How much does Semrush cost? In this post on Semrush prices, you will find out how much Semrush costs in 2021 and more.
Semrush is one of my most used tools ever and I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to boost organic traffic and online visibility as a whole of a business.
Semrush started as a search engine marketing tool. SEM is the acronym for Search Engine Marketing.
However, it has grown into something else, something more than just an SEM tool during the last couple of years.
Now, there are over 40 different tools that you can use. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Keywords Research
- Domain Insights
- Keywords Magic Tool
- SEO Content Template
- Position Tracking
- Site Audit
- Listing Management (Local SEO)
- Traffic Analytics
However, the pricing of Semrush varies depending on your subscription plan and the packages (ex: add-ons) you have purchased.
That is why in this article, I will discuss the Semrush prices over years and share the current cost for Semrush for each plan.
- Semrush Prices: What did Semrush Cost in past?
- Semrush Cost in 2017
- Semrush Costs in 2021
- Semrush Add-ons Pricing
- Semrush Traffic Analytics API pricing
- Semrush free trial
- Conclusion on Semrush Prices and Costs in 2021
Semrush Prices: What did Semrush Cost in past?
In my Semrush tool review, I shared the details about Semrush’s past and how it was founded.
But, I did not share the starting costs of Semrush subscription plans.
Like today, in past, there were three Semrush subscription packages most times.
Semrush was started in 2008 and the tool was really getting the attention of marketing in 2012’s.
Semrush Costs in 2015
Check out the screenshot below for the Semrush price plans in 2015.
In 2015, Semrush had a few SEO specific tools.
- Domain vs Domain
- Position Tracking (One of the prime tools to introduce the keyword rank tracking)
- Keyword Difficulty Checker
- Site Audit
Semrush Pro cost $69.95 per month and it consisted of very similar feature limits as you’d see on the current Semrush Pro plan.
- 10,000 results per report
- 3,000 reports per day
- 5 projects
- 500 keywords to track
- 100,000 pages to crawl
- 5 Scheduled PDF reports
The GURU plan pricing was $149.95/mo with increased limits for Pro features. Also, Guru account holders got access to new features such as Historical Data and Branded reports.
However, the Semrush Business plan cost $549.95 per month in 2015! Which is higher compared to current pricing for the Business plan of Semrush.
Semrush Cost in 2017
After several years of the same pricing, Semrush changed overall prices. As a result of that, there were new costs for Pro, Guru, and Business plans.
Here is the Semrush prices in 2017.
- Pro plan went up to $99.95/mo
- GURU plan went up to $199.95/mo
- Business plan went up to $399.95/mo
Also, Semrush introduced the “Enterprise” plan and a personalized (custom) plan for enterprise-level businesses.
As of December of 2017, there were over 135 databases and 220+ million keywords.
Although the pricing was increased, there were new features and tools compared to 2015 times. Some of the notable ones are:
- Backlinks Checker – Started competing with established big ones such as Ahrefs
- Advertising search – Analyze Google Ads of competitors
- Keywords Magic Tool – A new way of doing keyword research
- On-site Audit – Started competing with an SEO software solution in that time such as Website Auditor by SEO Powersuite
- Brand Monitoring – Find web mentions etc.,
- On-Page SEO Checker
- Content Analyzer
- Social Media poster
How did this Semrush Price increase cause to existing paid users?
Existing paid users (users that have purchased a paid subscription before the price increase) maintained the previous subscription conditions indefinitely unless their subscription was interrupted!
In other words, existing users were grandfathered into new features without having to upgrade to new Semrush pricing.
Since 2017’s, Semrush did not change the price until 04th January of 2021. That is more than three and a half years!
But, they added new features at a rapid pace. In fact, currently, there are over forty (40) different tools in the Semrush toolset!
Semrush Costs in 2021
Semrush increased pricing again in the 04th Jan, 2021.
Before that, the Semrush subscription packages’ features and limits were changed over there and here a bit. But, the billing was not changed.
The new Semrush Pricing was available for users who sign up after 04th, Jan 2021. And users with free accounts can upgrade to the new plans only.
Key changes in Semrush price increase in 2021:
- Subscription fees for Pro, Guru, and Business plans were increased by $20, $30, and $50 subsequently.
