But, it is not necessary to use both tools in your business. ConvertBox and Thrive Leads have their strengths and weaknesses in certain areas. In this ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads review, you will find out which tool you should use in your business.
ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads
- Opt-in forms – For growing your mailing list
- CTA widgets – For taking users to specific pages. ConvertBox tracks link clicks too.
- Other types of forms such as quizzes and survey forms.
Check our ConvertBox review for more in-depth analysis.
- Widgets management – Since ConvertBox is a SaaS tool, you can integrate all your sites and manage widgets of each site separately under one dashboard. Also, widget “grouping” allows you to categorize a set of widgets based on the purpose (ex: opt-in forms, inline forms, CTA widgets, or even campaign names, etc.,) duplicate/clone widgets, and transfer any widget to another site in your ConvertBox account.
- Integrations – ConvertBox provides native integrations with many popular email service providers (ESPs), such as MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Aweber, and Hubspot. Also, you can integrate with any custom ESP through HTML form integration. Furthermore, integration platforms such as Pabbly Connect, Zapier, and Integrately include ConvertBox as one of their apps so that you can connect to thousands of services.
- Send events to Google Analytics – Add goals, track performance, and optimize campaigns with data provided by Google Analytics.
- Drag and drop page builder – Build your widgets without needing any coding skills. Select a template type from four different types, use the “Steps” feature to create multi-step forms (ex: Yes/No forms and surveys), edit mobile-only view, and use elements such as countdown timer and progress bars to boost conversion rates.
- A/B split testing – Optimize widget performance through split testing. Two ways to A/B test: 1) Cookied split test 2) Regular split test (aka random split test)
- Change ConvertBox type – Convert your ConvertBox type from one to another (ex: Popup to Inline form) with a click of a button.
- Import and export ConvertBox – Import ConvertBox from another user or share your ConvertBox with others.
- Advanced display and targeting options – ConvertBox provides tons of ways how you can target users and display every widget. Furthermore, button settings let you set up actions such as applying a quiz score value & custom field name and value, firing a tracking script, and setting up targeted integrations.
- Analytics – Find which widget variant performed better during a specific period and more with analytics.
A/B split test is a critical feature. ConvertBox shows key metrics such as interaction rate (for call-to-action buttons) and leads conversion rate (for subscription forms). However, it does not provide statistical significance metrics which is used to determine high-performing variant. You might have to use an A/B test calculator like this one for it.
The integration with WordPress with ConvertBox’s WordPress plugin lets you target users based on post category and tags and whether a user is logged in or not, which is especially useful if you want to display ConvertBox widgets to non-registered users and vice versa.
Targeting options allow you to display any widget to the right visitor at the right time.
It is quite easy to create multi-step forms and start split testing. (Great for creating qualification widgets and segmentation forms)
Plus, the ‘Teaser box,’ the newly added feature, lets you catch users’ attention with the small chat-widget-like box and its animation and sound effects. Watch the short video below to see how it works. (Volume up your device if it’s low)
In addition, ConvertBox provides a wide variety of features, such as a media file manager and team members.
Thrive Leads Review
Thrive Leads is a WordPress plugin from ThriveThemes. ThriveThemes provides various plugins such as Thrive Architect, Thrive Comments, and Apprentice (a membership plugin) to power your website. All of ThriveThemes’s plugins are licensed under GNU public license, just like most WordPress plugins.
Thrive Leads plugin lets you create opt-in forms and CTA widgets inside your WordPress dashboard.
- Widgets organization – Thrive Leads eases the organization of widgets. You can create groups and track performance very easily.
- Four different ways to use Thrive Leads
- Lead Groups – Create opt-in forms and CTA widgets based on nine different types: In Content (automatically embedded), LightBox (shows as a popup widget), Post Footer (automatically embedded), Ribbon (shows like a notification bar at the top of the page), Screen filter lightbox, Scroll mat, Slide-in, Widget, and PHP insert.
- Lead shortcodes – Embed widgets anywhere on your WordPress site by placing the shortcode.
- ThriveBoxes – Show opt-in form or CTA widget once a link or button is clicked.
- Signup Segue – Also known as One-click signup links. Used to autofill details on a web page based on the data in URL query strings. Best to use on special promotions and reduce friction on your sales funnels.
- Advanced targeting – One of the best things about Thrive Leads compared to ConvertBox is that Thrive Leads provide much more flexible targeting options. For example, you can exclude specific posts and pages based on taxonomy. Plus, you can save display configuration as a template and re-use it later without needing to go through every step again, unlike in ConvertBox.
- Asset Delivery – Automatically deliver download links to your lead magnets to new subscribers without setting up emails in your email autoresponder, which is required when using ConvertBox.
- Drag and drop widgets builder – Thrive Leads is one of WordPress’s most powerful opt-in form builders. Preload a saved template or download one from Thrive Leads Cloud library, use 20+ elements, including countdown timers, customize the widget with advanced settings such as layout and position, color adjustments, and scroll behavior and do much more. Plus, Thrive Leads lets you edit HTML source code (perfect for fixing bugs and cleaning out widget code) and change appearance with custom CSS.
Watch the demo video below to see how I make a subscription form on Thrive Leads.
