7 Best Free Online Punctuation Checker Tools To Correct Every Error
Let’s be honest. We are humans, thus we could not write a punctuation or grammar error-less article at the first place.
I don’t know about you. But, I make tons of grammatical errors on my essays, narratives, letters and of course blog articles.
An improperly placed comma could result in changing the core of the article at all.
That’s why using a pretty good comma corrector for comma errors, quotation marks checker for quotation-related errors and apostrophe checker for apostrophe-related errors is essential.
But, they are a lot of tools, right?
Comma placement checker, quotation checker, and apostrophe checker tools are a lot to handle.
What if I told you there are free punctuation checker tools that could correct punctuation errors instantly.
However, you may be not interested in using a free punctuation corrector at the first place.
You may be wondering if there are other alternative ways to check punctuation online.
Here are the three most common ways to correct punctuation of any article.
- Proofread text by yourself (or by your friend): Cheap, time-consuming and not very efficient if English is not your native language (or if you are not familiar with English).
- Hire a freelance writer to check punctuation: Not cheap, but can make your articles more human-friendly.
- Use online punctuation checker tool: Paid and free punctuation checker tools. They can rectify misused commas, colons, quotation marks, article placement errors very quickly.
As you can see, even through first two methods are looking good to choose, you might not be able to rectify most punctuation errors quickly.
And many freelance article editors sell their services according to the word count and the topic of the article. If your article is about English literature, that is fine. But, if it is a complex topic such as the psychological influence of Pomodoro method, it shouldn’t be easy to write around that topic. Is it not?
That is why, I and millions of people (teachers, college students, professional writers, bloggers, businessmen) use online tools to correct punctuation errors.
So, here are 7 online punctuation checker tools to correct comma, quotation, semi-colon, colon and apostrophe placements instantly.
Free Online Punctuation Checker Tools to Write a Meaningful Article
If you want a top-notch proper punctuation checker, I recommend Grammarly for you. It is not just only because I personally use it as my grammar checker tool to correct my English grammatical errors on blog posts, but also more than 4 million people trust on this perfect tool.
Why you should use Grammarly:
- Grammarly has an eye for checking over 250 grammatical mistakes: You would surprise how many grammatical mistakes you make on each article. Grammarly can identify most of the grammar mistakes in your article. So if you’re not a good writer, this tool is the perfect choice for you.
- Enhance your vocabulary with Vocabulary builder: Just adding commas, colons and other punctuation mark only doesn’t convey that you explained everything you wanted simply to the mind of the reader. Grammarly finds synonyms and suggests you replace most appropriate words as the situation and context. This is one of my favorite features in Grammarly.
- Plagiarism checker: If you use Grammarly, you don’t need to pay for another tool to check plagiarism. Grammarly has an inbuilt tool to check plagiarism. But, you should upgrade to Premium plan to use this tool. Personally, as a blogger, I would thankful Grammarly to provide such an important tool like this!
- Work on everywhere: Grammarly has an add-in for Microsoft Office suite. It means you can replace Grammarly tool with default grammar checker in Microsoft Word. You can easily spell check in Word than any other day. Also by using Online text editor and web browser extension, you can do a lot of activities. (correct grammar, punctuation in social media sites, WordPress post editor, Forums, Q&A sites.)
- And a lot more reasons… Learn more about Grammarly.
One of the most wanted features of any online punctuation checker is the ability to understand the affinity of each word. In other words, contextual spell check.
Luckily, Grammarly doesn’t second for any premium or free punctuation corrector tool at this point. Check out this screenshot to learn how many document types Grammarly supports at this moment.
Grammarly has both free and paid plans for startups and businesses. But, features such as Vocabulary enhancement, proper punctuation and grammar checking are only available in paid plan. I suggest you upgrade premium plan for at least one month to check if Grammarly is worth of use for your needs.
#2: Ginger Punctuation Checker
Ginger is another punctuation checking tool. It comes with both free and paid plans. I have used this tool since 2012 and I can recommend this tool as well.
If there is a good instant grammar checker tool that can compete with Grammarly, it is Ginger Software. Here are several unique features of GingerSoftware in spite of default features such as grammar check, spell check, comma check.
- Text to Speech: This is a unique and premium feature of GingerSoftware. If you want to hear the narration of certain English words, so Ginger’s Text to Speech feature will be very helpful for you.
- Translate: This is another unique feature in Ginger Proofreader. Currently, it supports over 40 different languages. If you want to translate your entire article into another language, you can do it easily by using Ginger. But, remember that Ginger is another software. So, the translated copy will not be 100% correct.
- Personal Trainer: If English is not your tongue language but want to learn English grammar, punctuation rules, active/passive patterns etc, then you will love this tool. I have used this tool for some time and learned lots of things that I don’t know.
