However, Gleam is not the only tool when it comes to growth hacking. In viral marketing, there are many different sub-categories:
- Social media contests – Use to grow social media followers and increase engagement
- Viral giveaways – Primarily used to grow an email list rapidly (Ex: Harris)
- Referral marketing campaigns – Get referrals to existing businesses. (ex: DropBox)
- Offline contests – Get customers to an offline business
- Evergreen contests – Used to grow email list consistently day and night
In reality, some Gleam competitors win over Gleam in key areas not many people know of.
That is why in this article on the best Gleam alternatives to try in 2023, we will rank the top alternatives to Gleam.io.
- Top Gleam Alternatives for 2023
- 5-step process to choose a suitable Gleam alternative
- Can online lucky draw tools replace Gleam?
- Final thoughts on Best Gleam Alternatives
Top Gleam Alternatives for 2023
Check as many services as possible and research yourself to find an ideal replacement for Gleam.
UpViral is one of the best giveaway apps with tons of features. In our experience, if you are looking for a complete and cheap viral giveaway tool for email list building, you should use UpViral over Gleam.
- Unlimited campaigns, page visitors, winners, prizes – One of the great things about UpViral is that it does not limit your growth! Only pay extra when you need more features, such as API and leads.
- Run giveaway and rewards campaign simultaneously – Why Upviral is a quality Gleam alternative is that you can combine random giveaway and rewards campaign aspects in a campaign to make every participant engaged. In a rewards campaign, everybody can win something which you offer when they earn points. In a random giveaway campaign, people can become a winner based on accumulated points. When both aspects are combined, you can achieve the highest possible results.
- A/B split test sign-up pages and share pages – A key indicator of why UpViral separates from Gleam is that only in UpViral you can split test landing pages to optimize the funnel. In many of our giveaways, we went from literally “broke” giveaways to “viral” giveaways by split testing the signup page alone!
- Custom fields – UpViral makes it easier to collect, for example, phone numbers, addresses, and more with custom fields. And you can send those details to your email management tool instantly.
- Drag-and-drop page builder – I also favor UpViral over Gleam because of its visual page builder. You can add specific elements such as videos, images, and HTML countdown timers anywhere on the page and customize them as you need. Also, you can edit the source of a page and customize it as you want, which is impossible in Gleam.
- Geo-targeting – Control the accessibility or the availability of the campaign. Gleam also provides country-targeting but in higher plans.
- Integration with your email autoresponder or CRM – Upviral directly integrates with the most popular email marketing services like Aweber and offers Zapier integration. Plus, you can use the HTML form integration to connect UpViral with any software.
- Emphasize your brand identity – I think UpViral is the best Gleam alternative because you can map a custom domain name and use your email address for email notifications in UpViral.
- Embeddable widget – Want to collect emails from your website or blog? Simply utilize the embeddable widget of UpViral to collect leads in multiple ways: 1) Pop-up, 2) Inline form, 3) Pop-over. And you can use the raw HTML form code of the UpViral campaign to connect with your form builders, such as ConvertBox or Convertful. However, Gleam’s embeddable widget does not have many functionalities as UpViral.
- Fraud detection – Use UpViral’s fraud detection or EmailListVerify, which UpViral integrates to maintain the quality of leads.
- Blacklist and whitelist actors – One of the most significant issues of a giveaway is fraudulent leads. Block bad actors (through email ID, the domain name (ex: temporary or disposable email domain addresses), or IP address) to make your giveaway fraud-free.
- Post giveaway actions – Want to redirect giveaway traffic after it ends? UpViral makes it possible. But, Gleam sent traffic to an ugly “giveaway ended” page.
Upload social share graphics using Photoshop or one of the online graphic editing tools like Stencil, or create one using the inbuilt Canva editor. Also, you can customize the email message with a custom curiosity-based email subject line and persuasive body text.
Assign points for sharing on social networks and messenger services.
Learn more about UpViral pricing from here.
