In this Awario review, you will learn what the Awario brand mention monitoring and the social listening tool can do for your business. Plus, if it’s worth it while dozens of Awario alternatives are out there for marketers, agencies, and business owners.
Listen to what others say about your business is very crucial these days. Because those mentions could matter in both ways for you; in good ways and bad ways.
But, how do you find out who said what at which platform in this age where new platforms are popping out everywhere?
Well, that is why you need to use a dedicated brand monitoring and social listening tool.
Luckily, Awario is such a fantastic internet monitoring tool with very powerful features.
If you were using Google Alerts before and looking for a good alternative for other mention trackers, Awario is a good alternative.
In this review on Awario, you will learn how it can be helpful for your business.
- Awario Review
- What is Awario?
- How to use Awario?
- Awario Mentions Dashboard
- Awario Dashboard
- Awario Features
- 10 Benefits of Awario
- Awario Pricing
- Awario Pros and Cons
- Is Awario worth it?
- Awario Alternatives
- Conclusion on Awario Review
What is Awario?
Awario is essentially an internet monitoring tool. It can:
- Monitor social media networks such as Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, Youtube, and Instagram
- Track, Crawl, and look for blogs, forums, news sites, and all the web for mentioning of your keywords
- Instantly notify for any brand mention anywhere on the internet
Awario crawls 13 billion web pages every day. Unlike Google which is a search engine, Awario can monitor pages that Google is yet to find out.
Who is behind Awario?
Awario is offered by the same team who are owning one of the best SEO software ever, SEO Powersuite.
The Awario team is a US-based brand marketing and reputation management company (more details at CrunchBase) that delivers high-quality products for marketers, agencies, and businesses. Awario is such a high-quality app that stands out above the rest with its extensive data and powerful features.
How to use Awario?
It’s very easy to use Awario. If you are a beginner, follow these instructions to set up your Awario account and create the very first brand monitoring campaign.
Sign up Awario
Awario is a subscription-based brand tracking tool. Hence, you would have to sign up for one of their plans.
Awario free trial
You can get started for free by signing for the free trial over here. Here are the details of the free trial.
- Grants you access to the Starter plan which normally costs $29/mo
- You can create up to 3 alerts and find up to 30,000 mentions
- After the trial expires which will be after 14 days, you can subscribe to any plan that fits your needs
- If you do not purchase Awario, your data will be stored for another 14 days
Set up your Awario Project
A Project in Awario is a like a workspace where you organize your brand.
Fill out the form to create a project. Here is an example for Convertful.com.
- Brand Name: Convertful
- Product Description: lead generation tool, list building, survey creator
- Competitors: ConvertBox, OptinMonster
Set up mention alerts
The next step is setting up mention alerts for your newly created project.
- Alert – An alert is monitoring a specific keyword or set of keywords. (ex: Convertful reviews, lead generation tools, increase CRO)
- Mention – A mention is basically a mention or a citation for the alert
Click on the “Create Alert” button.
Setting up Awario monitoring
- Keywords – Include keywords that you want to monitor. This could be a brand name, a specific keyword, or even a hashtag. Use multiple keywords to receive more brand mentions
- Website or web pages – Specify the domain name that you want to monitor. Mentions from this domain will not be shown in alerts. For example, if you want to monitor who shares your blog posts on social media even link back to your site, this option will be very useful. But, you cannot use it as a feed collector to monitor competitor sites’ latest blog posts, etc.
- Negative keywords – Define keywords that you do not want to receive mention alerts to.
- Languages – Awario supports an extensive amount of international and local languages. The list goes from English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Afrikaans, Chinese, Arabic to Persian, Panjabi, and Russian. Use this option if you want to trace brand mentions for local businesses etc.
- Countries – Do you want to monitor mentions from a specific location? Use this filter to whitelist countries in Awario.
- Sources – Select the sources that you want to track the online mentions.
- Date Range – Select the period in which you want to see the brand mentions. Use the custom option for selecting any specific data range.
Precise your targeting with Boolean operators
Here are some Boolean syntax and operators that may help you.
