell services online. Services are starting from $5 (that’s why Fiverr is called FIVErr). But, as you make more sales, you can earn a lot of money from home.
Fiverr service providers are freelancers. Freelancers or Freelance workers are the persons who are self-employed and do not necessarily commit to a particular employer in the long-term.
That means once you completed your service, you are not moreover allocated to the buyer. (However as the terms of service, you may be required to revise your work. More about that later…)
Mainly as the flexibility, freedom and the ability to make more money from home at any time, many employers have started providing freelancing services.
Not just content writing, other fields such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization), PPC (Pay Per Click), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), SMM (Social Media Marketing), Video Marketing, Paid Advertising, Programming, and web design have become more popular.
In fact, fields like data entry, virtual assistance, and short and/or one-time part-time jobs like data scraping, reports, auditing, etc. have got a considerable boost in the last couple of years.
In the report, there’s an intriguing statement:
“Nearly two-thirds (63%)of freelancers told us thathaving a diversified portfolioof clients is more secure thanhaving a single employer“
Why is the Fiverr a better option for beginners?
Sure enough, there are a few other freelancing networks out there like Freelancer.com. UpWork.com, Guru.com, and Envato Network.
However, unless you are not a professional in your field, or know what you’re precisely doing first of all, then you shouldn’t tap into those networks at first?
why the hell should you not give those networks a try?
Sure, you can. But, unless you don’t want to get frustrated and be faced with complicated situations, you shouldn’t try them at first.
It’s like fighting a small fish with big sharks in the ocean. (e.g., Professional vs. novice)
Once you got the necessary knowledge, experience, and a routine, you can tap into those big markets and get paid higher.
On the other hand, starting making money on Fiverr is not actually a bad idea too.
- Fiverr is famous as a platform where quality workers can be found for a low price.
- Thus the above reason, there’re always lots of BUYERS.
- Those buyers usually purchase because they know they spend a little compared to other freelancer networks.
- And most of those buyers are looking for quick results. They usually don’t wait for weeks or research intensively before purchasing the mythological “perfect” gig.
- Therefore, those may be ending up buying your gig. Keeping buyers aside, Fiverr is a simple network where EVERYONE can start a gig today without spending hours.
- You don’t need prequalifications to start a gig on Fiverr.
- You don’t face exams or tests.
- Lots of ways to increase your revenue besides offering different pricing tiers.
- Lots of ways to make money on Fiverr (No exact formula for gigs. You can advertise any sort of skill, capability, and make money.)
Here are 3 other reasons why I PERSONALLY think you should start on Fiverr.
- It’s Quick: You may not have the idea to make money through freelancing forever. You may be looking for a way to collect some money for your college fees, studies or even spend your weekend evening. Fiverr is the best solution for you. No commitments, no hassle, and even not here or there anyone to bother you.
- Raise funds for your future: Money is an issue, for sure. It’s an issue everyone in the world suffers. With Fiverr, you can make extra cash per month without moving from your home. That cash can be saved for your future projects or businesses.
- Find money for new business: One universal instinct in every entrepreneur is, they’d like to move forward, not step down or be stabilized. I see most Fiverr freelancers start their Internet marketing journey and then move forward with their plans for bigger projects such as starting an own blog, own online school, build an email list to promote affiliate stuff, and creating their own products or even sell own services solely.
Now as you know Fiverr is the best place for you to start your internet marketing career as a novice, let’s find out best Fiverr gig ideas to make money online fast.
4 Easy Fiverr Gig Ideas to Make Money
Video Creation Services
Even through text-based content still is largely used all over the Internet, Videos has got a massive bump in popularity as well as the usage in the last 4-5 of years.
According to statistics and recent studies, Videos is going to dominate all over the Internet sooner entirely. (By 2019, global consumer Internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic)
That’s why you see less only text-and-image based sales pages and more video sales letters nowadays.
The actual fact you and I both know is that it takes time and needs specific skills to make good, high converting videos for each different niches and purposes and the situation in the customer circle.
