If you’re interested in making money online by flipping a website or selling your current online business, you might consider using a website broker or marketplace.
This article focuses on online website marketplaces and best brokerage services designed explicitly for buying and selling digital assets like websites, blogs, Amazon FBA, Android & iOS Apps, SaaS businesses, and online shops, including Shopify stores.
These assets can generate income from sources such as eCommerce, content, affiliate marketing, email list monetization, advertising, subscriptions, or software.
While this venture can be profitable, it requires skills in valuation, negotiation, due diligence, and migration. To help you begin, I’ve compiled a list of nine online business brokers and best website marketplaces for buying and selling websites, blogs, and other digital assets.
These buy-and-sell websites offer features like brokerage, listing, verification, escrow, migration, and support to simplify the transaction process.
Before we go further into best website marketplaces, I’ll provide a brief explanation of what a website marketplace is and how it is different from a broker. Also, I’ll share tips on selecting the best marketplace to meet your needs and preferences.
- What is a Website Marketplace?
- Website Marketplace vs Website Broker
- Benefits of Website Marketplaces
- Factors to Consider When Choosing a Website Marketplace
- Business Valuation and Monthly Multiplier
- Best Marketplaces to Buy and Sell Websites, Blogs, and Shops
- Final Words
What is a Website Marketplace?
A marketplace is a platform where buyers and sellers come together to engage in transactions. It serves as a venue for the exchange of services and information, facilitating transactions between parties. For example, solo ad marketplaces such as Udimi are third-party between solo ad sellers and buyers.
In the context of buying and selling internet businesses, a marketplace can refer to an online platform where business owners can list their businesses for sale, and potential buyers can discover, evaluate, and make purchases.
What’s the Difference Between a Website Marketplace and a Website Broker?
Marketplaces and brokers play distinct roles in the buying and selling of eCommerce businesses.
A marketplace functions as a platform where sellers showcase their businesses for sale, and prospective buyers can explore these listings to identify a business that meets their requirements.
On the flip side, a broker provides personalized services, aiding sellers and buyers in connecting with the right counterparts. Brokers assist in negotiations and oversee the transaction process. They typically maintain a curated inventory of businesses for sale and possess a network of potential buyers, streamlining the process for increased efficiency.
Benefits of Having Website Marketplaces to Buy and Sell Websites and Other Digital Assets
Here are the advantages of using website marketplaces:
- Diverse Opportunities: You can explore a wide array of websites, blogs, and online shops on website marketplaces, all designed for various niches and industries. This diversity allows you to investigate different opportunities and discover a digital asset that aligns with your interests and expertise. Some may use display advertising, affiliate marketing, and AdSense for monetization, while others may also sell their own products and services.
- Transparency: Reputable website buy-sell marketplaces offer clear information about the websites and online businesses available for sale. You can access detailed analytics, traffic data, revenue reports, and other vital metrics, empowering you to make well-informed decisions. Some listings may also include financial reports (profit, losses, and liabilities) and SEO data such as backlinks, top-performing keywords, and more.
- Time Efficiency: Using a marketplace to buy and sell a website streamlines your buying and selling process. Sellers can efficiently list their assets, and you can easily browse through available opportunities. This time efficiency is especially valuable if you’re an entrepreneur seeking swift transactions.
- Vetting: Established marketplaces usually have a vetting process in place to verify the legitimacy of listings. This validation helps you feel more confident in the accuracy of the information provided by sellers and reduces the risk of fraudulent transactions.
- Negotiation Support: Many website marketplaces offer features that make negotiations between you and the sellers easier. This includes built-in messaging systems, bidding options, and sometimes even the assistance of brokers. These tools help you reach mutually agreeable terms.
- Access to Expertise: Some website markets employ experts or provide access to broker services. These professionals can guide you through the process, offering insights on market trends, valuation, and potential risks, which is particularly beneficial if you’re new to the online business landscape.
- Niche-Specific Platforms: Certain website buying platforms cater to specific niches, such as e-commerce or content-based websites. This specialization allows you to focus on assets that align with your business goals and expertise, making the search process more efficient.