- All features and limits of Semrush packages have remained
- Currently, free account users can upgrade a paid Semrush subscription in these pricing conditions.
Not only, you can customize your Semrush billing by adding more users, keywords to track, SEO Idea units, scheduled PDF reports to your existing plan without upgrading to a higher plan in your account billing page.
See the screenshot below for reference.
Semrush has become a pay-as-you-want digital marketing toolkit. This feature would be extremely helpful if you are an agency and manage clients’ SEO & SEM projects.
This is the most recent price increase of Semrush. So, if you want to use the Semrush tool for growing your business, sign up now over here.
Since you would be grandfathered into future features and would retain the same billing settings, this might the right time for giving it a try.
Semrush Add-ons Pricing
Apart from basic subscription packages, Semrush offers add-ons for power users who want to use the Semrush toolset deeply and strengthen marketing campaigns.
Here are the add-ons you can purchase on Semrush.com.
- Competitive Intelligence add-on – $200/mo per user — Includes features and tools such as Market Explorer, Traffic Analytics, Competitor Benchmarking, and Bulk traffic analysis. Ideal for media buying agencies
- Agency Growth Kit add-on – $100/mo — Includes clients’ management features, White label reports and agency partner certification (become a Semrush agency partner), and a personal listing on the agency platform. Ideal for digital marketing agencies
- Local SEO – $20 for Basic location and $40 for Premium location listings. Ideal for agencies
Semrush Traffic Analytics API pricing
Semrush Analytics API is solo separately and a Semrush subscription is not needed.
For other APIs for Projects and Accounts, you would have to have a Business subscription at first. Then, purchase an API unit that suits your needs.
Semrush Traffic Analytics API consists of two tiers.
- Extended API — Pull all the information of websites through Semrush databases.
- Basic API — Pull main metrics for multiple domains’ desktop and mobile traffic in .csv format on a monthly basis.
The price of Semrush API varies depending on your needs. There is not a clear fixed fee. You’d have to contact Semrush sales team and ask for price details.
Semrush free trial
Semrush offers a free trial for new users. You can give Semrush a try over here.
- Try 40+ robust marketing tools
- 142 GEO databases
- 37+ trillion backlinks
- 20+ billion keywords
- 820+ million domains
Semrush Lifetime Deal
Currently, Semrush paid plans start from $119.95 per month. There are not Semrush plans for a lifetime price. But, you can enter our future giveaway where we will give away Semrush subscriptions for free. Enter your details to join the waiting list.
Conclusion on Semrush Prices and Costs in 2021
Semrush is used by over six million marketers like you all around the world. It has different subscription plans.
- The Free plan — Suitable for people who want to give it a taste!
- The Pro plan — Suitable for bloggers, webmasters, SEOs, and solopreneurs as a whole.
- The Guru plan — Suitable for power users who want to extend the Pro feature limits and try new features such as Historical Data and Content Marketing Platform. Ideal for small digital marketing agencies as well.
- The Business plan — Suitable for enterprise-level businesses and power users who want to scale online marketing campaigns and get access to APIs and extended sharing and reporting options.
Plus, you can extend your account’s limits without upgrading to a higher level by buying Semrush units as well. So, Semrush prices are flexible and costs can be determined and adjusted to anyone’s need.
Check out the current Semrush plans and pricing by following this link.
Related and Resources:
- How to use Semrush for blogging
- SEO Tools like Semrush for bloggers
- Long Tail Pro vs Semrush review
- Traffic Analytics API Demo Constructor
Frequently Asked Questions
Sign up for a Semrush free account by entering your name and email on this page.
Follow this link and log into your account. Then fill out the form and your Semrush subscription would be disabled within one business day. To cancel your account without logging in, send a cancellation message to firstname.lastname@example.org by using your associated email.
A free Semrush account consists of 10 free searches per day.
Semrush is pronounced as [semrʌʃ].
According to the new pricing, Semrush Pro, Guru, and Business are $119.95, $229.95, and $449.95 per month sequentially.
Enter your personal details, email address, and credit card details on this page to activate your free trial account.
So, how much do you pay for Semrush? Let us know your Semrush costs in the comments!