We use Upviral on our giveaways and have collected over 9K leads.
Here are related guides on UpViral.
- 7 Underused UpViral integrations to boost virality
- UpViral vs Kingsumo review
- UpViral vs. Viral Loops review
SweepWidget’s giveaways look similar to Gleam’s. If you are looking for an equal and cheap Gleam alternative, SweepWidget would be a great choice to consider.
- Unlimited giveaways and unlimited participants – Some you have to pay a lot to get into Gleam.
- Drag and drop builder – Easily drag elements and build your giveaway pages.
- Create custom form fields – Collect more data and enrich your marketing campaigns.
- 90+ ways for users to enter – From following you on Twitter, subscribing to a YouTube channel, and sharing your message on social media, there are many ways people can join.
- Track and manage entries – Find which sources performed better.
- Daily entries and mandatory actions – Like in Gleam giveaways, participants can complete actions daily and earn points — an effective way of getting people engaged.
- Age verification – Restrict giveaways based on demography
- Anti-cheating tools – Prevent abuses in online competitions
- Export entries to CSV
- Upload entries into your contest w/ CSV
- Restrict users by country
- Real-time analytics – Get to know the overall performance of giveaways and make data-driven decisions.
- Giveaway booster emails and customization – Email notifications let you send periodic messages to boost engagements. (ex: Last 24 hours email)
- Integrations with popular social media platforms, email marketing tools, Google Analytics, and Zapier and provides API access
SweepWidget has email code verification to prevent fraudulent activities, especially people from using fake emails to enter giveaways.
SweepWidget has a free plan with unlimited contests and limitless entries. However, you have to subscribe to a paid plan for more features like custom CSS and branding of giveaway pages with a custom domain.
- Free – $0/month – Unlimited contests, Unlimited entries, Pick winners manually or randomly, Social Login options, Moderate entries (disqualify and delete entries), Data management, Basic security features, Widget Installation, and more.
- Pro – $29/month – All Free features and 50+ entry methods, Email integrations, Google Analytics, Facebook Tracking Pixel, 1 Team member, Repeatable actions, SMS links, Timed actions, Styling Options, and more.
- Business – $49/month – All Pro features and more entry methods, Google Tag Manager & Zapier integration, Manage 2 brands (and two team members), 5,000 unique coupon codes per contest, more security features such as blocking people from entering with a VPN, Unlock more giveaway types (Rewards, Coupon, and Leaderboard), NFT, Airdrop and whitelist raffles, and more.
- Premium – $99/month – All Business features and No SweepWidget branding, Whitelabel, Telegram API authenticated entries with a custom bot, Manage 3 brands (and three team members), Upload entries into your contest with CSV, email verification, Advanced security features and more.
- Enterprise – $199/month – All Premium features and Phone Verification, Manage 5 brands (and five team members), SweepsWidget API, Prepopulate forms, custom HTML emails, Send transactional emails, Dedicated agent, and more.
RafflePress is a WordPress giveaway plugin that lets you build giveaways and contests inside your WordPress dashboard. If your business is based on the WordPress ecosystem and you are looking for a better replacement for Gleam to use a WordPress site, RafflePress would be a great choice.
- Run unlimited giveaways on WordPress with your branding – Unlike Gleam, RafflePress lets you use your own domain name for tracking links and use on any page and set custom periods for contests.
- Drag & Drop giveaway builder – RafflePress is also one of the top UpViral alternatives for WordPress. RafflePress’s page builder is easy to use, and no coding skills are needed.
- Viral giveaway templates – Select one from dozens of available premade templates.
- Responsive mobile-friendly designs
- Multiple prizes – Assign different prizes for placements
- Time control – Set custom giveaway end periods.
- 1-Click entry + Fraud protection – Like Gleam, in Rafflepress, you can enable 1-Click entry.
- Social media integrations – Let people log in and set up social share messages through their social accounts.