That’s why you hear high fees for a few seconds of marketing, promotional, and sales videos.
Not only that, according to the type of video, you see the fluctuations in pricing.
Here are a few.
- Whiteboard videos: Used mostly for sales videos
- Animation videos: Used for promotional videos
- Presentation videos: Used mostly for sales and explainer videos
- Spokesperson videos: Used for sales videos
- Buzzfeed-style videos: Used for promotional videos and news articles.
The best thing about video creation gigs in Fiverr is that there is a high flow of new and recurring customers.
As the online marketplace expands, more entrepreneurs are outsourcing the video creation process. Most small businesses with a tide budget lean to hire people in Fiverr. In fact, people who use Fiverr over other expensive marketplaces save thousands of dollars each month.
That’s why people like him are famous not just because of their quality works, but also recurring buyers in Fiverr.
Also, because of new integrations and features of social networks such as Instagram video ads, Facebook videos and YouTube video ads, short promotional videos clips have been born.
If you are wondering if there’s a shortcut to make high-quality promotional videos to sell on Fiverr, then I have great news for you.
I am using a tool for some time that is capable of creating those promotional videos literally in minutes!
How to Create Videos Without a Software in Minutes and Sell on Fiverr
The method I am showing here is just only one method out there. You might find tons of other tools that can do the exact same thing as the tool I am showing here do.
- Visit the Rocketium website and create your account.
- After sign up, log into your Rocketium account and navigate to Dashboard >> Store. Then buy or add fonts and music to your account. (Don’t worry. Most of those are free) For example, if you’re willing to create Buzzfeed style videos in your local language, you may have to add the relevant font to your Rocketium account first.
- After purchasing relevant fonts and music, click on the “Create a New Video” button to create your very first video.
- Now you will see two options on the next page.
- Select a relevant template to create Buzzfeed style videos. For example, if you want to sell outros, then select the “Outros” tab in templates categories and select one of the available options.
- Once you have got the experience and improved the video creating skill, you can start creating a video from scratch.
- I recommend playing with Rocketium for a while. Understand how to create specific videos for each industry and based on topics, purposes, etc.
- Create your gig on Fiverr for your service. Make sure to select relevant categories, sub-categories, and add matching tags. These two settings will make or break your Fiverr gig.
Believe it or not. Still, SEO services section in Fiverr boasts of having a large chunk of customers.
Obviously, there are shady or blackhat SEO promotions in Fiverr. However, some SEO services yet to fill the marketing gap.
Or in other words, there are still opportunities to acquire SEO clients through Fiverr for whitehat SEO practices.
Here are some of the services you can start selling today.
- Keyword research
- Website Audit (Onsite and Offsite)
- Backlink analysis
- Technical SEO services
- SEO Plugins and Tools integration
- SEO Consultation services
Here are a few tools I recommend for SEO services.
- Semrush — An all-in-one digital marketing toolset for SEO, content marketing, paid advertising, digital marketing, and more! I use Semrush especially to improve traffic of my sites (Learn more here). Use this Semrush coupon code to create a Semrush free trial GURU account for 14 days.
- Website Auditor — One of the best or the best website audit software for Windows, Mac, and Linux based computers. I have a Website Auditor Enterprise subscription which allows me to send white-label reports to my clients.
- SEO Powersuite — SEO Powersuite by Link-Assistant consists of different tools for SEO and social media marketing. Having a subscription allows you to sell reports to your clients on Fiverr.
- BrandOverflow — Another SEO software suitable for agencies. I use it primarily for tracking keyword ranking on Google. But, it offers many services such as SEO audit, backlink checker, and more.
One Fiverr Gig idea to make money with Fiverr using SEO tools
One issue most webmasters, SEOs are facing is not knowing how to improve SERP rankings. On-page SEO is the fundamental step of improving keyword rankings in search engines. Bad links, poor usage of H tags, HTML errors, images without alt tags, and mobile-friendlessness won’t help it whatsoever.
