Affiliate marketing is so wonderful.
There are lots of opportunities to make money with affiliate marketing from different ways.
I am pretty sure that either Google AdSense disapproved your application or you make pennies with CPM advertising networks.
Do you want to kick out CPM advertising networks and make real passive income online?
Then look nowhere. Today you’re going to meet an affiliate network called ShareASale.
Before starting my ShareASale review, check out this ShareASale earning chart.
In above chart, horizontal axis demonstrates months and vertical axis showcases the monthly earnings.
Honestly, I did nothing to make these earnings during last few months.
These incomes are from my old blog posts.
I wrote some articles to promote ShareASale affiliate offers. And ShareASale affiliate network did other things such as tracking my traffic, conversions and sending payouts.
I did nothing.
Now you may be asking, “Chamal your blog is in Internet Marketing field. How would I know if ShareASale has affiliate offers for my niche?”
Your question is fair. I have met some affiliate networks that have limited offers. But, believe me, ShareASale is not one of them.
Here are a few affiliate program categories on ShareASale.
- Web services
- Home and Garden
- Webmaster Tools
- Real Estate
In fact, ShareASale has more than twenty affiliate program categories with more than 4,400 affiliate programs at the moment of writing this article!
That’s a lot of affiliate offers.
Merchants trust ShareASale affiliate network. So, you can find a wide range of popular online and offline services on ShareASale.
A few affiliate programs on ShareASale you can promote.
- Wayfair:- An online retail store. 5% commissions based on store. Sky's only the limit!
- Deluxe Business Products:- 20% per sale. 10%-30% commissions for certain products.
- WPEngine: WordPress dedicated hosting service. Earn $200.00 per sale and $0.01 per lead.
- Avocado Mattress: Another high converting offer.
- Barcelo Hotels: With 6% commissions and high-quality traffic, you could make serious money with them.
Each affiliate programs use different pricing models and have different commission rates. However, most of those offers convert very well.
ShareASale is very restricting at adding new affiliate programs to their network. I have never found an offer that showcases fake testimonials and cheats on customers such as most MMO products you’d find on the Internet.
Who can join to ShareASale affiliate network?
If you’re a
- Blogger with an authoritative blog
- Blogger with a micro, niche or event blog
- Search engine marketer
- Performance Marketer (a.k.a CPA marketer)
- Media buyer
- Affiliate marketer
You can make money with ShareASale!
Yes, you don’t need to be a super affiliate or an email marketer with huge lists to make money online with ShareASale.
If you are one of above persons, you could start making money with ShareASale’s affiliate programs from right now!
What type of offers could you choose to promote?
As being an online marketer since 2012, I know that certain products or services convert differently.
Merchants list their products/services on affiliate networks in most occasions, because either they don’t want to handle marketing aspect (As of high budget, tough competition and low volume etc.) or the product hardly converts.
Yes, that is the harsh truth that no one prefers to tell you.
But, you shouldn’t promote every type of product.
We can categorize each product or service on ShareASale into four groups.
- PPS: Pay Per Sale or the PPS offers is the most popular product type not only in ShareASale but also in other affiliate networks such as CJ, ClickBank, and ClickSure as well. You can find hundreds of PPS offers in many verticals. The pricing model is very simple and straightforward. You get paid once you referred a customer to the merchant. In most cases, you get a significant commission percentage out of the product’s or service’s price.
- PPL: PPL stands for Pay Per Lead. In most cases, PPL offers are lead generation offers. Therefore, once someone registers on merchant’s website, you would get paid. PPL affiliate offers to convert higher than PPS products. However, payouts are very lower. In most occasions, $0.01-$2.00.
- PPC: PPC refers to Paid per Click. As the name explains, you get paid once someone clicks your affiliate links. These type of offers could rarely be found on ShareASale affiliate network. You may ask why. Because, in these days, some affiliates could easily use fraudulent activities to generate tons of bots traffic to affiliate pages. Therefore, these type of offers disappeared from entire Internet a long time ago.
- Pay per Call: The latest affiliate offer type is Pay per Call. Once you refer a customer through phone calls, and it meets general KPIs, you get paid. You may ask how they track that I referred the customer. ShareASale has all these facilities and technologies for Pay Per Call tracking!
