10 Best Online Grammar and Punctuation Checker Tools/ Correctors 2017
Writing a grammatical and spelling error-free article is crucial in many cases. But, even your article is 100% correct in grammar and spelling scenario, if your punctuation strategies are poor, you are not a successful writer.
Yes, with proper proofreading, you can make a good grammatical error-free article. However, if the sentences and paragraphs don’t convey the idea what you want to say, your article isn’t good.
Here’s an example:
In fact, one punctuation mistake can ruin your whole article.
Let’s eat Grandpa! (A suggestion to eat your grandfather)
Let’s eat, Grandpa! (An invitation to your grandfather to eat together)
Spelling, Grammar and Punctuation check are so much important, right?
That’s why proper usage of punctuations can decrease the ambiguity and make your text easy to read and understand.
In fact, an article with a proper grammar and punctuations is tens of worth than hundreds of articles with chunky text and tons of grammar, spelling, syntax and punctuation errors.
Even though you might not think about it seriously, checking grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors is so important than writing article absolutely.
Would you like to throw your efforts in water? Not Anyway, right?
So, how do you check grammar and punctuation errors in your articles, essays, reports, blog posts, etc.? And fix those errors.
I found a few tools to check punctuation and grammar errors on any article/document you have. But, some of them are useless and don’t have important features that a primary grammar checker tool should have.
Therefore, I thought to list the best grammar and punctuation checker tools in 2016. Millions of professional businessmen, teachers, students, marketers, bloggers and ordinary people all around the world use these grammar checkers on a daily basis.
There is no any specific order of these tools. You can always try them and choose the perfect one that compliments your needs.
For example, if you want an online grammar and punctuation corrector which supports every platform, you may use a premium one.
Also, if you’re a college student, teacher or even a freelance writer, you can use a free punctuation corrector tool.
There aren’t any specific reason to use only one tool. You can always can try all of below online grammar and punctuation checker tools and find a best one.
One more thing…
…if you know any other punctuation checker tool, please let me know in the comment section below. It will be helpful me to improve this article and contribute to improving other people’s writing skills.
Best Online Grammar and Punctuation Checker tools in 2016
Number #1: Grammarly Grammar Checker: A competent, thorough and accurate Grammar checker
I am personally using Grammarly as my proofreading tool. Not just only me, more than 4 million people use Grammarly to check their grammatical and spelling errors and correct them instantly.
Business professionals, college teachers, university lectures, bloggers, students, and even professional writers use this powerful grammar check tool to make error-free articles.
As Grammarly creators claim, it is a thorough grammar and punctuation checker. As a user of over three years of experience I and recommend this tool for anyone who is weak at writing errorless articles.
Among Grammarly’s sophisticated features, I have found a few key features. Here are some of them.
- Corrects over 250 different punctuation and vocabulary errors: Grammarly tool automatically scans your text/article and detect any sentence with poor grammar and punctuational mark errors. You are just one click away to correct them all. It is as simple as ABC!
- Check Grammar on MicroSoft Word: You might use MS Word daily for your writing affairs. With Grammarly Microsoft Addon, you no-moreover need to copy and paste articles to the online grammar checker websites or waiting until someone ends proofreading. Within Microsoft Word program, you can fix grammar and punctuation issues quickly. Not only in Microsoft Word program, but Grammarly Addon also supports to all other applications of MS Office as well. (EX: Excell, Access)
- Check for Content Plagiarism: If you are a blogger just like me, you would know the Google Panda update pretty well. It is a nightmare for websites that have thin and duplicate contents. Google Panda punishes websites that have duplicate and low-quality content. Checking plagiarism for your blog posts is very important as an SEO’s point of view. Even though, I know that I am a genuine article writer, I have practiced myself to check plagiarism of my content in every time I write a new blog post. And I don’t forget to analyze SERP for every time I get a new content idea.
- English grammar check: With the ability of test over 250 English punctuation and vocabulary errors, you can turn your errorful article into error-free article very quickly. In General, it takes about 5-10 minutes to correct all grammar mistakes of an article with 2,500 words. Yes, it ultimately depends on your writing style and the number of errors. But, Grammarly can correct all grammar mistakes quicker unlike other grammar corrector tools. As Google check grammar quality of your articles, you should be aware of grammar of your article even if you’re a freelance writer.
- Vocabulary Enhancement: This feature is especially very useful for content marketers. Do you know the importance of having an article with diversified words? If your each article are about 1000 words longer, but a few words take 10%-40% portion of that count, is it a good sign of a quality article? Not, right? With Vocabulary Enhancement tool, you can find synonyms and make your dead articles meaty and interesting ones to consume. Vocabulary Enhancement tool will help your blog post to rank for number of unpredicted keywords higher on SERPs. Just use one time and see how your blog traffic increases over time dramatically.
Grammarly can be used as an online tool and software that works on your PC, tablet or laptop. There are no differences between these two methods. I have used these both methods. They are simply perfect!
If you are searching an excellent spelling and grammar check tool to correct punctuation and wording errors, I recommend Grammarly tool as I am currently using this tool.
