It doesn’t matter how big your website or how much traffic, revenue your website make in each month. If you don’t have an email list, you are putting huge money on the table. In a previous email marketing post, I explained why you must have an email list. Many people think that they must have a website or blog to build a list. But when you read this article, you will find that you can build your mailing list without having a website.
Every website, including big internet giants such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Amazon collect people’s email addresses. In last week, I receive some emails from LinkedIn informing me that the importance of their premium membership. Why a business company which is worth of more than $30 billion dollars sends me such emails?
There is one answer. It converts pretty well. If you put $1 for acquiring a subscriber, averagely you might earn $40 in return from every subscriber. Email list is the best weapon of marketers. Is it not?
What Can You Do With An Email List?
Here are 10 things you can do with an email list. If you have any ideas than listed in below, share it on the comment form below.
#1. Communication – Engagement – Online presence
There is no any other effective way than email to talk with your readers and potential customers directly. With an email list, you can share your best tips, thoughts with your readers. To do the job easier, you can build a follow up email sequence using the autoresponder program. Eventually, even the subscriber who sign up to your mailing list after four months receives tips and advises you shared with current subscribers..
With an email list, it’s easy to build an engaged audience who will respond to your questions, shares your post on social networks etc. It’s because you talk to your subscriber as a friend. Most email marketing services have the personalization feature. It’s very powerful because, with a just one merge tag, you can change the whole concept of the email newsletter. Many professional bloggers say that they receive a lot of social shares and blog comments from their potential email subscribers. Neil Patel, the founder of QuickSprout blog have said in this post that more than 30% of social shares and comments are coming from their email subscribers. If you’re a blogger and don’t have an email list yet, it’s time to start building an email list. The later you are, you put off more money on the table which might have to you if you start collecting email addresses of blog readers.
It’s an easy work to increase your online presence with a quality email list. You can communicate with your subscribers directly, engage them and also introduce them yourself. Ask them to follow you on Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. Not only that you can ask them to share your next post on desired social networks. Email subscribers converts pretty well rather than any other marketing strategies. That’s why Amazon and Ebay send you related products you just viewed or bought to your email address. Everyone uses email marketing to communicate, build an engaged audience and increase the online presence. Do you?
#2. Instant Traffic driving to any place on the web
Email subscribers convert pretty well. So traffic from your email list to your blog post is worth. They might be the first commenters, social sharers or link builders. The useful advantage of having an email list is that you can drive instant traffic to any place on the web including your older blog posts.
Think if you have an email list with 100,000 subscribers and list’s CTR is 3%, so you can expect at least 3000 engaged people will read your next blog post. It’s free traffic without SEO or social media. So, as a webmaster you must start building your list right today. It’s crucial to make sure your traffic inflow is stable and consistent.
#3. Earn Money promoting Affiliate products on your email list
Affiliate marketing and email marketing are one. Without email marketing, affiliate marketing doesn’t sustain. Many digital product publishers collect email addresses of buyers. So they can upsell relevant products to the email list. You cannot convert every subscriber into buyers at first. What you need to do is use an email autoresponder software to convert readers into buyers.
Don’t pitch products in every day to your subscribers. Make the curiosity, urgency and convince them scarcity. OTO (One Time Offer) product does this very well. Use below sequence to convert your subscribers into buyers or make them unsubscribe!
Always make sure you’re not sending emails out in every day. Maintain the time gap in 3-4 days. Else, email clients might think that you’re a spammer and send your messages to the spam box. And people don’t like to subscribe to newsletters which send emails in every day.
If you want to make some lucrative income from the internet, don’t go for dirty, scam money making ways, such as pay per surf, pay per click etc. Build your email list and start monetizing it. After some time you’ll learn how exactly legitimately make money online with email marketing and affiliate marketing.
#4. Sell your own products and services
How do you sell your own products or services? From your blog and on email list. These are the best and cheapest ways to sell your own products without spending a dime.
You can create your own digital product like an eBook, video course, and membership site. Then create a static page on your website to promote your product for blog readers. In your email newsletter, you can show a banner for your digital product.
