Word of mouth is the one of oldest and most successful ways of driving referrals to any business. When analyzing the best viral giveaway software for marketers (solopreneurs, small businesses, and enterprises), UpViral takes a special place.
Why is UpViral special?
- Only viral marketing software that lets you A/B test Sign Up and Share Pages and email notification messages
- Run rewards and sweepstakes at the same time
- Automatic and Manual winner selection methods
- Post giveaway actions (display a blank web page, redirect traffic to another giveaway campaign, or direct people to the custom web address)
- Drag-and-drop visual giveaway page builder (best I have ever seen)
- Use UpViral landing pages and Widgets in campaigns (Not any other tool cannot do it)
- Custom tracking links give you a bigger picture of which networks’ or brands’ traffic is converting better.
But, UpViral might not be suitable for your needs.
- Why you might want to replace UpViral?
- Best UpViral Alternatives
- Viral Loops
- More UpViral Alternatives
- The Best UpViral alternative for you
- Final Words on UpViral Alternatives
Why you might want to replace UpViral?
In my recent UpViral review, I shared multiple pros and cons of UpViral. Here are several reasons why you might be looking for an UpViral alternative:
- UpViral pricing – When analyzing UpViral’s subscription plans, it’s crystal clear that significant features like A/B split testing, brand removal, Zapier, and API are offered in the mid-tier plan, which is the ‘Business’ that costs $79/mo.
- Referral marketing functionalities – UpViral is an excellent sweepstakes competition tool for marketers. It integrates with most landing pages and you can run contests on UpViral servers. Still, UpViral lacks features when it comes to referral marketing (i.e., refer-a-friend type campaigns and Loyalty programs). For instance, you cannot reward two sides (i.e., referrer and referee) prizes and customize sign-up and share widgets extensively.
- Customization – Upviral provides excellent features for creating landing pages for both Signup and Share pages. However, still, you cannot personalize landing pages and widgets as you want and add countdown timers (without any external tool like Powr) in Upviral.
- Points System – UpViral uses a points system instead of a referral system. You cannot reward for referrals. When running a giveaway with tons of custom actions, it can be complicated to reward the right people for their efforts in referring people.
- UpViral widget not working – Many Upviral users have complained that the widget is not loading or not working on their WordPress websites and other sites. So, if you are looking for an Upviral alternative for WordPress, you might want to check out one of the tools below.
- UpViral is not eCommerce friendly – Want to deliver dynamic coupons for each successful referral? That is not currently possible with UpViral.
- Test viral co-efficient with different tools – There is no perfect tool or service that will skyrocket your email list growth or referrals to your business. You have to test other techniques, strategies, and even tools.
So, in this article, I will list the best UpViral alternatives and compare each one with UpViral as a giveaway and referral marketing platform.
Best UpViral Alternatives for Marketers, Business Owners and Enterprise Businesses
Here are the top sites like UpViral to create your next giveaway, referral program, and evergreen content.
Vyper is a giveaway marketing tool that provides various features to help you grow your business via:
- Viral giveaways – Create one-off giveaway campaigns
- Referral, rewards, and loyalty programs – Give points for purchases, referrals, and social media actions.
- Recurring, evergreen contests – Hold competitions that never run off! One of the best ways to slowly and steadily grow your business
Like UpViral, Vyper provides three display modes to create stunning, targeted, and flexible giveaway campaigns.
- Landing Page – Use Vyper giveaway builder to hold giveaways on Vyper servers.
- Embed Form – Want to integrate a giveaway campaign to an existing page built on WordPress, Clickfunnels, Shopify, or Brizy platforms? Simply use the ‘Embed Form’ option.
- Widget – Display an intercom style widget and run your entire giveaway campaign through the widget. If you are a blogger and want to run a site-wide campaign, Vyper would be an excellent option to consider.
These benefits make Vyper a great UpViral alternative, isn’t it?
But what about integrations?
Luckily, Vyper is already integrated with many CRM and email marketing tools like Aweber, Klyavio, MailChimp, ConvertKit, and Drip. Plus, Vyper can be connected with thousands of other apps via Zapier, Integromat, and Integrately.