That’s where Website SEO Audit comes in…
You can offer website SEO audit services on Fiverr and make a good amount of money just using software alone.
I know many people do this. Here’s how to make money on Fiverr offering website audit SEO services.
- Download Website Auditor to your computer over here.
- Install Website auditor.
- Create a new project and Enter the website address you want to audit.
- Select default options and let Website Auditor audit your website.
- After the audition, you can go to Reports >> Create a new report to make a new report from scratch or use an available template. Personally, I have made different SEO audit reports for each plan my clients are paying for me.
- You can export the website audit report(s) in two different formats: PDF (Portable Document Format) and HTML (HyperText Markup Language). PDF export format is widely used. However, there are advantages of using HTML export format as well. You can also offer HTML export as an extra offer.
7 Tips to make more money with Website Audit services
- Offer site Visualization graphic and export files and an extra offer.
- Offer Keyword analysis in the higher pricing plan. (If used tiered pricing plans in Fiverr)
- Offer domain strength report as an extra gig.
- Offer a TF-IDF report in a higher plan or as an extra gig.
- Charge a fee to offer white-label reports.
- Offer discounts for recurring customers.
- Offer other services such as fix HTML errors to make extra money through Fiverr.
In fact, you can make more money with Website Audit services. The key to making a high recurring income is to have regular, loyal customers. Offer new customers discounts for the next order to increase your revenue.
Impress customers by giving bonuses and adding more value. Always think from the customer’s perspective.
Social Media Management Services
Social media management services is an easy category for most people. You don’t need technical and programming knowledge to manage Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, and Pinterest boards.
While there are tons of social media management tools, you can start a gig on Fiverr to sell social media management services to make extra cash online as a part-time freelance worker.
How to make money on Fiverr selling social media management services
To manage multiple social media accounts, you should have a good automation and management tool.
I personally use and recommend Content Studio for anybody who is looking for a highly functional and powerful social media marketing tool.
Here’s a way to use Content Studio to manage your client’s social media accounts.
- Sign up to Content Studio over here.
- Connect your client’s social media page(s).
- Set up “Queue” in Settings to set optimal times to publish social media postings. Content Studio will generate the best times to post on your social media pages. However, you can alter timings.
- Use the “Content Discovery” tool in Content Studio to find popular content to post.
- Publish viral content on your clients’ social networks.
Withal finding viral content and posting on social accounts, with Content Studio, you can set up automation campaigns to share others’ content too.
It’s really helpful to grow social media engagement and make your social accounts are not spam looking.
Brand Mention Reports
It’s actually unbelievable to see there is not a single gig related to brand mention tracking and reporting on Fiverr. (At the moment of writing this article)
It means there is an excellent opportunity for you to start a brand mention tracking and reporting gig on Fiverr today and make money.
These days, it’s really difficult to find a business that isn’t using social media to increase brand awareness and grow business.
Brand mention tracking allows businesses to find out channels and sources where the business is mentioned and listen to the conversations.
You can create a Fiverr gig to provide brand mention reports on specific social networks, forums, and websites.
For example, you can provide services to offer reports for brand mention activity on Reddit social network.
How to make money on Fiverr offering brand mention reports.
Follow steps below to track brand mentions and specific keywords on web.
- We use Awario for tracking brands/domains and keywords and making mention statistics reports. Sign up for Awario free trial over here. Be sure to use one of these Awario coupons to get up to 50% OFF discounts.
- Create an alert to monitor specific keywords or domain activity over the Internet. Make sure to select relevant options under sources, countries, languages, and date range.
- Let Awario a few hours to track the brand name over the specified source.
- Set White-label report settings and provide the link to your Fiverr customer.
As brand mention tracking is a tough job and most Internet monitoring tools are not capable of monitoring websites like Reddit and some forums except Awario, you can charge a high fee.
How to Promote Your Service on Fiverr
Now you’ve found 4 ways to make money on the Fiverr freelancing platform. The beauty of Fiverr is that the minimum gig price is $5 and you add extra add-ons to your primary offer.