- Community Interaction: Many website marketplaces incorporate community features, such as forums or discussion boards, where you can interact with other buyers and sellers. This sense of community provides additional support, advice, and networking opportunities for those involved in the online business market.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Marketplace to Buy and Sell Online Businesses
Here is what you need to look for when getting these services:
- Secure Transactions: Make sure the marketplace offers secure payment options and, if possible, an escrow service. This ensures the safety of funds for both buyers and sellers until the agreed-upon conditions are met.
- Vetting and Due Diligence: Investigate whether the website marketplace thoroughly vets sellers and listings. Platforms that verify the accuracy of information provided by sellers can significantly reduce the risk of fraudulent transactions.
- Ease of Use: Look for a user-friendly platform with a straightforward interface. The listing, searching, and transaction processes should be intuitive, saving you time and effort.
- Community and Support: See if the marketplace has community or support features. Platforms that facilitate communication between buyers and sellers can offer valuable insights and assistance throughout the buying or selling process. Evaluate the quality of customer support provided by the marketplace. Responsive and helpful customer support can be crucial, especially if issues or questions arise during the buying or selling process.
- Transparency in Listings: Look for marketplaces that prioritize transparency. Listings should have detailed information such as revenue reports, traffic statistics, and other relevant metrics. This transparency empowers buyers to make well-informed decisions.
- Negotiation Tools: Assess whether the marketplace provides tools for negotiation. Features like messaging systems, bidding options, and broker assistance can streamline the negotiation process between buyers and sellers.
- Broker Services: Some marketplaces offer broker services to assist with more complex transactions. If you’re new to buying or selling online businesses, having access to experienced brokers can be valuable in navigating the process.
- Costs: You should choose a website marketplace that charges low or no fees for listing, selling, or buying a website, blog, or shop.
Business Valuation and Monthly Multiplier
In buying and selling online businesses, such as websites, Amazon FBA, and niche blogs that are monetized through affiliate programs such as Amazon Associates and display advertising networks such as Mediavine, Raptive, and Ezoic, you might encounter terms such as profit and revenue multiplier in business valuation.
You will find income and expenditures for the last 12 months in financial reports under many listings.
Profit = Revenue – Expenditures
The net profit for the 12 months of a calendar year (L12M) is usually considered when evaluating a business’s worth. For example, if the annual net profit of a niche blog is $20,102, then the average monthly profit is $1,675.17 (L12M). Some businesses may have a higher L6M for various reasons, such as Cyber Week and the nature of the niche.
The value of a business is estimated by multiplying L12M with a profit multiplier. The multiplier differs from 20 – 42 (and even more). It depends on various factors such as:
- Monetization method — Some buyers may prefer affiliate programs with passive income opportunities over dropshipping.
- Niche — The competitiveness, the ease of market penetration for a newcomer (i.e., niche blogs), and other factors.
- Platform and content format — Some buyers prefer WordPress blogs over YouTube channels.
- SEO — Organic traffic percentage of overall traffic, top performing keywords & pages, backlinks (and metrics such as DR, PA), and opportunities to extend the market horizontally and vertically.
- Maintainance — How easy it is to operate the business and how the buyer can integrate the website into their portfolio without diverting or changing existing operations.
Value of a business = L12M * Profit multiplier
Some website marketplaces and online business brokers may also consider the revenue when evaluating the worth. In those cases, you must remember that there are expenses for operating the business (Ex: web hosting, premium plugins, social media management tools, SEO tools), creating content, and marketing.
Some website vendors use revenue as a metric because the profit margin is usually low, which is unattractive to most buyers, especially for ones with limited cash flow.
Best Marketplaces to Buy and Sell Websites, Blogs, and Shops
If you’re in search of high-quality and reliable websites to purchase, consider exploring Empire Flippers. This marketplace specializes in offering established sites with impressive domain authority and traffic, all set for acquisition.
Empire Flippers caters to various online business models, whether they generate revenue through ads, affiliate products, eCommerce, Amazon FBA, SaaS tools, and more.
