This new article will uncover the best Semrush alternatives for bloggers to save money and take SEO to the next level!
And never-ending regular updates and new tools make Semrush one of the all-time best SEO and SEM tools for marketers.
Although how perfect the Semrush is, it might not be for you. Maybe you are looking for an SEO tool with a simple user interface. Or maybe you are looking for a cheap Semrush alternative concerning its new prices.
Any reason you might have, you are going to find out top Semrush competitors in this article. Once you find Semrush alternatives you want to use, check this article on Semrush subscription cancellation and follow the instructions. You might be eligible to get a refund on Semrush.
- 3 Best Semrush Alternatives (Free & Paid)
- BrandOverflow — A Semrush free alternative
- WriterZen — A better Content writing tool than Semrush
- SEO Powersuite — A software competitor for Semrush
- What is the best Semrush Alternative?
- Conclusion on Semrush Alternatives
- FAQs on Semrush Alternatives and Competitors
3 Best Semrush Alternatives (Free & Paid)
Depending on your needs, the best Semrush alternative of mine would not be yours. Therefore, I recommend trying out all of these possible Semrush replacements.
BrandOverflow — A Semrush free alternative
BrandOverflow is a new SEO tool that provides various tools for search engine marketers to improve organic traffic.
Top 5 BrandOverflow Features
Both Semrush and BrandOverflow have Google rank tracking tools in place. But, Semrush has the ability to track keyword ranking in Bing searches as well.
Here is a screenshot of my BrandOverflow Rank Tracking dashboard.
Some features of the BrandOverflow Rank tracker
- Rankings are updated daily and automatically
- Ability to track local organic rankings
- Email notifications on rank updates
- Track Google My Business and Position Zero rankings
- Track rich snippets rankings
- Find the biggest movers and biggest drops for a particular period.
Looking for a site like Semrush to find keywords that you want to rank?
BrandOverflow’s Keyword Tool makes it easier than ever.
BrandOverflow’s Interface is very similar to Ahref’s. Here are several things you can accomplish in the Keyword Tool of BrandOverflow.
- Find rank requirements for the first page on Google. (See how much DA, TF, and backlinks are required on average to rank on the first page for a specific search term)
- Know if the keyword is easy to rank for
- Understand the popularity over time
- Current top 10 SERP ranking websites and relevant metrics such as DA, TF, referring domains, etc.,
Another fantastic tool inside BrandOverflow is the Keyword Generator. The equivalent in Semrush is the Keyword Magic Tool.
Despite not having robust keyword filter options and features in the BrandOverflow, it does what it promises, which is to generate relevant keywords.
Here is a short video on how to use BrandOverflow’s Keywords Insights tool.
If you are looking for an excellent Semrush alternative for domain insights, BrandOverflow might have a good option for you.
However, there is no tool to beat the Semrush traffic cost estimation tool. BrandOverflow’s data only represents basic details of a site.
Semrush is one of the best tools when it comes to competitor analytics. It has developed its own ranking system and domain authority mechanism called Semrush Rank. Also, BrandOverflow offers similar but basic details about competitor sites.
- Domain Authority measures based on Majestic SEO, Moz, etc.,
- Backlinks details (Overview)
- Social shares metrics
- Alexa Traffic ranking details
- Audience Insights
- Traffic trend
- Geographic coverage
- Traffic channels
- Top organic search queries
- PPC search terms
- Referring sites
- Social traffic metrics
Site Auditing is one area where tools like Semrush dominate over other SEO software.
Unlike other Semrush competitors, such as SEO Powersuite’s Website Auditor, you do not need to run software on your computer to run a full SEO audit of your site if you use BrandOverflow’s SEO Audit tool.
Both BrandOverflow and Semrush provide SEO Audit as cloud services. But, unlike Semrush Site Audit, BrandOverflow currently does not offer full site audit features.
BrandOverflow SEO Audit analyzes a particular web page for a certain keyword phrase and suggests tips to optimize the page to rank higher on Google SERPs. See the screenshot below, for instance.
YouTube keywords Generator
One area BrandOverflow dominates Semrush is the YouTube Keywords Research field. Semrush cannot suggest keywords for Youtube videos. But, BrandOverflow has got it!
BrandOverflow has a free plan. However, just like Semrush, you should upgrade to one of the paid plans if you want to supercharge your SEO efforts. BrandOverflow’s premium plans start at $79 per month. And you can upgrade as you grow.
Here are the features and limits of BrandOverflow’s $79 monthly plan. (BASIC)
- Tracked Keywords – 500
- Tracked Backlinks – 1,000
- Keyword Tool – 750 /mo
- Keyword Generator – 250 /mo
- Domain Insights – 250 /mo
- Global Search Volume – 250/mo
- SEO Audits – 5,000 /mo
- Traffic Checker – 250/mo
The next plan is the Advanced costs $118 per month, and the limits are doubled compared with the Basic plan.
Semrush vs BrandOverflow
Both tools provide various tools for search engine optimization. However, I have experienced that Semrush provides a lot more feature-rich tools.