How does Vyper pricing compare with UpViral?
Pricing is a significant factor when considering which giveaway tool to choose.
Currently, Vyper has two plans:
$149 per month or $75 per month if paid annually
- 30,000 leads per month if connected own SMTP. Else 15,000 participants per month
- Use own custom domain
- Remove Vyper branding
- Track up to $30,000 revenue generated by Vyper per month
$299 per month or $150 per month if paid annually
- All Enterprise features
- Up to 120,000 leads per month if connected own SMTP. Otherwise, 60,000 participants per month
- Track up to $120,000 revenue generated by Vyper per month
- Create up to 10 sub-accounts (clients)
UpViral subscription plans start from $49/mo, and its highest tier, which is Premium, costs $199/mo. When comparing Vyper’s fees with Upviral’s, it’s clear that UpViral is cost-effective for small business owners and budget marketers.
UpViral vs Vyper
Vyper is an excellent competitor (and a great replace) for UpViral because of these two main reasons:
- Vyper has functionalities to track conversions happening on your website reward based on sales. But, transaction and conversion tracking is not a part of UpViral. It’s on their roadmap though.
- Vyper is a good UpViral replacement if you run a digital marketing agency. Currently, UpViral does not have a team member or sub-account features.
If you are looking for an UpViral alternative for referral marketing, GrowSurf is what you should probably have!
Growsurf is a referral marketing software for tech companies. GrowSurf can skyrocket your app installs, users, engagements, and paid customers through intelligent referral marketing campaigns.
If you own a SaaS business, GrowSurf is the tool you should look for instead of UpViral. Here is a video that shows how to use GrowSurf to create a referral program.
Why to use GrowSurf instead of UpViral?
UpViral is a great tool to build your email list fast. Its custom actions can be used to incentivize people to complete tasks like installing an app, subscribing to your iTunes, Youtube, SoundCloud, and Spotify channels. But, it is not enough. GrowSurf goes beyond general contests and lets you build your campaign with no coding skills required.
For example, you can customize the campaign to have all these reward types:
- Single-sided reward
- Double-sided reward
- Milestone reward
- Leaderboard reward
GrowSurf gives you the full extent of campaign-building ability.
- Automate fraud prevention
- Setting up credit expiration window
- Getting notifications on Growsurf events
And GrowSurf gives you full flexibility to build your own campaign for your directed needs. E.X: Reward only when someone installed your app and added payment details or signed up for a trial account
GrowSurf provides functionalities to track transactions and rewards based on purchases. Already, Stripe, Tango, and Klayvio are integrated – Perfect for boosting B2B and B2C paid customers!
Everything’s good. But…
How does GrowSurf pricing compare with UpViral?
GrowSurf has a free plan with very limited features and three paid plans.
- Startup — $200/mo – 2 campaigns. 10K participants
- Business — $400/mo – 5 campaigns. 25K participants
- Elite — $600/mo – 20 campaigns. 75K participants
Considering GrowSurf is a full-fledged referral marketing software for B2C and B2B companies, prices are considerable. Although UpViral’s fees are less expensive than GrowSurf, it is worth the price, especially if you have the right strategy to utilize referral marketing.
GrowSurf vs UpViral
UpViral is poor in team management, conversion tracking, two-sided reward campaigns, and referral marketing functionalities. One downside of GrowSurf is it does not have a split-testing feature. But if you can spend some time, you can integrate GrowSurf form into your existing landing page building software and split test from there.
Suppose you are a marketer and want to grow your email list and increase social following, podcast subscribers, TikTok followers, etc. In that case, GrowSurf is weaker than UpViral because it does not have a custom action feature.
All in all, if you are a marketer, use UpViral and if you are a technical business like a SaaS business, use GrowSurf’s referral marketing tools.
Gleam.io is one of the most popular giveaway tools for one reason — It’s easy to use!
Be it a social media promotion, Facebook giveaway, Crypto opportunity competition, or standard sweepstakes, Gleam got it. Since it’s the industry-leading giveaway software, it offers many features and benefits over UpViral.