I prefer to promote PPS affiliate products generally. Because, I know from my experience that affiliate offers in ShareASale converts better and I receive commissions based on the product bought or a flat commission (ex: $20, $100, $200 per sale). So, with a right affiliate product promotion strategy, I could make money online with ShareASale.
Do You Know?
Some affiliate products on ShareASale provide commissions for both free registration and becoming a customer! So, you get paid for both PPL and PPS.
I mentioned that affiliate programs on ShareASale convert better than most other networks.
Here’s the proof…
I know the data is too low to get to a conclusion. However, you could see that product that I have promoted converts.
I have promoted variety type of offers in different verticals in past. Most of them are low converting and/or have a little half-life time.
But, guess what, the product I made money have promoted since 2013! It converts today as well as the day I started promoting this offer!
The Reliability of ShareASale Affiliate Network
I have worked with 100s of affiliate programs and a few affiliate networks in past. Here are a few difficulties I have faced.
- Some affiliate programs are unreliable: You might feel that you have made more affiliate sales, but, network reports don’t showcase these conversions. It’s really disappointing seeing you don’t get accurate information inside an affiliate program or network.
- Customer support service is horrible: Do you believe that I have waited 2,3 weeks for receiving a reply for my queries? Those are after my couples of follow-up messages.
- Payouts are not on time: How would it look like when you don’t get paid for sales?
- Doesn’t have different payout methods: Many affiliate programs offer PayPal as a payout method. But, as you might know, receiving money through PayPal isn’t still available for a few countries. You could use Payoneer to create virtual banking accounts. However, some affiliate programs still depend on PayPal, that most people couldn’t utilize.
However, ShareASale is not among them.
Here’s why ShareASale is a reliable affiliate network for small businesses.
- Traffic Tracking: You get a unique link for each affiliate program. Different affiliate programs have different Cookie times. However, you would get paid once someone converted into a member or a customer.
- Rich traffic and conversion reports: ShareASale is one of top affiliate networks I have seen that show traffic and conversion reports in detail. You can even add sub-ids to track conversions on specific campaigns.
- ShareASale Help Center: If you have an issue with ShareASale, you can submit a ticket to ShareASale support desk and get your problems resolved quickly.
- Directly send messages to merchants: Working with an affiliate network such as ShareASale is really helpful in cases like you want to contact the merchant. I have met some inbuilt affiliate programs that don’t open my messages. However, companies that use ShareASale have agents to manage affiliate side of the company. You get quick replies, especially on weekdays.
- Different payout methods: It really hurts to hear when you don’t have a reliable method to get paid. ShareASale supports different payout methods such as Payoneer, direct deposit to banks. I use direct deposit to US bank method. I usually get paid within 1-3 business days.
I know many of Pitiya readers are bloggers and small business owners. ShareASale is a blogger-friendly affiliate network.
Here are a few essential facts about ShareASale affiliate network for bloggers.
- Your site doesn’t have to have large traffic volume: I got approved to ShareASale affiliate network when Pitiya hosted on Google Blogger. In those days, my blog received about 10K-20K unique visitors per month. But, it was enough for me to get approved to ShareASale.
- Minimum Payouts: You don’t have to earn thousands of dollars to receive your earnings. Minimum payout is $50. That’s very good for every type of affiliates. Heck, you could even find affiliate offers that give $100 or even $200 per each conversion! Only one conversion is enough to break the payout threshold!
- Payments on time: ShareASale sends payments on 20th of each month. If it’s a weekend day or a holiday, you would receive payments on the next business day.
- ShareASale offers instant payouts to Payoneer account holders: You can submit an application through ShareASale to receive a free MasterCard sponsored by ShareASale through Payoneer. ShareASale will send your earnings to your Payoneer MasterCard and you can withdraw them through an ATM machine which supports MasterCards.
Now, you might be concerned that ShareASale is an user-friendly affiliate network. Here’s how to use ShareASale to make money online.
How to Make Money Online With ShareASale Affiliate Network
ShareASale is an affiliate network that merchants or advertisers list their product on the network. Affiliates just like me, and you join to each program manually and promote their services.
Therefore, you will have to:
- sign up to ShareASale,
- join affiliate programs,
- promote affiliate programs...
...to make money with ShareASale.
Phase One: Sign Up to ShareASale
Step 1: Register on ShareASale.
Sign Up to ShareASale affiliate program by clicking this link.
Step 2: Fill the ShareASale affiliate application form.