Here is a comparison between Semrush and BrandOverflow.
BrandOverflow Pros vs SEMrush
- Cheap compared to Semrush.
- Rank tracking data are updated daily and are pretty accurate
- The ability to track local keyword rankings
- White-label features for digital marketing agencies at a cheaper price range
- Dark mode!
BrandOverflow Cos vs SEMrush
- Do not have a competitor analytics tool
- Limited data
- Limited export options
- No mobile apps
Who should use BrandOverflow over Semrush?
I have been using both SEO tools for some time. Semrush’s paid plans start at $119.95/mo, while BrandOverflow’s lowest paid plan is $79/mo.
If rank tracking is a big part of your business, I recommend BrandOverflow over Semrush because it’s cheaper and more accurate.
WriterZen — A better Content writing tool than Semrush
WriterZen is a Content Writing tool equipped with many SEO tools and features. If you want to replace your Semrush subscription with a powerful keyword research tool, WriterZen would be worth your shot!
Top 3 WriterZen features
One area where WriterZen stands out from Semrush is the Topic Discovery feature.
- Find what search engines expect from a keyword (i.e.: keyword intend)
- See which type of content dominates on the Google SERP (i.e.: How-to guides, reviews, list articles, videos, or web stories)
- Find related Google search queries, Google Suggest insights, and more.
Watch the video below to see the interface and key features of the Topic Discovery tool.
One of my favorite tools of WriterZen is Keyword Explorer. In fact, the sole reason why I choose WriterZen over Semrush for my keyword research process is that WriterZen includes some very cool features.
- Get keyword ideas and discover their trend, top 10 SERP, Ahrefs data (ex: UR, DR, and backlinks details), keyword difficulties, and more
- Get keyword insights based on Questions, Prepositions, Alphabet, and Numerical order
- Cluster keywords and see which kind of keywords gives a similar SERP result (very useful to know keyword similarities in terms of Google perspective. Something that Semrush does not offer currently)
And one of my favorite features in WriterZen is finding lower competitive keywords for blog posts. In your WriterZen Keyword Explorer Dashboard, enable Allintitle and filter keywords based on low KGR (Keyword Golden Ratio) value.
Here is a video that shows how to use the Keyword Explorer tool.
WriterZen is one of the best KGR keyword research tools for one reason: It lets you find keywords based on the probability of ranking and the potential value:
Essentially, if you are getting started and want to find keywords with the possibility to rank on Google fast without backlinks, the first option, “By Ranking Probability,” is recommended.
The other option, “By Potential Value,” is better if you want to find money keywords.
Another reason WriterZen is a better Semrush alternative is that it lets you cluster keywords and forecast revenue.
Here are some reasons why WriterZen is a very good Semrush competitor and can definitely replace Semrush’s SEO Content Writing Assistant.
- Find the top 10 Google SERP results and get to know the word counts, last updated date, H2, H3 headings, and an overview of each section based on GPT-3
- Get to know how many words, headings, and keywords you should include in order to beat the top 10 in the SERPs.
- Find which keywords to include (and how many times) and opportunistic keywords, and which questions people ask on Google and Reddit.
- Build excellent content outlines
- Start writing your blog post from the beginning, export an existing article, and optimize the content.
Learn more about WriterZen in this review on the WriterZen SEO tool.
When it comes to Pricing, Writerzen provides cheaper plans. In Semrush, the base premium plan costs $119.95. But, in WriterZen, not only does it have a generous free trial plan, but also the base premium plan costs only $39/mo.
Semrush vs WriterZen
However, If you are looking for a cheaper SEO tool and replacement for Semrush equipped with content writing, keyword research, and plagiarism checking capabilities, WriterZen is the best Semrush alternative.
WriterZen Pros vs Semrush
- Cheap pricing compared with Semrush premium plans
- Better UI and UX. Loads quickly.
- Check Allintitle of desired keywords
- Cluster desired keywords and find matching keywords in terms of Google ranking
- A better plagiarism checker than Semrush’s and generous limits
WriterZen Cons vs Semrush
- A limited number of SEO tools
- WriterZen gets data from Ahrefs but cannot be accessed individually
- Data for some keywords, mostly sensitive search queries, are restricted due to Google policy
- No mobile applications
WriterZen or Semrush?
Both tools provide high-quality features for marketers and business owners. But, Semrush is measured and provides many more features and tools than WriterZen. However, if you are looking for a good keyword research tool to find low-competitive keywords, WriterZen is better than Semrush. Its KGR scores will surely help in deciding which keywords to use.
Also, the Content Creator in WriterZen is better than Semrush’s. For others, like checking competitors’ traffic, keywords, backlinks, etc., WriterZen cannot replace Semrush at the moment.
SEO Powersuite — A software competitor for Semrush
SEO PowerSuite is the ultimate SEO toolset and definitely is one of the best alternatives to Semrush. Unlike Semrush, all tools of SEO Powersuite are software, so you can use them more often than most Semrush tools.
Top SEO Powersuite Software
Rank Tracker software by SEO Powersuite is a good alternative to Semrush Rank Tracker.
