Whether you are an Amazon store owner, Amazon FBA seller, or Amazon Associate affiliate who runs a niche affiliate shop on WordPress, Shopify, Brizy, or Squarespace, you cannot neglect the importance of customer reviews on Amazon.
According to many studies like this, even five reviews can increase the likelihood of purchase by 270% compared with products without any reviews. In our previous articles on embedding Google Reviews on websites and Facebook Review widget providers, we discussed the importance of customer review plugins and how to embed them.
Being one of the most popular online shopping platforms and a familiar name among billions of people worldwide, Amazon is one of the top places to get reviews and promote your products.
One way to embed reviews on a web page is by copying and pasting content. But it’s not practical when there are hundreds (or thousands) of reviews for hundreds of items. That is why you should use an Amazon Reviews widget generator.
In this article, you will find the best Amazon reviews widget creators, how to use them, top features, and tips when embedding an Amazon Review widget.
- Why should you use Amazon Reviews widget?
- Who should use Amazon Review widgets?
- 5 tips to consider when using Amazon customer review widgets
- Top 5 Amazon Review Widgets to Use on Your Website
- Final words on best Amazon Reviews widgets
Why should you use Amazon Reviews widget?
- Strengthen trustworthiness – Amazon is not only an eCommerce website; It’s a reputable business review platform where verified buyers (with the condition of at least $50 spent on the last 12 months) can post reviews, others can rate them (upvote and downvote), report abuse, readers can sort reviews based on time posted, star rating, popular keywords, reviewer’s location, etc. So by embedding Amazon Reviews on the website, you can increase the authenticity of other reviews and strengthen trustworthiness, which according to many, impacts sales conversions in the digital age.
- Increase sales by publishing superb ratings of products – If you do not put it, people won’t know it. According to many studies a staggering amount, 93% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase. Some Amazon Review widgets mentioned below allow the creation of “review badges” that will enable you to show average star ratings and total review amounts.
- Improve search engine rankings and get more organic traffic – User Generated Content (i.e., Amazon customer reviews) is not only good for conversion rate optimization but also SEO (Search Engine Optimization) as well. Dynamically added content adds up buyer keywords that you might not target at first, increases dwell time by engaging readers (ex: people spend time reading reviews), etc., Also, several Amazon review aggregators allow you to enable Schema.org markups so that search engines can fetch data like average review ratings and total reviews and display them on Google search result pages. Studies like this suggest that rich snippet results in search engine result pages have an above-average CTR of 58%, and non-rich results fall below average at 41%.
- Shape brand reputation – 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations. Reviews are among the best ways to prove your business deserves trust, and by displaying positive reviews, you can shape the brand reputation using real reviews from Amazon. According to this report, reviews from verified users are more important than those submitted by unverified or anonymous users.
- Fill web page with related content – If you are an Amazon product vendor or even an Amazon Associate affiliate, it is good to have user-generated content on your product page with other materials, such as product demos.
- Get more positive reviews – Some Amazon Review widgets below display a “Write a review” button that people can use to post reviews on Amazon.
Who should use Amazon Review widgets?
- Amazon product seller – If you sell something on Amazon, such as a book, you can display Amazon reviews on your website, highlighting what others say about it.
- eCommerce site owner – If you sell on multiple places such as Amazon, BestBuy, and AliExpress or have a dedicated online store on a platform such as Shopify, or WooCommerce, you can display Amazon product reviews to increase conversions on those platforms.
- Niche affiliate marketer – Utilize Amazon customer reviews on affiliate promo pages aside from Amazon product comparison tables, arrows, progress bars, discount codes, and embeddable countdown timer widgets to increase conversion rates and long tail keywords for SEO.
- Product producer – Add an Amazon Reviews widget aside from Google, Facebook, and Trustpilot on your company product showcase web page.
5 tips to consider when using Amazon customer review widgets
- Personalize Amazon testimonials widget – Services listed below let you customize a widget with your own headings, colors, fonts, and sizes. Use customization options to translate and set the suitable color scheme and widget dimensions.
- The presence of negative reviews brings authenticity to a site’s review content – Reports have shown that an average star rating between 4.2 – 4.5 (out of 5) rating is to be ideal and trustworthy. Using all 5-star rated reviews on Amazon Review widgets makes them ‘suspicious.’ Shoppers are skeptical of overly positive reviews, and most shoppers actively seek out negative reviews. Negative reviews lend credibility to other reviews, so there’s no point in hiding them.