- Marketing & CRM integrations – Transfer participants’ details to your marketing tools and automate marketing through emails and SMS.
- Tracking and retargeting – Add custom tracking pixels and display retargeting ads on your favorite ad networks such as Facebook, AdRoll, and ProperllerAds.
- Zapier and Webhooks – Integrate with over 3,000 services on Zapier.
Besides, RafflePress has some excellent features, such as mandatory actions, repeat actions, and redirecting after completing entries. However, RafflePress does not have transaction tracking, custom action builder, etc.,
RafflePress is one of the best value alternatives for Gleam. Currently, it is on a limited lifetime offer.
GiveLab is a free giveaway platform with unlimited campaigns and entries. Since its templates appear similar to Gleam’s, we listed it as one of the best Gleam.io free alternatives.
- Unlimited giveaways and participants
- Restrict entries by location
- Customize the giveaway campaign with drag-and-drop steps
- Integrations with major social networks like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, Pinterest, and email marketing platforms
- Install giveaway through website widget, WordPress Embed, Facebook tab, or run giveaway on a unique dedicated page
- GiveLab Messenger to communicate with a winner
- Advanced Analytics
In addition to the above features, GiveLab lets you showcase winners on the post-giveaway page, offers daily bonus entries and completion bonuses (points offered after completing all actions), and allows users to earn credits through unique secret codes you can set.
Also, GiveLab is one of the few giveaway platforms that support Cryptocurrencies.
GiveLab’s free plan is generous enough to offer many features. Its paid plans are not that expensive when especially compared with Gleam. The Premium plan costs $9.99/month when paid monthly and includes features such as Giveaway Live Stream and additional entry steps.
KingSumo was once offered only as a WordPress plugin. However, now they have focused more on the cloud platform. KingSumo is a part of the Appsumo family. It is currently offered for a one-time fee on the Appsumo marketplace.
- Host giveaways on KingSumo dedicated pages or your own website
- Export your giveaway entrants into a CSV
- Bonus giveaway entries for taking specific actions
- Integrations with SendFox, MailChimp, and Zapier
- Create a newsletter referral program with SendFox
- Built-in advanced spam and fraud prevention methods
Since its beta launch to the public, the KingSumo team has been releasing features slowly. However, if you are not looking for all the features in Gleam, KingSumo might be the tool you want.
Get lifetime access to KingSumo Pro for $49.
Woorise is another Gleam alternative with similar-looking templates. It is an all-in-one marketing suite with features like landing pages, forms, quizzes, contests, giveaways, and sweepstakes.
- Create unlimited giveaway campaigns – Even Woorise’s free plan lets you create unlimited campaigns.
- Templates to get started
- Logics – Use “Conditional Logic” to conditionally show/hide form fields, social actions, confirmation messages, or conditionally send email notifications.
- Drag & Drop Interface
- Reward users for taking actions
- Instant redeem rewards
- 1-Click pick winners
- Validate promotional codes (i.e., secret entry codes)
- Collect online payments
- Fraud detection
- Integrations with popular email marketing services and Zapier and WebHooks
- Bitly, PayPal and Google Analytics integration
Since Woorise is more than a giveaway creator, it offers extra tools such as Bio Links creator, landing page builder, and quizzes creator.
The free plan is limited to 500 entries per month, and many features are restricted. Paid plans start at $29/month, and the highest plan costs $99/month (for 20,000 monthly entries).
ViralSweep is a viral marketing platform that lets you grow your business via sweepstakes, contests, instant wins, waitlist, milestones, comments, hashtags, and social media gallery competitions. Like Gleam, ViralSweep is an established platform with fewer bugs and more features.
- Unlimited promotional campaigns and entries
- 100+ integrations with email autoresponders and services like Google Analytics, Facebook lead ads, and Zapier
- Run different types of contests like Instant Win, Hashtag, and Comments
- Sales tracking via Shopify app integration
- Geo-targeting campaigns
- Spam filter
- Custom tracking links
- Audience segmentation
- Entry frequency
- Embed ViralSweep giveaway widget on website, blog, or Facebook
- Social actions
- Entry codes (Gives people a chance to collect points by entering custom entry codes you provide. People can get those codes after completing tasks, for instance.)