- “KEYWORD” – Search for exact match keywords
- +” KEYWORD &%$& PHRASE “ – Search for exact match keywords that include specific characters.
- KEYWORD 1 AND “KEYWORD 2” – Find documents that include both keywords
- FROM facebook,twitter – Specify sources
- country – Specify the location
- link:”*.site.com/*” – Find any mention of the domain across the internet. Use the asterisk mark (*) for utilizing wildcards for URLs.
For more specific Boolean operations, check out this document.
Whitelist and Blacklist
Another way of limiting results is by using whitelist and blacklist options.
- Whitelist – Whitelist resources have become a priority when provided. Use the ‘Strict Mode’ to perform the search for the given whitelisted resources only
- Blacklist – Provide resources that Awario should ignore.
For example, if you want to only receive brand mentions from websites and blogs, use the whitelist option and use the ‘Website’ as an option. This will enable you to search for co-citations and use this tactic for building links.
Once the alert is set up, click on the “Apply” button. Once done, Awario will start operating based on your alert setting.
Connect social accounts
Besides presenting you with all the details about brand mentions, Awario also lets you interact with social media posts. So, in order to do that, you will have to connect your social media accounts first.
For example, I have already connected Twitter account so that I can interact with Twitter users who mentioned my brand on Twitter.
Set up alert notifications
Like you can set up Google Alert notifications, you can set up Awario notifications. But, Awario allows both email and Slack announcements.
Now you will receive notifications for new mentions on daily basis or weekly basis via email and Slack.
Set up Awario Leads
This is optional but if you are a digital marketing agency owner or a freelancer, Awario Leads feature will be helpful. What this basically does for you is letting you know for potential customers who are looking for solutions that you provide online.
Now you successfully set up Awario. It’s time to discover who mention what about your brand! Let’s find out more in this Awario review.
Awario Mentions Dashboard
Once Awario finds mentions for your alert you will see them on the Mention Feed.
In this page, you can.
- Filter mentions based on sources, time, and sentiment
- Export mention report
- Interact with social media posts
- Group mentions by conversations
- Search for a specific one
Inspect brand mentions
Awario is capable of finding out any mention of your brand even in forums. Here is an instance.
I run giveaways at UpContests.com. So, I have already set up an alert to find out mentions of giveaways.
A forum had made a post about the giveaway.
Also, you can see a summary of the website at the right sidebar. The most important ones are traffic per month, InLink Rank (same as Google PageRank), top SEO keywords cloud, and social media page links.
Additionally, you can find out how many times the particular person or the brand has mentioned you or your business that you are tracking. It is one way of determining the engagement. Also, Awario provides the estimated reach for social media and website posts. Therefore, you can get a rough idea of how influential the specific mention is.
Here’s a short brief of influencers and their importance ladder. Based on who mentioned you online, the results may vary.
Awario Dashboard is where you will find the statistics related to your alerts.
From here, you can grasp a quick idea on the mentions overall.
- Mentions trend and reach – These charts demonstrate how popular or trendy the mentions are.
- Sentiment – Awario Sentiment Analysis shows if the mentions are positive or negative.
- Top mentions and influencers – A mention from an influencer such as a celebrity or authority or a brand figure can make a huge impact over others. Find out which influencers were engaging with your brand in a specific period.
- Countries – Know in which countries your brand is more famous
- Topic Cloud – Get to know the most popular words or keywords related to your brand mentions. For example, if the mentioners are in your same niche, you can think that it’s relevant and could be more advantageous. Co-citations from niches that are related to you weigh more in SEO as well. (ex: a backlink from a technology blog matter more for a technology blog than a sports site)
- Sources – Find out in which sources your brand were prominently mentioned
- Languages – The language your brand was mentioned on
Data can tell a lot of things. Awario has added a new feature called “Insights” that highlights asymmetrical variations and special situations like a spike in mentions and going your brand viral online.
Another very useful feature I want to talk about in this Awario review is the ability to compare alerts.