- 100’s of powerful, ready to use templates
- Use on your website hosted Gleam servers, or even inside a Facebook tab
- Direct integration with 100’s apps
- Link tracking, analytics, and many more features
Essentially, You can use Gleam in four different ways:
- Competitions – Hold competitons and sweepstakes and incentive people to compete tasks and refer friends
- Rewards – Boost your business’s sales with coupon, gift card and sale promotion giveaways. Perfect for eCommerce site owners
- Galleries – Generate user generated content (UGC) and improve social engagement
- Capture – Build your email list
How does Gleam pricing compare with UpViral?
Gleam has a complicated pricing structure. People can purchase individual apps or subscribe to an all-in-one package.
- Competitions – From $10/mo
- Rewards – From $29/mo
- Galleries – From $29/mo
- Capture- From $29/mo
Gleam’s all-in-one package’s pricing starts from $97 per site per month. Its all-inclusive plan, which is Premium, costs $997/site/mo.
If paid yearly, customers save 24% and get double limits. Plus, Gleam has a limited free plan that is not worth any serious marketing campaign.
Gleam vs UpViral
Gleam is years ahead of UpViral in terms of features, templates, and integrations. However, there are still areas where UpViral stands out from Gleam. Here are some of them:
- Drag and drop landing page builder of UpViral gives you more opportunities to customize Sign Up and Share Pages to resonate with your brand, but Gleam has the same-looking templates that thousands of other people use.
- UpViral allows you to split test landing pages and widgets to achieve better conversion rates, but Gleam does not have an A/B testing feature.
- UpViral is fully Whitelabel. To emphasize your brand, you can use UpViral’s advanced integration methods such as HTML form and custom domain (for both landing page and referral links). However, Gleam is lack of in this area where referral links will look the same as in thousands of other Gleam giveaways.
- Gleam limits integrations based on the plan you are subscribed to. That is one of the worst features of Gleam. It categories email integrations based on the plan (i.e., Pro, Business, and Premium), so you cannot connect your Hubspot or Ontraport accounts if you are not a Business plan subscriber. Upviral does not have integration limitations based on the plan.
- UpViral allows choosing unlimited winners while Gleam limits it.
- Gleam is expensive than Upviral. The truth is UpViral is more affordable than Gleam is.
Gleam is a lot of things. But, what you expect by running a giveaway or contest is very specific objectives or goals.
It could be increasing your social engagements, boosting sales, app installations, or growing your email list size.
In my experience, UpViral is best for increasing email subscribers and getting people to complete tasks via custom actions.
And Gleam is best for increasing social engagements. If you are in a niche like video gaming, cooking, and traveling where social media plays a big role, Gleam would be an excellent Upviral contender to run contests that go viral. Gleam’s direct integrations with platforms like Twitch, Esty will come in handy when running a successful competition.
Viralsweep is yet another UpViral alternative that allows you to run giveaway campaigns by offering tons of features. It is ahead of UpViral in some functionalities.
- Run different types of contests like Instant Win, Hashtag, and Comments
- Sales tracking
- Video and photo uploads
- Entry frequency (allows participants to complete the same task daily or weekly and receive entry points)
- Voting competitions
- Collect payments
- Entry codes (Gives people a chance to collect points by entering custom entry codes provided by you. People can get those codes after completing tasks, for instance.)
- Official rules generator
How does ViralSweep pricing compare with UpViral?
In my opinion, ViralSweep provides reasonable pricing than Gleam, for example. Although ViralSweep has tons of features, integrations, and several apps to run giveaways, it only has four main pricing tiers.
- Starter – $49/mo. Unlimited Promotions & Entries. No team members
- Business – $199/mo. Geo targeting. Remove Viral Sweep branding. Team members. Host partner sweepstakes. Tracking links & tracking scripts, Custom actions, Leaderboards, and Sales tracking
- Premium – $399/mo. Video uploads, Collect payments, A/B testing, ViralSweep API, Dedicated SendGrid account to send emails from your business email address
- Elite – $999/mo. Unlimited orders on Purchase App, Manage up to 10 brands. Dedicated agent, 1 promotion built for you per month, strategic consulting
ViralSweep is similar to UpViral with comparable features like A/B testing, tracking links & scripts, custom actions, and Geo-targeting. When comparing the prices of ViralSweep and UpViral, ViralSweep’s charges are reasonable but can be expensive if you only want to find an UpViral competitor for building your list.
