Getting Followers on Tumblr is not easier as you can get followers on Twitter.
Tumblr is a very specific social networking + microblogging platform which connects people around the world to share their great works, ideas, with no restrictions.
Visual content, especially, artworks dominate on Tumblr. Because a large part of users is accustomed to visuals. Therefore, the more creative you are, you can get more followers on Tumblr.
That’s why today, I thought to design a unique infographic to show you how to get lots of quality Tumblr followers.
You can embed this infographic on your blog by giving away proper credit to this post. (must provide an attribution link)
How to Get More Followers on Tumblr – No Promos, For Free
Here are those 25 actionable tips to get more followers on Tumblr.
- Like Posts: Entice others that you care about their blog. Let them start a conversation by following you.
- Reblog posts: Add more niche relevant content. Build more relationships while building backlinks. One stone, two birds, right?
- Follow Others: Why do you wait till others following you? Follow them first and intrigue them to follow you back.
- Comment on other blogs: Be a part of their Tumblr community.
- Always be respectful to your followers and other users: Build trust. Be a helpful and kind person. Be their closest friend.
- Post on niche topics: Target your audience. Then broaden your niche steadily.
- Post high-quality materials: Never post low-quality content. Improve your Tumblr’s authority.
- Be original: Don’t copy others’ content. Come up with a unique post idea that will generate natural backlinks.
- Appeal your audience: Make them have no other choice rather than following you on Tumblr.
- Tag your posts: Get the most advantage of the Tumblr search.
- Be true to yourself: Never abuse other people. Respect for every religion and nationality. Don’t publish ANYTHING that you think they are not right.
- Use keywords in the title, image alt attribute, and body: Basic on-page SEO tactics.
- Use click-bait titles (Improve CTR): Read my case study to find how I increased organic traffic just by improving Click Through Rate (CTR).
- Analyze SERP rankings and develop a strong interlinking strategy: Interlinking can drastically improve SERP rankings by passing page authority. Make sure that you interlink at least three older posts whenever publishing a new Tumblr post.
- Verify your Tumblr on Google, Bing webmaster tools: Reveal you’re a human, not a bot to search engines. Check out the complete guide here.
- Post in-depth articles: Recent studies have found that in-depth posts usually posts with over 2,000 words rank higher on search engines.
- Analyze your competitors to find their SEO strategies: Who does know well about your niche rather than competitors? Check your competitor’s keywords using SEMrush and sprinkle on your articles.
- Improve On-page and Off-page SEO performance: Without a properly optimized SEO strategy, you can’t drive traffic to Tumblr. There are tons of valuable articles on on-page SEO and off-page SEO on the Internet. You’re just a few searches away to find them.
- Regular update blog for up-to-date content: This act will not only increase the Google index ratio but also improve SERP rankings too.
- Post beautiful pictures: Eye-catching images are the core of a successful Tumblr marketing campaign. Tumblr is filled up with captivating visuals. You don’t need to stop on static images. Make use of GIFs, whiteboard videos, explainer videos, and cartoons. You can design beautiful social media graphics for your Tumblr posts using an app such as Crello or Stencil App. It has features to add quotes to pictures too. Therefore, it’s a perfect tool for every graphic design needs.
- Use a custom theme: Custom themes will shift your Tumblr to the higher edge of a professional blog.
- Use custom domain name: Build trust and make a compelling blog by mapping a custom domain name.
- Improve user experience. (ex: navigation): UX or User Experience is the NEW SEO. You want to make it super easier for people to navigate through each page easily. Don’t allow them to use ad blockers. No pop over advertisements.
- Quick loading time: People won’t come back if your Tumblr takes too long to load. Use an online image compression tool such as ShortPixel.com to reduce the sizes of images without losing quality before uploading to your site. My Tumblr on-page SEO guide will take you further from optimizing your Tumblr for loading fast.
- Create social media pages: Social media is an unofficial metric of measuring how much authority your blog is. The more followers your social media pages have, the more followers your Tumblr will gain naturally. Use these social media tools to shift your social media marketing campaigns from zero to top.
I recommend you to check out this Tumblr SEO guide to optimizing your Tumblr for search engines and this competitor’s keyword research tutorial to analyze your competitors. These two articles will make a HUGE difference to your Tumblr marketing campaigns.
Also, I always recommend using a premium Tumblr theme rather than a free Tumblr theme for your blog. You can find a perfect theme from Themeforest and CreativeMarket. They both have beautiful and professional items for every niche.
If you are serious about blogging and want to generate lots of followers on Tumblr, I suggest you follow steps in this tutorial to convert your subdomain (yourblog.tumblr.com) to a top-level domain (TLD) (yourblog.com).
You can get followers for Tumblr without spending money for advertising and other paid promotional campaigns.
Yes, there are black hat methods to get subscribers to Tumblr too. But, as you and I know, they don’t work anymore. In simple words, they are USELESS tactics to get more followers on Tumblr.
Even though you used them, you won’t build a real follower base.
You should build a raving audience which will reblog your posts, share on their social media profiles and even link out to them on their professional blog.
Share your favorite method of getting more followers in the comment form below.
P.S: If you enjoyed reading this article and liked the infographic I have shared, please share it on your favorite social network. Thanks!