- Review placements matter – According to the How Online Reviews Influence Sales report by Spiegel Research Center, the first 5-10 reviews have the greatest impact on sales growth. Subsequent reviews are not as important in this context, so make sure the first few reviews are convincing by using the “Include” feature on Amazon Review widget builders.
- A/B test – Split test your landing pages by using different widget & layout types (ex: grid, carousel, masonry), and color schemes to optimize sales funnels. To increase conversions, you can utilize other plugins such as FAQ widget, countdown banners, Before and after image slider, clients logo slider, attractive pricing tables, and total sales number counter.
Top 5 Amazon Review Widgets to Use on Your Website
ElfSight Amazon Reviews Widget
ElfSight is an online service that provides widgets for websites. Its plugin library contains over 80 different widgets for different purposes, from collecting data and displaying content to converting visitors into leads and sales. Some popular ElfSight widgets are Instagram Feed, Whatsapp Chat, YouTube Gallery, Etsy Reviews, eBay Reviews, and Google Maps.
Its Amazon Review widget is filled with 8+ templates, layout designs, translation options, and many widget customization capabilities.
- Colorful templates – ElfSight provides 10+ different templates for Amazon Review widget.
- Carousel widget (like testimonial slider widget that auto rotates reviews on a given period)
- Floating Badge (best to showcase average amazon customer review rating on the website as a floating widget)
- Grid (List all the reviews in a grid layout with a ‘Load More’ button at the bottom)
- Badge (Inline Amazon review rating widget)
- Slider (display reviews in a sliding widget)
- Dark Carousel (optimized for dark themes)
- Dark Floating button
- Sidebar widget (best to embed amazon reviews on the sidebar).
- Display detailed reviews – Show the author’s name and profile picture, and when clicking on the author’s name or profile image, the browser will redirect to your Amazon product page. You can enable/disable opening external links in a new tab in settings.
- Review filtering options – ElfSight Amazon review tool lets you showcase the best reviews (only 5-star ratings or ones with 4/5 ratings) and exclude reviews that include profanity and specific words.
- Garner social proof – The header of the embedded Amazon reviews section includes a star rating, which is one of the most trusted kinds of ratings, the total amount of users who recommended your product with profile pictures of a few, and these elements are clickable and will redirect readers quickly to your Amazon product page.
- Automatic updates – ElfSight Amazon Review tool is one of the best Amazon Review widgets because it automatically fetches new reviews posted on Amazon and prominently shows them on your web page. This makes reviews not only fresh but also contextually relevant too.
- Customization options – Edit widgets according to your needs without needing program skills. Change colors, fonts, and sizes and add custom text to make it resonate more with your website brand and theme.
- Schema.org markups, custom CSS, responsive design preview, widgets & domain management, duplicate Amazon review widgets, statistics, and more.
Make an Amazon Review widget on ElfSight.
Use the widget builder by registering your account for free over here to create an Amazon review widget for your website.
Here’s a video on using ElfSight’s Amazon Review widget creator.
Copy and paste the code where you want to display Amazon reviews on the website. If you created an inline widget, you must place the
div element on the exact placement.
Tip: Use the
‘data-elfsight-app-lazy‘ tag to lazy load the widget. E.g: Load widget when a user scrolls down to the widget placement area. Check out the example below.
<script src="https://apps.elfsight.com/p/platform.js" defer></script> <div class="elfsight-app-ede89245-c738-41ac-933e-1fc6e13f17e0" data-elfsight-app-lazy></div>
Amazon Reviews in a carousel widget
Amazon review ratings as an inline badge (Click the reviews badge below to reveal customer reviews)
Amazon reviews widget in Masonry format
ElfSight’s Amazon Reviews widget is free to use. However, its free plan has certain limits: 200 widget impressions and the ElfSight logo on the widget. ElfSight subscription plans start from $5 per month.
JustReview is an online tool that allows you to collect reviews from your website and display reviews from Amazon, Facebook, Google, Yelp, and other popular review platforms on your website.
Although JustReview does not have customization options as ElfSight does, it does the job. Connect your Amazon seller account, choose which reviews to be shown using filtering options, customize the widget, and embed it.
- Supports 18 Amazon markets – JustReview supports all 18 Amazon markets so that you can fetch reviews from any amazon domain (ex: Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.in)
- 6 ways to display reviews – Badge, Testimonials, Counters, Summary, Stars, Page
- Widget creator – Change colors, fonts, etc.,
- Google Rich Snippets data – Add star ratings to your website’s results on Google.
It costs ₤9 per month to use JustReview’s Amazon review aggregator.