- Official rules generator
- Live Draw
ViralSweep is one of the closest Gleam alternatives with tons of features.
Unlike Gleam, ViralSweep does not offer a free plan. Its paid plans start at $49, and the highest publicly listed plan costs $999 monthly.
- Starter – $49/mo. Unlimited Promotions & Entries. No team members
- Business – $199/mo. Geo-targeting. Remove Viral Sweep branding. Team members. Host partner sweepstakes. Tracking links & tracking scripts, Custom actions, Leaderboards, and Sales tracking
- Premium – $399/mo. Video uploads, Collect payments, A/B testing, ViralSweep API, Dedicated SendGrid account to send emails from your business email address
- Elite – $999/mo. Unlimited orders on Purchase App, Manage up to 10 brands. Dedicated agent, one promotion built for you per month, strategic consulting
If you are looking for a quality Gleam competitor for referring marketing projects for SaaS businesses, Growsurf would be an excellent choice. It’s specially designed for building referral programs for tech companies which Gleam is not primarily created for.
- Customize reward type(s) for campaigns – Single-sided, Double-sided, Milestone, and Leaderboard rewards
- Set custom referral credit window – Specify the cookie expiration date
- Configure campaign emails – Customize with user data and use your own email sending address.
- Import participants
- Manual/offline referral trigger
- Automatic fraud prevention
- Review and approve rewards
- Blacklist IPs, emails, and countries
- Two performing action types of counting as a referral: Sign up and Sign up + Qualifying action
- Conversion tracking
- Intercom style sitewide referral share floating widget
One of the key aspects of Growsurf is the ability to entirely white label the platform with your domain and embeddable forms. Furthermore, you can customize the user interface with CSS, which is impossible in Gleam.
GrowSurf’s pricing starts at $200/mo:
- Startup – $200/mo
- Business – $400/mo
- Elite – $600/mo
ShortStack is an all-in-one platform for creating giveaways, contests, social media competitions, forms, landing pages, and mini web pages. You can create a wide range of contests in ShortStack.
- Instant win contests
- Refer-a-Friend contests
- Branded photo frames
- Point-of-action contests
- Voting contests
- Invite-only contests
- Hashtag Contests
- Comment-to-enter contests
- and more
- Unlimited giveaway campaigns and unlimited emails
- Online contests, giveaways, sweepstakes and social media hashtag contests (Twitter, Instagram), photo & video voting contests, and essay contests
- Social media voting contests (accept Instagram, TikTok)
- Landing pages
- Drag and drop builder with live preview
- Customizable templates
- Mini websites
- Calendar giveaways
- Personality and knowledge quizzes
- Use custom domain names
- Analytics for pages and emails
- Send drip campaigns
- Export entries
- Autoresponder integrations & WebHooks
ShortStack provides more features such as private, invite-only pages to run secret giveaways, different contest types such as Scratch off, puzzle, spin the reels, multiple round vote contests, and user management.
ShortStack provides four plans, and its pricing starts from $99/mo (10,000 entries storage limit, 50,000 views per 30-day period). One downside of ShortStack compared with Gleam is that it takes pageviews into count.
Vyper is another viral giveaway software with a visual builder and tons of features. It is one of the best Gleam alternatives, especially for agencies and marketing firms that hold contests on behalf of clients.