When a business is showcased on Empire Flippers, it undergoes a vetting process with the platform’s team of experts personally selecting the majority of sites. This guarantees that the sites listed are thoroughly evaluated and deemed worthy of sale.
The platform gives sellers a comprehensive business valuation service. This service involves a detailed analysis of the online business’s financials, traffic sources, and overall performance.
Buyers on Empire Flippers can benefit from migration support. This includes assistance in transferring assets, domains, and other vital elements of the business.
Sellers can enjoy the tool’s extensive reach and effective marketing strategies. This gives them exposure to a global audience of potential buyers. The platform’s network of investors allows the visibility of listings. It increases the likelihood of finding the right buyer quickly and efficiently.
For sellers, Empire Flippers offers dedicated broker support, guiding them through every step of the process, from the initial listing to negotiations and the final sale.
Steps for Buying and Selling Businesses on EmpireFlippers
Here is the process that the Empire Flippers follows when you want to buy or sell products.
How to Buy a Business
- Explore Empire Flippers Marketplace to discover a business that suits your preferences. They present a diverse range of businesses.
- The platform provides multiple options for you to access a listing fully and explore the business along with its data.
- Take your time examining all the information and conducting due diligence to ensure that the purchase aligns with your needs.
- They guide you through the payment process, and then all site assets are migrated into your ownership.
How to Sell a Business
- First, you’ll need to submit your business and answer a few questions about it. Then, the review process kicks off.
- The team will assess your submission to list your business. They’ll reach out if anything extra is needed for vetting or marketing purposes.
- Your business will be showcased to thousands of potential buyers. They’ll assist you in filtering out casual inquiries to connect with serious investors.
- Empire Flippers will guide negotiations and structure deals to maximize value and ensure a quick closing. They’ll handle the business transfer to the buyer on your behalf.
Empire Flippers employs a commission system based on tiers, so as the sales amount increases, your commission decreases. This setup is crafted to encourage you, as a seller, to engage in bigger deals while still ensuring you earn a substantial commission.
If your business is under $700,000, the commission amounts to a flat 15% of the sale price.
For businesses valued between $700,000 and $5 million, you’ll be charged an 8% commission on the amount that exceeds $700,000 but is less than $5 million.
If your business surpasses $5 million in value, the commission is further reduced to 2.5% on the amount exceeding $5 million.
Flippa is among the leading global online marketplaces for buying and selling online businesses and digital assets. Here, online business owners come together to trade assets, including E-commerce stores, blogs, SaaS companies, mobile apps, social media accounts, newsletters, and other online ventures.
Flippa has successfully concluded the highest number of sales, exceeding $400 million. It has drawn in thousands of devoted buyers.
With a user base of over 1.5 million, Flippa consistently adds approximately 5,500 new users every month. This results in over 10 million searches conducted on the platform each month.
Its active user community continuously interacts with the site, exploring new listings and initiating meaningful discussions between buyers and sellers.
As you navigate Flippa’s user-friendly interface, you find that it streamlines the listing process for sellers. The intuitive dashboard allows sellers to showcase their digital assets, providing comprehensive details about their online businesses, websites, or apps.
When you put your business up for sale on Flippa, you can choose between two options: “self-service” or “broker matching.” If you prefer extra assistance in selling your business, going with a broker is a good idea. Brokers will assess your valuation, collaborate with potential buyers, assist in preparing important paperwork, handle offers, and oversee the due diligence process.
To build trust with potential buyers, Flippa offers seller verification services. Sellers can undergo a verification process, adding a layer of confidence to their profiles. The verification badge signals to you that the seller’s information has been vetted. This creates a secure transaction process.
Also, this platform recognizes that not all sellers prefer public auctions; it provides private sale options. This allows sellers to negotiate directly with potential buyers.
It equips sellers with valuation tools to determine the fair market value of their digital assets. These tools analyze factors such as financial performance and industry trends. This assists sellers in setting competitive and realistic prices for their listings.
Flippa equips buyers with due diligence tools to assess the credibility and potential risks of a listing. These tools may include access to financial statements, traffic analytics, and seller interviews.
