How much does Semrush cost? In this post on Semrush pricing and new prices in 2024, you will find out how much Semrush costs and more.
Semrush is one of my most used tools ever, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to boost organic traffic and online visibility as a whole of a business.
Semrush started as a search engine marketing tool. SEM is the acronym for Search Engine Marketing.
However, it has grown into something else, something more than just an SEM tool, during the last couple of years.
Now, there are over 40 different tools that you can use. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Keywords Research
- Domain Insights
- Keywords Magic Tool
- SEO Content Template
- Position Tracking
- Site Audit
- Listing Management (Local SEO)
- Traffic Analytics
However, the pricing of Semrush varies depending on your subscription plan and the packages (e.g., add-ons) you have purchased.
That is why, in this article, I will discuss the Semrush prices over the years and share the current cost for Semrush for each plan.
- Semrush Price in 2024
- Semrush Prices: What did Semrush Cost in the past?
- Semrush Cost in 2017
- Semrush Costs prior to the latest price change (2023 July)
- Previous prices
- Semrush Add-ons Pricing
- Semrush Traffic Analytics API pricing
- Semrush free trial
- Conclusion on Semrush Prices and Costs in 2023
- Frequently Asked Questions on Semrush Pricing
Semrush Price in 2024
Semrush increased its pricing for all new customers and returning users effective from July 3. Here are the new Semrush prices:
- Pro – $129.95/month – 5 projects, 500 keywords to track SERP ranking, 10,000 results per report
- Guru – $249.95/month – 15 projects, 1,500 keywords to track SERP ranking, 30,000 results per report
- Business – $499.95/month – 40 projects, 5,000 keywords to track SERP ranking, 50,000 results per report
Not only can you customize your Semrush billing by adding more users, keywords to track, SEO Idea units, and scheduled PDF reports to your existing plan without upgrading to a higher plan on your account billing page, but also increase your limits.
See the screenshot below for reference.
Semrush has become a pay-as-you-want digital marketing toolkit. This feature would be beneficial if you are an agency and manage clients’ SEO & SEM projects.
This is the most recent price increase of Semrush. So, if you want to use the Semrush tool to grow your business, sign up now.
Since you would be grandfathered into future features and retain the same billing settings, this might be the right time to give it a try.
Semrush Prices: What did Semrush Cost in the past?
In my Semrush tool review, I shared the details about Semrush’s past and how it was founded.
However, I did not share the starting costs of Semrush subscription plans.
Like today, in the past, there were three Semrush subscription packages most of the time.
Semrush was started in 2008, and the tool was really getting the attention of marketing in 2012.
Semrush Costs in 2015
Check out the screenshot below for the Semrush price plans in 2015.
In 2015, Semrush had a few SEO-specific tools.
- Domain vs. Domain
- Position Tracking (One of the prime tools to introduce keyword rank tracking)
- Keyword Difficulty Checker
- Site Audit
Semrush Pro costs $69.95 per month and consists of similar feature limits as you’d see on the current Semrush Pro plan.
- 10,000 results per report
- 3,000 reports per day
- Five projects
- 500 keywords to track
- 100,000 pages to crawl
- 5 Scheduled PDF reports
The GURU plan pricing was $149.95/mo with increased limits for Pro features. Also, Guru account holders got access to new features such as Historical Data and Branded reports.
However, the Semrush Business plan cost $549.95 per month in 2015! This is higher than the current pricing for Semrush’s business plan.
Semrush Cost in 2017
After several years of the exact pricing, Semrush changed overall prices. As a result, there were new costs for Pro, Guru, and Business plans.
Here are the Semrush prices in 2017.
- Pro plan went up to $99.95/mo
- GURU plan went up to $199.95/mo
- The business plan went up to $399.95/mo
Also, Semrush introduced the “Enterprise” plan and a personalized (custom) plan for enterprise-level businesses.
As of December 2017, there were over 135 databases and 220+ million keywords.
Although the pricing of Semrush was increased, there were new features and tools compared to 2015 times. Some of the notable ones are:
- Backlinks Checker – Started competing with established big ones such as Ahrefs
- Advertising search – Analyze Google Ads of competitors
- Keywords Magic Tool – A new way of doing keyword research
- On-site Audit – Started competing with an SEO software solution in that time, such as WebSite Auditor by SEO Powersuite
- Brand Monitoring – Find web mentions etc.,
- On-Page SEO Checker
- Content Analyzer
- Social Media poster
How did this Semrush Price increase cause existing paid users?