Also, you can sell your services (ex: free WordPress installation service, blog migration services) on your blog and email list. Darn Rowse, the founder of problogger.net use his large email list to sell his eBooks. He earns thousands of dollars just from his email list. The amazing thing is that he doesn’t always email to his list. What he does is that send out an email with bonus to his readers.
Shoe Money has said that when he wants money, he goes to his email list management service and sends out an email to target audience.
Think how much money can you earn from a 100,000 list?
Do you want to make money promoting your products and services online? So start building your email list today!
#5. Build a New Online Business
Most valuable online assets you must have is the email list. You can buy email lists for marketing. But, don’t sell your email list. If you want to sell your email list online, inform your subscribers before they opt-in.
With a quality email list, you can build a new online business and drive instant traffic to it. You can collect email addresses of people using a squeeze page. Here is how you can collect email address before you start a blog.
- Purchase a domain for your blog. You can use Godaddy to buy a domain name and BlueHost for hosting your website.
- After installing preferred CMS/blogging platform (in most cases, you might choose WordPress), use an under the construction theme or you can get attractive construction HTML templates from Themeforest. Search email marketing sign up forms enabled HTML templates or WordPress themes.
- Install your Template and add desired sign up form fields on the page. You would use Aweber email marketing service to email list management. Many Static and WordPress themes have options to integrate Aweber email marketing tool.
- Search on Google for finding guest blogging opportunities. You would use these queries: intitle:”write for us” inurl:”write for us” YOUR TOPIC/NICHE HERE, intitle:”become an author”, inurl:”become an author” YOUR TOPIC/NICHE HERE.
- Write some quality guest posts and publish them on popular blogs. On author bio section, ask people to visit your blog.
- Use forums such as Warriorforum to increase traffic to your landing page. Post informative comments, so you can get more attention.
- Use Social media to promote your website. You may use Facebook groups, LinkedIn groups and Google+ communities to increase the inorganic traffic.
- Comment on other blogs to increase referral traffic.
- Change the under construction page’s elements such as colors, copy, CTA and design to test out the conversation rate, also known as split testing.
- Wait and see the results! After you publicized your blog, you can use the email list to increase the traffic of the new website.
Many companies don’t monetize first. But, collect email addresses. It makes sure that they collect at least 2% of 90% of not-returning back readers to their mailing list. If you don’t collect email address of your readers, so you’re under the control of Google. You make money from your blog until Google trusts you, Google sends you traffic.
#6. Doing User actions
Email marketing makes money for you, as well saves money of you. When you have an email list, you can use those subscribers to make actions such as signing up to your next music concert, webinar, summit etc.
Online marketers such as John chow use their large email lists to make user actions such as registration to a Google Hangout. It’s very powerful because it can get some extra new leads and increase your revenue. If you want to get the same traffic from PPC or other marketing tactic, you may spend thousands of dollars. Indirectly you save thousands of dollars as you have a mailing list.
Not only having a mailing listing makes money for you. But also saves money of you.
#7. Joint Ventures
If you want more readers and more customers, you need more traffic. Right? But all traffic doesn’t convert well. So how do you get targeted traffic to any web page even to an affiliate page? The best way is joint ventures.
What is a joint venture?
As the term of words, Joint venture is a business with two groups. Let’s think you have an email list of blogging niche. I also have a mailing list of blogging niche. So we can do a joint venture with an agreement to exchange certain clicks. If you and I can provide 100 clicks between each other, we can exchange unique clicks. If you want to add people in my list to your email list, I can send traffic to your squeeze page. Also, if I want to send targeted traffic to an affiliate website related to blogging, I can ask you to send certain traffic to the affiliate page. It’s free and win-win situation for both groups.
Many marketers use joint ventures to increase their email list and make money online. If you have a good mailing list, you can easily grow your email list without extra efforts and spending money for PPC.
How do you hire a blogger for the joint venture?