The platform has a bid and auction system in which you have the opportunity to participate in competitive bidding for your desired digital assets. This system ensures fair market prices and a transparent transaction experience.
It allows sellers to list and price their assets in one of 14 different currencies and places a high priority on the security of transactions. You can proceed with confidence, knowing that the platform employs secure payment processes and escrow services to protect both parties involved in the transaction.
Cost for Selling on Flippa
Accessing Flippa’s platform services comes with charges, including a success fee. The Standard Platform fees begin at $49, and for business valuations under $9,999, success fees start from 3%.
If you opt for an upgrade, you gain access to a broader reach and additional services to assist you throughout the sales process.
You receive the support of a certified M&A advisor who personally oversees your sales. For a business valuation ranging from $250,000 to $999,999, the cost is $299 monthly, with a maximum term of 6 months and a success fee of 6%.
In Motion Invest’s marketplace, you have the opportunity to purchase and sell content sites. These sites can generate income through affiliate offers, allowing you to earn a commission on sales made through your site.
Also, you can explore websites offering hosting or domain names for sale within the Motion Invest marketplace.
The marketplace presents content sites with prices spanning from $800 to $1 million or more. Market prices are set at fair values. This ensures you avoid overpaying or engaging in bidding wars.
Rest assured, Motion Invest exclusively offers profitable websites that you can start generating a return in the first month.
When you make a purchase, you won’t need to handle the site transfer independently. Their expert team will assist in transferring everything and updating the monetization on the top 20 pages.
You can participate in the Dutch Auction for all sites, where prices decrease every two days until the site is sold or reaches its reserve price.
Process of Selling a Site
- First, you submit your website to determine its value. Fill out the valuation form with details like URL, income, Google Analytics, etc. Once the form is complete, it provides you with a quick snapshot of your site’s value based on general data. Evaluating a website involves many factors, such as niche, traffic, earnings, etc. To receive an actual offer, you need to run the site through their due diligence process.
- Your site goes through its due diligence process, and their team reaches out within 24 hours to confirm they have all the correct details. If the site doesn’t fit their criteria, they reject it at this point.
- Each site undergoes a due diligence process with ten different steps. This process can take 3-7 days, depending on the site’s size, submitted details, and monetization methods.
- Once the due diligence is completed, they will inform you whether the site is a good fit or if it fails any checks. If it’s a good fit, their team sends you an offer.
- After agreeing on a listing price and Dutch auction details, you’ll be sent a Marketplace agreement to sign and a few FAQ questions to answer.
- Once the agreement is signed, their team starts working on the listing page, which takes 1-2 days to complete. Once created, the listing page goes live on the Motion Invest website, and an email is sent out to their massive buyers list.
- When the site is sold, you’ll receive an email. They then send you another Asset Purchase Agreement for both you and the buyer to sign. On average, it takes 12 days from the signed buyer’s agreement stage for a site to be sold.
- Once the APA is signed, they will introduce you to the transfer team. They assist in backing up the site and transferring the domain to the new buyer after they receive all the funds. This process can take 3-7 days after receiving the remaining funds from the buyer.
- After successfully transferring the site to the new buyer (with confirmation that everything is set up properly), they will release the wire payment to you from their bank. Once submitted, it can take 3-6 business days for the funds to hit your account.
Steps of Buying a Site
- When you come across a site you wish to buy, click the “buy now” button on the listing page to make the purchase. For sites priced under $2,000, pay the full amount, and for those over $2,000, a non-refundable $1,000 is required.
- Upon purchasing a site, their team will contact you within 24 hours via email. They inform you of any remaining funds and send both you and the buyer the Asset Purchase Agreement (APA) for review and signing.
- If the site is under $2,000, you can skip this step. However, for sites exceeding $2,000, you must send them the remaining funds before they initiate the transfer. They’ll securely hold these funds within Motion Invest until the transfer process is finalized.
- Once all funds are received, you’ll be introduced to the transfer team. They assist in transferring the site and its assets to you. This includes swapping out affiliate links on 20 pages at no extra cost.
- After the successful transfer of everything to you, the service will release the funds to the seller.