Additionally, Thrive Leads includes a great section of reports where you can find daily conversions, CVR (conversion rates), and A/B tests with beautiful charts and compare performance against a previous period.
ConvertBox is currently on a lifetime pricing promotion where you can purchase ConvertBox for a one-time fee. No subscription fees.
Learn more about ConvertBox prices from here.
However, Thrive Leads is on a subscription-based pricing model.
ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads prices in short:
- ConvertBox costs only $495 one-time fee
- Thrive Leads charges $99/year
- ConvertBox is worth five subscription periods of the standalone Thrive Leads plugin.
- ConvertBox’s lifetime price can increase and change to subscription-based pricing anytime.
ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads: Differences
- Widgets management is more manageable in ConvertBox, especially if you have multiple sites – Suppose you have several WordPress sites. In that case, ConvertBox is convenient as you can very easily duplicate a widget and move it to another site. But, with Thrive Leads, you have to export it as a Zip file and import it to the other site from the Advanced settings in the widgets editor, which involves extra steps.
- Thrive Leads is a plugin – Since Thrive Leads is a WordPress plugin, it might slow down or conflict with other plugins on your site. Also, your web hosting storage will fill with “Leads Details” and log file information of Thrive Leads. You will have to delete those from time to time.
- Thrive Leads makes delivering lead magnets more convenient than ConvertBox – Most bloggers utilize content upgrades as a method to grow an engaging mailing list. Thrive Leads is ahead in that area with features such as ThriveBoxes (display opt-in forms on click of a link) and the Asset Delivery method.
- Thrive Leads is a powerhouse in widget creation for WordPress sites – From asset delivery (sending lead magnets to new subscribers) to advanced targeting options (include and exclude URLs), display triggers, and inhouse A/B split testing with automatic winner selection to WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor with more elements than ConvertBox, Thrive Leads is better for a WordPress site.
- Thrive Leads provides more customization options – From scroll behaviors and icon library integrations to HTML source code of widget editing and custom CSS, Thrive Leads is more flexible when it comes to widget customization.
- ConvertBox can be integrated with your site through GTM (Google Tag Manager) – This makes you can load ConvertBox widgets without suffering page speed and user experience.
- Thrive Leads does not limit page views – One of the enormous benefits when comparing ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads is that the latter does not cap on how many times a widget can be shown. ConvertBox changed its pricing and features at various times and higher the chance of the monthly maximum view limit will decrease even more.
- ConvertBox is currently on a lifetime plan – Use ConvertBox on your and clients’ websites, not limited to WordPress, and receive future updates and support for free with a one-time fee. Thrive Leads’ lifetime deals have ended a long ago.
- Thrive Leads’ analytics is more data-rich than ConvertBox’s – ConvertBox reports are basic even compared with Convertbox’s alternatives such as Convertful.
- ConvertBox is feature-rich in visitor targeting – Unlike Thrive Leads, ConvertBox lets its users target visitors based on many conditional rules such as autoresponder tag, the cookie value, and visitor location.
- ConvertBox widgets are not 100% Whitelabel – When using ConvertBox to create CTA widgets, the user directs to the ConvertBox tracking link and then redirects to the external link. Also, the redirect waiting time is significantly higher considering present metrics. But, you can use a link tracker with a custom domain such as ClickMagick to cloak your tracking links when using Thrive Leads.
- Setting a start and end date/time of widgets is possible in ConvertBox.
One key difference I want to highlight in this Thrive Leads vs ConvertBox review is that in Thrive Leads when you download templates from Thrive Themes Cloud, some graphics are not optimized (ex: compressed), and more you download templates, content blocks, etc., and integrate external services such as Icomoon, it will add more HTTPS requests and increase overall HTML size which adds up to overall page loading time of your site.
However, since, ConvertBox is a cloud-based SaaS app, all media are hosted on Amazon servers which ConvertBox uses to host files, and only necessary elements are loaded on the front-end. Plus, you can reduce the impact on page speed a lot by using Google Tag Manager as the method of integrating ConvertBox with your site.
Thrive Leads vs ConvertBox: Win-overs
Here are a few sectors each one wins over the other.
|Thrive Leads wins||ConvertBox wins|
|Asset delivery||Widget transfer across multiple sites|
|Widget builder is more feature-rich||Google Analytics integration|
|Automatic winner selection on A/B tests||Change widget type|
|Export leads details||Advanced visitor targeting|
|Not limited in pageviews||Cloud-based tool|
Final words on ConvertBox on Thrive Leads
Both are great for creating opt-in forms and CTA widgets. However, there are several advantages of each tool to another. You found many of them in this Thrive Leads vs ConvertBox comparison.
Thrive Leads performs better with WordPress-based sites. If your business is purely based on the WordPress ecosystem, then Thrive Leads makes it easier to grow your email list and convert visitors into potential buyers.
On the other hand, ConvertBox is a cloud-based CRO tool. So, you do not depend on a plugin and do not need to worry about updates for bug fixes and adopting newer versions of WordPress. Also, ConvertBox adds new features such as “Teaser Box” to boost your conversion rate overall.
Both services provide superb support via email, no matter which package you have purchased. Help guides and tutorials can be found on respective websites, Youtube, and affiliate partners’ sites.
So, what is your choice between these tools? Share your ConvertBox vs Thrive Leads reviews below.