How to Submit Your Website to Google Search Console
As a website owner, you want to increase the website traffic, as it’s the intention of anyone. To done this typically, the easiest method is increasing the rank of your site in SERPs. As you know in these days, it has become a tough task to rank your site on the first page of search engine result pages.
As it being said, a drop of one placement of SERP may cause to lose thousands of dollars in sales, and they may visit your competitor website and buy products from them and subscribe to their mailing list. There are many search engines like Yahoo, Baidu, Yandex, Bing to make it easier for people to find solutions in a matter of seconds. But as we know, Google is the primary search engine used by billions of individuals all over the world every day.
More than 64% of searches is based on Google search engines. So if you want more traffic from search engines like Google, you have to make your site adhere Google webmaster guidelines.
In a previous SEO article, I have explained to you how to submit your website to search engines and a few tips about search engine submission. If you didn’t reach out that post, I suggest you read that article, not only to submit a site to Google, also for other slow-crawling search engines which can send massive traffic to your website and blog.
All the blogs and websites should have to follow Google’s guidelines to receive decent traffic from their searches. So you have to identify all updates roll out by Google.Google Panda, Google Penguin and also Hummingbird updates are key factors which decide where your web pages rank on SERPs.
Yes, Google uses more than 200 website ranking factors too. However, if you do not manipulate SERP rankings and provide value, then you shouldn’t worry about anything particularly.
Google search Console (previously Google webmaster tools) is the key asset of any webmaster. You can use this invaluable SEO tool to find tons of chances to improve your website SERP rankings. Here are a few of those advantages you get using Google Search Console.
- Increase website traffic: Literally Google rules the web. Every update made by them directly matter to Internet Marketing and even offline marketing. So, you can stay up to date with current SEO trends, updates and increase website traffic accordingly.
- Get noticed what you should do for your site: Google helps your site to grow. Yes, that’s true. In Google search console you can find a few valuable tools to improve web appearance and minimize errors.
- Control search engine listings: – Yes, you can remove any of URLs from Google SERP that you think it shouldn’t appear. If Google shows site links for your website in SERPs and you don’t want a certain page to listing there, you can devote it within the Google search console.
- Check which keywords that drive traffic to your site: – Recently, Google stopped showing the top keywords that generate more traffic to your website by displaying (Not provided). Once you connected your Google Analytics account with Google Search Console, you can analyze these major keywords and keyword phrases through your Google Analytics dashboard.
- Google fetch as Googlebot: If you want to expedite the index of web pages by Google, just use fetch as Googlebot feature within Google Search Console.
- And Much More…
As you noticed, to get the best from Google you must verify your site ownership with Google Search Console. In other words, you must submit your website to Google. So if you’re thinking.“
So if you’re thinking “How do I submit my site to Google,” this short SEO tutorial will be helpful. Keep in mind, every authority website and blog make use of Google Search Console to improve their search engine rankings. So don’t underestimate its value and the usefulness and most importantly, it is one of the
So don’t underestimate its value and the usefulness and most importantly, it is one of the best FREE SEO tools you can find on the Internet today.
The Complete Guide To Submit Website to Google Search Console
OK, let me tell you something here. You have to create a Google account to submit your site to Google. One Google account handles all services like Google Docs, Gmail, search history and also Blogger. So if you want to submit your Blogspot blog to Google Search Console, then you can use the same Google account which hosts your blogs. By doing this, you don’t have to verify your new blogs which are created on the same account.
Step #1: Go to “Google webmasters” website and click on the “Sign into Webmaster Tools” button.
Step #2: Once you landed to Google Search Console page, you will see the “ADD A SITE” button on the page. Click on it.
Step #3: Then you will see a pop-up box, where you have to enter the URL of your website. After typing the URL, click on the “Continue” button.
Step #4: Now you added your site to Google Search Console, and the most important thing to do now is that verify your website ownership. One of the recommended methods is uploaded a file to your website hosting server. If you’re going to add your hosted site like Blogspot or Tumblr blog to Google, then you have to use an alternative method.
Among those methods, you can use any of methods to verify your website. If you are using the first alternative method, “HTML tag,” you just need to place the script only on your homepage above of <head> HTML tag. You can do this easily, by adding the snippet to your blog theme.
Step #5: The last step, click on “Verify” button. If all are done correctly, you should see a success message.
What to do Next
After verifying your website ownership with Google Search Console, you have to add a sitemap. By adding a sitemap, Google can find the content architecture of your website. That way Googlebot will crawl your website more efficiently. Below are a few articles on adding a sitemap to Google Webmaster tools.
- Add a Google sitemap to BlogSpot
- Add a Google sitemap to WordPress
- Add a Google sitemap to Tumblr
- Submit a sitemap to Google Search Console
Now you verified your site on Google. Once you have verified your websites and weblogs, you can manage those by logging to webmaster tools account.
In the beginning, you will not see the traffic reports, ranking status. But after a few days, you should see all those statistics on the webmaster tools dashboard, and also you can find out which keywords drive most of the traffic to your blog and which keywords rank lower on SERPs. So you can optimize those keywords in your blog posts and increase the search engine rank position.
Don’t stop by verifying your website with Google Search Console. Here are other major webmaster tools which you would use to increase your organic traffic.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Control over search appearance in Yahoo and Bing search engines.
- Baidu Webmaster Tools: Drive target traffic from Baidu, Chinese search engine.
- Yandex Webmaster Tools: Make sure you get quality traffic from Yandex, Russian language based search engine.
In this short tutorial, I explained to you how to submit your website to Google and verify your ownership quickly within just a few minutes. You can find a few helpful tutorials under Search engine optimization posts category on ProBlogTricks and by using the search box.
Also, I will be sharing more tutorials related to SEO in my future posts. So to keep updated, make sure you have subscribed to ProBlogTricks newsletter.