When you sell directly to Motion Invest, there are no commissions or listing fees, unlike other marketplaces.
However, if you choose to list your site on their marketplace, there is a commission fee of 20% for sites valued under $20,000 and 15% for sites above that value. This ensures you can maximize your sale proceeds without losing any profits.
BuySellEmpire connects Buyers with sellers globally, providing a wide array of products and services like content sites, eCommerce stores, SaaS tools, and Amazon FBA businesses.
It allows sellers to create detailed listings that showcase the unique features and strengths of their digital assets. You can customize the addition of multimedia elements, financial data, and growth potential, making it easier to attract potential buyers.
You have access to comprehensive analytics and performance data for each listed asset, including traffic statistics, revenue trends, and customer demographics. Also, It encourages negotiations between sellers and buyers.
The service offers valuation tools that assist sellers in determining the fair market value of their digital properties. To ensure your transactions are safe and transparent, BuySellEmpire uses secure payment gateways and escrow services, building confidence for both you as a buyer and the sellers.
It takes a step further by providing you with due diligence tools, such as detailed financial reports, traffic analytics, and historical performance data.
Steps to Sell Business
Before you place your business for sale, ensure your monthly revenue or profit is at least $1500, with a verifiable history of revenue and traffic spanning a minimum of 12 months. Also, make sure that your business content is exclusively in English.
Here are the steps of follow:
- First, share essential details such as your business URL, current revenue, numbers, profit figures, traffic trends, etc., to kick start the process. The team will assess your business details to determine its suitability. You’ll expect to receive a response within 24 hours.
- Add a few extra details that potential buyers can use to evaluate your business, such as growth forecasts, team size, reasons for selling, asking price, etc. This step puts your business live on the marketplace.
- You’ll get genuine business inquiries from verified buyers. Review offers and decide which conversations you want to proceed with.
- Now, you can negotiate terms directly with buyers and accept the offer that aligns with your preferences.
BuySellEmpire operates as a marketplace that charges a commission for businesses to list their products and services for potential buyers. The commission you pay to BuySellEmpire depends on the size of your sale, usually ranging from 4 to 10%, and larger sales result in higher commission fees.
FE International provides you with merger-and-acquisitions advisory services tailored for SaaS, e-commerce, Amazon FBA businesses, and content businesses. This variety allows you to explore opportunities across different niches and industries.
As a seller, you can reap the benefits of its extensive marketing strategies, which include targeted outreach and promotion across various channels.
FE International helps buyers in the post-sale transition. It assists with migrating assets, knowledge transfer, and guidance to integrate your newly acquired business into your portfolio seamlessly.
You can take advantage of its comprehensive business valuation services. It helps you determine the fair market value of your digital assets as a seller.
The service ensures secure transactions by utilizing trusted escrow services. This gives both parties confidence that the funds are secure until the agreed-upon conditions are met.
The platform provides negotiation support to sellers, leveraging its expertise to facilitate fair and mutually beneficial agreements.
Process of Buying and Selling
As a buyer, you’re provided with a comprehensive prospectus, giving you insight into the business through their due diligence process. This guarantees a clear understanding of the acquisition opportunity because FE International has already conducted extensive vetting.
Transparency is at the forefront, and the prospectus covers various aspects such as business operations, growth potential, market trends, traffic, financial performance, ongoing commitments, and more.
In the process of selling, their experienced M&A advisors handle the heavy lifting, allowing you to focus on running your business. With all their teams in-house, covering accounting, valuation, onboarding, M&A, and technical transfer, they’ll help you sell your business now or in the future.
The team will cover everything from planning your exit to analyzing valuations, engaging in strategic negotiations, conducting due diligence, managing acquisition accounting, dealing with complex legal structures, post-sale considerations, and more.
Niche Investor focuses on selling various online assets such as content websites, blogs, eCommerce businesses, and niche digital assets.
The service handles the sale of well-established websites that come with diverse assets and revenue streams. At Niche Investor, they’re dedicated to helping both buyers and sellers navigate the process of acquiring and selling niche online businesses.