You will be guided through five easy, self-explanatory steps to sign up as an affiliate for ShareASale.
Enter accurate information. Your username doesn’t matter for affiliate tracking. It’s used for identifying you.
I strongly recommend you to enter your business email address when signing up for ShareAslae. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
However, if you don’t have a business email address, you can still use a generic email address.
Do You Know?
You can generate unlimited email address with your Googlemail.com account!
Ex: email@example.com (Replace “custom_name” with a unique identification name)
Although using a generic email address such as your Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook email address won’t do a significant different to your application approval process, a business email address will give a professional look and speed up the application approval.
Step 3: Verify your identity.
Confirm your email address by clicking on the verification link sent to your email address. ShareASale may want to verify you own the website you provided in above steps.
Follow the instructions and confirm you own the website. In most cases, you could verify by adding the meta tag code within head section. (between <head> and </head>)
Step 4: Complete Your ShareASale Affiliate Profile
Once you are successfully approved to the ShareASale affiliate network, the first thing you’d have to do is complete the incomplete tasks such as filing the tax form (if you’re a US citizen) and set up the payout method.
If you still haven’t verified your website’s ownership, I recommend to do it first. Because when applying for affiliate programs in ShareASale, they (merchants or affiliate managers) look at your profile. If they found you haven’t confirmed your website yet, then you won’t be approved to the particular affiliate program.
Other settings I would like you set up at the first place.
- Payout method: ShareASale provides a few different payout methods. One of my favorites is Payoneer. Link your Payoneer account with ShareASale or create a new one over here.
- Add your website: You should primarily add or edit the website address.
- Explain about yourself: Write a short description about you, your blog, what you do etc. This will certainly help in getting approved for affiliate programs in ShareASale.
- Fill Tax details: Every publisher should fill IRS or International Revenue Service forms in order to receive payouts. United States residents must fill the W8-BEN form and non-US residents must fill the W8 form.
Phase Two: Join Affiliate Programs
Getting started with ShareASale affiliate network is really easy.
How it Works
- You join an affiliate program.
- Affiliate manager(s) of particular program review your profile.
- You get access to affiliate links, creatives, coupons.
- You promote the affiliate product.
- You make money for each conversion.
- Conversion locks on 20th of every month.
- You get paid on every 20th day of every month according to the payout settings.
Step 1: Search merchants.
Go to Merchants >> Search For Merchants.
Merchants in different verticals join to ShareASale consistently.
You can search affiliate programs by keywords. Ex: washing machine, foodies, SEO tools.
Also, you could do an “Advanced Search” to find specific affiliate products that meet your metrics.
After you find an interesting product, click on “Join Program” button to sign up for each affiliate program individually.
Check out the “Details” tab to find important metrics for affiliates like Cookie period (the longer, the better), and deposit type.
Some affiliate programs automatically deposit earnings into your ShareASale affiliate account once a conversion occurs.
Step 2: Account Approval.
According to the program you have requested the promotion access, you’d be approved instantly or after affiliate managers reviewed your application.
Step 3: Get Affiliate Links.
Once the particular merchant approved you for the affiliate program, you can start promoting the product or service.
Click on “Links” >> “Get a Link/Banner”.
Click on “Get Links” under the affiliate program you have joined.
In the next window, you’d see a lot of options to select for promoting the product/service.
How to Promote Affiliate Products on ShareASale Network
In this ShareASale affiliate program review, you found out that affiliate programs on ShareASale convert better. But, without a good promotion strategy, you won’t make any penny.
Here are four popular and effective ways to promote ShareASale affiliate programs.
- Blog Post Articles: Write an article based on an issue your potential customers are facing. Introduce your affiliate product or service as a solution.
- Review Articles: Most people search for unbiased, honest reviews about the particular product or service on search engines. Write a good review article about the service after researching its pros and cons. I recommend you to buy the product or service yourself first. It will certainly help you understand the product’s advantages and disadvantages.
- Comparison Articles: Does your affiliate product or service have competitors? Write a comparison article and increase your sales. Check out my Ginger vs Grammarly grammar tools comparison for an example.
- Creatives: Most affiliate programs in ShareASale provide creatives such as banners, videos for publishers. Display a few of them on your blog and see how it works.
My favorite methods for promoting any affiliate product as a blogger are not only writing a review article but also writing a good lengthy article showcasing the product’s or service’s benefits.