WPSocialNinja by WPManageNinja is a service that provides WordPress plugins to embed reviews from Amazon, Google, Yelp, Airbnb, and Booking.com. Tripadvisor etc., WPSocialNinja is also part of other popular WordPress plugins such as NinjaTables and FluentForms.
WPSocialNinja’s Amazon Review plugin for WordPress is packed with many features and functionalities.
- Templates and Layouts – WP Social Ninja provides several templates and layouts. Layout options are Grid, Slider, Masonry, and Badge.
- Display options – Filter reviews by minimum rating & title, utilize include & exclude options, and set the number of maximum reviews to be shown.
- Controllers – Show the reviewer’s name and profile image on reviews.
- Auto-sync – After an interval, all the reviews will be updated automatically.
- Header settings – Display your business name, reviews, and ratings, and add a call-to-action button (ex: Write a review) at the front end of your site.
Click here to try WP Social Ninja.
Widgets for Amazon Reviews
Widgets for Amazon Reviews by TrustIndex is another WordPress plugin to add Amazon Reviews to a WordPress site.
- 25+ pre-designed widget styles
- Display up to 10 reviews in 40+ widget layouts
- Filtering options
- Keep all reviews in a WordPress database and use assets stored in CDN (Content Delivery Network)
- Shortcode integration
Click here to download the plugin.
Widgio Amazon Reviews plugin
Widg.io is another service that provides customizable HTML widgets for websites. Its widgets library includes plugins such as Discord Chat, Social Feed, Age Verification Popup, JudgeMe Reviews, and PayPal buttons.
Widg.io’s Amazon Reviews plugin lets you make an embeddable review widget for your website.
- 6 templates – There are six Amazon customer review widget templates based on each level: Grid, List, Masonry, Carousel, Floating Badge, Inline Badge
- Language Settings – There are 7+ languages, including German and Spanish, and the widget’s front end is fully translatable if your preferred language is not listed.
- Customization – Change the widget’s fonts, colors, and size and show/hide the author name, review source, etc.,
It’s free to use Widg.io’s Amazon Reviews plugin. However, as shown in the pricing plans screenshot below, it includes limits such as a low number of widget view caps per month.
Can I use Amazon Reviews on my website?
Yes, you can embed Amazon reviews on a website by using one of these tools. Here are the steps:
1. Customize your widget by excluding specific reviews and changing its appearance.
2. Get embeddable HTML code for the Amazon consumer reviews widget.
3. Place it where you want to highlight Amazon reviews on a web page.
What is Amazon reviews widget?
The Amazon Reviews widget is a feature that allows website owners to display reviews and ratings of products from Amazon on their own websites. It is typically provided as a piece of code that can be embedded into the HTML of a website.
The Amazon Reviews widget is a useful tool for website owners who want to provide their visitors with additional information about the products they sell or promote on their website, as it allows them to showcase reviews and ratings from Amazon, which is a trusted source for product reviews.
Can I use parts of Amazon Reviews on my website?
Using a quality Amazon review widget creator will let you specific maximum words limit on a review and include and exclude reviews.
Can customers review my product on Amazon if they bought it elsewhere?
The Amazon review system allows reviews to be shared even if the item was not purchased directly from Amazon. However, reviews by verified buyers will have a “Verified Purchase” tag next to the reviewer.
How to get reviews on Amazon
Here are a few tips to increase the quantity of Amazon product reviews:
1. Ask for a genuine review
2. Offer a discount for future purchases when leaving a review
3. Hold a giveaway campaign using one of these online giveaway competition tools such as UpViral (Read the review from here) and incentivize reviews.
Final words on best Amazon Reviews widgets
Among many actions one could take to increase conversions on a sales funnel, adding Amazon Reviews on the website is one of the best for many reasons. Being one of the most reputable eCommerce giants and having a trusted, verified user review rating system are two of them.
Keep in mind these tips when configuring your Amazon Reviews website widget:
- The first few reviews impact the most.
- Shoppers seek out negative reviews and are skeptical of overly positive reviews. So, do not hide out negative reviews!
- Average ratings between 4.2 – 4.7 convert best. A 5.0 rating is often considered “too good to be true.”
- Showcase review source (e.g., Amazon logo) and link to original content on the Amazon customer reviews widget to increase the credibility of review content.
- Use other review sources to increase variety and diversity. A quality All-in-one Reviews widget creator such as ElfSight to blend reviews from Google, Facebook, AliExpress, and eBay into one place can highlight your brand authority.
Among the services in this article, we recommend ElfSight Amazon Reviews widget because of its generous free plan, cheap pricing plans, variety of templates, and customization options.
Let us know if you use any other tool that did not list here in the comments below.