Poor grammar and punctuation implementation always hurt — no argument about that.
Well, you are here because you wanted a proper grammar and punctuation checker and corrector to fix errors on your documents, right?
Don’t go anywhere! 😀 In a second, you will find out my go-to eight online grammar and punctuation checker tools.
Personally, I use Grammarly to check grammar and punctuation online of my blog post content (like this article you’re reading), essays, papers, emails, social media status (such as Facebook posts), and forum posts. Check out the list of online grammar and punctuation checker tools below to find our rankings for the best online grammar checkers and the links to websites.
|Our Rank||Grammar Checker||Link to Website|
|3||Pro Writing Aid||Visit Pro Writing Aid|
|4||Paper Rater||Visit Paper Rater|
|5||Online Correction||Visit Online Correction|
|6||Language Tool||Visit Language Tool|
|8||Spell Check 24||Visit Spell Check 24|
If you have any questions, suggestions, or recommendations on any grammar-checking software, please share them in the comment form below.
Best Online Grammar and Punctuation Checker Tools
Grammarly has become my go-to grammar checker tool. Its features, such as GrammarlyGO (the generative AI tool), snippets, plagiarism checker, and integrations, make it one of the best and most easy-to-use writing assistants.
As a comprehensive grammar and punctuation checker, Grammarly has all the tools to correct most errors.
Among Grammarly’s sophisticated features, I have found a few key features. Here are some of them.
- Grammarly Can Correct Over 250 Simple and Advanced Grammar and Punctuation Errors: The tool automatically scans your text/article and detects any sentence with poor grammar and punctuation marks. You are just a few clicks away from correcting them all. It is as simple as ABC!
- Integrations: Another reason Grammarly is one of the best tools to use is its integrations and tools. The browser extension lets you check grammar and punctuation mistakes on your social media accounts and content editors such as WordPress. Mobile apps and Microsoft Office add-ons are also helpful.
- Check for Content Plagiarism: No need to use another tool to check plagiarism.
- GrammarlyGO: This is a generative AI tool that helps you with your writing.
- Vocabulary Enhancement: Add synonyms to your written content by double-clicking a word.
Grammarly can be used as an online tool and software that works on your PC, tablet, or laptop. There are no differences between these two methods. I have used them – They are perfect!
Grammarly includes Android and iOS apps for checking grammar and punctuation on mobile devices (Grammarly Keyboard app). So, once you have created your Grammarly account, you can download the Android App from the Play Store and iOS App from the App Store and use them with your smart device.
Furthermore, Grammarly does provide specific features under its “Business Plan.” Brand Tons, Snippets, and Analytics are some of them. Learn more.
Grammarly does have two plans: Free and Premium. Find differences from this article.
Although there are many alternatives to Grammarly, Grammarly is far ahead of them in terms of features, accuracy, efficacy, and user-friendliness. Also, you can cancel your Grammarly subscription anytime if you are not satisfied with the service.
Click here to get Grammarly grammar checker.
Pro Writing Aid
ProWritingAid is another grammar and punctuation checker with a generous free plan.
- Better Integrations: ProWritingAid integrates with MS Word, Open Office, Google Docs, Scrivener, and Google Chrome, so you can save lots of valuable time and increase the efficiency of your work.
- Word Explorer: Improve your document’s readability and quality moreover by using the Word Explorer tool by ProWritingAid. It contains a thesaurus, contextually related words, a dictionary, a reverse dictionary, a collocation dictionary, an alliteration dictionary, a cliche dictionary, rhymes, and example usages from poetry, prose, and songs.
- Detailed Explanations: ProWritingAid highlights every grammar and punctuation error, such as comma slice, wrong sentence structure, etc., and after clicking on the highlighted text, you can see a detailed explanation of the grammar rule and punctuation mark. So, you don’t need to search the web to find information about particular grammar and punctuation rules.
ProWritingAid provides browser extensions, add-ons for Microsoft Word, and many other tools.
- Grammar Checker: GingerSoftware or Ginger corrects grammar mistakes in your articles. It provides an online editor, browser extensions, computer applications, Microsoft Word add-in, and mobile apps.