For example, let’s say you want to promote the DMCA product on your blog. It offers $10.00 per each sale and $0.25 for each lead. It’s pretty good, right?
So, how do you promote DMCA.com on your blog?
First of all, let’s build up a questionnaire.
- What’s the product’s category? Webmaster tools
- What is the target audience? Bloggers, webmasters, and SEOs.
- What does product do? Protect your website content from thieves.
- What does product offer? Provide tools to deter, detect and defend against unscrupulous content thieves.
- Does the product have any competitor? Yes, some services that offer a variety of tools.
- How the particular product differs from the competition? Apart from checking plagiarism, DMCA offers a badge to display on the website to protect content.
- What are other benefits of the product? Protect content against people who are intending to steal content in future. Provide tools for Blogger, WordPress CMS, and plagiarism scanners. Receive monthly status reports to email.
Now you should get a clear idea of what DMCA offers and how you can promote it.
Once you understood key takeaways from above questions, the next BIG thing is finding a right angle to promote your offer.
ANGLE is the most important factor of promoting an affiliate product whether you promote it on a blog or a YouTube video.
A right angle could crush your competition and stand you out as a top affiliate of the particular product.
Here are a few blog post ideas for you to promote DMCA.
- How This One Tool Helped Me Protecting My Content From Content Thieves
- Why Your Blog Posts’ Organic Rankings Don’t Increase (You May Be Not Responsible For It!)
- How I Increased Direct Traffic by 19.28% Using a Very Simple Trick
The USPs or Unique Selling Propositions for above article headlines are:
- Protect content and be safe.
- Increase search engine ranking by checking plagiarized content or stolen content.
- Watermark photos and drive more direct traffic while increasing brand awareness.
These all three blog articles promote DMCA at the backend. However, the difference here is your approach to promoting DMCA for different types of audiences who have various intents.
Of course, your writing skills and designs contributes to the conversions as well. However, the key to converting a reader into a buyer is using a right angle.
I could write an entire article on promoting affiliate products on your blog. But, I wanted to give you a basic idea how this affiliate promotion stuff works.
In content writing, keyword research also matters. I would recommend you to check out this guide on ranking low competitive keywords on search engines. I have explained everything you need to know to write pillar articles that search engines eager to index!
Some More Tips To Make Money With Affiliate Programs
Even though you could find high converting offers on the ShareASale affiliate network, still you have a lot of works to do to generate conversions.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make money online with ShareASale affiliate programs.
- Promote products that fit your niche: It doesn’t make sense promoting a fitness product on your gaming blog. Am I right? Be sure to check product’s specifications and see how they could benefit your audience.
- Don’t be salesy: You want to make money. Everyone want to make money. But, don’t be salesy. Don’t put affiliate links all around your articles. Put them in the right places and when it is necessary.
- Be with your potential customer: You can push readers to buy from you once or recommend the product showcasing its pros & cons and build the trust. The decision is in your hand.
- Benefits over features: People don’t care if you make money or not. They want to know how the particular product or service solve their problems.
- More angles better: Be creative and come up with different ways to promote the particular affiliate program for distinct audiences.
Other affiliate promotion tips that everyone should know
Apart from above affiliate marketing tips, you can use these tips as well to make more money through affiliate programs in ShareASale.
- Promote affiliate offers with high payouts and high conversion rates: Higher the payouts is high earnings, right? No, it is not. Always be in attention on how far each product or service converts. Higher commissions always help, but, in overall, it is not.
- Cloak affiliate links: In modern days, people aren’t silly. They could understand whether you have linked out to affiliate products or not. Even you cloaked affiliate links, people could know it. However, in general, it is better off hiding original ugly affiliate links rather than inserting naked unattractive affiliate links.
- Track everything: I can’t talk about the importance of tracking. Just track everything. If you don’t track affiliate links, you know nothing about particular campaigns.
ShareASale is one of my favorite affiliate networks that I have been using since 2013.
The best thing I have found about ShareASale affiliate network is its programs are very good, Fortune 500 companies uses ShareASale to give the marketing aspect to affiliates.
Companies like WPEngine, Godaddy, Grammarly, GingerSoftware make millions in every year because of quality affiliates in ShareASale.
If you still haven’t signed up for the ShareASale affiliate network, I recommend giving it a try.
So, what’s your favorite component of ShareASale? How would you review ShareASale affiliate network? Share your thoughts in the comment form below.