Visit Ginger Software here.
As the title describes, OnlineCorrection is a simple free punctuation checker tool made to correct text. It works just like PolishMyWriting.
But, apart from correcting punctuation mistakes, OnlineCorrection also explains the reasons for marking each as errors. Here’s one example.
You can select the corresponding English dialect your article is written to get more accurate results. Currently, OnlineCorrection supports for five English dialects: American English, British English, Australian English, New Zealand English and South African English.
If you want to check punctuation mistakes in any article written in another language apart from English, you can use these tools too.
- German Punctuation Checker: OnlineKorrektor.de
- French Punctuation Checker: CorrectionOnline.fr
- Spanish Punctuation Checker: CorrectorOnline.es
- Portuguese Punctuation Checker: Correcao.pt
- Polish Punctuation Checker: KorektorOnline.pl
- Italian Punctuation Checker: CorrezioneOnline.it
- Russian Punctuation Checker: онлайн-исправление.рф
#4: After the Deadline
Polish My Writing or After The Deadline is a free punctuation checker tool. But, it comes with amazing features.
Grammatical, spelling and style errors will be highlighted with different colors. (Grammar: green, Spelling: red, Stylish: blue) PolishMyWriting also provides active and passive voice suggestions. For blog posts, you should practice using Active voice rather passive voice in most cases. (Doer should act in subject.)
Even though PolishMyWriting doesn’t provide too many features like Grammarly does, it offers many tools and plugins to use AfterTheDeadline proofreading tool on each different places. (ex: WordPress)
Visit PolishMyWriting tool here.
#5: Paper Rater
PaperRater is another free punctuation corrector tool. It can identify mistakes of grammar, spelling, punctuation and stylish quickly. Just like other tools, PaperRater analyzes the text immediately after you command and provide a detailed report of the article.
PaperRater has a few specifications. Here are some of them.
- Grade Your Paper: Once PaperRater finished analyzing the text you entered, it will grade your writing ability according to the grammatical, punctuation, spelling and wording errors. The higher score you receive, you have a good ability to write non-errorful content.
- Selecting document type: Just like in Grammarly, in PaperRater, you can select the most relevant document type, so you get an accurate overall grade score and importantly, PaperRater can fix punctuation errors easily.
- Plagiarism Detection: This is a premium feature. If there is any web document that matches most words/sentences in your text, you will find them through this tool.
Visit PaperRater tool here.
SpellCheck24.net is another free online punctuation checker tool. It works same as other tools. But, its interface and the speed of grammar check is very convincing.
Here are a few key features of this proofreading tool.
- It is a multilingual proofreading tool: SpellCheck24 supports many international languages including six English dialects, Italiano, Russian and Spanish. So, you can use this tool to proofread as many articles as you want despite they are written in another language.
- Contextual Spell Checking: To punctuate properly, understanding the document type and the niche is really important. For an example, in online marketing we use terms such as SEOs, SEMrush, EBay, Themeforest, Solopreneur and EMD update. But, they aren’t used in real world. So, having the ability to understand contextual combination is helpful to get an error-free article.
- Text Analysis: Apart from providing Readability Analysis and Word density Analysis reports, SpellCheck24 also provides Text Analysis reports. You won’t get these data from a free online proofreading tool.
Visit SpellCheck24 here.
It also provides an extension for Mozilla FireFox that you can download over here.
Bonus #1: GrammarCheck.me
Grammarcheck.me probably the best, free, distraction-free online grammar checker tool out there. It doesn’t have advanced features, but it works just like other tools.
After submitting your text, it will analyze each word, sentences, and paragraphs to look for any punctuation error.
The special feature of GrammarCheck.me is its Text formatting editor. It has been made especially for content marketers, article writers, and bloggers.
Bonus #2: Garretson Punctuation Checker
Gregory’s writing site is specially made for guiding you in better English writing. Among his two writing tools, English punctuation checker takes an important place.
It works same as other tools. But, there is a limit in word count that Garretson Punctuation Checker can analyze. It is 10,000 words at once.
If your article includes more than 10,000 words, you can copy several paragraphs into the textbox and check for punctuation mistakes.
After finished correcting them, you can paste other paragraphs as well.
Proper punctuation is very crucial for a meaningful article. We have seen funny punctuation examples like this in many times.
Let’s eat grandma!
Let’s eat, grandma!
See the difference?
One sentence states to eat grandmother while other ask grandmother to eat together.
So, making sure every comma, colon, semicolon, period, decimal point, bracket, parenthesis, exclamation point and apostrophe etc are placed in proper places is very important.
So, what is your best punctuation checker tool?