Existing paid users (users who purchased a paid subscription before the price increase) maintained the previous subscription conditions indefinitely unless their subscription was interrupted!
In other words, existing users were grandfathered into new features without upgrading to new Semrush pricing.
Since 2017, Semrush did not change the price until 04th January of 2021. That is more than three and a half years!
But, they added new features at a rapid pace. In fact, currently, there are over forty (40) different tools in the Semrush toolset!
Semrush Costs prior to the latest price change (2023 July)
Semrush increased pricing again on the 04th Jan of 2021.
Before that, the features and limits of the Semrush subscription packages were changed over there and here a bit. But, the billing was not changed.
These are the plans available for users who subscribed before 03rd July.
Key changes in Semrush price increase in 2021:
- Subscription fees for Pro, Guru, and Business plans increased by $20, $30, and $50.
- All features and limits of Semrush packages have remained
- Free account users can currently upgrade to a paid Semrush subscription under these pricing conditions.
Semrush Add-ons Pricing
Apart from basic subscription packages, Semrush offers add-ons for power users who want to use the Semrush toolset deeply and strengthen marketing campaigns.
Here are the add-ons you can purchase on Semrush.com.
- Competitive Intelligence add-on – $200/mo per user — Includes features and tools such as Market Explorer, Traffic Analytics, Competitor Benchmarking, and Bulk traffic analysis. Ideal for media buying agencies
- Agency Growth Kit add-on – $100/mo — Includes clients’ management features, White label reports and agency partner certification (become a Semrush agency partner), and a personal listing on the agency platform. Ideal for digital marketing agencies
- Local SEO – $20 for Basic locations and $40 for Premium location listings. Ideal for agencies
Semrush Traffic Analytics API pricing
Semrush Analytics API is sold separately, and a Semrush subscription is not needed.
For other APIs for Projects and Accounts, you would have to have a Business subscription at first. Then, purchase an API unit that suits your needs.
Semrush Traffic Analytics API consists of two tiers.
- Extended API — Pull all the information of websites through Semrush databases.
- Basic API — Pull main metrics monthly for multiple domains’ desktop and mobile traffic in .csv format.
The price of Semrush API varies depending on your needs. There is not a clear fixed fee. You’d have to contact the Semrush sales team and ask for price details.
Semrush free trial
Semrush offers a free trial for new users. You can give Semrush a try over here.
- Try 40+ robust marketing tools
- 142 GEO databases
- 37+ trillion backlinks
- 20+ billion keywords
- 820+ million domains
Conclusion on Semrush Prices and Costs in 2023
Over six million marketers like you use Semrush all around the world. It has different subscription plans.
- The Free plan — Suitable for people who want to give it a taste!
- The Pro plan — Suitable for bloggers, website owners, SEOs, and solopreneurs as a whole.
- The Guru plan — Suitable for power users who want to extend the Pro feature limits and try new features such as Historical Data and Content Marketing Platform. It is ideal for small digital marketing agencies as well.
- The Business plan — Suitable for enterprise-level businesses and power users who want to scale online marketing campaigns and access APIs and extended sharing and reporting options.
Plus, you can also extend your account’s limits without upgrading to a higher level by buying Semrush units. So, Semrush prices are flexible, and costs can be determined and adjusted to anyone’s needs.
Check out the current Semrush plans and pricing by following this link.
Related and Resources:
- How to use Semrush for blogging
- SEO Tools like Semrush for bloggers
- Long Tail Pro vs. Semrush review
- Traffic Analytics API Demo Constructor
Frequently Asked Questions on Semrush Pricing
Sign up for a Semrush free account by entering your name and email on this page.
A free Semrush account consists of 10 free searches per day.
Semrush is pronounced as [semrʌʃ].
According to the new pricing, Semrush Pro, Guru, and Business are $119.95, $229.95, and $449.95 per month sequentially.
Enter your personal details, email address, and credit card details on this page to activate your free trial account.
Yes, the free version includes 1 project, 10 keywords tracked, and 10 searches per day.
Free Semrush account gets 10 searches per day.
In general, the Semrush Traffic Cost is the worth of organic traffic a site receives from search engines. It depends on the search clickstream data and the CPC of every ranking keyword. Learn more.
Semrush SE (Search Engine) traffic price is the value of traffic in terms of Google Ads cost.
Semrush has its own servers and crawls the web to accumulate data. Also, Semrush has partnered with numerous companies to get its data.
So, how much do you pay for Semrush? Let us know your Semrush costs in the comments!