Whether you are starting a new business or have an existing business, one of the fastest ways to grow it rapidly is by setting up a viral marketing campaign that gets the word going about your business, increases leads, backlinks & and co-citations of course, sales.
Which tool has the most user-friendly interface that you do not need to be a techy person to start a giveaway campaign?
Is UpViral or Viral Loops better in terms of features, prices, and stability?
That is what you are going to find out in this comparison article on UpViral vs Viral Loops.
UpViral vs Viral Loops: Features
Choosing a better sweepstake software can be challenging if you do not clear out the objectives first.
Do you need to increase messenger leads, email list subscribers, sales on your online shop, grow social media followers or crowdsource a specific or set of tasks like reviewing products on Amazon?
Depending on the objectives, the features you need may vary. In this UpViral vs. Viral loops review, I will explicitly share a set of features of both tools that make a big difference.
UpViral provides templates based on events and niches.
Plus, you can create a custom campaign from scratch. UpViral already has multiple leads and share pages that you can use.
However, in Viral Loops, you will see a different approach. Campaign templates are made to match the objective.
- The Milestone Referral
- The Startup Prelaunch
- The Newsletter Referral
- The Tempting Giveaway
- Viral Loops for Shopify
- Refer a Friend
- Messenger Bot Giveaway
- The Milestone Referral for Messenger
So, now you see, UpViral and Viral Loops are using different approaches when it comes to contest templates. While UpViral gives you the flexibility to use a template based on your niche (i.e., travel, video gaming) or the event (i.e., Black Friday, Halloween, Christmas), Viral Loops limit templates based on the objective.
When comparing Viral Loops vs UpViral, one thing that distinguishes UpViral from Viral Loops is the builder.
Upviral is one of few contest tools in the world that offer a drag-and-drop page builder.
Yes, you can customize the share page as well.
However, Viral Loops is not that feature-rich when it comes to building campaign pages. The Viral Loop’s Campaign Wizard provides several fields, and you can customize the appearance by using those. You cannot change the element order, change fonts, hide or show sections on mobile, for example, in Viral Loops. But the UpViral visual editor makes all these possible.
One of the essential parts of any giveaway campaign is tracking. UpViral is ahead of Viral Loops when it comes to integrating tracking pixels and scripts of any kind.
Although Viral Loops has a Google Analytics integration, its JS scrip integration allows only to run codes when people submit their details through the Viral Loops form or popup.
UpViral lets you run giveaways or contests under your domain and Whitelabel referral links with your own tracking domain.
Select any domain you have integrated under campaign settings in UpViral.
But, Viral Loops do not allow customizing the referral links.
Cheating and fraud can often be seen on giveaways. It’s normal. But, a powerful giveaway tool can help you minimize the number of fraudulent activities with anti-cheating features.
Upviral has implemented multiple measures to ensure the leads are high quality and real ones:
- Double opt-in
- Blacklist by email, IP and domain
- Google Captcha integration
- Integration with EmailListVerify
Viral Loops also have built up a fraud detection mechanism where you will be notified when fraudulent activity occurs.
One of the remarkable facts about holding giveaways is that people will visit giveaway pages from bookmarks, referral links, or directly. The amount of post-giveaway traffic is non-negligible.
UpViral’s Post-Giveaway actions have three options.
- Default page
- Custom Page
- Redirect to URL
However, Viral Loops does not have a setting for what to do when the campaign is closed.
UpViral vs Viral Loops: Integrations
It does not matter how good a referral tool is if it does not offer the integrations that you need.
UpViral has different integrations that help you run your giveaways smoothly and share lead data with your autoresponder or CRM tool.
Suppose the email marketing tool that you are using is not available on the list on UpViral. In that case, you can use the HTML Form integration method, where you copy and paste the HTML code of the subscription form got from the email marketing service.
Plus, UpViral has Zapier and Integrately (read the review on Integrately from here) and WebHooks (aka Callback), so you can connect with thousands of apps like Google Sheets, Facebook Leads, Slack so on.
A key integration I want to emphasize on this Viral Loops vs UpViral comparison is the ability to run giveaways on hosted UpViral pages and your website simultaneously with UpViral embedded widgets.
Viral Loops Integrations
Similarly, Viral Loops also has multiple direct integrations with email marketing tools, Zapier, Pabbly Connect, Google Analytics, MixPanel, and ManyChat, and it also provides WebHooks.
UpViral vs Viral Loops: Pricing
UpViral does not have a free plan but offers a 14-Day free trial for $1. Monthly plans start from $49 per month, and all of them allow unlimited giveaways.
The starter plan lets you run collect up to 10,000 leads per month. The best features of UpViral come from the Business plan (25,000 leads, managing up to 3 brands, GEO-restriction, A/B split testing, API + Zapier). The business plan costs $79 per month.