Number #2: Paper Rater: Pre Grade Your Paper
PaperRater is an online proofreading tool that corrects all grammatical and spelling errors for free of cost. You don’t need to download any software to work with it. It’s a free grammar checker tool with no download.
Besides of working as a thorough comma checker, PaperRater also has several noticeable features. Here are a few of them.
- Check grammar, spelling, and word voice: Apart from just fixing grammatical and spell errors, PaperRater also corrects word voice. This feature is very useful if you want to proofread a manuscript or a speech text.
- Check Punctuation mistakes: Using punctuation marks in proper placements is very important. PaperRater automatically detects places to add punctuation marks.
- Set settings of Proofreading: There are lots of writing styles. One writing style couldn’t be right with traditional English grammar, vocabulary and punctuation rules. But, you can change the setting of proofreading.Ex: If your name is not an English related name, it will be marked as a wording error in most grammar checker tools. But, by changing the settings in PaperRater, you can differ things happenings and so save lots of time.
- Overall writing score: This is an interesting feature for me. How if you can get a score for your writing? And your friend’s writing skills? Interesting, right? PaperRater will show you an overall score that is known as “writing score” which is introduced by them. Writing score is counted using a few different key factors of a high-quality article such as proper wording, length of a sentence/paragraph, grammar, spelling, punctuation marks and readability scores, etc.
Overall Paper Rater is a simple, yet another powerful grammar corrector tool for school teachers, students, kids and content marketers alike. The proper use of this tool will make you a better writer day by day and show you how to improve your writing ability and minimize failures.
Number #3: After the Deadline: Polish My Writing
“After the Deadline” or Polish My Writing as it called is yet another spelling and grammar checker tool that can be used by anyone who is interested in polishing their English grammatical and spelling skills.
- Grammar spell check and correction: All grammar errors will be highlighted in green color and suggest the correct version of it. Also, all spelling mistakes will be highlighted in red color and suggest the correct words. Once you get familiar with these styles, you will simultaneously identify what are your main failures (ex: punctuation errors, grammar errors, spelling mistakes) and how to improve your writing ability. To become a better article writer, you should practice and minimize these errors.
- Style Suggestions: PolishMyWriting not only finds grammatical errors, but also understand your writing style too (EX: conversational tone). PMW will suggest grammar corrections according to your writing style.
- Active and passive voice suggestions: If you write articles for a blog, then you should use active voice rather than passive voice. With PolishMyWriting tool, you can easily get correct suggestions for every active and passive voice rule. (EG: Present, past, present continue, past continue, perfect, future tenses, etc.)
Do you surprise why PolishMyWriting has active and passive voice suggestion feature? Maybe because of the creator of this tool. The PolishMywriting tool is created by the folks who contributed to building the world great WordPress Content management and blogging system.
By the way...
Number #4: SpellChecker.net: Online Spell, Grammar, and Thesaurus checking
SpellChecker.net is the free grammar and spell checker tool of webspellchecker.net. It can detect common spelling errors like “then” instead of “than” and common grammar mistakes like “have write” instead of “have written”.
There is no any particular key feature of this tool. You can access to SpellChecker’s grammar checking tool over here.
Number #5: Online Correction: Correct Text Online
This is another tool that can detect common grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. OnlineCorrection works just like PolishMyWriting. If you want a distraction-free interface to work in comfortably, OnlineCorrection tool would be the best grammar tool of you.
All spelling errors will be marked with red color and other grammar, and diction errors will be marked in green color. If you need a basic tool to check common errors in English grammar of your articles such as “in table” instead of “on table,” OnlineCorrection would be the best text correction tool.
Number #6: GrammarCheck.me: Check Your Grammar
GrammarCheck.me could probably be the best distraction-free online grammar check tool that can identify common grammatical errors in the English language. This is the first time I have started using this tool. From the first few views, it took my attention.
- Highlight grammatical and spelling errors in English: All grammatical mistakes are underlined with a red color line and spelling mistakes are underlined with a green line.
- Text formatting: Apart from being a free Grammar and punctuation checker, GrammarCheck.me also can be used as a tool to write blog content, legal letters, and resumes. All necessary formatting from bolding, italicizing, indentation and adding ordered & unordered list to adding heading tags, HTML elements/tags, and undoing & redoing can be done easily with GrammarCheck.me tool.
- Print Text: Right after creating your error-free English article, you can print the document very easily.
Number #7: Gingersoftware Proofreader: One Tool that can do multiple tasks at once
I have used Ginger Proofreader for more two years, and it is a complete grammar and punctuation corrector tool. If you need to check grammar, punctuation, spelling and wording of an article and also translate it into over 40 languages, so Ginger software could be your best choice.
- Grammar Checker: Being a human, I make lots of flaws. Grammar errors, spelling errors and punctuation errors are a few problems I face when writing an article or letter. Ginger helped me on all those occasions I was in trouble. By using Ginger Grammar Checker tool, I created 3,000+ words lengthier articles like Twitter unfollow tools, SEMrush review, Keyword research for YouTube video and motivational network marketing quotes on success. Without Ginger, I couldn’t think where I would be now. Sometimes out of blogging!