In contrast with other brand monitoring tools, Awario lets you compare multiple alerts so that you can get a clear idea of which topics were talked about more on the Internet.
Awario provide three reports:
- Mention Statistics
- Alert Comparision
And you can export all of above reports via
- Shareable reports (HTML) – Awario will host your reports
- PDF report
You can customize each report by adding your branding (you need access to Whitelabel reports features which are allowed for Enterprise plans) and adding new sections.
As a brand mention monitoring and social media listening tool, Awario provides many features. Here are some of them.
Measure your brand’s reputation with Sentiment analysis. Awario will show whether a message is positive, neutral, or negative sentimentally. Also, in the Dashboard, you can get to know the overall scores as well.
Get to know your customer with their location and languages. If your business is local-based, utilizing Location and Language features in Awario alert settings will vastly help not only in reducing your Awario cost, but also getting precise information that matters.
Discover the context behind your mentions with Topic Cloud. Awario will list the top keywords that resonated with your brand. Identify if those are key themes for your business.
Receive the latest mentions via email. You can set up multiple email addresses so that if you work with multiple people, sending out the latest mention alerts would be easy with Awario.
You can get historical data with Awario by simply changing the date range. For example, if you want to know how a competitor brand performed across Twitter on Black Friday and Cyber Monday seasons, simply choose the time range.
10 Benefits of Awario
In the review of Awario, I shared how to get started on Awario and some features. In this section, I will list some benefits and use cases of Awario.
- Awario is a real-time social listening tool – Want to know what happens on Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit in real-time? Awario got you covered
- Track hashtags – Want to know what goes viral on social media based on Hashtags? Set up a hashtag tracking campaign.
- Export up to 25,000 Twitter mentions – Twitter policy allows you to export up to 25,000 mentions per day. Use Awario to export most-targeted mentions.
- Monitor your competitors – Track what people say about your competition.
- Use precise targeting with Boolean search – Save time, money by targeting precisely with Boolean search operators
- Go local – Get mentions from locations you are only interested in.
- Track reactions – Remember the day Google sunset Google URL shortener? Different people reacted differently. Many people looked for a better URL shortener immediately. That is very impactful. Similarly, the SEO space reacts differently for each Google update. Know how people respond to your marketing campaigns or product releases with Awario.
- Spot trending topics and adapt according
- Identify co-citations (ex: brand mentions without linking to your site) – In many cases, bloggers mention your site but forget to link. Research those events and request links.
- Find potential clients – Awario Leads feature lets you find new job and gig opportunities.
- (Bonus) An alternative to Google Alerts – Go beyond basic Google web mentions. Quickly know when something happens that is impactful to you by using Awario.
The basic Awario cost is $29 per month. The Starter plan allows 3 topics to monitor (alerts), 30,000 new mentions/mo, and 5,000 stored mentions per topic.
But, data export and shareable reports and API are in higher plans.
Awario Pros and Cons
In this review of Awario, I showed what this brand monitoring tool can do for your business. Here are the pros and cons of Awario.
- Extensive reach
- Easy to get started and user-friendly dashboard to get around
- Boolean search option to precise targeting
- Whitelist and backlist options
- Sentiment analysis
- Compare mentions
- Top influencers
- White Label Export options
- Team members
- No mobile apps (although the dashboard is mobile friendly)
- Awario Integrations – I would like to see more integrations with tools like Zapier and Integrately
Is Awario worth it?
If you are a…
- Blogger and want to find out who’s talking about your brand, new link building opportunities
- Marketer who want to analyze trends and research market
- SaaS business and want to know how people react to your product releases
- Digital marketer who want to provide social listening reports to your clients
- Local business owner who wants to know what your customers talk about your business in online
- Business owner who want to monitor the internet for mentions of yours and competitors
…You should give Awario a try.
Here Awario pricing plans and details.
- Awario Starter – Suitable for bloggers and solopreneurs and brands fairly new to the market
- Awario Pro – Suitable for marketers, agency owners, and freelancers
- Awario Enterprise – Suitable for businesses that want branded custom reports, API access, etc. (The Enterprise customers will get an account manager.)
