In this new article, you will find the best Semrush alternatives for bloggers to save money and supercharge SEO campaigns!
And never-ending regular updates and new tools make Semrush is one of the all-time best SEO and SEM tools for marketers.
Although, how much perfect the Semrush is, it might not be for you. Maybe you are looking for an SEO tool with a simple user interface. Or maybe you are looking for a cheap Semrush alternative.
Any reason you might have, you are going to find out top Semrush competitors in this article.
- 2 Best SEMrush Alternatives (Free & Paid)
- SEO Powersuite
- What is the best Semrush Alternative?
- Conclusion on Semrush Alternatives
- FAQs on Semrush Alternatives and Competitors
2 Best SEMrush Alternatives (Free & Paid)
Depending on your needs, the best Semrush alternative of mine would not be yours. Therefore, I recommend trying out all of these possible Semrush replacements.
BrandOverflow is a new SEO tool and it provides various tools for search engine marketers to improve organic traffic.
Top 5 BrandOverflow Features
Both Semrush and BrandOverflow has Google rank tracking tools in place. But, Semrush has the ability to track keyword ranking in Bing search as well.
Here is a screenshot of my BrandOverflow Rank Tracking dashboard.
Some features of BrandOverflow Rank tracker
- Rankings are updated daily and automatically
- Ability to track local organic rankings
- Email notifications on rank updates
- Track Google My Business and Position Zero rankings
- Track rich snippets rankings
- Find the biggest movers and biggest drops for a particular period
Looking for a site like Semrush to find keywords that you want to rank?
BrandOverflow’s Keyword Tool makes it easier than ever.
BrandOverflow’s Interface is very similar to Ahref’s. Here are several things you can accomplish in the Keyword Tool of BrandOverflow.
- Find rank requirements for the first page on Google. (See how much DA, TF, and backlinks are required on average to rank on the first page for a specific search term)
- Know if the keyword is easy to rank for
- Understand the popularity over time
- Current top 10 SERP ranking websites and relevant metrics such as DA, TF, referring domains, etc.,
Another fantastic tool inside BrandOverflow is the Keyword Generator. The equivalent in Semrush is the Keyword Magic Tool.
In spite of not having robust keyword filter options and features in the BrandOverflow, it does what it promises that is generating relevant keywords.
If you are looking for a good Semrush alternative for domain insights, BrandOverflow might be a good choice.
Semrush is one of the best tools when it comes to competitor analytics. It has developed its own ranking system and domain authority mechanism called Semrush Rank. Also, BrandOverflow offers similar but basic details about competitor sites.
- Domain Authority measures based on Majestic SEO, Moz, etc.,
- Backlinks details (Overview)
- Social shares metrics
- Alexa Traffic ranking details
- Audience insights
- Traffic trend
- Geographic coverage
- Traffic channels
- Top organic search queries
- PPC search terms
- Referring sites
- Social traffic metrics
One area tools like Semrush is really dominating over other SEO software is Site Auditing.
Unlike other Semrush competitors such as SEO Powersuite’s Website Auditor, you do not need to run software on your computer to run a full SEO audit of your site if used BrandOverflow’s SEO Audit tool.
Both BrandOverflow and Semrush provides SEO Audit as cloud services. But, unlike Semrush Site Audit, BrandOverflow currently does not offer full site audit features.
What BrandOverflow SEO Audit does is analyzing a particular web page for a certain keyword phrase and suggesting tips to optimize the page to rank higher on Google SERPs. See the screenshot below for an instance.
BrandOverflow has a free plan. However, just like Semrush, if you want to supercharge your SEO efforts, you should upgrade to one of the paid plans. BrandOverflow’s premium plans start at just $9 per month. And you can upgrade as you grow.
Here are the features and limits of BrandOverflow’s $9 monthly plan. (PRO-50)
- Tracked Keywords – 50
- Tracked Backlinks – 500
- Keyword Tool – 125 /mo
- Keyword Generator – 200 /mo
- Domain Insights – 250 /mo
- Question Explorer – 250 /mo
- SEO Audits – 500 /mo
The next plan which is the PRO-100 costs $19 per month and the limits are doubled compared with PRO-50.
Therefore, if you are looking for a more affordable Semrush alternative for rank tracking etc., I would recommend BrandOverflow.
Semrush vs BrandOverflow
Both tools provide various tools for search engine optimization. However, I have experienced that Semrush provides a lot more feature-rich tools.
Here is a comparison between Semrush and BrandOverflow.
BrandOverflow Pros vs SEMrush
- Cheap compared to Semrush
- Rank tracking data are updated daily and pretty accurate
- The ability to track local keyword rankings
- White-label features for digital marketing agencies at a cheaper price range
- Dark mode!
BrandOverflow Cos vs SEMrush
- Do not have a competitor analytics tool
- Limited data
- Limited export options
- No mobile apps
Who should use BrandOverflow over Semrush?
I have been using both SEO tools for some time. Semrush’s paid plans start at $99.95/mo while BrandOverflow’s lowest paid plan is at $9/mo.
If rank tracking is a big part of your business, I recommend BrandOverflow over Semrush because it’s cheaper and accurate.
SEO PowerSuite is an ultimate SEO toolset and definitely is one of the best alternatives to Semrush. Unlike Semrush, all tools of SEO Powersuite are software so you can use them an unlimited amount of times than most Semrush tools.