- Sentence Rephrase: Speaking and writing are two different styles. But, on many occasions, we use many words that use in speaking (oral language). That happens when we lose our perception and our awareness. But, with “Sentence Rephraser” tool, you can check grammar of sentences and adapt to proper language style either to written language or oral language.
- Spell Checker: When you write 1000’s words lengthy articles, there are more chances, you could make more spelling mistakes. Personally, I make a lot of misspells in every paragraph. Ginger’s Spell checker tool can correct those misspelled and misused words easily.
- Punctuation Checker: Ginger has a robust punctuation checker tool. Not putting dots, commas and quotes in proper places of your email could result in not approving your registration form/application and losing a valuable customer. The redundant use of punctuation marks changes the message of the letter. But, Ginger’s punctuation check tool is a perfect solution to craft easy-to-read and understandable articles.
- Translation: Currently Ginger software can translate your text into over 40 languages. As a premium user, you can use this feature every time you want to translate any text into over 40 languages. An alternative to Google translate. So, this tool could be very useful if you deal with international customers and want to translate all your articles and blog posts into another language.
Ginger is an excellent writing tool. Probably the best grammar checker in 2016 amongst other proofreading tools. As a person who used Ginger proofreading tool in the past, I can recommend you to use Ginger grammar check software on your PC.
Ginger is also available as an App for Android and iOS mobile devices. You can use them for free on your mobile device.
Number #8: Language Tool: A Multilingual Open Source Proofreading Software
The days are gone you have to pay for getting some valuable products. Now there are tons of alternatives. Open Source has become the main competitor for paid tools and software. From Linux-based operating systems to open source browsers like Mozilla and word processing software like LibreOffice, you can download them, change the source code, develop them and distribute.
Language tool is such a useful Open Source based multilingual proofreading software that comes with the license of LGPL 2.1. Currently, Language tool support over 20 international languages including English, German, Espanol, and French. So, if your article is written in those languages, you can proofread it using this free punctuation and grammar checker tool.
You can download the entire free grammar check software either from Language Tool over here or from GitHub over here. It also available as a FireFox extension that you can install over here. If you are a Google Chrome user, you’re a few step away from use this free punctuation corrector. Go to Chome Web Store over here and install on your browser.
If you are a programmer, so LanguageTool’s source code would be very useful. Download it over here and create own custom grammar correction tool that supports to your native language.
Number #9: GramMark.org: An Opensource writing aide that fix punctuation mistakes
Have you ever asked “is this sentence correct?” to yourself? So from today, no more want to ask this question because you can develop your proofreader software (with the features and tools you want to have) and correct all sentence errors.
Just like Languagetool.org, GramMark.org is another website that launched an open source project for grammar corrections online.
Number #10: SpellCheck24.net: Free Multilingual, Contextual, Grammar, and Punctuation Checker
SpellCheck24.net is another free tool to check grammar and spelling errors of articles. There are a few features of this tool. You can find some of them below.
- Contextual Spell Checking: In some occasions, your wording might be right, but not good as general writing rules. Ex: crosslinking, mobilegeddon, ProBlogTricks. By using SpellCheck24.net, you can analyze your article for spelling errors very quickly.
- Spell check many languages: From US English to South African English and from Espanol, Italian, French to Russian, SpellCheck24.net supports well over ten languages. You just need to paste your text (or start writing) and select the particular language your text is written.
- Print error-free Article: You can instantly print your text document using the Print command.
- Download text as a PDF file: This is a unique feature of SpellCheck24.net. You can download your text in PDF format.
- Save and load text from Cloud: Another useful feature for people who write articles often using different devices. This is also beneficial if you have partners who are located at different locations. Just send him/her the account details.
- Text Analysis: This is my favorite feature of Spell Check tool. You can analysis Readability, Word density, and Filler Word scores instantly. These metrics are not only important for content marketers, but also for college students, teachers and professionals too. Text analysis will help you write a natural and an interesting article that pleases people.
Spellcheck24.net is not only a good free grammar checker tool but also a good punctuation corrector too. As its incentive interface, surely you’d use this tool regularly.
As humans, we do lots of flaws. Even you are a professional writer, poet, author or a freelance worker you could make lots of grammatical and spelling errors.
You can fix those errors with the help of a very good proofreading tool.
But, what’s even worse is when your article doesn’t have punctuation marks in proper places. One comma can make a big difference. (like eating grandfather!)
Even though you can use a grammar check service, it will cost you a few hundreds of dollars for an article. And it will take some time too.
As you need a quick solution for your grammar and punctuation mistakes, using an accurate and a robust grammar and punctuation checker tool is the best way to go.
I use Grammarly’s premium version. It checks my grammar and punctuation. Analyze the text and fix my grammar mistakes quickly.
If I didn’t use a punctuation checker tool for this article, I wonder if you could understand the text I wrote!
So what’s your best grammar and punctuation checker tool?
Did I miss any free punctuation checker tool that you are familiar with or know? Share your ideas in the comment form below.