For example, if you’re going to offer website audit reports, you can provide extra add-ons for custom reports, white-label reports, etc.
Fiverr takes 20% of the revenue you make through their platform. Customer/buyer has to pay the PayPal fee.
Here are a few tips to consider when listing your service on Fiverr:
- Title: Write a short and appealing headline that is user and SEO-friendly. Highlight special terms by using all Caps Lock keys. Ex: I will record 10 MINS explainer Video of your product for $5
- Description: Make use of all characters as possible. Use bold, italic, and highlight style formats to make your explanation more enticing. Make sure you include a few keywords in descriptions. In more words you add, your gig will rank for more Long Tail Keywords in Fiverr and in other search engines too.
- Images: Highlight your service by adding a few photos. You can use a graphic designer such as Crello, Stencil, or Pixeteller to make featured images. Also, use a tool like ShortPixel if your graphics are large in file size.
- Tags: Tags are a critical ranking factor in the Fiverr search algorithm. Using irrelevant tags for your Gigs will cause to get minor traffic and a terrible conversion rate. So search on Fiverr a bit deeper to find out relevant services and their tags.
- PDF: If you offer services like Website SEO Audit reports, social media reports, keywords research reports, etc., then showing some examples of your works will help in increasing the conversion rate.
- Video: Fiverr has found that sellers who present their services on videos, sell 220% or more than Gigs without videos. Create an explainer video about your gig and upload it to Fiverr. You can hire someone on Fiverr to create an explainer video.
The above tips are essential to rank your service in Fiverr and get more sales. Also, there are a few things you could do to get more cash-in-hand customers to your Fiverr landing page.
- Promote Your Gig on Social Media repeatedly: Doesn’t social media drive sales? Who says it doesn’t? Social media could help you get more sales, directly and indirectly, in both ways. Use these Best Twitter marketing tools today to promote your Gig on Twitter seamlessly. And you would use ContentStudio to promote your Gig on Facebook Groups, Pinterest boards, LinkedIn communities, and other social networks automatically. So you needn’t log in to social accounts every time you want to drive social traffic.
- Promote Your Gig on Websites and Blogs: You sell a service, right? So why you don’t mention the service on your portfolio or blog? Chances are high, if you can spread more about your gig online, right? Then guest post on high-traffic blogs, share your gig on YouTube (VBlogging), SlideShare, and Medium publication sites. There are lots of ways to promote your service online to get much exposure. You just need to come up with creative promotional ideas.
- Get people to review your service: User-created content makes a significant difference in ranking your service on Fiverr. If you can get a few positive reviews about your Gig on Fiverr within the first few days, Fiverr will increase the rank of your service.
- Drive some traffic to your Gig quickly: This is a Fiverr strategy which I learned from a post in Matthew Woodward’s blog shared by Eze John. If you can drive traffic to your gig quickly, then Fiverr will consider your service and let it get more views on Fiverr too.
How to Increase Your Fiverr Earnings per Gig
Fiverr is one of the best money-making opportunities you would get as a kid, teenager, student, employment, house-wife, and pensioner.
There are a lot of people who earn thousands of dollars each month through Fiverr. If you are finding legitimate money-making ideas that will make you a living, then Fiverr is one of those sources.
Here are a few tips to increase Fiverr earnings fast.
Offer Gig Extras
Remember the extra offers you see when checking out in Amazon?
Backend is where most sellers make most of their money from Fiverr. Let’s assume you’re offering Website SEO Audit reports. You can provide these gig extras.
- Provide report in HTML file format.
- Provide Site Visualization graphic based on inLink rank and Traffic.
- Provide Content Analysis services.
- Offer Keyword ranking and optimization suggestions.
- Provide a TF-IDF report for keywords.
- Provide Domain Strength report.
These Value added services will surely help you increase your earnings at least 100%.
People want to save their time. Therefore, they more prefer to get their services done as quickly as possible.