Here’s what it means:
A/B testing, a crucial feature to optimize viral giveaway funnels, is offered in the Business plan, costing $399/mo in ViralSweep. But, UpViral provides the A/B testing in its Business plan, which costs $79/mo.
However, if you want to run social-media-focused campaigns, payment collection competitions, Hashtag sweepstakes, and waiting lists, ViralSweep’s rates are better than UpViral’s.
ViralSweep vs UpViral
ViralSweep is similar to UpViral with many features and capabilities. However, there are standard features, benefits, and weaknesses of each tool.
- UpViral has a drag-and-drop visual page builder, but ViralSweep does not have a drag-and-drop builder.
- ViralSweep has more features like Gallery App, Comments App, Sales Tracking, Partner sweepstakes, and Entry codes which UpViral does not have.
- Live Draws. Stream your drawings across social media platforms for your audience without exposing critical information. Here is a demo of the Live Draw feature of ViralSweep.
- ViralSweep’s ‘Audience Segments’ feature is helpful to filtering participants based on different factors like sign-up source, entries made, referrals, etc., UpViral does not have an audience filter.
- UpViral does not have an entry frequency but ViralSweep
- UpViral lets you share campaigns with others, but ViralSweep does not
If you were looking for a quality newsletter referral tool, Viral Loops stands out from UpViral and most of its competitors.
Viral Loops is used mainly by creators and business owners to grow through referral marketing techniques. Its template collection includes following:
- The Milestone Referral – Inspired by Harry’s milestone referral program, they built a list of 100K of quality leads in a week. In this template (Prelaunch campaign), participants can unlock rewards when they reach a particular milestone. This gives contest holders to get their giveaway going viral because of incentives and boost sales by providing coupons.
- The Startup Prelaunch – Looking for a quality UpViral alternative for your prelaunch? Maybe Viral Loop is what you want because its Startup Prelaunch gives you all the features to build a waitlist where participants can improve their place by referring others.
- The Newsletter Referral – One of the best UpViral alternatives to build a newsletter “refer a friend” program. Increase your email subscribers with the help of loyal newsletter readers.
- The Tempting Giveaway – The more friends they invite, the higher their chances of winning. Placing leaderboards and tempting to improve their positions make this template special.
- Viral Loops for Shopify – Want an UpViral competitor to grow your Shopify store sales? Give Viral Loops a try.
- Refer a Friend – Remember DropBox’s refer-a-friend program? Viral Loops gives you tools to build a friend invitation program similar to DropBox.
How does Viral Loops Pricing compare with UpViral?
Viral Loops is not a free UpViral alternative, but it allows you to try it for free. It has got three main paid plans and an Enterprise plan of which costs are different.
- Start-up – $49/mo – Up to 1,000 participants – Viral giveaways, Viral Loops pages
- Growing – $99/mo – Up to 3,000 participants – Referral & Ambassador Campaign Templates, API access
- Power- $299/mo – Up to 25,000 participants – Remove Viral Loops branding
When comparing the prices of Viral Loops and UpViral, UpViral is quite affordable than Viral Loops; considering for $99 in Upviral, you can remove UpViral branding and collect up to 25,000 leads per month. But in Viral Loops, you can only collect 3,000 leads.
Also, Viral Loops charges $20 for every 2,000 participants (only in the Growing plan).
So, who should use Viral Loops over UpViral?
Viral Loops is good for you if you are a Shopify store owner, SaaS business, or marketer who wants to launch a Robinhood-style marketing campaign.
For example, if you get extra 2,000 customers from referrals to your Shopify shop, subscribing to the Viral Loops Growing plan will be worth it, considering acquiring a new customer cost a lot (some studies show it costs x5 than retaining an existing customer).
But, if your primary goal is to build an email list, incentivize people to complete actions like follow you on social networks, Viral Loops is not the best option compared with UpViral because it’s not designed for it.