Top SEO Powersuite Software
Rank Tracker software by SEO Powersuite is a good alternative to Semrush Rank Tracker.
Here’s a video on how to use Rank Tracker to monitor keywords (and generate new keywords).
- GEO-specific rank tracking
- Integrated keywords tools at once place and find keywords for content marketing
- All your keywords and rankings are in one place. Find mobile and desktop keyword rankings separately
- Track competitors keyword rankings
- White-label customizable reports
Website Auditor’s equivalent in Semrush is Site Audit. Since Website Auditor is software, you are not limited by a number of web pages so you can audit literally an unlimited number of pages.
That is alone a bigger advantage over Semrush, particularly if your site contains hundreds of thousands of resources.
Website Auditor is a robust audit tool and probably the best software for site auditing. Here are a few things Website Auditor is capable of.
I have used both Semrush Site Audit and Website Auditor for numerous of my and clients’ sites. Website Auditor is powerful and flexible when it comes to site audit. Maybe because it focuses on site audit alone compared with Semrush.
TF-IDF is used by Google to rank web pages. I use this feature often to find unused keywords in blog posts. Not only they reduce chances for keyword stuffing but also improve the content by adding relevant ingredients for pillar content.
This software does what Semrush’s Backlink analytics tool does, helping you out to build more high-quality backlinks by identifying potential link building opportunities.
According to their website, their own backlink index contains over 2.7 trillion backlinks and 7.1 web pages are crawled daily!
That is a lot of data!
Watch this SEO Spyglass webinar to see how to use the tool.
- Find all backlinks pointing to a website
- Spy on competitors backlink building secrets
- Find traffic generating backlinks
- Lets you easily see if your competitors are buying site-wide links
- Lets you figure out where your competitors are buying links from
- Customizable reports
Link Assistant is similar to the Semrush Link Building tool. It is used to none other than acquiring quality backlinks.
- Find link partners
- Search sites linking your online competitors
- Launch link building campaigns
- Monitor backlinks
- Link building reports
SEO PowerSuite has three main plans.
- Free — Awesome to get started
- Professional — Perfect for website owners and webmasters
- Enterprise — Designed for professional optimizers and SEO companies
Normally, Professional plans start at $149/year and Enterprise plans at $349/year.
If you are a solopreneur such as a blogger, the Professional plan will be more than enough.
SEO Powersuite vs Semrush
Both SEO tools provides powerful features to take your SEO marketing campaigns to the next level.
However, the likelihood of using SEO PowerSuite may depend on what you are looking for in a Semrush alternative and what the uses are.
SEO Powersuite Pros vs Semrush
- Dedicated, feature-rich tools for every SEO requirement
- Unlimited usage
- Low cost compared with Semrush’s agency plans such as Guru
SEO Powersuite Cons vs Semrush
- Requires a computer to use the tool
SEO Powersuite or Semrush?
Semrush Pro plan costs $99.95 per month and SEO Powersuite’s Professional plan is $149/year. However, for $99.95 a month, you will get access to over 50 tools.
But, if you are an SEO agency and offer services to clients, SEO Powersuite’s Enterprise plan would be cheaper and a good one. Semrush’s Guru plan is $199.95 per month and Enterprise plans start at $399.95/mo. Therefore, if you offer individual services such as website audit reports for clients, choosing SEO Powersuite over Semrush would be good.
What is the best Semrush Alternative?
There are literraly hundreds of free and paid SEO tools like Semrush.
Considering Semrush is a top-notch tool, it is difficult to find a better alternative to Semrush.com.
However, if you are looking for a free Semrush alternative, I would recommend Google Search Console.
- You can tweak your search appearance via Google search Console by removing unnecessary URLs etc.,
- Find keywords your site is already ranking for and their ranking positions, CTR and search impressions, etc.,
- Look for technical SEO errors such as robots.txt and site map issues.
- Request Google to index your content
- Learn how to enhance your content
- Find backlinks to your site
One downside is you cannot analyze competitor sites’ SEO performance. Still, Google Search Console is one of the top tools that I use on daily basis.
If you are looking for a cheaper Semrush alternative, I suggest BrandOverflow. Its paid plans start at just $9 per month.
Conclusion on Semrush Alternatives
Semrush is one of the best digital marketing tools out there. It provides over fifty tools for just $99.95 per month. But, you might not like the UI or could not afford the money to buy Semrush at this time.
That is why I shared the best Semrush alternatives for bloggers. Personally, I have been using all these Semrush competitors and can vouch for them.
So, what is your best Semrush alternative? Share with us in the comments below.
FAQs on Semrush Alternatives and Competitors
Semrush offers both free and premium plans. However, the Semrush Free plan does not include many features and comes with very limited usage opportunities.
Semrush provides over 50 different tools for SEO, Advertising, Social Media, Content Marketing, and Competitive Research. You can use Semrush to improve the online visibility of your business.
Semrush’s basic paid plans start from $99.95 per month (PRO). Semrush GURU and Business plans cost $199.95/mo and $399.95 respectively. Also, several add-ins such as must be bought separately.
- How to use Semrush to grow organic traffic
- How to find competitor websites’ keywords with Semrush
- Semrush trial promotion offer for Pitiya readers
- Track Google Keyword rankings by using Semrush