This is a complete tutorial on how to cancel Semrush subscription and get a refund.
Semrush is one of the best online visibility development platforms with numerous features and tools to help to grow your business online via search engine optimization, social media marketing, Pay Per Click advertising, Social Media marketing, and content marketing. Learn more in this Semrush review.
However, Semrush can get expensive when you considered the Semrush pricing structure. You will have to pay extra for several tools and add-ins, such as Traffic Analytics, Market Explorer, and each team member. So, if you were looking for an easy way to end your Semrush subscription and possibly get your money back, follow the steps in this article.
Why Should you cancel Semrush subscription?
You might want to cancel Semrush for different reasons. Here are some.
- Your Semrush subscription got expensive. Recently, Semrush increased its prices for all plans. So, you might not be able to afford Semrush anymore and want a cheaper replacement.
- You accidentally subscribed to one of the annual plans of Semrush and want to cancel your Semrush yearly subscription.
- Semrush is a swipe army of knife. Sometimes, a simpler tool is better for you and your business growth. Semrush includes over forty different tools for SEO, PPC, Social Media, Content Marketing, Lead Generation, and many more. You might want to get rid of Semrush because of this reason.
- You no longer need Semrush for your online marketing campaigns. So, why paying Semrush every billing circle when you do not use it as you should
- You found a cheaper Semrush alternative.
- You tried the Semrush trial and want to end Semrush payments.
Semrush Cancellation Policy
Semrush terms of service clearly address the following parts on the cancellation of Semrush.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time.
- You can still use Semrush paid features and tools until the end of the current billing cycle, even stopping Semrush from charging future payments.
- Semrush does not offer refunds if you ended your Semrush subscription before it expires.
- If you decide to cancel or downgrade your subscription within the first 7 days, you’ll get a full refund. No questions asked.
Semrush does have a 7-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. So, if you cancel your Semrush subscription within 7 days, you will get your money back.
How to Cancel Semrush?
You can cancel your Semrush subscription in various ways.
One of the easiest ways to end a Semrush subscription is to send a cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is recommended to email using the email account associated with your Semrush subscription. If not, include the Semrush account email in the message. Other things to have:
- Last four digits of your credit card number
- Type of your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover)
- Billing amount (the amount Semrush charged you)
- Date of your last payment
Although it does not provide a direct method to cancel your Semrush subscription, just like Grammarly, they give you a way to contact them so that they can process your Semrush cancellation manually.
Login to your Semrush account.
Go to the Subscription info page. Click on Active next to Recurring above your subscription, as shown in the screenshot below. Next, click on the “Contact us” button.
Fill in your personal details.
Select I want to cancel my Semrush account
Choose the reason for your cancellation from the drop-down menu
Enter these details:
- The last four digits of your credit card number
- The type of your credit card
- The billing amount
- The date of your last payment
If you need assistance with your cancellation, call this number 1-800-815-9959. Their working hours are Monday to Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
How To Cancel a Semrush Free Trial
If you are using a Semrush free trial account and want to avoid any future charges, you need to cancel the Semrush trial before it expires. If you used a Semrush 30-Day free trial, you must cancel it before 30-days since you signed up. You can cancel Semrush free trial in the same way as a paid account.
What happens when you ended your Semrush subscription?
- After cancellation of Semrush paid or a trial, the account will be downgraded to a free account. It has limited features and limitations.
- All projects will be deleted after 30-days. If you changed your mind, you could resubscribe on Semrush to regain projects’ data.
- If you do not upgrade within the 30-days, the account’s all projects will be deleted permanently except the first project.
Semrush is not the only tool when it comes to digital marketing. There are many Semrush competitors out there.
|Semrush Alternative||Monthly base price||Key Features|
|Ahrefs||$99||Backlink analysis, Content Explorer|
|Moz||$99||DA, PA checker, Backlink checker|
|Mangools SEO Tools||$49||SERP lookups, keyword suggestions|
|BrandOverflow||$79||SERP rank tracking down to Zip code level, SEO Audit, Keyword generator. Learn more.|
|Spyfu||$39||Competitor analysis, Analyze your domain.|
|WriterZen||$70||Content management toolkit, Topic discovery, Plagiarism Checker, Allintitle finder, Keyword Golden Ratio checker|
Semrush pricing starts from $119.95/mon (Pro plan) and it continues based on the tier and add-ons.
Find more SEO tools like Semrush from this article.
Lifetime deals for tools like Semrush
When a SaaS company begins its journey, it generally runs a lifetime deal offer (also known as LTD). It gets people talking about the product and receives some raving fans to get feedback to fix bugs and improve the product in the right way.
People could buy a tool for a one-time fee and never have to pay subscription fees. Since you want to eliminate your Semrush subscription, you might look for an LTD to save money.
Over the last several months, many SEO lifetime deals provided similar features and tools to Semrush. Get in communities relevant to lifetime deals and buy the next Semrush-like LTD.
FAQs on How to Cancel Semrush
Can we cancel Semrush subscription?
Yes, you can downgrade or cancel your Semrush subscription at any time.
How do I remove my credit card from Semrush?
You cannot remove a credit card from Semrush if you have an active recurring membership. But, you can change credit card details from the Billing info section in the profile menu.
How do I downgrade Semrush?
Send your Semrush downgrade request to this email: email@example.com.
How do I get Semrush Pro for free?
Semrush offers access to the Semrush Pro plan for several days. You can get Semrush Pro for free over here.
Is Semrush free?
Yes, Semrush has a free plan. It has minimal features and access to reports and tools compared with paid plans.
[Video] How to unsubscribe from Semrush
This video tutorial is a bit older. But, the method to end Semrush payments is the same as today’s process.
Conclusion on Semrush Subscription Cancellation
Although Semrush is one of the best SEO tools for marketers, agencies, and business owners, you might have your reasons to cancel Semrush’s subscription. In this case, diversification of your SEO tools and independence from one tool is always good for your business’s future.
Since Semrush does not allow pause subscription, the two options you have are either downgrading to a lower level plan (i.e., from Business to Guru or Guru to Pro) or ending Semrush subscription.
So, why do you want to stop Semrush subscription, and what will be your replacement for Semrush?