There are a lot of websites who connect marketers to do joint ventures. However, you can connect with bloggers and ask for a joint venture. It is a good practice because, if you got good results, you can do some other joint ventures in the future. The easiest way to do a joint venture with a blogger is visiting website and contact the webmaster. Ask him or her that you would like to do a joint venture. If webmaster like it, ask about the previous joint ventures and the number of email subscribers, open rates, CTR rates, number of USA subscribers, etc. After the agreement, you can send your email copy and ask their email copy.
I suggest you to first subscribe to their email newsletter, so you can know how quality their email list is and how webmaster writes the email copies.
Actually, joint venture is not bad. But, you must track the clicks you receive from the email newsletter. Ask always that he has done any joint venture in the past and if they have, ask for results. It’s very important because, someone can trick you by NOT sending or sending irrelevant traffic.
#8. Ezine Marketing (Sell Spaces on Email Newsletters)
There are a lot of ways to earn money from your email list. Ezine (Electronic Magazine) Marketing or Sell spaces on email newsletters is another lucrative way to make money.
You can sell space on email newsletters on,
- Your blog or,
- Content publishing networks.
The easiest and most lucrative ways is create a advertise page on your blog and give an option to buy email newsletter spaces. You get the 100% profit. If you attracted the advertisers, you might receive more orders.
Another alternative way to earn money from email list is that using a content/banner publishing network such as BuySellAds.
Sign up on BuySellAds as a publisher → verify your email list → Start making money
#9. Email List Renting
They’re a lot of people who are finding quality double opt-in email lists to rent. You can sell your email list per month or week for these people. You can rent email list only if you’re the owner and the moderator of email list. Don’t let other people to control your list. It’s illegal and people don’t like spam messages. Do you?
#10. Solo Advertising
Solo advertising is much like joint ventures. But, you get money for giving certain clicks for advertisers. Solo advertising is a very good way to earn money from your list. There are a lot of services to sell your email newsletters. You can find a lot of them googling.
Safe-swaps is a popular solo advertising network where marketers buy email newsletters. But, you can sell solo ads yourself on your own website. Just need to create another static web page and write a long copy. Testimonials work pretty well to attract advertisers.
How Do I create an Email List?
So, now you’re convinced that you must have an email list. Here is how you can start building your email list right now:
- Use an email marketing service such as Aweber. They offer 30 day free trial. Don’t worry. You receive all features that other marketers get, unlimited email lists, unlimited subscribers, unlimited follow up emails, sign up forms, landing pages and free file storage. Click here to sign up for Aweber right now. If you think that email marketing is not for you, you can cancel your trial account subscription within a few seconds. No question asked. I know you’ll not do it, because more than 300,000 successful marketers use Aweber to grow their business to the next level.
- Create an email list. Here’s the tutorial on how to create an email list on Aweber within 60 seconds.
- Create sign up forms. Watch this video to learn how to create an attractive email sign up form.
- Set up a follow up email sequence series. Click here to learn how to use Aweber email autoresponder.
- Create a freebie in exchange the email address. You can make anything that is value in for your readers. Ex: free video course, How-to guide whitepaper, free eBook etc. Also you can use PLR product to offer for your subscribers. However, I suggest you to create your own product. Because you know about your readers than anyone else out there. It will take one hour to a few days or even weeks. But, it’s paid off. The more creative you are, you will be able to convert more people into email subscribers.
- Show sign up forms in your website’s sidebar, bottom of the post, in about me page, newsletter sign up page and also on Facebook fan page. Click here to learn how to add an Email sign up form to your Facebook page easily. You can use a pop-out sign up forms to grow your list fast. Be careful when doing that. I suggest you to show popup signup form with the user actions. Ex: exit pop up boxes, showing pop out boxes with some times later. These small changes will not decrease the bounce rate highly.
- Start driving traffic to your landing pages and convert more people into subscribers. You may do A/B testing and split testing to identify the best landing page you have. Once you have the high converting landing page, you may use social media or other tactics listed in above such as solo advertising and joint ventures to grow your email list.
In simple words, if you don’t have an email list, you’re an idiot. (Sorry for harsh words. But it’s the truth) [Tweet This]
Many bloggers, including your competitors use email marketing to multiply their revenue. Do you?