Steps to Sell Your Website
- To successfully sell your website, it’s crucial to share its financial history and traffic reports transparently. Investors need detailed information before committing to your business.
- Your designated Niche Investor team will create a listing for your website on the marketplace. They will actively promote the listing and engage with potential buyers.
- Interested buyers will start to submit offers. You have the flexibility to accept, reject, or counteroffers until you reach a satisfactory price and deal. Niche Investor representatives will guide you through this process and address any questions you may have.
- When you accept an offer, they’ll present a legally binding contract between you and the buyer. The legal contract outlines both parties’ responsibilities, payment arrangements, and details of the transfer process. This contract safeguards against issues like non-payment.
- After all parties sign the contract, the payment process begins. The buyer sends the full payment to Escrow for safekeeping. Once Escrow confirms the secure payment, it’s time to transfer the assets. These include website files, domains, databases, social accounts, email subscribers, and other relevant items.
- Niche Investor will facilitate website migration and domain transfer. This process takes 7-10 business days. After receiving all assets, the buyer fulfills their contract responsibilities and releases funds from Escrow.
How to Buy a Website
- Start by browsing the marketplace for websites that match your preferences and budget. It’s advisable to set aside extra funds for potential site growth after acquisition.
- Conduct due diligence by evaluating factors like the existing community, revenue streams, potential for additional income, profit and loss statements, and Google Analytics traffic history. Ask the broker pertinent questions to gain a deep understanding of the business.
- Once due diligence is complete and you’re confident about acquiring the business, submit your offer. Fill out the offer form on the relevant listing, indicating the amount you’re willing to pay for the site.
- Upon the seller’s acceptance of your offer, your Niche Investor agent will provide an Escrow account for the transaction. You can then make the payment from your banking institution, with Escrow serving as a secure third party to manage the funds’ transfer.
- After receiving the payment, the seller will transfer the website files, domain, and all included assets. Your agent will oversee the seamless transfer to ensure you receive everything promptly.
Pricing and Commission Rates
When you list your site, there’s a $25 fee to feature it on the platform. It allows them to showcase it and promote it to potential buyers. Upon a successful sale, you’ll be charged a commission based on the selling price.
If your site sells, you pay a success fee from your earnings, and the commission depends on the selling price. The higher your site sells, the lower the commission you pay.
Alternatively, if you opt to sell your site directly to us, there are no listing fees or success fees.
Here are the success fee rates based on the selling price:
- Sale price: $700,001 and above = 7% success fee
- Sale price: $500,001 – $700,000 = 10% success fee
- Sale price: $50,001 – $500,000 = 15% success fee
- Sale Price: $50,000 and under = 20% success fee
At Website Properties, they specialize in selling well-established digital and tech-enabled businesses. Unlike traditional business brokers, their expertise is focused solely on online properties, including Amazon FBA businesses.
Their team comprises internet entrepreneurs with over 50 years of combined experience, having developed, operated, and sold numerous websites. With a large subscriber base of over 35,000 active clients looking to acquire online businesses, they cater to buyers with criteria ranging from $100k to $25m across various industries.
When you want to sell your online business, they’ll conduct a thorough evaluation to assess the business’s health and provide an accurate valuation to ensure a fair price.
The platform’s advanced search filters empower buyers to efficiently narrow down options based on essential criteria such as revenue, traffic, and niche.
Sellers can optimize their listings with detailed information on financial performance, traffic sources, and growth opportunities, presenting a compelling case to potential buyers. The transparency provided by comprehensive listing details helps buyers make informed decisions about potential acquisitions.
Throughout negotiations, Website Properties offers support to sellers, allowing mutually beneficial agreement. Also, it uses escrow services to safeguard the interests of both buyers and sellers by holding funds until agreed-upon conditions are met.
Quiet Light is a business brokerage firm that helps online entrepreneurs sell and buy online businesses, such as e-commerce, SaaS, and content.
It provides a free valuation service to assist in assessing the value of your business and offers an extensive marketplace for listing your business.
Quiet Light has a team of advisors who have experience in buying and selling their online businesses and offer services such as valuation, negotiation, due diligence, and post-sales support.