- Paraphrase tool: The paraphraser tool in Ginger lets you rephrase your content.
- Punctuation Checker: Ginger has a robust punctuation checker tool.
- Translation: Translate your content to over forty (40) languages.
Ginger has several payment plans:
Grammarly vs. Ginger
Grammarly and Ginger are two of the best online grammar and punctuation checker tools out there. I have written a comprehensive comparison guide between Grammarly and Ginger Software.
PaperRater is an online proofreading tool that corrects all grammatical and spelling errors. You don’t need to download any software to work with it. It’s a free grammar checker tool with no download.
Besides working as a thorough comma checker, PaperRater also has several noticeable features. Here are a few of them.
- Check grammar, spelling, and word voice: Besides fixing grammatical and spelling errors, PaperRater also corrects word voice. This feature is handy for proofreading a manuscript or a speech text.
- Check punctuations: Using punctuation marks in proper placements is very important. PaperRater automatically detects places to add punctuation marks.
- Set proofreading settings: You can customize how PaperRater proofreads your content by customizing your personal dictionary.
OnlineCorrection includes all the features a typical proofreader tool has, such as automatic grammar correction, punctuation error capturing (ex, improper adding of commas, colons, and semi-colons), wordiness checking, and spelling error fixes.
All spelling errors will be marked in red, and other grammar and diction errors will be kept in green.
Language tool is another site like Grammarly with an open-source, multilingual proofreading software option for developers. Currently, the LanguageTool supports over 20 international languages, including English, German, Spanish, and French.
- Personal Dictionary
- Advanced punctuation, style, and typography with the “Picky Mode.”
- Plugins, apps, add-ons, and browser extensions (download for Chrome from this link)
- Open source grammar checker software.
- Proofreading API
Because LanguageTool is an open-source product, you can download and edit the source code to enhance the application.
Like LanguageTool, GramMark is another open-source-based online grammar and punctuation checker. You can download the GramMark tool from this page and contribute.
Spell Check 24
SpellCheck24.net is another free tool with multilingual support to check for grammar and punctuation.
- Download text as a PDF file: This is a unique feature of SpellCheck24.net. You can download your text in PDF format.
- Save and load text from the Cloud: Another useful feature for people who write articles often using different devices. This is also beneficial if you have partners located at various locations. Just send them the account details.
- Text Analysis: You can analyze Readability, Word density, etc.
It also has a personal dictionary, browser extensions, and add-ons for MS Word. However, some of those are in paid plans, which are typically free in other services.
Top 3 Online Grammar And Punctuation Checker Tools Comparison
Grammarly vs Ginger vs Pro Writing Aid
|Free grammar, punctuation checking, and correcting||Yes||Yes||No|
|Grammar Checker Addon for Microsoft Word||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mobile Applications (Android & iOS)||Yes||Yes||No|
|Grammar Check on Gmail||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Grammar Check on Facebook||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Price per year||$144.00||$84||$120|
|Sign Up Link||Click Here||Click Here||Click Here|
Note: All prices are in United States Dollars (USD), and fees may have been changed. Also, each plan may have different features and limits, so please check their websites to learn more about pricing and features.
As humans, we have lots of flaws. Even if you are a professional writer, poet, author, online school owner, online course creator, micro job worker, or freelance worker, you could make many grammatical and spelling errors.
You can fix those errors with the help of a very good proofreading tool.
But what’s even worse is when your article doesn’t have punctuation marks in the proper places. One comma mistake can make a big difference.
Let’s eat grandma! Let’s eat, grandma!
Even though you can use a grammar-checking service, an article will cost you a few hundred dollars. And to get a paper proofread would take a significant amount of time.
As you need a quick solution for your grammar and punctuation mistakes, using an accurate, robust grammar and punctuation checker tool is best.
I use Grammarly’s Premium version. It checks my grammar and punctuation. Analyzes the text and fixes my grammar mistakes quickly.
If I didn’t use a punctuation checker tool for this article, I wonder if you could understand the text I wrote!
So, what’s your best grammar and punctuation checker tool?
Did I miss any online grammar and punctuation checker tool you are familiar with or know? Share your thoughts in the comment form below.