I have shared all about Awario in this review. Still, if you are wondering if you should give Awario a try while numerous tools like Awario are out there, here are some of the competitors.
Mention.com is a social media listening and content publication tool. It’s around for some time and has gathered many users worldwide.
Awario vs Mention
Both provide web and social media monitoring services. However, there are several characteristics. Check out this table.
|Web & Social Media monitoring||Yes||Yes|
However, the features such as historical data are provided for customers who have subscribed to the “Company” plan that costs $450+ per month. One advantage of Mention over Awario is the ability to publish content to social media.
If you already use a social media management tool such as ContentStudio, you do not have to worry about it. On other hand, Awario only focuses on web and social media monitoring so that means you get the best features and best service possible.
Awario or Mention?
Awario’s Starter plan ($29/mo) incldes these:
- 3 mentions to monitor
- 30,000 new mentions/mo
- 5,000 stored mentions per topic
- 1 team member
Mention’s Solo plan’s ($29/mo) limits:
- 2 Basic alerts
- 5,000 mentions
- 5 social accounts
- 1 user
By comparing the alert features of Awario and Mention, Awario is the winner here. Not just Mention provides a limited number of new mentions per month but also limits the alert features.
Another alternative to Awario with very powerful features such as real-time alerts. Key features of BrandMentions are:
- Real-time alerts
- Mentions Research Tool
- Shareable Dashboards – Share custom Dashboards with your clients. It’s like a Sub-account but limited account settings on the client’s side.
- Historical data
Awario vs BrandMentions
Like Awario, BrandMentions only provides services related to social and web listening. Here are the key features and differences of both apps.
|Web and social media monitoring||Yes||Yes|
However, the price-wise, BrandMentions vs Awario tells you a slightly different story.
BrandMentions’ monthly pricing:
- Growing Business ($99) – 3 Projects, 15 Keywords Tracked, 10.000 Historical Mentions, 6 Months Historical Data, 1 Shareable Dashboard
- Company ($299) – 10 Projects, 50 Keywords Tracked, 50.000 Historical Mentions, 1 Year Historical Data, 10 Shareable Dashboards
- Enterprise/Agency ($499) – Unlimited Projects, 150 Keywords Tracked, 150.000 Historical Mentions, 3 Years Historical Data, Unlimited Shareable Dashboards
Comparing the costs of both tools, if you are a small business owner, Awario might be cost-effective for you at the moment. For $29 per month versus $99 a month, you’d receive the same number of features from a more established company.
More Awario Alternatives
I listed the best Awario alternatives in this Awario review above. However, there are several tools like Awario that provides web and social listening services. Here are more Awario competitors.
Do check out them and let us know your reviews in comments.
- BrandWatch – One of the key software that offers brand mention monitoring and intelligence services for customers.
- MediaToolkit – Another real-time brand monitoring tool awesome feature like monitoring comments of blogs, social media, etc.
- SproutSocial – An all-in-one tool for social media listening, publishing, engagement, and analytics.
- Brand24 – Another online reputation management and media monitoring tool. Brand24 offers specific features such as Newsletter monitoring and Podcast monitoring. One of the best Awario contenders!
- SERPWoo monitoring – SERPWoo is an SEO rank tracking tool. However, it added a new feature to monitor your targeted keywords on social media. I wouldn’t recommend this tool if you are looking for a professional online reputation management tool that tracks every corner of the internet. Look at these best SEO tools for bloggers if you are into SERP rank tracking.
Conclusion on Awario Review
Most successful businesses listen to what their ideal customers say at every stage of their businesses. Listening to what people say on social media and websites not only helps you in giving you ideas on what to improve but also gives you a bigger and better idea of what exactly people are concerned about.
Furthermore, you can compare your business with competitors to understand clear differences and similarities from people’s perspective.
In this Awario review, I walked through the tool and showed you how it can be useful for any business owner and marketer.
So, what are your reviews on Awario? Share in the comments below.