You can get customers paid for getting their services done within one day. I have seen some graphic designers charge $20 just for the extra fast feature, but they charge only $5 for the basic service.
Maintain the response time in better rate
People check your past service record before hitting the Buy button.
If they see your average response rate is higher than expected, then I don’t think most people would even consider purchasing the Fiverr gig.
Orders in Queue
This is another objection of people that conduces to lower down the conversion rate. If there are hundreds of orders in the queue, so people might think about your Gig in two different ways.
- This person should provide a high-quality service.
- It seems like I won’t be able to get my service done quickly.
Therefore, to get more orders on Fiverr, you should complete more orders quickly. If you have a team spread out in different locations, you can use Slack to communicate and collaborate efficiently.
Days on Average
This is another factor that might affect your Fiverr sales. As your gig becomes more popular, a lot more people will prefer to hire you.
Hence you will get more orders, and Orders-in-queue will increase every day. And you’ll find it’s more challenging to complete all orders quickly. Therefore, you have THREE options:
- Increase the fee: You will lose some sales
- Increase delivery time: You will lose some sales
- Hire people to improve service efficiency: More preferable
Even in many cases, the very first two options above help in making you more money, you shouldn’t play with your customers. Always try to maintain a good substantial delivery time while you charge a fair fee.
In fact, Fiverr has added an option to filter search results by average delivery time.
Tips to Become Extraordinary on Fiverr and Beyond
Top Fiverr sellers have become famous and make lots of money for a reason…
…They think creatively (and mostly outside-of-the-box) and structure their Fiverr gigs before even thinking about the optimal title for the Fiverr gig.
Mindset is for everything; success and failure.
Here are a few golden tips to step up your Fiverr gig and stay a step ahead from other sellers.
- Over-deliver your new customers and recurring customers.
- Offer discounts for recurring customers.
- Build relationships with your clients. It’s better off if you start building an email list of your buyers.
- Ask loyal customers to review your service.
- Display Fiverr seller’s badge on your website. Here’s a guide to starting a blog on WordPress, if you don’t have a blog.
- Use Live chat widget prompts to promote your Fiverr services on your website. Read this guide to set up Gist on your site.
- Use Awario to find potential customers who are looking for the exact service you’re offering on Fiverr. Track certain buyer keywords such as “Looking for SEO consultant”, “How to improve my website SEO” etc., if you want to sell your SEO services.
- Move your business from Fiverr to your own platform. Fiverr is good because it has ready-to-purchase customers. However, for reasons, you should consider moving your business from Fiverr. I recommend ThriveCart to create stunning and high converting checkout pages.
- Use Omnify to build your own service store. Once you have direct clients, you should consider using a service like Omnify to sell your services.
Final words on how to make money on Fiverr
Making money online isn’t hard…
…If you followed a proven and/or right strategy.
Internet Marketing space has evolved a lot since the last half-decade.
Nowadays, there are new social dominators like Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger and Pinterest.
Similarly, if you’re looking for a part-time job or a micro job to make money online without a high investment at your end, then, my first (and might be only) suggestion would be Fiverr.
Fiverr is where a lot of freelancers, bloggers, and internet marketers put their first foot in this beautiful Online Marketing space.
If you don’t follow a strategy to make money on Fiverr, you may be going to fail.
Fiverr is the baby step of freelancing… But, there is a high potential to make money too.
Just like Joel Young, the 34-year old dad became a millionaire just providing voice-over services on Fiverr, you too can become a _______. (Fill the blank)
One crazy money-making Fiverr gig idea could make you a richer person than 95% of people in the world.
Your persistent and consistent workflow can make you even richer and a powerful man.
I strongly feel that you can make your first $1 on Fiverr if you followed the strategies I have shown above.
If you enjoyed reading this article and find it’s helpful for your colleagues and friends, do consider sharing this post with them.
Always remember, “the more you give, the more you receive…“
So, which Fiverr gig ideas are you more interested in? Your comments on Fiverr and strategies are welcome! 🙂