Canva is a really good digital design platform with thousands of templates, fantastic features, and a neat user interface. Probably one of the best out there, but it’s not the only one. There are many Canva alternatives like Vista Create with competitive pricing and features.
The Pro subscription costs $12.99 per month (or $9.99 if paid annually). However, you might not be interested in spending any more for Canva and want to cancel your Canva subscription.
In this guide, you will find out how to cancel your Canva subscription, either a Pro plan or just a trial account, and possibly get a refund if you have already paid.
Why should you cancel Canva subscription?
Before finding out how to stop a Canva subscription, here are several reasons you might want to remove your Canva Pro recurring payment plan and possibly delete your account!
- Canva is costing you money
- Received an unfamiliar charge on Canva
- You found a great low-cost Canva alternative
- You found a free replacement for Canva graphic designing tool
How to cancel Canva Subscription
To cancel your subscription, you need to fulfill these requirements.
- Only team owners and administrators can cancel a subscription.
- You should have connected to the internet
- Canva Pro subscriptions can only be canceled on the platform or device that you used to upgrade.
- If your most recent payment failed or didn’t go through, you’ll need to pay that first, then cancel or pause.
- Enterprise users of Canva can’t cancel their subscription like Canva Pro users directly from the platform or device
Cancel Canva on Browser
One of the easiest and most efficient ways to stop a Canva subscription is through your browser. Follow the instructions below to get rid of Canva in minutes!
For customers who upgraded to Canva Pro from the web browser, log in to your Canva.com account from any browser.
Click your profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Next, go to ‘Account settings‘ from the menu.
Click on the ‘Billing & Teams’ menu on the left navigation bar.
Click the ‘Cancel Subscription’ option under subscriptions.
Click ‘Cancel Subscription’ on the Popout message box to confirm canceling Canva Pro.
Cancel Canva subscription on iPhone
If you subscribed to Canva Pro on your iOS device, you must cancel it from your subscriptions section.
- Go to your subscriptions from either the Settings app or the App Store.
- Tap the option for ‘Canva.’
- Tap ‘Cancel Subscription‘ to cancel your subscription.
- You’re done!
Cancel Canva subscription on Android
Like disabling a Canva subscription on an iOS device, the same process applies to Android OS-based devices as well.
- On your Google Play Store, click on the profile icon at the top right side.
- Tap on the ‘Payments and subscriptions’ option from the list menu.
- Tap the option for ‘Subscriptions.’
- Tap the option for ‘Canva’ and tap the ‘Cancel subscription‘ option. A confirmation message will appear. Confirm to cancel your subscription successfully.
To cancel your Enterprise subscription, click here and request the cancellation of your Enterprise account on the particular page.
Canva Lifetime deal
If you purchased a Canva Lifetime subscription at any time and wish to close your account entirely, you need to contact Canva support over here and request your Canva cancellation.
What you retain and what you lose
- If you disable Canva recurring payment before the next billing day, you will get Pro features for the remaining days.
- Your designs will be saved, and Canva will keep the Brand Kit so you can use it again if you re-subscribe.
- Your account will be downgraded to the free plan
Can you get a refund from Canva?
If you subscribed to Canva Pro from their website and want to cancel your account within the first 30 days, you can request a refund. Please send your refund request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canva is not the only graphic design platform out there. In fact, many similar websites like Canva provide different kinds of services to help you craft beautiful digital graphics.
Here are some Canva competitors and a short description of them:
|Vista Create||One of the best alternatives to Canva. Crello offers image editing and video editing features and thousands of attractive templates||$9.99/mo|
|Stencil||A simple image editor equipped with millions of stock images, icons, and graphics. Its browser extension and WordPress plugin are time savers. Learn more.||$15.00/mo|
|Pixteller||Design graphics that your readers will love! Pixteller makes the graphic and video designing processes easier than ever. Read this review Pixteller to find out more.||$9.00/mo|
|RelayThat||Automatically generate graphic packs that are suitable for every platform with several clicks! Learn more in this RelayThat review.||$15.00/mo|
|Artboard Studio||Specialized for creating mockups, but it is capable of doing most tasks that Canava is doing. If you are looking for a good alternative to Canava for 3D mockups, give Artboard Studio a try.||$15.00/mo|
|PromoRepublic||Just more than a graphic designing tool. PromoRepublic contains hundreds of thousands of premade templates to post on your social networks. Its events calendar is one of the most used features. Read this PromoRepublic review for more details.||$49.00/mo|
|DesignBold||A Canva competitor with a vast amount of features.||$9.99/mo|
Final words on Canva subscription cancellation
However, the steps would differ based on where you purchased the Canva Pro or started the trial. In this article, you found how to cancel Canva subscriptions and several competitors so you can give them a try.
So, why do you cancel your Canva account, and what do you intend to use instead?