Viral Loops Pricing
Viral Loops has three primary pricing tiers.
- Start-up – $49/mo – 1,000 participants
- Growing – $99/mo – 3,000 participants
- Power – $29/mo – 25,000 participants
Additional participant cost in Viral Loops is $20 for every 2,000 participants, and it’s only available from the Growing plan. Some Viral Loops templates are unavailable for the Start-up plan as well.
The removal of Viral Loops branding is only available as an option on the Power plan, which costs $299/mo.
Support, Help Tutorials and Training
When comparing UpViral and Viral Loops, one factor that cannot be neglected is the training materials and assistance.
Both Viral Loops and UpViral provide email and Live Chat support. However, the available hours of Live Chat support might differ according to the time zones.
Viral Loops has tons of good case studies and tutorials on using ViralLoops.
Here is a video from Viral Loops YouTube channel that demonstrates how to use the Viral Loops Newsletter referral program with Hubspot.
Viral Loops Books section includes several high-valuable eBooks that will be very useful, especially if you are a business owner.
- From Visitor to Ambassador – Ambassador referral campaigns based on the Milestone concept
- Let The Ca$h Flow – Get a deeper understanding of what can make or break your eCommerce store.
- An Actionable Guide – The ultimate guide for referral marketing based on 47K campaigns
- Referral Marketing Wizards -Nailing Word of Mouth- – Learn how companies like Airbnb, Gilt, and Mailchimp become so big as they are.
- 35K Leads in 20 Days – A gym company built 35K leads by using referral marketing with Facebook Messenger.
- $67B Worth in Referral Programs – Learn how Dropbox, Robinhood, Harry’s, The Hustle built their referral programs
Viral Loops case studies section is also filled with lots of informative content.
- The Paypal referral program: Getting to 100M users (Link)
- Uber referral program: UNLOCKED (Link)
- eCommerce Case Study: How Frank Body made $20M selling leftover coffee (Link)
- Dropbox grew 3900% with a simple referral program. Here’s how! (Link)
- 35K leads in 20 days with a Messenger referral – Case Study (Link)
When comparing Viral Loops vs UpViral support, training materials, and case studies, Upviral is not second to anyone!
From Case studies to training materials to Live shows, UpViral offers one of the best customer education programs for referral marketing.
If you are new to UpViral, the best place to know all about UpViral is the Upviral’s Quick Start video training by the founder of UpViral.com, Wilco De Kreij.
Step up your growth marketing knowledge with Viral Hacking Masterclass.
Get access to PDF, downloads, and even mindmaps to help you plan, structure, and execute a giveaway campaign precisely.
Case studies can be seen on your UpViral Learning Center or UpViral blog.
Learn more features and case studies of the Upviral contest platform on this UpViral review.
UpViral or Viral Loops?
So, in this comparison of Upviral vs Viral Loops, you found key differences in features, pricing.
Areas where UpViral dominates over Viral Loops:
- Run rewards and sweepstake at the same campaign – One of the best features that Viral Loops still does not offer is the ability to run milestones and leaderboard competition simultaneously.
- A/B test lead and share pages and email notifications
- Custom actions – Get people to complete tasks and earn points
- Provide points for social sharing, sign-ups, and referrals, and opt-in page visitors – Viral Loops does not let you customize the points structure
- Winner selection methods – UpViral enables you to select unlimited winners based on the random weighted draw or most points.
Areas where Viral Loops dominates over UpViral:
- ManyChat Integration – Ever wanted to grow your Facebook Messenger subscriber list? Viral Loops makes it easier than UpViral.
- Viral Loops utilizes a referral entry system – Whereas UpViral uses a points system that can be confusing or disadvantageous on some occasions.
- Newsletter referral program – ViralLoops makes it possible to hold newsletter referral campaigns.
- Online to Offline – UpViral does not have Online to Offline referral marketing programs but ViralLoops.
Pricing-wise, UpViral offers more value and is cheaper than Viral Loops. It costs $299 per month to run giveaways that collect up to 25,000 leads. But, it only costs $79/mo in UpViral while getting unique features like A/B split testing and UpViral brand removal.
Essentially, if your objective is to hold giveaways that exponentially grow your email list and increase social followers, UpViral is the best choice. And if you want to build a Facebook Messenger list with the help of ManyChat, Viral Loops is the best choice.
Find Words on UpViral vs Viral Loops
Choosing a good giveaway tool that fulfills your requirements is essential. There is no point in using a tool with features like A/B split-testing if you want to grow your email list with hosted giveaway campaigns, for example.
Both UpViral and Viral Loops provide features and tools for a specific set of users.
In the article on UpViral alternatives, I have shared differences between Viral Loops and UpViral. Check it out if you want more options for Viral Loops and UpViral.
So, which is your choice between Upviral and Viral Loops?