Buying Process with Quiet Light
- The buying process is straightforward, with ample support. Buyers undergo income verification to distinguish serious buyers from window shoppers. Publicly listed information includes revenue, income, multiples, and price, with a general business description that maintains confidentiality.
- Private information is shared with buyers, including the site name and essential details for vetting earnings and traffic. This allows for thorough due diligence and confirmation of presented numbers.
- Advisors at Quiet Light Brokerage conduct extensive vetting to confirm gross sales, net profits, and relevant data. They provide this information to buyers, facilitating their ongoing due diligence.
- Quiet Light’s staff manages the migration process, handling technical aspects from escrow and payment to the seamless transfer of the business between the seller and the buyer.
- The inspection period spans several weeks to a couple of months, and the overall transaction period, guided by experts, typically takes 3 to 5 months from initial interest to fund transfer and business transfer completion.
Selling Process with Quiet Light
- The process begins with the sellers submitting their business for valuation. This comprehensive assessment considers not only the type of business, earnings, and profits but also entails a thorough examination. The advisor then discusses what they consider to be an appropriate valuation. During this phase, a thorough examination of income and traffic numbers occurs. This information is crucial for potential buyers in the website business process.
- Following the valuation, the business is listed, allowing members of the Quiet Brokerage Review to view it. The assigned advisor actively promotes the business to suitable previous buyers, engaging in negotiations for the final price to secure the best possible deal for the seller.
- A final sale is contingent upon agreeing to the terms of the sale, with both parties signing an official contract. Subsequently, the payment and transfer processes commence.
- The buyer places the funds into escrow, and upon confirmation, the site migration process begins. Concurrently, the necessary legal changes for ownership transfer are pursued with relevant authorities.
- Throughout the entire process, the Quiet Light Brokerage team provides hands-on guidance. This offers strong technical support to ensure a smooth progression at every step.
Acquire.com, established in 2020, is a marketplace linking startups and SaaS businesses to potential buyers.
The platform prioritizes growth and revenue over profitability, making it particularly suitable for startups and SaaS models. To enhance the user experience, it employs a paid membership model for buyers, aiming to reduce spam and create a more efficient process for sellers.
How to Sell on Acquire.com
- Create your listing by providing essential information about the startup you intend to sell. Outline details about your business, clarify the reason for selling, and synchronize your metrics.
- Their specialists will enhance your listing to facilitate a swift, effortless, and high-value sale. You can use multi-channel marketing campaigns to generate increased buyer interest.
- Assess potential buyers and offers to identify the most suitable match. Engage in negotiations for the best deal with the assistance of their customer success team. Evaluate buyers based on their experience and acquisition objectives.
- Also, you can prioritize buyers with verified identities and available funds and securely finalize transactions with free escrow services from Escrow.com.
How to Buy on Acquire.com
- You can share your preferred business goals with them, and they’ll locate startups that align with them or refine the marketplace to identify the perfect match. Also, you can reach out to founders to discuss further.
- Assess the performance of startups by examining connected web, customer, and financial metrics. Examine financial snapshots and P&L summaries to comprehend revenue, customers, and churn. Analyze audience and customer acquisition data.
- Their advanced tool streamlines your acquisition process, allowing you to concentrate on securing the best deal. You can automatically sign NDAs for instant access to founder data, create and send LOIs and APAs within minutes, and close transactions securely and confidently using Escrow.com.
You engage with Acquire.com through a buyer-focused paid membership structure featuring three tiers: Basic (free), Premium ($390 annually), and Platinum ($780 annually).
As a seller, you won’t incur a commission fee for listings. However, Acquire.com provides a “Managed by Acquire.com” service that does have a 4% fee.
I hope this article has given you some useful information and insights on how to buy and sell websites, blogs, and shops online. But also you should do your own research and due diligence before making the selection.
You should compare the prices, features, and reputation of different marketplaces and also verify the authenticity and accuracy of the digital assets that are listed for sale.
If you need more help or guidance, you can also consult with experts, advisors, or brokers who have experience in buying and selling online businesses.