More UpViral Alternatives
In this article, you found the best alternatives to Upviral viral giveaway software and comparisons. But, there are more sites like UpViral to hold contests and sweepstakes. Here are a few:
- SociaMonials – More than a giveaway tool. Its giveaway features allow you to run viral voting, email capture, and social media engagement campaigns.
- KingSumo – Another UpViral alternative with basic features. Not any of the plans allow removing KingSumo branding, so if you are not serious about branding, KingSumo is an excellent tool to consider
- RaffleCopter – RaffleCoper is a low-cost alternative to UpViral. Its paid plans start from $13/mo. However, the customization is far fewer than UpViral.
- KickOffLabs – KickOffLabls allows you to build scalable viral giveaways using leaderboard competitions, prelaunch waiting lists, Shopify rewards, Opt-in bribes, Unlock rewards, and Instant win giveaways. Although it is an alternative to UpViral, pricing is a bit off, considering it limits how many people can view your landing pages, emails, and API calls. But, Upviral does not qualify on these – Pageviews are unlimited on UpViral.
- WooBox – A contest-creating software that allows you to boost social engagements via Facebook giveaways, Instagram contests, Polls, Photo/video contests, and more. If you are looking for a low-cost Upviral alternative to get your social metrics going up fast, check out WooBox.
- GiveLab – GiveLab.com is a close alternative to Gleam with similar widgets and features. Its free plan allows you to create unlimited campaigns and get unlimited participants. Therefore, GiveLab is a free UpViral alternative to consider.
- RafflePress – If you are looking for the best Upviral alternative for WordPress sites, maybe RafflePress is what you might need. It’s from the WPBeginner team behind who are brands like OptinMonster, MonsterInsights, and AffiliateWP. So, they know what they are doing. It is required to have a self-hosted site to use RafflePress. And depending on the campaign’s virality, your host server should be able to handle traffic as well.
- SweepWidget – SweepWidget is another UpViral alike tool that provides features similar to Gleam.io to hold sweepstakes. From email verification code to repeated entries requiring sequential entry method completion, SweepWidget stands out from UpViral. However, when comparing the prices of UpViral and SweepWidget, Upviral is still cheaper.
The Best UpViral alternative for you
In this ultimate list of most reliable UpViral alternatives, you found various viral giveaways and referral software with unique use-cases. You may be looking for an UpViral substitute for one or more than following reasons:
- Want a better social engagement boosting app
- Want a better referral marketing software
- Your software and apps and services aren’t integrated with Upviral
- Want to boost eCom store sales
- Needs features like transaction tracking
Depending on your needs, here are the best UpViral alternatives for you:
If running engaging sweepstakes that incentivize participants to share their referral links everywhere on the internet and get them to complete tasks to receive giveaway entries is your desire, Vyper.ai is your most suitable UpViral option.
If you want to boost the social metrics like followers, likes, and reposts, give Gleam a try. Gleam can help you build a viral campaign easier and quicker if you are in niches like video gaming.
When building a customized referral program is your priority, GrowSurf is your best candidate. Additionally, you can give Prefinery a try too. Prefinery is perfect for running Pre-launch waitlists, Closed beta programs, and video game releases.
If adding a newsletter referral program to your weekly newsletter is the purpose, Viral-Loops is an excellent platform to consider.
Final Words on UpViral Alternatives
I have been doing viral giveaways and contests for years, and Upviral has been my go-to tool to build them. However, as far as my experience, UpViral lacks certain features like conversion tracking, repeated actions, etc.
One of the huge downsides of Upviral is that it does not allow users to provide rewards based on referrals. UpViral uses a points system that can be complicated if you add up many tasks.
One of the benefits of using Upviral over UpViral competitors is that giving points for referring visitors. Not all participants are convinced that they will get referral sign-ups and have a chance to become a winner. But, still, they can be encouraged to send traffic and receive points.
UpViral is an advanced giveaway app. Features like from One-Click Sign-up links to the ability to use custom Share Pages make the platform more marketer-friendly.
So, what are your thoughts on UpViral and your best UpViral alternatives? Share your opinions below.