- Unlimited giveaway campaigns, page visitors, and custom actions
- Run both leaderboard and reward competition types in a single campaign
- Four types of rewards: Point milestone, Redeem, Tier, Other
- Revenue tracking
- Use custom domain/subdomain
- Track Shopify shop purchases and rewards based on dollar expenditures
- Email notifications
- Pixel tracking and Google Analytics code integration
- Bonus actions builder
- Contest widget (Intercom-style) to use on websites. Perfect for sitewide giveaways
- Fraud prevention settings
When comparing Gleam and Vyper in terms of features, Gleam is ahead. However, Vyper provides a visual builder where you can create full-page sweepstake pages and run evergreen campaigns on your site with an intercom-style contest widget.
Vyper only has two plans:
- Enterprise – $149/mo – 15K leads (30K if used own SMTP), track up to $30K revenue
- Agency – $299/mo – 60K leads (120K if used own SMTP), track up to $120K revenue
In price-wise, Gleam is cheaper than Vyper. However, there are many use cases where Vyper has to perform better in terms of total leads and social followers acquired after the contest ended. Also, the Agency plan of Vyper is cheaper when compared with Gleam since you can create up to 10 sub-accounts for clients where they can log in and monitor performance.
5-step process to choose a suitable Gleam alternative
In this article, you found ten giveaway sites like Gleam. Now you might be wondering which one to select, considering there are many unique and common features among Gleam alternatives. Here are my five tips:
#1: Find out why you want to replace Gleam
Is it for testing out a new platform to see how it will perform?
In internet marketing, nothing is static. Results will vary when you split testing. Same for the giveaway software. Be it a social media contest, lead generation contest, or simple Twitch stream giveaway, you should test your giveaway platform to uncover its impact.
Does your Gleam account limit in features?
Gleam is a gigantic giveaway platform. But, still, it lacks some features, such as A/B testing landing pages and a drag-and-drop page builder.
Is your Gleam subscription becoming unaffordable?
Gleam’s pricing plans can be confusing. It has pricing for each application and a pricing structure for all apps.
For instance, some integrations are only available in upper plans, and subscribing to those plans could not be the best value for your money, depending on your financial situation and business action plan.
#2: What was your objective in using Gleam in the first place?
Is it for growing your email list? Or messenger subscribers or social followers?
Or did you want to get referrals to your tech business, motor-and-brick business, or any other offline business?
Or did you want to get sales in the eCom shop by incentivizing existing customers through targeted coupons?
For instance, UpViral is best when it comes to running a giveaway for growing an email list. SweepWidget is great for social media contests such as comment competitions. GrowSurf is an excellent referral software for tech companies.
#3: Check out all websites
The idea of this article is not to make the decision for you but help you decide it.
Visit all the websites listed in this article and check the features, prices, and case studies. Case studies are valuable in understanding which kind of contests performed well with each tool. It will take some time, but it will be worth it.
#4: List top Gleam replacements based on priority
After reading this article and visiting the websites of each tool, you will get a list of the best Gleam competitors according to your criteria. List them according to priority.
Do you want a WordPress-specific giveaway platform? Then RafflePress should take the top position. You get the idea, right?
#5: Try them out
Most Gleam alternatives listed here provide a trial period. Some offer it for free, while others charge a small fee (ex: UpViral trial charges $1 and is available for 14-days).
Sign up for a plan with the most valuable features when trying out each tool. For example, A/B testing and brand removal are available in the middle plan of UpViral.
Can online lucky draw tools replace Gleam?
There are several sites like Wheelofnames.com which allows selecting winners.
Basically, those tools randomly select winners based on entries. On the other hand, Gleam is a service that helps you collect entries and choose winners.
If you already have a list of entries (i.e., participant identities), you can use a random name picker like WheelOfNames to choose winners. If not, online lucky draw tools cannot replace Gleam.
Final thoughts on Best Gleam Alternatives
Although Gleam is a popular giveaway platform used by many, there are many circumstances in which you will have to replace it. Perhaps when you replace it, you will achieve higher results because nothing is permanent.
First, you have to the objective of replacing Gleam and then select a preferred one. I hope this article helped you find a suitable Gleam alternative.
In the comment section below, let us know if you have used another online giveaway tool that outperformed Gleam.