How to Create Lead Capture Pages Without Web Hosting Or Using A Tool Like Clickfunnels
I am not kidding...
Today, in this very short guide you're going to learn how to...
For this method to work, we are going to use a few tools. They are...
Convertful is a toolkit that allows you to create stunning forms and widgets to increase conversions on your websites. Be it a normal opt-in form or a survey widget, you can create them easily using Convertful.
Replug is basically a link shortening tool that can embed third-party widgets and tools on the links you share.
For example, with Replug you can display a CTA (Call to Action) widgets on a CNN news article. How awesome is that?
How to Create a Lead Capture Page
We're going to use Convertful to create a lead capture page. Before designing the lead capture page, you should have these things:
- 1Own Domain Name: — Purchase a domain name from a website like Godaddy or NameCheap (or search an available top level domain using these tools). You're going to use it for the lead capture page's domain name. If you already own a custom domain name, you can skip this.
- 2Email Management Tool or an Email Marketing Software: — There are literally hundreds of email marketing software out there. Some of popular ones are Aweber, GetResponse, Convertkit and ActiveCampaign. You must have an email marketing software to manage your contacts (or subscribers).
Steps to Create Your Landing Page
First of all, create a free account over at Convertful. Or you can start a free trial on a paid plan. I have subscribed to the VIP plan of Convertful because it lets me hide Convertful branding and add some extra elements such as countdown timer and Progress bars.
After successfully creating your Convertful account, signing in your account and add a new site.
Please note that you'd receive an alert to confirm your website by placing the Convertful script or installing the Convertful WordPress plugin. You can neglect this message as we're going to do it in a later step.
Next, click on the site name you want to create an opt-in form widget and click on the "Integrations" tab.
Integrate your email service provider over here. You will see all available native integrations.
If your current email service provider is not among available native integrations, you can connect it using HTML forms feature.
Start Creating Opt-in Form
The easiest part of this tutorial is creating an opt-in form!
Convertful has a WYSIWYG editor and it's pretty easy to create a beautiful opt-in form.
For this method to work, we're going to create a "Welcome Screen" opt-in form.
Once you clicked the green button to create a welcome screen widget, you will be directed to the Convertful editor which is very easy for anyone to use and have some of the best features.
And I have created another screen for subscribers to see right after they signed up. This is optional. You can redirect new subscribers to a separate URL such as an affiliate offer or a bridge page. It's your choice.
Once the lead capture page finished, click on the submit button and select the "Submit" option under the Button Settings. Then click on the "On Submit Actions" button.
The power of Convertful over other lead form creators is that you have got the ability to implement multiple functions at one user action.
For example, see the screenshots below.
I added these actions:
- 1Create an user on Convertfox (my current Live Chat and marketing automation tool). I have set up default settings under the Convertfox settings in my Convertful integration to add a default tag. So, in Convertfox, the user will be automatically tagged and subscribed to a specific drip campaign.
- 2Add a new tag. For illustration purposes, I selected the "Pitiyaletter" tag. What Pitiyaletter tag do in my Convertfox marketing software is that it sends out periodical emails related to blogging and marketing.
- 3Go to the screen 1. Right after user submitted his/her email address, he will be seen the "Screen 1" interface. It happens instantaneously. No browser redirect whatsoever!
- 4Send email notification to my email. If your lead page is about a high ticket product or service, you can take an immediate action right after a user signed up to your mailing list. For example, you can add a custom field, the Phone number the user have to fill out. As soon as someone, a potential customer submit the form, you'd receive a notification email instantly.
Now you don't need to display the close button and scroll bar. Disable them by toggling buttons in the Widget Settings.
Once the Welcome Screen lead form is set up, click on the "Display Rules" tab at the top. And set display settings as below.
Also you can disable (tick off) these options below to display the opt-in widget every time.
If you want to narrow your targeting or specify a specific rule, you can do it under "Show Only If" section in the Display rules tab.
Once everything is set up, toggle the "Active" button to make your new Welcome Screen widget live.
You have done everything in Convertful so far. The last step is setting up your domain name.
Steps to Make Your Landing Page Goes Live
Go to Replug and create your account.
Now you have to do a few things first.
- 1Connect your domain
- 2Connect your Convertful account
- 3Create a brand
- 4Create a campaign
Connect your domain to Replug
Connect your custom domain that you used in Convertful. For example, here I use a sub-domain address: i.chamal.co
Make sure that your domain is connected to Replug.
Connect your Convertful account
Create a brand
Enter your website URL and website name.
Create a Campaign
Click on the "New Campaign" button to start creating your first campaign.
Select your brand and then enter a name for your campaign. Make sure you have selected the custom domain name.
Select the Convertful and save your campaign.
Now you have completed all important steps. The next step is generating a URL for your new landing page.
Generate URL for Convertful Lead form
Click on the new link button.
Select your campaign from the drop down and copy and paste the following URL to the URL field.
Save your campaign. Edit the slug if you want.
Now your landing page is ready! 🙂
Check out the demo landing page that I created over here: https://i.chamal.co/landdemo
Hope you'd enjoy reading the tutorial!
The most awesome thing is you can use ContentStudio and automate the traffic generation and lead generation parts.
For more about scaling this method, refer to my article about making money with contents you share online.
Don't forget to read the ContentStudio review as it contains tons of tips and tricks to use social media marketing to your advantage!
So, try this and let us know your ideas in comments in below. 🙂