Here’s a video on using Rank Tracker to monitor keywords (and generate new ones).
- GEO-specific rank tracking
- Integrated keywords tools in one place and found keywords for content marketing.
- All your keywords and rankings are in one place. Find mobile and desktop keyword rankings separately.
- Track competitors’ keyword rankings
- White-label customizable reports
WebSite Auditor’s equivalent in Semrush is Site Audit. Since WebSite Auditor is software, you are not limited by the number of web pages, so you can literally audit an unlimited number of pages. Read this in-depth review of WebSite Auditor to study more.
That is alone a bigger advantage over Semrush, particularly if your site contains hundreds of thousands of resources.
Website Auditor is a robust audit tool and probably the best software for site auditing. Here are a few things the WebSite Auditor is capable of.
I have used both Semrush Site Audit and WebSite Auditor for numerous of my and clients’ sites. WebSite Auditor is powerful and flexible in site audits because it focuses on on-site audits alone compared with Semrush.
Google uses TF-IDF to rank web pages. I use this feature often to find unused keywords in blog posts. They reduce the chances for keyword stuffing and improve the content by adding relevant ingredients for pillar content.
This software does what Semrush’s Backlink analytics tool does, helping you build more high-quality backlinks by identifying potential link-building opportunities.
According to their website, their own backlink index contains over 2.7 trillion backlinks, and 7.1 web pages are crawled daily!
That is a lot of data!
Watch this SEO Spyglass webinar to see how to use the tool.
- Find all backlinks pointing to a website
- Spy on competitor’s link building secrets
- Find traffic-generating backlinks
- It lets you easily see if your competitors are buying site-wide links
- It lets you figure out where your competitors are buying links from
- Customizable reports
Link Assistant is similar to the Semrush Link Building tool. It is used for none other than to acquire quality backlinks.
- Find link partners
- Search sites linking your online competitors
- Launch link-building campaigns
- Monitor backlinks
- Link building reports
SEO PowerSuite has three main plans.
- Free — Awesome to get started
- Professional — Perfect for website owners and webmasters
- Enterprise — Designed for professional optimizers and SEO companies
Normally, Professional plans start at $149/year and Enterprise plans at $349/year.
The Professional plan will be more than enough if you are a solopreneur such as a blogger.
SEO Powersuite vs Semrush
Both SEO tools provide powerful features to take your SEO marketing campaigns to the next level.
However, the likelihood of using SEO PowerSuite may depend on what you are looking for in a Semrush alternative and what the uses are.
SEO Powersuite Pros vs Semrush
- Dedicated, feature-rich tools for every SEO requirement
- Unlimited usage
- Low cost compared with Semrush’s agency plans, such as Guru.
SEO Powersuite Cons vs Semrush
- Requires a computer to use the tool
SEO Powersuite or Semrush?
Semrush Pro plan costs $119.95 per month, and SEO Powersuite’s Professional plan is $149/year. However, for $119.95 a month, you will get access to over 50 tools.
But, if you are an SEO agency and offer services to clients, SEO Powersuite’s Enterprise plan would be cheaper and a good one. Semrush’s Guru plan is $199.95 per month, and Enterprise plans start at $399.95/mo. Therefore, if you offer individual services such as website audit reports for clients, choosing SEO Powersuite over Semrush would be good.
What is the best Semrush Alternative?
There are literally hundreds of free and paid SEO tools like Semrush.
Considering Semrush is a top-notch tool, it is difficult to find a better alternative to Semrush.com.
However, if you are looking for a free Semrush alternative, I would recommend Google Search Console.
- You can tweak your search appearance via Google Search Console by removing unnecessary URLs etc.,
- Find keywords your site is already ranking for and their ranking positions, CTR and search impressions, etc.,
- Look for technical SEO errors such as robots.txt and site map issues.
- Request Google to index your content
- Learn how to enhance your content
- Find backlinks to your site
One downside is you cannot analyze competitor sites’ SEO performance. Still, Google Search Console is one of the top tools that I use daily.
If you are looking for a cheaper Semrush alternative, I suggest BrandOverflow. Its paid plans start at just $9 per month.
Conclusion on Semrush Alternatives
Semrush is one of the best digital marketing tools out there. It provides over fifty tools for just $119.95 per month. But, you might not like the UI or could not afford the money to buy Semrush at this time.
That is why I shared the best Semrush alternatives for bloggers. Personally, I have been using all these Semrush competitors and can vouch for them.
So, what is your best Semrush alternative? Please share with us in the comments below.
FAQs on Semrush Alternatives and Competitors
Is Semrush Free?
Semrush offers both free and premium plans. However, the Semrush Free plan does not include many features and has minimal usage opportunities.
What can you do with Semrush?
Semrush provides over 50 different SEO, Advertising, Social Media, Content Marketing, and Competitive Research tools. You can use Semrush to improve the online visibility of your business.
How much does Semrush cost?
Semrush’s basic paid plans start from $119.95 per month (PRO). Semrush GURU and Business plans cost $229.95/mo and $449.95, respectively. Also, several add-ins such as must be bought separately.